3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old September 29th, 2018, 13:37 Thread Starter
I miss Rui Patricio
Rookie

Teams: Sporting CP
SPORTING - Season 2018/19

SPORTING 2018-19

Wow, there's not been a season thread since Filipe Reis did it, but hey, someone has to.

So, as you all know the 2017-18 season was a trainwreck of massive proportions as a promising Sporting slowly but surely self-destructed. It all culminated with the attack at Alcochete which saw a star exodus and Bruno de Carvalho was voted out of power as Jorge Jesus left for Al-Hilal.

And this is what we're left with after José Peseiro was brought back in and Frederico Varandas won a close election, it was never going to be easy, it will be a trial of fire for Sporting this season. Can they recover or has the Lion stopped kicking?
Jeffrey likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.r.y View Post
HELLO EVERY ONE.
I WANNA SAY SOMETHING ABOUT RIVALDO:
And like that, a legend was born.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old September 29th, 2018, 13:38 Thread Starter
I miss Rui Patricio
Rookie

Not so quick rundown, Viviano got injured before Sporting vs Moreirense so Salin took his place as Sporting came from 1-0 down to win 3-1 with a Bas Dost brace and a Bruno Fernandes goal.

Nani shined brightest against Vitoria de Setúbal and scored a penalty against Benfica to give Sporting the lead as Salin was having the game of his life, however Benfica's equaliser was inevitable.

Sporting beat Feirense 1-0 with a late goal by Jovane Cabral before the international break. Sporting came back strongly with a 3-1 win against Marítimo in the League Cup and a 2-0 win against Qarabag in the Europa League. However the first moment of panic and cynicism came as Braga beat Sporting 1-0 in the Liga NOS, putting Sporting down to 5th as they got their first defeat of the season.

And that's where we stand, Sporting will take on Marítimo at 21:00 WEST, but this time for the league, Sporting need a win to atleast get 4th before Sporting goes to Ukraine to play Vorskla in the Europa League.
Jeffrey likes this.

Quote:
HELLO EVERY ONE.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old September 29th, 2018, 13:50 Thread Starter
I miss Rui Patricio
Rookie

Some recent news about Sporting vs Marítimo, Nani has not been called up for the match against Marítimo due to having a spat with Peseiro in an incident reminiscent of the time Peseiro subbed off Rochemback and he told Peseiro what he thought.

Quote:
HELLO EVERY ONE.

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old September 29th, 2018, 20:53 Thread Starter
I miss Rui Patricio
Rookie

SPORTING CP VS MARÍTIMO

2-0

Estádio José Alvalade,
29 September 2018, 21:00 WEST

(Bruno Fernandes 12' pen, Fredy Montero 35' - None)

Lineups:
SPORTING: Salin; Ristovski, Coates, André Pinto and Acuña; Petrovic, Gudelj and Bruno Fernandes; Jovane Cabral, Raphinha and Montero

MARÍTIMO: Amir; Bebeto, Zainadine, Marcão and Fábio China; Fabrício, Jean Cléber and Barrera; Correa, Edgar Costa and Danny

--------------------

Sporting won easily against Marítimo with a penalty as Rafinha was brought down and Bruno Fernandes converted, Fredy Montero doubled the lead after tapping it in following a scramble in the box.

Our next match is against Vorskla in the Europa League, let's do this.

Quote:
HELLO EVERY ONE.

Last edited by TheAmessz; September 29th, 2018 at 23:16.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2018, 10:56 Thread Starter
I miss Rui Patricio
Rookie

Sporting takes on Vorskla at 17:55 today, let’s get some more crucial 3 points, Nani is back in the team but Viviano and Bas Dost are still out to injury.

I hope that Viviano stays out really, we basically bought the new Roberto for €1.8 million.
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2018, 20:01 Thread Starter
I miss Rui Patricio
Rookie

VORSKLA POLTAVA VS SPORTING CP

1-2

Oleksiy Butovsky Vorskla Stadium,
4 October 2018, 17:55 WEST

(Vladyslav Kulach 10' - Fredy Montero 90', Jovanne Cabral 90+3')

Lineups:
VORSKLA: Bogdan Shust; Artur, Volodymyr Chesnakov, Ardin Daliku and Igor Perduta; Vyacheslav Sharpar and Aleksandr Sklyar; Pavlo Rebenok, Dmytro Kravchenko, Vladyslav Kulach and Yuri Kolomoets

SPORTING: Salin; Bruno Gaspar, Coates, André Pinto and Jefferson; Petrovic; Nani, Bruno Fernandes, Acuña, Carlos Mané and Diaby

--------------------

Sporting looked like they had lost the theoretical easiest match of the group stage as Vorskla had braved through the 7 degree celcius weather to put one past Salin. Sporting played horribly as Vorskla seemed to just cut out anything that we tried to string together, but late on the magic finally happened as Montero scored after cutting in, and then Jovanne Cabral stole the headlines with a goal with only 2 minutes left on the clock, it wasn't our best showing for 89 minutes but all we needed was 3 minutes out of 95.

