LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2001, 18:18 Thread Starter
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan-Sporting CP-USA-Mexico
Braga vs Sporting - 2001/02 Portuguese League

0-0

Say, who's the Vidigal guy playing for Sporting? It isn't Jose Luis, so is it a brother? If so, when did we get him?

"Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose, but how drunk you get."

"There's no justice like mob justice."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2001, 18:51
Xtratime Legend

Teams: România, Viitorul Constanta
Sao Pinto looks good so far

Niculae is struggling, I think it's because of that head injury.

"Strength and honor"
MAXIMUS DECIMUS MERIDIUS
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2001, 19:34
mfa
Premier Player

Teams: F.C.PORTO / Gil Vicente F.C.
Braga-2 Sporting-1
not over yet

div

25-Ricardo Fernandes ...27/06/2003 12/07/2003 14/07/2003 ... ... ...FCP

Hey O'Neill, take a break will ya

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2001, 19:57
International

Well, now it's over.

2-1 for Braga...
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2001, 20:00
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Chile, USA, R Plate, CC, The "U" and Bucs
wazz up Sporting ?????

Heck...another defeat ???

Is Rodrigo Tello playing at all ??? Just curious......

Chairman of the BORED © !!!!!& MASTER BAITER ©

In all fairness...if Carson35 IS allowed to copy & paste here..So can I !!!!

Que la chupen., y la sigan chupando !!!!

National Champions. 83 87 89 91 and 2001

Xtratime is FULL of BULLIES, and not enough Indians.

Damos TODO por los Chilenos en el extranjero
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2001, 20:28 Thread Starter
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Tello rarely gets a game. He never has.

THe weak link of this club continues to be the defensive midfield. I thought Beto and particularly Babb did a great job of marking and moving people off the ball. But the number of lost balls and through balls allowed was ridiculous. The PK was mostly a result of Braga maing swiss cheese of the DM and Tiago just got to the ball late. At times, Rui Bento looked OK, but overall he's still playing poorly.

We don't need Jorge Vidigal. We need the other one back.

"Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose, but how drunk you get."

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2001, 21:12
cleek

But there were alot of unmarked man in the area box that hit there target by air, but the braga playas f *cked it up..so those were opss-a-daisy on the fullbacks , so don't give them a slap on the wrist , too ,
Dae..DAE!!

The whole team were like Bozo the clowns except Ha , SA!!

U guyz need a midfielder to many winger-type playas & of course..duh , DMs.

Jorgey didn't play that good , also

on the bright note to wipe off the tears..

Braga r Superman at home , so i'm sure there will be more big team WHAM!!..POW!! THERE!!

Dae..keep da faith , u got to keep da faith , u better keep da faith!
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2001, 21:58
SLB
Premier Player

I thought Braga played their usual home game and deservedly won, in fact I thought Sporting were lucky to only lose 2-1.

Btw Abiodun is the Mantorras of the North !!!!

Oh and if Rocha and Tiago were Boavista players they would be in the NT.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2001, 09:14
Rising Star

Lucky, we should have had a pk (fowl on Barbosa)
don't say tha't was minor as well , because Rui was sent off for something minor and if it was not for that we could have one the game.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2001, 12:30
SLB
Premier Player

Oh please Paulo how can you even say Braga were lucky?

Tthe PK on Barbosa was never a PK in fact he should've got a yellow for diving. If we're going to moan about the ref then barag had a perfectly clean goal dissalowed seeing as when ze roberto shot barreta was not intefering with play only in the second cycle did he touch the ball.

And as for you could have won the game if you had got the non existent PK, well I seriously suggest you rewatch the game or atleast look at the statistics to see who was the better team.

The sending off, I really cant see how you can say it was harsh just as I cant say it wasnt as neither of us know what rui Jorge said, even though if you ask me it was a blessing in disguise for you as the 20 mins after the sending off you played the best you did in the whole match.

One thing I would say about Sporting, is Jardel, he seems to do nothing yet he's the most dangerous bloke on the pitch!!!
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2001, 13:21
Dan
International

Yeah thats why Jardel is the MVP in the league!! Its like having 10 players in your team and Jardel. He can do absolutely nothing for the 60 minutes and just chuck a cross in the box and hey he buries it....he only needs 1 chance to score! And you give him 1 chance to score like Braga did then chances are you'll be punished. He's a Lion no defence in the world can tame

But deserved win for Braga...I agree SLB..that Aboidun player really impresssed me !! Shame he aint Portuguese Sporting's usual defensive lapses cost them....the fact most of their defence were on yellow cards didn't help them either ....but Rui Jorge's red was stupid behaviour...and why Beto got himself booked for protesting Babb's yellow card is something he needs to cut out and just shut his big gob!

