SPORTING - Season 2016/17 - Xtratime Community
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 52 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2016, 21:53 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SPORTING CP & Portugal NT
SPORTING - Season 2016/17

One day after the old season ended, the new starts with some great news...

Sporting announced that we renovated the contract of Iuri Medeiros, the absolute best youngster of the season that just ended. Iuri was on loan at Moreirense and had an incredible season which earned him already a secure spot in next season's first squad.

Iuri signed a deal until 2022 with a €60M buy out clause.
Attached Images

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 52 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2016, 02:20
Sportinguista
Premier Player

Teams: Sporting CP
great move bringing back Medeiros, he seems to have grown a lot the last couple seasons being loaned out and I'm sure Jesus could get the best out of him.

The key will be ensuring we have guys who can score, we need 2-3 good strikers.We relied too much on Slimani this season and he could end up being sold. I think our defense is largely settled, perhaps we can improve in RB but I am liking our CBs of Coates, Semedo, Oliveira and Naldo / Ewerton.

We picked up Splavis, well see what he does. Teo was great in the final stages of the season but was a non-factor for most of it. Alan Ruiz looks promising but I believe hes more of an attacking mid.

Euro 2016 could end up encouraging someone to splash cash on William or Joao Mario.

"you deserved to be in a small cage and treated like the animals you are "

-Killa
post #3 of 52 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2016, 16:20
Rising Star

JJ already talking to Porto.......

post #4 of 52 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2016, 16:47
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SL Benfica
iuri is a good player, imo he should have moved already this year to sporting, specially after that all carillo issue, last year he was already on fire ( iuri, that is)

as for JJ, i can see it happenning yes, its been rumoured about since his 1st years at benfica, and tbh i doubt sporting can afford him another year

"there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"

"rocks on my path? i keep them all , one day i'll build a castle"
post #5 of 52 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2016, 20:09
Sportinguista
Premier Player

You guys do realize all the press does is try to de-stabilize SCP?

thats one reason why BDC is active on social media ,so he can provide counter-information/propaganda to the clubs fans.

as an aside, A Bola reporting SCP is interested in Bonatini. I guarantee he will sign for Porto and the media will mock SCP by saying "Porto roubou Bonatini ao Sporting!!!"

Next season SCP will take no prisoners, the truth is coming out and Apito Vemrelho will be uncovered ... more and more are speaking out.. Sergio Conceicao, Manyel Machado.

-Killa
post #6 of 52 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2016, 20:12
Sportinguista
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inácio View Post
iuri is a good player, imo he should have moved already this year to sporting, specially after that all carillo issue, last year he was already on fire ( iuri, that is)

as for JJ, i can see it happenning yes, its been rumoured about since his 1st years at benfica, and tbh i doubt sporting can afford him another year
you are correct Iuri is indeed a good player, but he doesn't have the media pumping his tires every day like they did with Sanches and Bayern got duped to paying all that money for a butcher.

Now all the rats are coming out to slander BDC and JJ, saying their trash talk is the reason for Benfica's success this season. LOL. Every season SCP gets stronger and stronger and soon nothing will stop us.

Its funny how Benfica learned pretty well from Porto, and now the Benfiquistas have no problem with it. The current situation is worse than it ever was during PDC golden age.

-Killa
post #7 of 52 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2016, 22:46
Sportinguista
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by EURODAD View Post
Why don't you update us on JJ coming out and guaranteeing he is staying today and praising the club?

oh thats right you only have something to say when the press is attacking SCP and you believe it.

-Killa
post #8 of 52 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2016, 13:50 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Bruno de Carvalho announced today on a press conference that Sporting extended the contract of Jorge Jesus for one more season until June 2019.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela
post #9 of 52 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2016, 14:03
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

i just read that , they called it a renewal...does that mean his wages are increasing?

post #10 of 52 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2016, 14:17 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inácio View Post
i just read that , they called it a renewal...does that mean his wages are increasing?
No, it simply means that he had a contract of two more years which he accepted to extend for one more year.