Quote:
HELLO EVERY ONE.
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old October 7th, 2018, 22:37 Thread Starter
I miss Rui Patricio
Rookie

PORTIMOENSE VS SPORTING CP

4-2

Estádio Municipal de Portimão,
7 October 2018, 20:00 WEST

(Manafá 30', Nakajima 44', 82', João Carlos 90+3' - Fredy Montero 63', Coates 88')

Lineups:
PORTIMOENSE: Navacchio; Manafá, Ruben Fernandes, Lucas and Tormena; Paulinho, Pedro Sá and Lucas Fernandes; Shoya Nakajima, Tabata, Jackson Martínez

SPORTING: Salin; Stefan Ristovski, Coates, André Pinto and Acuña; Nemanja Gudelj and Battaglia; Raphinha, Bruno Fernandes, Jovane Cabral and Fredy Montero

--------------------

There's nothing to say, we are back to the crisis. The only thing that deserves to be talked about here is Salin, he had a nasty collision with the post and had Coates prevent him from swallowing his tongue, but he recovered quickly in the hospital.

Quote:
HELLO EVERY ONE.

Last edited by TheAmessz; October 21st, 2018 at 18:50.
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old October 21st, 2018, 18:59 Thread Starter
I miss Rui Patricio
Rookie

LOURES VS SPORTING CP

1-2

Complexo Desportivo FC Alverca,
20 October 2018, 20:45 WEST

(Juninho 90+1' - Bruno Fernandes 42', Nani 56')

Lineups:
LOURES: Miguel Soares; Filipe Gaspar, Fábio Marinheiro, Djamil Rodrigues and Qui; Luís Elói, Bruny, Leo Tomé and Gonçalo Silva; Rodrigo Thompson and Miguel Oliveira

SPORTING: Renan; Bruno Gaspar, Marcelo, André Pinto and Jefferson; Gudelj, Bruno Fernandes; Jovane Cabral, Nani and Carlos Mané; Castaignos

--------------------
Sporting were uninspiring against Loures, with plenty of missed chances from either side, including a penalty from Bruno Fernandes that got saved by Miguel Soares, who had gotten a hand to his 42nd minute goal. Sporting are through, but they were very underwhelming.

Sporting takes on Arsenal next in the Europa League at Alvalade, both teams are looking forward to taking 1st place in the group, and this match and the away match will decide that.
Jeffrey likes this.

Quote:
HELLO EVERY ONE.
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old October 24th, 2018, 18:53
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old October 26th, 2018, 13:00 Thread Starter
I miss Rui Patricio
Rookie

SPORTING CP VS ARSENAL

0-1

Estádio José Alvalade,
25 October 2018, 17:55 WEST

(None - Welbeck 77')

Lineups:
SPORTING: Renan Ribeiro; Ristovski, Coates, André Pinto and Acuña; Battaglia, Petrovic and Gudelj; Nani, Bruno Fernandes and Montero.

ARSENAL: Leno; Lichtsteiner, Sokratis, Holding and Xhaka; Elneny, Guendouzi and Ramsey; Mkhitaryan, Aubameyang and Welbeck

--------------------
A bad second half, bad refereeing and bad football doomed a hard-working (for 60 minutes that is) Sporting to their 3rd defeat in all competitions as the run of dire results continues, Sporting this match were the epitome of everything that happened at the end of the last season until now, we are not the same Sporting that we were at the start of 2018, our heart and soul has been ripped from us to the point that we played like Benfica with the diving and timewasting, we didn't even get a shot on target. Much like in the Atletico Madrid 2-0 defeat, they got a goal from a Coates defensive mistake, it's just always him isn't it?

Honestly who even knows what's gonna happen next, it's the same old story for Sporting but it feels new, i just want this season to be over to be quite honest.

