Season 2012/13: Transfers, rumours and friendlies - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 201 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2012, 03:25 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: PSV, Oranje, Macedonian NT
Season 2012/13: Transfers, rumours and friendlies

Guys, any new news on you guys making contact with Labyad?

He is currently trying to tear up the contract extension that was activated in his contract by PSV which would of seen him stay until 2014. He might have a case as he may have been too young when he signed that contract.

Everyone in Eindhoven wants him to leave and tbh i think it will be best for both player and club.

P.S. I hope either you or Bilbao win the EL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 201 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2012, 08:51
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SPORTING CP & Portugal NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Rabbit View Post
Guys, any new news on you guys making contact with Labyad?

He is currently trying to tear up the contract extension that was activated in his contract by PSV which would of seen him stay until 2014. He might have a case as he may have been too young when he signed that contract.

Everyone in Eindhoven wants him to leave and tbh i think it will be best for both player and club.

P.S. I hope either you or Bilbao win the EL
Right now there is no talk about transfers as the season is still on and the press is focused on the last stretch of each competition but the last time I've heard of him was that Sporting was indeed interested but things should be dealt with during the summer.

Thanks for your wishes. I hope we beat Metalist and then beat Athletic in the semis. If not, I also hope Athletic wins it.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela
post #3 of 201 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2012, 23:32 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Lopes has apparently confirmed the signing of Labyad on a 5 year contract in the Portuguese press.

Have you heard anything about this?

post #4 of 201 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2012, 00:48
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Lopes has apparently confirmed the signing of Labyad on a 5 year contract in the Portuguese press.

Have you heard anything about this?
Yes, I've just read it in our sports press. I didn't see the tv interview he gave tonight but I've just read that he confirmed that Labyad will sign a contract with Sporting at the end of the current season and we will not have to pay anything for him.

What's your opinion on Labyad as a player?

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela
post #5 of 201 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2012, 05:10 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Overall hes a solid player but not a stand out.

Hes been our starting RW this whole season which is pretty impressive seeing as he only just turned 19. He is pretty fast and strong but his main points are probably his long range shooting and his vision, not much of a dribbler.

My main criticisms of him are that he hogs the ball way too much and also that he is rather lazy in coming back and defending.

He is still very immature but can become a better player, especially with a move abroad. I think that a move abroad will get rid of his cockiness as it will make him move to a club and country that hes not accustomed to, also the Portuguese league is much different in the style of play than the Dutch which will be a good experience for Zakaria.

Even though i think he can improve quite a lot he will never become a world beater or anything close. The fact he chose Morocco over the Netherlands is a clear indication of this. He used to be somewhat of a fan favorite in Eindhoven as he came through the academy but since hes rather poor performances of late and plus all this transfer/contract saga with him the majority of PSV fans want him to leave, as do i. I think it will be better for both him and the club
post #6 of 201 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2012, 09:39
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
Another one suffering from the Taraabt syndrome? p
post #7 of 201 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2012, 11:05 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Don't think so really. He didnt start talking about Sporting until the team went on a slide down.

Taraabt is better than him anyway.
post #8 of 201 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2012, 11:15
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:

Hes been our starting RW this whole season which is pretty impressive seeing as he only just turned 19. He is pretty fast and strong but his main points are probably his long range shooting and his vision, not much of a dribbler.

My main criticisms of him are that he hogs the ball way too much and also that he is rather lazy in coming back and defending.

He is still very immature but can become a better player, especially with a move abroad. I think that a move abroad will get rid of his cockiness as it will make him move to a club and country that hes not accustomed to, also the Portuguese league is much different in the style of play than the Dutch which will be a good experience for Zakaria.

Even though i think he can improve quite a lot he will never become a world beater or anything close. The fact he chose Morocco over the Netherlands is a clear indication of this. He used to be somewhat of a fan favorite in Eindhoven as he came through the academy but since hes rather poor performances of late and plus all this transfer/contract saga with him the majority of PSV fans want him to leave, as do i. I think it will be better for both him and the club
Thanks for your opinion.

