Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 82 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2015, 03:32
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

3 years and 18 million Euro.

Madness.

A VENCER DESDE 1893

Oh lampião, levaste 5 no Dragão, nunca te esquecerás desta grande humilhação!

16:01 kat
*little pillows wrestling is another thing Josh does, when he is drunk *
post #3 of 82 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2015, 05:23
Flo
Legend

Teams: SL Benfica, Liverpool, & AC Milan
These same lagartos who hated and bitched about him now love him. Typical.

post #4 of 82 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2015, 10:41
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SPORTING CP & Portugal NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo View Post
These same lagartos who hated and bitched about him now love him. Typical.
Yes, just like the lampiões who are now so desperate that even get to the point of saying that "he only won 3 leagues in 6 years because he was helped by the refs". :dielaugh::dielaugh::dielaugh:

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela
post #5 of 82 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2015, 10:54
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP-87 View Post
You took some sacrifices in your career

Everything was a stepping stone to your dream

To coach sporting Clube de portugal

Bem
Vindos
It's not official yet, calm down.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela
post #6 of 82 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2015, 11:38
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport

Russian women

World volley champio
Vice olympic volley champion
World handball champion
European basket champion
Vice world basket champion
post #7 of 82 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2015, 11:47
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SL Benfica
if its true...i cant say i will be sorry

aaahhh....the sporting youth academy..

"there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"

"rocks on my path? i keep them all , one day i'll build a castle"
post #8 of 82 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2015, 11:57
Forum Manager
International

Jorge Jesus to switch to Sporting in sensational move

In an astonishing turn of events, Benfica's longest-serving post-war coach and the man who has just guided the Eagles to their first back-to-back championship triumph in over three decades, Jorge Jesus, has left the club for fierce cross-town rivals Sporting.

At least that's what every Portuguese media outlet is reporting, although nothing has yet been confirmed officially.

Jesus, a former Sporting player, is reported to have been lured by a €6million/season salary over three years, while Vitória Guimarães coach Rui Vitória is set to take over at Benfica.

Rumours had been rumbling for several weeks that the Benfica coach could make the short 1-kilometre trip across to the other side of Lisbon's Segunda Circular (ring-road), but most observers of Portuguese football put it down to little more than silly season speculation.

It appears that Benfica president Luís Filipe Vieira was also convinced Sporting would not have the financial capacity to prise JJ away from the Estádio da Luz. That is the only plausible explanation for offering the 60-year-old coach a new contract in which his salary was significantly reduced. With FC Porto, who have long been linked with a swoop for Jesus, having confirmed that Spanish coach Julen Lopetegui would remain at the Dragons, Vieira no doubt thought Jesus would eventually put pen to paper on a new more modest deal.

African backing

However, Sporting came up with a huge offer in financial terms, having secured funds from backers from Angola (a former Portuguese colony with strong links to Portugal) and Equitorial Guinea. According to these reports, Jorge Jesus has the possibility of earning €18 million in three years at the Alvalade.

Beyond the financial considerations, the coach made several demands that president Bruno de Carvalho accepted, namely that he will oversee the whole football structure of the club, and crucially that none of Sporting's best players will leave this summer: Rui Patrício, William Carvalho, André Carrillo, João Mário and Islam Slimani provide a solid basis on which to construct the team.

Given Jesus's system of play in which the holding midfielder is arguably the team's key player, it is especially vital that William stays. The player himself is likely to be more willing to remain at Sporting given the way Jesus improved the likes of Javi Garcia, Nemanja Matic and Enzo Pérez, facilitating huge-money transfers further down the line.

Academy conundrum

On the other side of the coin, Sporting have long been known for fielding players produced at their famed Alcochete academy, and Jesus's reluctance to put his faith in Portuguese youngsters was his biggest criticism during his Benfica years. How will these two opposing philosophies be conciliated?

Another strong motivation for Jesus, who never tires of championing his own coaching merits, will be to try and prove that Benfica won chiefly because of him, and not the club structure, and he can do a similar job in the green half of the city. Should he lead Sporting to championship success, he will go down in history as one of the greatest ever Portuguese coaches.

As for Benfica, the early indications are that Luís Filipe Vieira will be facing a backlash for letting Jesus go. The coach has revolutionised Benfica over his six years at the club, winning 3 Primeira Liga titles, 10 trophies in total, and enabling a series of transfer windfalls to flow into the club's coffers, despite losing his best players year after year.

New man, new philosophy at the Luz?

However, the president has constantly said he wants Benfica to shift its focus as a club to include more home-grown players, and given the success of Rui Vitória in that department at Vitória Guimarães, and the brilliant talents recently produced at the Seixal Academy, Vieria may yet have the last laugh.

Vitória trained Benfica's youth squad earlier in his coaching career. He accepted the Vitória Guimarães job despite the club being in a precarious position from the financial point of view, having to rely on youth products and players plucked from the lower leagues.

Under these conditions he has enjoyed tremendous success, keeping the northerners near the top of the table and in 2013 leading the team to its first major trophy, winning the Portuguese Cup, ironically beating Benfica in the final.

The season has only just finished but given this backdrop the 2015/16 season promises to make for fascinating viewing in Portugal.
post #9 of 82 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2015, 12:45
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inácio View Post
if its true...i cant say i will be sorry
Sure. Benfica won 3 leagues in 6 years under JJ. Do you know how many leagues your club won in the 15 years before he arrived? One.

Quote:
aaahhh....the sporting youth academy..
Sporting's youth academy is and always will be the pillar of this club. I expect JJ to use it to do what he did so well during his 6 years at Benfica: transformed promising young players in top quality performers.