Quote:
HELLO EVERY ONE.
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old October 29th, 2018, 13:14 Thread Starter
I miss Rui Patricio
Rookie

SPORTING CP VS BOAVISTA

3-0

Estádio José Alvalade,
29 October 2018, 17:55 WEST

(Nani 31', 66', Bruno Fernandes 64'- None)

Lineups:
SPORTING: Renan; Bruno Gaspar, Coates, Mathieu and Acuña; Battaglia, Gudelj and Bruno Fernandes; Nani, Montero and Diaby

BOAVISTA: Leite; Borges, Neris, Cardoso and Talocha; Idris and Simão; Rafael Lopes, Fábio Espinho and Rochinha; Mateus

--------------------
Finally, a good performance! The match was very lively with both chances, Boavista even having a shot that hit the post, but Nani eventually put us in front with a header which the goalkeeper got a hand to it but unfortunately for him it hit the post and went in.

The win was sealed with 2 goals in 2 minutes from Bruno Fernandes and Nani, giving us our biggest win of the season and our 4th clean sheet of the season, putting us 2 points behind the league leaders but yet still in 5th.

And of course, Bas Dost returned to the field after 2 months out injured and got an almighty reception from the near-packed stadium, and the team, already 3 goals up, desperately tried to get Bas Dost the emotional goal he deserved, but despite an off-target header he just couldn't get the goal. Oh well, he'll be back against Estoril this Wednesday.

Quote:
HELLO EVERY ONE.
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2018, 22:15 Thread Starter
I miss Rui Patricio
Rookie

SPORTING CP VS ESTORIL

1-2

Estádio José Alvalade,
31 October 2018, 21:15 WEST

(Wendel 9'- Lima 71', André Pinto (o.g) 82' )

Lineups:
SPORTING: Salin, Bruno Gaspar, Marcelo, André Pinto and Jefferson; Petrovic, Wendel and Gudelj; Diaby, Carlos Mané and Bas Dost

ESTORIL: Thierry; Filipe, Diakhité, João Pedro and Vigário; Matheus, Gonçalo, Ayltan and Marcos António; Sandro Lima and Dadashov

--------------------
In an underwhelming night, Sporting's Taça da Liga hopes took a battering after a late collapse was capped off by an own goal. Sporting actually started the first half well, Wendel scored early after Bas Dost stole the ball for him, and when it looked likely that Sporting might get their second the steam had run out as in the second half Estoril took charge, and after much knocking on the door they finally equalised after Sandro Lima sent André Pinto down to the floor as he outskilled him and put it past Salin, and it wouldn't end there for André Pinto as he headed it into his own goal in the 82nd minute. Thierry's double save near the end meant that Sporting would not get the vital equaliser, losing the match.

Sporting now need to beat Feirense by 2 goals and hope that eliminated Marítimo do us a favour by beating or drawing against Estoril, who could leapfrog us if we fail to win, the tides are up against us as we look to have the worst title defence since Vitória de Setúbal got last place in their group, having won the year before.

José Peseiro was fired after much protesting and doubts about his ability from Sportinguistas, this had been the straw that broke the camel's back after a L-W-L-W-L pattern since the loss to Portimoense, now Sporting will try to find a manager as Tiago Fernandes takes over as a caretaker.
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old November 5th, 2018, 10:51 Thread Starter
I miss Rui Patricio
Rookie

SANTA CLARA VS SPORTING

1-2

Estádio de São Miguel,
4 November 2018, 17:30 WEST

(Zé Manuel 32' - Bas Dost (pen.) 62', Acuña 75')

Lineups:
SPORTING: Renan; Bruno Gaspar, Coates, Mathieu and Lumor; Battaglia and Acuña; Nani, Bruno Fernandes and Diaby; Bas Dost.

SANTA CLARA: Marco; Patrick, César, Fábio Cardoso and Mamadu; Rashid, Anderson Carvalho, Pineda and Bruno Lamas; Stephens and Zé Manuel

--------------------
November started off with a hard fought win lead by interim manager Tiago Fernandes against Santa Clara in a very controversial and feisty match as there were 18 fouls in total from both teams. Following a back-and-forth between Mamadu and Nani, Battaglia was injured and eventually lead to Zé Manuel's goal as he was not marked, leaving him to do as he pleased to put the home side ahead.

Sporting would go on to dominate the second half however as Santa Clara went defensive to try to secure the win, however after many protests about Bas Dost being brought down in the box, Bas Dost went on to equalise the match, even having to re-take the penalty as the referee did not blow the whistle. Acuña gave us the winning goal in the 75th minute, heading in a cross from Jovane Cabral as Sporting had done the best they could do against 10 men.

