Sporting 3 - Farense 1 - 2001/02 PL.........Hmmmm....Maybe we're on to something! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2001, 21:09 Thread Starter
Star Player

What's the Name of that Dude that Scores all the Goals?.....

Is it?

JARDEL

For 90 minutes against Farense it wasn't pretty but after that We dominated

Also Sa and Niculae worked hard out there!

Viva O Sporting!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2001, 21:16
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan-Sporting CP-USA-Mexico
Sporting 3 - Farense 1 - 2001/02 PL.........Hmmmm....Maybe we're on to something!

It appears Jardel is finally in decent shape and hitting decent form. He is still the same static playing as before (nothing but goals from headers) but he sure is good at it. If he hits his true form and Niculae continues to play good support, then Sporting could get awfully tough.

I also like the back three of Babb, Quiroga and Beto. OTher than one breakdown that lead to a goal, they were very tight. And the Bentos played decent midfield for once.

Sa is very impressive running the wing. I think that is perfect for him. As a forward he's useless, but as a right sided mid he is very useful.

Nice work, Sporting.

"Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose, but how drunk you get."

"There's no justice like mob justice."
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2001, 21:17
Rising Star

I was watching the progress of the game from about half time on, until 87 minutes when I was called away. I come back 8 minutes later and he has scored a hattrick! Thanks Jardel! and a not great draw with 7 yellow cards turns into a lovely win (still with 7 yellows though)

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2001, 21:33
mfa
Premier Player

Teams: F.C.PORTO / Gil Vicente F.C.
Re: What's the Name of that Dude that Scores all the Goals?.....

Quote:
Originally posted by ALCATRAZ
What's the Name of that Dude that Scores all the Goals?.....
Oh I see,you mean..the dude who had to relearn how to score,by being the one charged of scoring the penalties...

div

25-Ricardo Fernandes ...27/06/2003 12/07/2003 14/07/2003 ... ... ...FCP

Hey O'Neill, take a break will ya
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2001, 22:50
Rookie

2 Goals in the last 3 minutes

Uff,

what a match.
Unfortunaly i don' t habe the possibility to watch sporting mathes live, just see them in the net tickers from the portuguese newspapers, but finally our sporting got the first 3 points away.
Jardel with 6 goals in 4 matches.
Great!!

Ta há portugueses neste "forum"?

Viva o Sporting!!!!
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2001, 23:39
Rising Star

Hi Zinho
Welcome, another sportinguista
There are some portugueses, though often from the usa.

see you around
(I think I've been to Oberhausen!)

Muriel
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2001, 01:06
cleek

SCP didn't play good in the 1st , but in the 2nd they turned around & made good , thanx to Jardel & no-thanx to Joao P for his pe torto!

Sa is playing well & their d played good , also.

Niculae got that Penalty for Jardel & they seem to play good w/ 1 another...

Dae , who cares how boring , same thingies..that Jardel scores , a goal is a goal...wat if he scored with his cu would u be awing & say that he finally has another repertoire to score...well i would!
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2001, 01:13
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Obviously, a goal is a goal. :rollani: My point is if you have a player who can only score one way and doesn't do anything else, then he can become a major liability. If Jardel is scoring headers, then there's nobody like him. However, if he's off on his heading game, then he's totally useless. Until this match, he's been pretty much dead weight. Now, he's in shape and ready to play. Now he's invaluable.

"Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose, but how drunk you get."

post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2001, 02:29 Thread Starter
Star Player

Re: Re: What's the Name of that Dude that Scores all the Goals?.....

Quote:
Originally posted by mfa

Oh I see,you mean..the dude who had to relearn how to score,by being the one charged of scoring the penalties...
NO!

...I mean the dude who scored the game winner then the insurance goal that dude You know the dude with the hattrick, the dude who has scored 5 goals in his last 3 games!

Last edited by ALCATRAZ; September 24th, 2001 at 02:31.
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2001, 13:24
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

What I like is Jardel finally scored a real goal from the field of play, not just a PK. It shows he's sarting to fit in and hit good form. At first, I must admit I did not like this move. I didn't think Niculae could play the support forward role. But he can and damn well, too. With JVP playing as a playmaker and Jardel as the pure finisher, our offensive options have tripled. We are suddenly dangerous again.

post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2001, 14:57
mfa
Premier Player

Teams: F.C.PORTO / Gil Vicente F.C.
Re: Re: Re: What's the Name of that Dude that Scores all the Goals?.....