Unfortunately for Portuguese football Benfica only offered him foreigners whereas at Sporting he will have the chance to do that with Portuguese players.

Nelson Mandela
post #10 of 82 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2015, 12:57
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

It's not yet confirmed but some signs coming from the smelly side of Segunda Circular make it look very plausible...

Rui Costa's reaction when JJ told him he was going to Sporting...

Meanwhile at Benfica's megastore there's been some shifting in the dummies...

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Nelson Mandela
post #11 of 82 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2015, 13:19
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

i was never a JJ supporter dear filipe, always let it clear , so no i wont be sorry to see him leave

as for u though...after all the bashing from u all over the years, about how he talks, how he acts, about how he doesnt play portuguese players etc etc....im having a big laugh if this is for real

also....the $$$ u will spend on it, and where that money comes from will be very funny

post #12 of 82 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2015, 13:20
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

im curious about one thing though....will bruno still sit at the bench?

post #13 of 82 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2015, 14:07
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
i was never a JJ supporter dear filipe, always let it clear , so no i wont be sorry to see him leave

as for u though...after all the bashing from u all over the years, about how he talks, how he acts, about how he doesnt play portuguese players etc etc....im having a big laugh if this is for real
If you didn't support the man that took Benfica back to the top of Portuguese football, that is entirely your business not mine, my dear.

I laughed at the way he speaks and acts and I surely will continue to do so because he is a character regardless what club he works for. In fact most, if not all, the satire made about him on social media and the likes is made by fans of your own club so why would we be different?

About the point of using Portuguese players I've answered you in my last post. Just read it.

Quote:
also....the $$$ u will spend on it, and where that money comes from will be very funny
The amount of money he will get is not yet clear (the numbers presented diverge massively from one media outlet to another) but I don't believe the difference will be that big from what he was getting at SLB. The money apparently comes from Angola, the same country where your president made his fortune. The main difference is that our money comes from black gold whereas your president's came from something white. Sniff, sniff...

Quote:
im curious about one thing though....will bruno still sit at the bench?
Maybe yes, maybe no. He said he would sit there until he thought it was necessary. We shall see if that time arrived now.

This may not be true but even if that is the case this is a majour coup by Bruno de Carvalho. There are risks, of course, but getting the second best Portuguese manager and on top of it bringing it directly after he comes out of becoming back to back champion for our biggest rivals is absolutely masterful. Just looking at the faces of the hord of red journos on the verge of a nervous breakdown shouting "this is not ethical!" it's enough. :dielaugh:

Nelson Mandela
post #14 of 82 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2015, 16:20
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

3.2m Euro per season, could rise to 6m Euro if incentive clauses are met.

Jorge Jesus met with LFV early in the day yesterday, and they had a heated argument which didn't end well. JJ then met with Bruno and struck a deal.

This morning, Jorge Mendes met with JJ and tried to talk him out of joining Sporting. That did not work.

Sporting are currently meeting with Marco Silva to agree terms on rescinding his contract, which has 3 years left on it.

CMVM are asking for explanations from Benfica and Sporting on what the hell is going on with Silva/Jesus/Vitoria.

A VENCER DESDE 1893

post #15 of 82 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2015, 16:39
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josué View Post
3.2m Euro per season, could rise to 6m Euro if incentive clauses are met.

Jorge Jesus met with LFV early in the day yesterday, and they had a heated argument which didn't end well. JJ then met with Bruno and struck a deal.

This morning, Jorge Mendes met with JJ and tried to talk him out of joining Sporting. That did not work.

Sporting are currently meeting with Marco Silva to agree terms on rescinding his contract, which has 3 years left on it.

CMVM are asking for explanations from Benfica and Sporting on what the hell is going on with Silva/Jesus/Vitoria.
Thanks for your summary Josh. What would be of us without your inside sources.

Nelson Mandela
post #16 of 82 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2015, 16:43
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

No problem, friend.

A VENCER DESDE 1893

post #17 of 82 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2015, 16:55
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Benfica; Portugal
Accomplished coaches don't grow on trees. This is by no stretch of the imagination a blessing in disguise for Benfica.

However, when all's equal, talent trumps all. JJ will need to overcome a deep talent deficit to be in the race come next May. Reality points to another 3rd place finish, albeit the margin will narrow.

The real winner in all of this is Porto. Lopesteski will finally have a chance of beating JJ this time around.

Freedom is the great liberator of the mind – it threatens only the comfort of the sequacious intellect.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

http://members.cox.net/fantasychamp/power.jpg
post #18 of 82 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2015, 17:07
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Take some of this, I think you need it.

Nelson Mandela
post #19 of 82 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2015, 17:08
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Marco Silva officially fired:

Comunicado Sporting Clube de Portugal, Futebol - SAD

O Conselho de Administração da Sporting Clube de Portugal, Futebol - SAD, informa que foi accionado o processo de rescisão do contrato de trabalho com o treinador Marco Silva invocando justa causa.
Nesse sentido, foram dadas indicações expressas aos órgãos competentes para de imediato desenvolverem os necessários procedimentos, tendo hoje, Marco Silva sido informado desta decisão com efeitos imediatos.

Lisboa, 4 de Junho de 2015

Nelson Mandela
post #20 of 82 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2015, 17:32
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Benfica; Portugal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe Reis View Post
Take some of this, I think you need it.

That's some of your best work.

Freedom is the great liberator of the mind – it threatens only the comfort of the sequacious intellect.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

http://members.cox.net/fantasychamp/power.jpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in