And after holding on to dear life for the next 15 minutes, Sporting won 2-1 and put themselves only 2 points behind the leaders. Porto and Braga will face eachother next so that will be very decisive, but for now we will take on Arsenal this Thursday with our new manager, hopefully we could play as well as we did here.

Quote:
HELLO EVERY ONE.

Last edited by TheAmessz; January 30th, 2019 at 18:48.
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old November 10th, 2018, 11:38 Thread Starter
I miss Rui Patricio
Rookie

ARSENAL VS SPORTING CP

0-0

Emirates Stadium,
8 November 2018, 20:00 WEST

(None)

Lineups:
ARSENAL: Cech, Jenkinson, Holding, Sokratis and Lichtsteiner; Ramsey, Guendouzi and Mkhitaryan; Rowe, Iwobi and Welbeck

SPORTING: Renan, Bruno Gaspar, Coates, Mathieu and Acuña; Miguel Luís, Gudelj and Bruno Fernandes; Nani, Diaby and Montero
--------------------
Tiago Fernandes capped off his last match with a surprising but dull 0-0 draw as Arsenal are through and Sporting are only a draw away from making it to the Round of 32. As expected, Arsenal had the better chances but they were just not able to get the goal. Danny Welbeck got injured and Acuna got a yellow card, meaning that he would miss Sporting's next Europa League match against Qarabag, Mathieu also sacrificed himself, taking one for the team by getting red carded after fouling Aubameyang following a misguided pass back, just like in Madrid.

It felt like a win for Sporting, who expected to get comfortably beat, but now we've got Marcel Keizer until 2021, so hopefully we don't regret not sticking with Tiago Fernandes, which, in just half a week, got Sporting playing great football.

Quote:
HELLO EVERY ONE.

Last edited by TheAmessz; November 10th, 2018 at 13:04.
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2018, 10:19 Thread Starter
I miss Rui Patricio
Rookie

SPORTING CP VS CHAVES

2-1

Estádio José Alvalade,
11 November 2018, 20:00 WEST

(Bas Dost 36', (pen) 86' - Niltinho 81')

Lineups:
SPORTING: Renan; Bruno Gaspar, Coates, Mathieu, and Acuña; Gudelj, Miguel Luís and Bruno Fernandes; Nani, Jovane Cabral and Bas Dost

CHAVES: Ricardo; Paulinho, Maras, Marcão a Luís Martins; Eustáquio, Bruno Gallo and Bressan; Avto, Perdigão and André Luís
--------------------
Armistice Day had certainly been an interesting day for Sporting, Bruno de Carvalho and the Juve Leo leader, Mustafa, had been detained for their involvement in the attack on Alcochete back in May, Keizer had arrived to Lisbon to be presented as Sporting's manager, however it would be Tiago Fernandes' farewell match after a successful spell as caretaker manager.

The match was very calm before and since Bas Dost's opener in the 36th minute, however things started picking up steam after Bruno Gallo's red card in the 71st minute, 10 minutes later Chaves equalised with an absolute rocket into the top-left corner of the net, nothing that Renan could do.

Sporting pushed on for the winning goal and it came from a Bas Dost penalty after he was pulled down in the box during a corner, Sporting are now 2nd by a point ahead of Braga and 2 behind Porto, can Marcel Keizer hold on to it at least?

Quote:
HELLO EVERY ONE.
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2018, 21:50 Thread Starter
I miss Rui Patricio
Rookie

MARCEL KEIZER'S BIG DEBUT
I decided to take the first 3 matches and compile them into one post as Keizer would get his first match in both the League, Cup and Europa League, scepticism was high, and why wouldn't it? He never did great at any club and somehow got here, but what Keizer had at store was a surprise, so here it is:

LUSITANO FC 1-4 SPORTING CP
Estádio do Fontelo,
24 November 2018, 15:00 WEST

(Diogo Braz 44' - Bas Dost 42', 71', Bruno Fernandes 64', Diaby 72')

Honestly at half time it looked like the same, we were trying 1-1 with weak opposition, however Sporting kicked it up a notch in the second half as Bruno Fernandes, Diaby and Bas Dost added to the tally, ensuring our safe passage to the next round.

