Horvath, Mpenza & Spehar - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2001, 11:25 Thread Starter
Rookie

Horvath, Mpenza & Spehar

Could anyone give some statistics and info about the trio, which probably will join Gala in an exchange with Jardel? In which positions do they play, what are their strengths?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2001, 12:03
Star Player

Statistics try to find out in the club's site. Here is my brief opinion of them:

Pavel Horváth: Consistent midfielder that rarely loses a ball. Prefers to play in the centre falling to the left. Left footed player, has great passing and likes to do impredictible things with the ball. Fast and nice dribbler. He is not an attacking or a defensive midfielder - he is just a Midfielder... It's one of the players I like most in Sporting, excellent worker all match.

Mbo Mpenza: Together with former Sporting's left-winger De Francheschi one of the players who helped a lot Sporting winning the Championship and then was benched. Despite playing +- well in the centre, helping the striker (like he did with Acosta sometimes), his true position seems to be the Right-Winger one. Don't ask him to defend. He is a player for attack, top speed and not a great dribbler. Basically, the strengthes are Pace, Strength ( he is physically strong, but hasn't got much stamina for 90 mins ) and Crossing. Also shoots strongly. Useful player at any squad, I think.

Robert Spehar: ("Striker") Strong, slow, heavy. Spent these seasons at Sporting with long term injuries and bench. His luck in Monaco and Verona wasn't better. There isn't much more to say...
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2001, 12:09
Star Player

of course De Francheschi was not even benched because he was returned to Venezia

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2001, 18:33
International

Teams: gAlAtAsArAy
Shepar, Horvath, Mpenza

Who could tell me anything about these players? We got no frickin idea about them. I am almost sure they are not worth anything for what we target- success in CL. But we were so desperate to sell him since we have debts over 100 million and we cant een afford to pay our other player, forget Jardel...

But if they can add some depth to the bench at least, I wouldnt mind.

I dont agree that u made a bad choice with buying Jardel. After all, he is one of the best strikers around. But he may ruin the chemistry in the team since he gets paid a lot (3.2 million )) and he has a big head...he is too capricious...
i cant believge he has gone for so cheap..
so please be honest and tell me smt about these 3 players..positions..what type of play do they like...who is the best..

Plagued By Xtratimelitis

One life, live it. Support GaLaTaSaRaY
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2001, 18:52
Star Player

this is what I wrote yesterday for a similar topic...

Quote:
Originally posted by LuisPedroCat
Statistics try to find out in the club's site. Here is my brief opinion of them:

Pavel Horváth: Consistent midfielder that rarely loses a ball. Prefers to play in the centre falling to the left. Left footed player, has great passing and likes to do impredictible things with the ball. Fast and nice dribbler. He is not an attacking or a defensive midfielder - he is just a Midfielder... It's one of the players I like most in Sporting, excellent worker all match.

Mbo Mpenza: Together with former Sporting's left-winger De Francheschi one of the players who helped a lot Sporting winning the Championship and then was benched. Despite playing +- well in the centre, helping the striker (like he did with Acosta sometimes), his true position seems to be the Right-Winger one. Don't ask him to defend. He is a player for attack, top speed and not a great dribbler. Basically, the strengthes are Pace, Strength ( he is physically strong, but hasn't got much stamina for 90 mins ) and Crossing. Also shoots strongly. Useful player at any squad, I think.

Robert Spehar: ("Striker") Strong, slow, heavy. Spent these seasons at Sporting with long term injuries and bench. His luck in Monaco and Verona wasn't better. There isn't much more to say...
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2001, 19:06
Star Player

Carlito, Check out the Gala forum I posted some stuff about them there! To be honest Horvath is the best out of the 3 and Mpenza would be a great boost off of any bench, Spehar is probably the worst one out of the 3 although in in part time duty last year he did score almost everytime he came in the game!

The only possible starter is probably Horvath who is solid and has a strong kick and always active around the ball making good things happen!

Maybe we can meet over on Commonwealth Ave near Boston University someday and have a beer and shoot the sh!t about these new players!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2001, 19:13
Star Player

Career history:

Pavel Horváth:

00/01 Sporting (Portugal) 24 matches/1 goal
99/00 Slávia de Praga (República Checa)
98/99 Slávia de Praga (República Checa)
97/98 Slávia de Praga (República Checa)
96/97 Slávia de Praga (República Checa)
95/96 FK Jablonec (República Checa)
94/95 FK Jablonec (República Checa)
93/94 FK Jablonec (República Checa)
92/93 Sparta de Praga (República Checa)

-------------------------------

Mbo Mpenza:

00/01 Sporting (29/1)
99/00 Standard Liége/Sporting (17m/3g)
98/99 Standard Liége (Bélgica)
97/98 Excelsior Mouscron (Bélgica)
96/97 Excelsior Mouscron (Bélgica)
95/96 KV Kortrijk (Bélgica)
94/95 KV Kortrijk (Bélgica)
93/94 KV Kortrijk (Bélgica)
92/93 KV Kortrijk (Bélgica)
91/92 KV Kortrijk (Bélgica)
90/91 KV Kortrijk (Bélgica)
89/90 KV Kortrijk (Bélgica)
88/89 LC Mesvin (Bélgica)
87/88 LC Mesvin (Bélgica)
86/87 LC Mesvin (Bélgica)

Remember that when in S.Liège he was Lázio player, like his brother Emile.

-------------------------

Robert Spehar:
00/01 Sporting (11/7, almost cup matches)
99/00 FC Verona (loaned from Mónaco)/Sporting (1 match played)
98/99 FC Mónaco (França)
97/98 FC Bruges (Bélgica)
96/97 FC Brugge (Bélgica, best goalscorer with 26 goals)
95/96 FC Zagreb (Croácia)
94/95 FC Osijek (Croácia, best goalscorer with 24)
93/94 FC Osijek (Croácia)
92/93 FC Osijek (Croácia)
91/92 FC Osijek (Croácia)

Here is a "presentation card" from the 3...
Attached Images

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old September 1st, 2001, 15:22
International

Teams: gAlAtAsArAy
Hehehe...why not do that someday Alcatraz?

Thanks a lot for the info LuisPedroCat and Alcatraz. I appreciate it. It was useful. It seems like they are not bad players after all and we may need them over the longmaathon of Cl, the league and the cup. For now, I dont think any of them can break in the line up pother than Horvath because the players are in good shape. But our players tend to get often injured so they will be useful for sure. We are desperate for a defender but dont get why they didnt incude one here...

Anyways..thanks a lot again guys.

Plagued By Xtratimelitis

One life, live it. Support GaLaTaSaRaY

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in