Good game...but it was strange that Sporting only started playing well after Rui's red card ! But a deserved win for Braga ! If they can get their away form going they are definately top 6 material
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2001, 16:15 Thread Starter
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I agree, Dan, nothing is more annoying and infuriating than Beto running his big yap until he gets a card. It's stupid. If he wants to "lead" he could try a more productive tactic.

Braga deserves full credit. They played extrmely well. Our defense couldn't do anything about the give and gos they were putting together and our offense didn't do much of anything.

Barbosa was not fouled. He simply fell down in a pretty transparent dive.

What bothered me and may prove to be our downfall is how so many times runs are made from well outside the box and our defense (starting with the Bentos and ending with the backs) can't seem to stop it.

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2001, 02:06
cleek

Paulo , opa! stop being a whiney bedwetter & admit that SCP couldn't hang with Braga that day! NOW , NOW ,NOW ,NOW!!

SLB..I usually drive Benfiquistas to the boonies with a shovel in the trunk , but u..i wouldn't mind taking u to a nudely bar for a private table dance..on me , bro cuz u & me..me & u...like Braga!

& Adoidun is another diamond in the rough..me thinks is one of the 2 young Argentinians that Brage got over this summer.

Braga's D is better then last yr's with better depth on O..also , lateral play & their fullbacks r very young talented players & yet..still improving & great , rich in Dmidies with Tiago , Paulo , Casteihro..watever & pops Barroso.

Imagine a team w/ Ze roberto & bakery warming off the bench!
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2001, 16:00
Rising Star

I'm not even going to discuss wether Rui Jorge deserved de red card or not, cause I think players should just shut up and play, and, once you can't ear what they say, you just have to accept the referee's decision.

Anyway, what's starting to anoy me is the fact that since this season started, there have been more cards showed cause of what players say then for the faults they make... The referees seam to worry only with they're autority and ignore lots of dangerous faults that put the players' physical integrity in danger... After all, are they supose to protect the players or only their male autority?
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2001, 17:41
Star Player

I got one word.....ROBBED!!!!!

-I wanted to post early in the week but I have been busy at work! But what the F*ck!!! I seen the whole game and the refs were killings us not Braga! How many yellow cards did our players receive? Maybe 8 or 9 and I believe Braga had none they'd foul us and we'd get the call but the ref's would not show yellow to them!

Refs in Portugal suck ass!!! R. jorge talks a little junk to the ref and he gets red carded Jorge Costa almost yanks JVP's head off and doesn't???!!!! Where's the consistency?

Braga had the refs in their back pocket, we were robbed!!! The refs had no intention of seeing SCP win their intention was Braga all the way to upset!!!

Look at the fouls and yellows and tell me it wasn't one sided!!!!
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2001, 18:11
Rising Star

Alc, I agree with you 100%. Those refs were all for Braga so therefore I won't give Braga any credit.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2001, 18:37
Rising Star

Please SLB that dissalowed goal was never a goal ,at the time the shot was taken the player was offsides thus giving him the advantage of getting to the ball first!
PK was harsh (the guy used his hand if you look at it) = fowl.
RJ was sent off (the refs handled that strictly so they should have handled that penalty kick strictly as well).
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2001, 23:45
cleek

Porto got robbed against Beira Mar on Pena(PK ) & Costinha was redcarded(touched the ball) when JVP thought he was diving in his pool in the SCP-Porto derby!!

..& when Pinta Costa says , "parabem aos arbritos" u Lisbon peolple go looney on PC & call him an overgrown baby!

In the 2nd game of the season , Bruno Piaxo was the ref & atrocity was made with the whistle & the Braga fans through crap towards him(lost..too) so their turn to have the help from a ref , so SCP was that , it's just!

U guys r just crying wolf.

Just piont your pathatic fingers to your crappy play. If u r waiting for the refs to whistle better instead your play then SCP is not in the right business(it's part of the game , just live w/ it).
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old October 19th, 2001, 03:43
Star Player

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought them refs absolutely sucked ass! SCP might of not of played well but don't tell me Braga played better, no F*cking way! We actually started playing better when R. Jorge got sent off and we had 10 men!

After the RJ bullsh!t red card we immediately scored and were pressing the net for another even the announcer said the same thing! Then they give Braga a bullsh!t PK!

I'm not one to blame a loss on refs but that sh!t was blatant, I mean the refs weren't even hidding it! Again they had no yellows and we had about 8 or 9 and RJ got sent off!

One of the biggest bullsh!ts I've ever seen!
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old October 19th, 2001, 08:04
Rising Star

Cleek the difference is that a ref might blow 3 stupid errors against you , buy blows 10 for you.
so no matter what you still get the upper hand!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in