QARABAG 1-6 SPORTING CP
Baku Olympic Stadium,
29 November 2018, 17:55 WEST

(Zoubir 14' - Bas Dost 5' (pen), Bruno Fernandes 20', 75', Nani 33' , Diaby 65', 81')

Finally, we got the game we were waiting for, even if we were 1-1 like last time, we kicked it up yet another notch and put 6 past Qarabag, which we were only able to beat 2-0 last time, Nani and Bruno Fernandes both had cracking goals but Diaby scored for a second consecutive match and not only that, he got a brace, Keizer got the players to reject whatever the opposition throws at them and we finally played above the "Ok, you get a goal and then we park the bus" mentality we had for quite a long time.

RIO AVE 1-3 SPORTING CP
Estádio dos Arcos,
3 December 2018, 20:30 WEST

(Schmidt 12' - Bruno Fernandes 8', Bas Dost 23', Jovane Cabral 72')

You already know the story, 1-1, kicking it up another notch, win the game, but atleast that shows that we got the ability to fight back, and obviously how could i forget to mention Jovane Cabral's goal, that was just sheer brilliance to seal the win.

So, conclusion? Keizer's got us hoping again, and then again he got 13 goals in only 3 games and everything seems rosy, only problem is getting to 1-1, obviously if we can keep kicking it up another gear and winning the match that's no problem, but if we go up against a team that can defend a 1-1, we've got problems.

Keizer will have his first home match against Aves, there he'll be hearing the noise of Alvalade as he continues his impossible job of making Sporting champions, not that it will happen for multiple reasons but 2nd will do.

Quote:
HELLO EVERY ONE.
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old December 9th, 2018, 22:37 Thread Starter
I miss Rui Patricio
Rookie

SPORTING CP VS CD AVES

4-1

Estádio José Alvalade,
9 December 2018, 20:00 WEST

(Bas Dost 40' (pen), 48', Nani 45+1', Diaby 59' - Defendi 17')

Lineups:
SPORTING: Renan; Bruno Gaspar, Coates, Mathieu and Acuña; Gudelj, Wendel and Bruno Fernandes; Nani, Diaby and Bas Dost

AVES: André Ferreira; Rodrigo, Ponck, Defendi and Vítor Costa; El Adoua, Vítor Gomes and Hamdou; Rúben Oliveira, Amilton and Nildo Petrolina

--------------------

Sporting walked away with all 3 points despite being 1-0 down in a feisty late night at Alvalade, Marcel Keizer's lions did not look impressive as even Aves were dominating the game, scoring one and missing an open goal following a badly timed pass by Coates. Sporting were able to come back from 1-0 down to lead 2-1 following a wonderful hit by Nani right before half time, and in the second half Sporting didn't stop either, with Bas Dost getting a brace and Diaby hitting a 4th for Sporting being enough to see Sporting maintain 2nd despite a bad showing for the first 30 minutes.

Sporting will take on Vorskla in the Europa League on Thursday, we are already through with a match to spare, so Keizer will most likely rest the big players before the match against Nacional da Madeira.

Quote:
HELLO EVERY ONE.
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old December 18th, 2018, 11:46 Thread Starter
I miss Rui Patricio
Rookie

SPORTING CP VS NACIONAL DA MADEIRA

5-2

Estádio José Alvalade,
16 December 2018, 20:00 WEST

(Bas Dost 35' (pen), 87' (pen), Bruno Fernandes 70', 90+1', Mathieu 75' - João Camacho 6', Aleksandar Palocevic 26')

Lineups:
SPORTING: Renan; Bruno Gaspar, Coates, Mathieu and Jefferson; Gudelj, Bruno César and Bruno Fernandes; Diaby, Nani and Bas Dost

NACIONAL: Daniel Guimarães; Kalindi, Felipe Lopes, Julio Cesar and Nuno Campos; João Camacho, Jota, Aleksandar Palocevic and Witi; Vítor Goncalves and Bryan Rochez

--------------------

At last, Sporting have shown some fighting spirit when faced with adversity for the first time in a long time, things did not start well when Nacional da Madeira took a 2 goal lead following a strike from outside the box and a close head header in which Mathieu and Renan could've done better, this had been the first time Keizer's men had been that far back, Bas Dost later had a disallowed goal which is still dubious but that wasn't all as Bas Dost got a goal back before half time via a penalty kick.

In the second half, Sporting would have another dubious decision as Diaby was bodyslammed in the box, temporarily knocking him unconscious, the referee, after checking VAR, said that it was perfectly fine. The equaliser would finally come after a Bas Dost shot was fumbled, Bruno Fernandes was there to tap it in. Mathieu would redeem himself with a wonderful free kick that launched Sporting back in the lead and back to 2nd place, and then the goals flowed freely as Bas Dost scored another penalty and Bruno Fernandes got another one after hitting the rebound, Sporting had not only been 2-0 down, not only had they turned around but they made it look easy.

