LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old October 28th, 2001, 00:54 Thread Starter
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan-Sporting CP-USA-Mexico
P. Ferreira vs Sporting - 2001/02 Portuguese League

Sporting Win 6-0!!!

Wow, what a game. To be honest, I thought we'd lose given that Sporting are such an inconsistent road team and PF are a tough team to play at home. I think this game is a big win. We got goals from dudes who never score (Sa and Beto) and we had our forwards score two a piece. Jardel even scored both with his feet!

Hopefully this game is a sign of the future and not just a one time thing. It's our second huge win of the year and maybe more goals will follow.

"Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose, but how drunk you get."

"There's no justice like mob justice."

Last edited by Filipe Reis; September 11th, 2008 at 20:03.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old October 28th, 2001, 01:27
Rising Star

Teams: Sporting Clube de Portugal/ Real Madrid
Re: Sporting Win 6-0!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Dae

Hopefully this game is a sign of the future and not just a one time thing. It's our second huge win of the year and maybe more goals will follow.

yeah I agree. We had consistent bad weeks but I think this game regained Sporting's confidence in themselves that they really need.

When a team scores 6 goals...like five minutes apart..YOU KNOW they feel real good right now. sweet spanking they gave em.

Keep it going Sporting

:-D
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old October 28th, 2001, 17:56
Rising Star

great result , but in some parts of our game we still seem to be strugling.
i fould that we also gave the ball away sometimes very cheaply and against a big team it might cost us!
Did you hear the story about Niculae?
he's father stated that he was a free agent and that SCP did not have to pay the $3m(we have already paid one) and that Dinamo forged his contract details. SCP are freezing payments and taking this matter to Fifa.
so dinamo must be the Romanian Benfica

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old October 28th, 2001, 19:33 Thread Starter
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I read taht somewhere, too. I wonder why dad is talking now.

About the game, I agree with you statement that we give balls away to easily. I still am waiting for Rui Bento to step up and the ball winner he should be. When that happens we are going to be strong in all phases. Maybe this kid Viana can help out.

"Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose, but how drunk you get."

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old October 28th, 2001, 23:59
International

Teams: Romania
Nicu's dad is like a mentor and agent to Marius. As for Dinamo, it doesn't surprise me that they have some scandals brewing, they and just like all the other big Romanian clubs will do anything for an extra 1 or 2 million dollars.

Tricolor pina la moarte!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old October 29th, 2001, 18:22
Rising Star

Yeah , Hugo Viana is the future.
the difference between him and Quaresma is he does not let the game get to him while Quaresma does or did!
and the thing i like most is that he plays in midfield not too defensive and not too offensive just the person we need to hold the ball and control the game!
thats one of the problems with the Pintos everytime they get the ball they have to do something spectacular and when they start they don't stop!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old October 29th, 2001, 22:46 Thread Starter
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Sporting haven't had a real midfield general since Duscher. Delfim was hurt all the time and the Bentos are exactly like you say. I like Paulo better, but he is not a quarterback.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2001, 07:06
Rising Star

I wonder how Delfim is doing?
I wonder had we never had to pay for Niculae that he would have been sold!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2001, 13:59
Carlos_ie

How did Babb play?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2001, 14:14 Thread Starter
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

He's solid. He never strikes me as spectacular, but he doesn't make many mistakes and is strong on the ball. That's all i really want in a center back. Anything else is icing on the cake. Our defense has been a lot more consistent with him in Cruz's place. We're still not the rock we need to be, but it's getting better.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in