SPORTING - Season 2014/15 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 302 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2014, 20:18 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SPORTING CP & Portugal NT
SPORTING - Season 2014/15

The season 13/14 finished today and with it the time of Leonardo Jardim as our coach. It's a shame to see him go because he managed to build a very strong team and made the team play some very good football with not more than scarce financial resources.

The truth is also that all the good things that happened this season were not only due to LJ. Our Board and mainly our president were very much responsible for this good season so there is no reason not to believe that whoever is coming to replace Jardim will not be a good choice. Marco Silva, the former coach of Estoril, is the man that everybody is saying will take the job but that remains to be confirmed.

What is already confirmed is that we have two new players for the coming season, 22 year old Portuguese U21 international CB Paulo Oliveira (ex-Vitória de Guimarães) and the 20 year old Bulgarian box-to-box Simeon Slavchev (ex-Litex Lovech). Two young promising players that seem to fit the profile of most of the players acquired by the current Board.

Confirmed are also three departures. The Brazilian RB Welder, the Paraguayan RB/LB Iván Piris and the Brazilian midfielder Gérson Magrão are all leaving the club.

Let's see what the coming days, in the case of the coach, and months, in the case of players, will bring as changes in the squad.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela

Last edited by Filipe Reis; May 20th, 2014 at 20:30.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 302 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2014, 20:40
Sportinguista
Premier Player

Teams: Sporting CP
yeah and I was called out for posting about this about a week ago...

sure the press isnt to be trusted, but sometimes they do get things right or are onto something when it concerns Sporting CP.

I heard we will be compensated 3 million euros for his departure. also we will bank 12 million should LJ return to Portugal in the next four years for a club other than our own?

"you deserved to be in a small cage and treated like the animals you are "

-Killa
post #3 of 302 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2014, 20:47 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP-87 View Post
yeah and I was called out for posting about this about a week ago...

sure the press isnt to be trusted, but sometimes they do get things right or are onto something when it concerns Sporting CP.
I think you know as well as I do that 90% of what the sports press say about SCP is not true so it's always good to be cautious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP-87 View Post
I heard we will be compensated 3 million euros for his departure. also we will bank 12 million should LJ return to Portugal in the next four years for a club other than our own?
Yes, that's right. Also if he wins titles with his new club we will get a further €3M, which means that next season I'll have to change of favourite team in Ligue 1.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela

post #4 of 302 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2014, 21:53
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SL Benfica
Marco Silva is obviously a good coach, and i think he will do better than Paulo Fonseca at Porto ( as in a young coach, coming from a successful small / middle table team) , so its looking good for you in that department imo

"there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"

"rocks on my path? i keep them all , one day i'll build a castle"
post #5 of 302 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2014, 00:20
Sportinguista
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe Reis View Post
I think you know as well as I do that 90% of what the sports press say about SCP is not true so it's always good to be cautious.

Yes, that's right. Also if he wins titles with his new club we will get a further €3M, which means that next season I'll have to change of favourite team in Ligue 1.
that is good news and much better negotiating from SCP than we have seen in the past. credit to BDC and the new board once again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inácio View Post
Marco Silva is obviously a good coach, and i think he will do better than Paulo Fonseca at Porto ( as in a young coach, coming from a successful small / middle table team) , so its looking good for you in that department imo
We will see if Marco Silva to SCP materializes. There is always risks, but I think it is worth it. he brought Estoril up, finished 5th, lost key players, and was able to finish 4th the very next season. he also had the team able to get results against stronger sides such as the big 3. LJ's SCP only won 1 match against the top 5 liga clubs. with support from the now competent board and improvements to the squad, a new coach like Marco Silva has conditions to thrive next season.

-Killa
post #6 of 302 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2014, 12:38 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Sporting will introduce our new coach today at 19:45 Lisbon time in Alvalade. I'd be very surprised if it's not Marco Silva but we'll see.