It also means that our sports papers just lost 597 covers which were prepared for this pre-season.

Nelson Mandela
post #11 of 52 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2016, 17:09
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP-87 View Post
Why don't you update us on JJ coming out and guaranteeing he is staying today and praising the club?

oh thats right you only have something to say when the press is attacking SCP and you believe it.
LOL You call that post an attack on Sporting lol. I just logged in now because I just read about it now. I do have a life. To me, what this means is that Porto had in fact made contact with JJ and JJ used this to renegotiate / extend his contract. Im pretty sure that JJ insisted on more player decision powers for himself. I dont think money was ever the issue.
post #12 of 52 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2016, 17:11
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe Reis View Post
Bruno de Carvalho announced today on a press conference that Sporting extended the contract of Jorge Jesus for one more season until June 2019.

Well get ready for some more imports playing for Sporting. Im pretty sure the negotiations were more to do with the powers JJ has when it comes to player decisions.....
post #13 of 52 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2016, 17:13
Rising Star

Quote:
You guys do realize all the press does is try to de-stabilize SCP?

thats one reason why BDC is active on social media ,so he can provide counter-information/propaganda to the clubs fans.

as an aside, A Bola reporting SCP is interested in Bonatini. I guarantee he will sign for Porto and the media will mock SCP by saying "Porto roubou Bonatini ao Sporting!!!"

Next season SCP will take no prisoners, the truth is coming out and Apito Vemrelho will be uncovered ... more and more are speaking out.. Sergio Conceicao, Manyel Machado.

Newspapers dont try to de-stabilize any club much less Sporting. Newspapers are interested in one thing and only one thing. Selling newspapers and that usually means give what they think the readers want to read. That victim card must be getting thin by now. lol
post #14 of 52 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2016, 19:29
Sportinguista
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe Reis View Post

Eurodad CAGOU!!!!!

-Killa
post #15 of 52 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2016, 20:27
Rising Star

Quote:
Eurodad CAGOU!!!!!
lol You dont get it. This actually kind of proves what I was saying. Never mind, not worth it.
post #16 of 52 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2016, 00:26
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

not worth it

post #17 of 52 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2016, 00:30
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
LOL You call that post an attack on Sporting lol. I just logged in now because I just read about it now. I do have a life. To me, what this means is that Porto had in fact made contact with JJ and JJ used this to renegotiate / extend his contract. Im pretty sure that JJ insisted on more player decision powers for himself. I dont think money was ever the issue.

from what i read ( was a very brief article) , if he transfers, the new club doesnt have to pay anything to sporting anymore, so basically JJ is now a free man

and yes, its funny how porto always shows up before JJ renegociates his contracts...he did the same with benfica too, so .....JJ has been using the media pretty well to improve his contracts

post #18 of 52 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2016, 21:46
Sportinguista
Premier Player

All your fans do is obsess over Sporting, its crazy really

now that we became your main competition, it seems like benfiquistas are angrier than ever, burning our jerseys (i.e. like in mozambique) always talking about us on TV etc

Benfiquistas really miss the days when Porto (their lovers) was their main "enemy" and was winning titles.

-Killa
post #19 of 52 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2016, 21:47
Sportinguista
Premier Player

Quote:
lol You dont get it. This actually kind of proves what I was saying. Never mind, not worth it.
No YOU don't get it

all you do is come in talk about how X Y or Z is leaving SCP but you never do that with your club

Media is not to be trusted with SCP stories who have an agenda and are mostly supportive of Benfica and have an anti-SCP mandate, thats why we get our info directly from BDC and the club.

-Killa
post #20 of 52 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2016, 01:38
Rising Star

Quote:
No YOU don't get it

all you do is come in talk about how X Y or Z is leaving SCP but you never do that with your club

Media is not to be trusted with SCP stories who have an agenda and are mostly supportive of Benfica and have an anti-SCP mandate, thats why we get our info directly from BDC and the club.
As I posted before, no point

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in