Sporting also drew Villarreal in the Europa League Round of 32, how about an Iberian battle on Valentines Day huh? Sporting will also play Rio Ave in the Round of 16 of the Taça de Portugal as we look to avenge the

--------------------
I missed out on reporting the Vorskla match because i was busy at the time, however i did get to watch the match and it was a great exhibition by our youth, every substitution we did was the debut of a youth team player, one of them was Correia, part of the U19 team that won the Euro, Miguel Luis scored his first goal for Sporting and Fredy Montero was sidelined for a month, but atleast he got to score the opening goal, it was Keizer's smallest win, yes, a 3-0 win was his smallest win so far, but atleast we got the clean sheet.

Quote:
HELLO EVERY ONE.
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old December 21st, 2018, 09:49 Thread Starter
I miss Rui Patricio
Rookie

SPORTING CP VS RIO AVE

5-2

Estádio José Alvalade,
19 December 2018, 19:30 WEST
Taça de Portugal

(Diaby 4', 77', Bas Dost 32', 61', Bruno Fernandes 45' - Bruno Gaspar 45+1 (o.g.), Carlos Vinícius (pen.) 85')

Lineups:
SPORTING: Renan; Bruno Gaspar, Coates, Mathieu and Acuña; Gudelj, Bruno Fernandes and Miguel Luís; Jovane Cabral, Diaby and Bas Dost

RIO AVE: Leonardo Jardim; Nadjack, Nelson Monte, Buatu and Matheus Reis; Jambor and Schmidt; Fábio Coentrão, Diego Lopes and Galeno; Gelson Dala.

--------------------

Another match at Alvalade, another 5-2 win, Sporting has reached 30 goals in 7 games since Keizer took charge, the first goal came from Diaby in just 3 minutes after a pass from Acuña, the second came after the 30 minute mark as Coates' header hit the post and was perfectly positioned for Bas Dost to get his first of the game, Bruno Fernandes made it 3-0 from a great strike, Bruno Gaspar would be the next to score, only problem was it was in his own goal after incredibly bad luck saw his interception hit the bar, the post and went in.

However the goals didn't stop there as Bas Dost got his brace following a team goal, 17 passes in the build up to getting it to Bas Dost which headed it past the goalkeeper, finally the 5th goal came from Diaby which went in despite the goalkeeper getting a touch, Rio Ave got a goal

Only 2 more matches left of 2018, a league match against Vitoria de Guimaraes and a do or die match against Feirense, we will need a win by 2 goals or more to see us through.

Quote:
HELLO EVERY ONE.
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old December 26th, 2018, 21:30 Thread Starter
I miss Rui Patricio
Rookie

VITORIA DE GUIMARÃES VS SPORTING CP

1-0

Emirates Stadium,
23 December 2018, 20:00 WEST

(Tozé 26' - None)

Lineups:
V. GUIMARÃES: Douglas, Dodô, Ororio, Pedro Henrique and Rafa; Wakaso, André André and Pedro Rodrigues; Davidson, Tozé and Alexandre Guedes

SPORTING: Renan, Bruno Gaspar, André Pinto, Mathieu and Acuña; Gudelj, Miguel Luís and Bruno Fernandes; Jovane Cabral, Diaby and Bas Dost
--------------------
Sporting's Christmas was ruined after a mediocre loss, Keizer's first, which was only reduced due to Renan's heroics even if he almost became the villain but had a red card nullified thanks to VAR. Following the loss Sporting went down to 3rd and have a 5 point gap on leaders Porto, if we don't beat them on the 12th of January, that's it.

Sportinguistas were not allowed on the stadium until the 30th minute of the game, Vitoria de Guimarães took the lead in the 26th minute with a Mathieu deflection, eventually as Sporting couldn't grow back into the game that goal would be enough to end Keizer's honeymoon which saw Sporting score 30 goals in 7, now all we have to do is prevent a complete breakdown. Sporting has always conceded a goal since Keizer took charge and we seem to struggle away from home in the league, it was always gonna be hard against Vitoria de Guimarães as they are a very well composed team but it was still a bucket of ice to us as Keizer had made us so confident.

Sporting plays against Feirense in the Taça da Liga, following our 2-1 loss with Estoril we now need to win by 2 goals to go through, this is Keizer's biggest test so far.

Quote:
HELLO EVERY ONE.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in