Nelson Mandela
post #7 of 302 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2014, 12:40
Rising Star

Quote:
Bright young coach. I like him a lot. I was actually hoping that Benfica got him.
post #8 of 302 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2014, 12:41
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe Reis View Post
Sporting will introduce our new coach today at 19:45 Lisbon time in Alvalade. I'd be very surprised if it's not Marco Silva but we'll see.
Of course it is. Worst kept secret for a while now.
post #9 of 302 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2014, 20:21 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

It's confirmed. Marco Silva is the new coach of Sporting. His presentation just finished and, as usual, he showed to be someone with clear ideas about what will be his and the club's objectives. He signed a 4 years contract which is very unusual in Portugal but not surprising taking into account the policy of Sporting's current Board.

BENVINDO MARCO!

Nelson Mandela
post #10 of 302 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2014, 21:53
Rising Star

Congrats. Great move. Brightest new coach in Portugal. I actually like him more than your previous coach. He has IMO a huge ceiling.
post #11 of 302 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2014, 21:21
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

well done guys, even though i think 4 years is a bit long for a 1st contract, but i believe he will do a good job for you

post #12 of 302 (permalink) Old June 3rd, 2014, 19:16 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

After some of the usual suspects of our wonderful sports press guaranteed that the player was "not interested in joining Sporting", the club answered in kind.

The third Sporting new player for the 2014/15 season is the 21 year old Spaniard Oriol "Uri" Rosell. He's coming from MLS' side Sporting Kansas City and he is a product of Barcelona's La Masia.

Uri Rosell is a quality Defensive Midfielder with some impressive playing stats that hopefully is coming to play side by side with William Carvalho and not to replace him.

He signed a contract valid for 5 seasons with a €45M buy out clause.

BENVINGUT URI!

Nelson Mandela
post #13 of 302 (permalink) Old June 3rd, 2014, 20:36
Sportinguista
Premier Player

Good signing, midfield is looking good just hope we can hold on to William for this season

-Killa
post #14 of 302 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2014, 16:29
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Filipe, don't you think that paying over 1m Euro, full transfer of Piris, and the loan of Wilson Eduardo is too much for Derley? What are your thoughts on this likely transfer?

A VENCER DESDE 1893

Oh lampião, levaste 5 no Dragão, nunca te esquecerás desta grande humilhação!

16:01 kat
*little pillows wrestling is another thing Josh does, when he is drunk *
post #15 of 302 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2014, 10:10 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
Filipe, don't you think that paying over 1m Euro, full transfer of Piris, and the loan of Wilson Eduardo is too much for Derley? What are your thoughts on this likely transfer?
I don't know if that is true. I've heard that it was Vítor the player involved and not Piris. Besides Piris was loaned to us so we couldn't sell him to anybody.

Anyway, I do think Derley is a good player and I wouldn't mind having him in our squad next year. If for that we need to loan and sell a couple of players, my opinion depends on which ones.

Nelson Mandela
post #16 of 302 (permalink) Old June 9th, 2014, 22:53 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Three good news in the last few days...

SPORTING TV will start broadcasting on 1 July, when the club celebrates its 108th anniversary. A great birthday gift and a really important step in our strategy to both promote the club and get rid of the tv rights fascism of Olivedesportos...

Meanwhile, in the last couple of days we signed two new Portuguese young players.

Coming straight from the regional championships (4th tier of our football), we signed Jorge "Gazela" Santos, a very skilled 21 year old forward that will most likely come to play in our B team. He signed a 6 year contract with the usual €45M buy-out clause.

Today we signed Portuguese U21 international André Geraldes, a 23 year old RB who is coming from Belenenses. He will be most likely be the alternative to Cédric that last season was clearly missing. He signed a 5 year contract with a €45M buy-out clause.

Nelson Mandela
post #17 of 302 (permalink) Old June 9th, 2014, 23:00
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

so now u will have your very own biased tv channel

post #18 of 302 (permalink) Old June 9th, 2014, 23:16 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
so now u will have your very own biased tv channel
Yes!

And the good thing is that I'll be in Portugal when it starts.

Nelson Mandela
post #19 of 302 (permalink) Old June 10th, 2014, 07:36
Sportinguista
Premier Player

SCP continues to work on improving our depth,

Also Miguel Lopes will probably get a shot at making the squad again for RB.

-Killa
post #20 of 302 (permalink) Old June 10th, 2014, 13:56
Rising Star

I think it is good for all three of our big teams to have their own channel. No politics. Let the other broadcasters handle the international games. This way, we might be able to start watching games in N. America tv again with out the 100 middle men.........BS politics and thievery

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in