Quote:
Originally posted by ALCATRAZ

NO!

...I mean the dude who scored the game winner then the insurance goal that dude You know the dude with the hattrick, the dude who has scored 5 goals in his last 3 games!

Ok,I see we are probably talking about the same guy....just different views.....we must be referring to that guy who scored 3 goals by penalty out of 5.......I mean,the one who had every of his goals until the 90 minute of last night's game scored by penalty....seems he is getting on the track again,though...can I say it already?

div

25-Ricardo Fernandes ...27/06/2003 12/07/2003 14/07/2003 ... ... ...FCP

Hey O'Neill, take a break will ya
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2001, 15:41 Thread Starter
Star Player

You can say whatever you like but a goal is a goal is a goal

What's great about this is if the defense is all over Jardel then Niculae bags a couple of goals and if Niculae is being blanketed then Jardel bangs a couple!

-Like yesterday I wouldn't exactly say SCP played very well or looked that good but all you need is Jardel in the box. He can be quiet like a snake but as soon as he sees his opportunity BANG he kills it and just like that he quietly has 3 goals and we win 3-1!

Your never out of a game with a duo like Jardel and Niculae! Now the team must start moving the ball better and using the flanks properly cuz sh!t the other team can defend 15 crosses coming into the area but it's those 3 that just slip by and Niculae or Jardel bang in that we need!
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2001, 15:50 Thread Starter
Star Player

BTW- Yesterday Quiroga played right back against Farense so I guess old Alc ain't going crazy after all!

I remember PedroCat telling me I was crazy for suggesting it!

it was:

Quiroga--Beto--Babb--R. Jorge....Yesterday!
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2001, 15:59
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Really? I thought we played a three center back set and Rui Jorge played a midfield spot.

post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2001, 16:38 Thread Starter
Star Player

P. Bento and R. Bento were the Trincos or def. mids and Quiroga and Jorge played the backs with Babb and Beto as Central defenders!

I wish Vidigal was back! I know he is still in Portugal rehabbing with Sporting but if he's healthy we should keep him! Our Midfield still needs some help and Vidigal was solid as a rock!
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2001, 18:51
cleek

Aky your right , but i still don't like ya

Those 2 r like the 2 "headed monster" , cliche..

Luiz Philipe is like Capucho , he's 1 of the best technicians in the game...i'm upset he's not playing regularly for SCP...but your team is great & the crossing crap well when u have a gay walker(slow & something is banging him in the *ss , also) & a boa mamma player like Jardel it will stall the O alot , but the best things for that strategy that Niculae will bang them in also like Jardel cuz he's a great header , too...so?
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2001, 20:47
Rookie

good win yesturday but i hate to tell u sporting as scored what 8 goals and they were all from jardel and nicolie, there playin good but the rest of the offense isnt
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2001, 20:53
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Not necessarily so. The rest of the offense is supposed to create opportunities for goals. It's the forwards' job to finish them. I think we are doing OK, especially since we;ve scored 6 in the last two matches.

But, I get your point. It would be nice if somebody like JVP scored every once in a while.

post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2001, 20:55 Thread Starter
Star Player

That's what I said! I wasn't impressed with the way the team as a whole played yesterday and hopefully it will come together! I like Filipe and Quaresma off of the bench!

...Btw I usually not one to meddle in others teams, you can ask anyone here, but to be completely honest the Mantorras goal yesterday was offsides! I seen the game on KBS Sports but I was flickin' back and forth to the Pats/Jets games and Simao was not offsides but when you looked at Mantorras he was offsides! Clearly!

Now if Simao shot directly at the net no problem no offsides but he passed to Mantorras who was offsides and I seen the replay a couple of times, you can clearly see him behind everyone, even when he gets his foot on the ball! Regardless it was a great feed and finished beautifully by Mantorras!

-and how bout yesterday JVP getting called offisides 3X's?!!!! Not one of those where offsides it seemed if he got the ball on the left side of the field they'd call him offsides automatically!

Last edited by ALCATRAZ; September 24th, 2001 at 20:59.
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2001, 20:59
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I agree. The refs seem to do an incredibly bad job of calling off/on sides. It's really bad.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in