Nelson Mandela
post #9 of 201 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2012, 11:30
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Crvena Zvezda, PSV, NEC, Srbija
Quote:

I agree with pretty much everything you wrote but the highlighted is BS. If I were a pro footballer and I had all the potential in the world I'd still chose Serbia over Holland. Its just a feeling of connection that you have and cannot be accounted to the fact whether you will make it at Holland or not.

I'd rather have a Giggs like NT carreer than a Senna like carreer.

Боље да се кајем зато што јесам, него зато што нисам
post #10 of 201 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2012, 12:19 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

In theory you are completely correct, Krajo. Is that what actually happens in international football though? I think not. Im convinced that 99% of footballers choose NT's just for their personal glory, if they can play for a big nation over their smaller country of origin they will but if they are not good enough then they will play for the worse NT.

Just look at the Boateng brothers for a great example. Jerome was playing at HSV, having a couple of good season and he choose to play for Germany where as Prince was playing for Portsmouth at the time, badly wanted to play at the WC, and therefore choose Ghana. He has since retired from the Ghanian NT.

I know what you are talking about and i wish more people thought the way you did but in reality its just not the way it is.
post #11 of 201 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2012, 14:43 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Hes finally broken his silence and the move has now been confirmed by him as well.

5 year deal as expected.

Apparently Benfica also wanted him and were willing to pay us cash for him as well. Of course that isnt an issue though as his contract option wasnt valid after all.
post #12 of 201 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2012, 15:09
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Hes finally broken his silence and the move has now been confirmed by him as well.

5 year deal as expected.

Apparently Benfica also wanted him and were willing to pay us cash for him as well. Of course that isnt an issue though as his contract option wasnt valid after all.
Some of the Portuguese sports press this morning is confirming what you've posted whereas others are claiming that it is not yet clear whether he is coming to Sporting or if Benfica will manage to steal him.

I am sure the coming hours will show who is saying the truth although looking at the sources involved I would expect more that your version is the correct one.

Nelson Mandela
post #13 of 201 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2012, 15:18 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Labyad himself said hes joining Sporting. Isnt that as reliable a source as you can get?

He said he never contemplated going to Benfica and that Sporting gave him the right feeling etc.
post #14 of 201 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2012, 18:52
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Labyad himself said hes joining Sporting. Isnt that as reliable a source as you can get?

He said he never contemplated going to Benfica and that Sporting gave him the right feeling etc.
Yes, you're right. After I posted that I've also read reports in our press that today he gave an interview to a Dutch paper where he confirmed his deal with Sporting and said how impressed he was with the knowledge and interest our football director had on his career. He also confirmed that PSV tried to convince him to sign for Benfica, who did a last minute approach to snatch him from us. Nothing surprising in this story at the end of the day.

Nelson Mandela
post #15 of 201 (permalink) Old April 24th, 2012, 13:29 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

What can you tell me about us being linked with your RB Arias.

Its been reported in the Dutch press that we want some kind of a swap deal with Labyad Not sure how that works as Zakaria is a free agent and Santiago has a long term contract.
post #16 of 201 (permalink) Old April 26th, 2012, 14:14
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
Sporting's newest signing

post #17 of 201 (permalink) Old April 26th, 2012, 19:10
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
What can you tell me about us being linked with your RB Arias.

Its been reported in the Dutch press that we want some kind of a swap deal with Labyad Not sure how that works as Zakaria is a free agent and Santiago has a long term contract.
There were rumours about that in our press too but I hope they are just that. We have nothing to do with PSV's problems with Labyad and it would be really silly to lose a quality player like Arias because of this.

Nelson Mandela
post #18 of 201 (permalink) Old April 27th, 2012, 11:27 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

This Labyad situation has been going on for too long. I hope that he could of just signed a contract already.

Latest news is that Benfica are offering us 3m for him. I have a feeling this case will end up going to FIFA alm:

Anyway it looks like Ronnie Stam is our first choice at RB so im pretty sure this was just a bullshit rumour
post #19 of 201 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2012, 15:45
Rookie

Well, Labyad is already in Lisbon. Great move for the Lions.
post #20 of 201 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2012, 20:49
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Valencia CF
What do you guys think of Joao Perreira?

Generally as a player.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in