OMT: U. Leiria 0-0 SPORTING; Leiria, 04.03.07 - PL Round 20 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old March 4th, 2007, 21:48 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SPORTING CP & Portugal NT
OMT: U. Leiria 0-0 SPORTING; Leiria, 04.03.07 - PL Round 20

Sporting today probably said goodbye to the title in a game that we absolutely dominated from the first to the last minute.

Great game by Polga and an impressive display of courage from the rest of the team that surely deserved more than a draw.

Liedson was sent off in a very dubious situation at 20' and of course that the fact that we are playing at Porto in 2 weeks is a pure coincidence...

quoting Paulo Bento on this one..."I might be young but I'm not innocent".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old March 4th, 2007, 21:55
Rising Star

Teams: SL Benfica
Liedson's red card was deserved. However, Rossato was not totally innocent on the ordeal.

Plus, you weren't expecting to go the Dragão on full force, were you? Pay attention to your next games and your players on the verge of suspension.
It's always like this.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old March 4th, 2007, 21:56
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: Sport Lisboa e Benfica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gein
Liedson's red card was deserved. However, Rossato was not totally innocent on the ordeal.

Why did Rossato get that yellow?

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old March 4th, 2007, 22:02
Rising Star

I don't why he got it (that only the refs know), but I think he deserved it because when both players rolled on the floor, Rossato also got some action with his legs. Just not as bad as Liedson.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old March 4th, 2007, 22:03
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe Reis
Liedson was sent off in a very dubious situation at 20' and of course that the fact that we are playing at Porto in 2 weeks is a pure coincidence...
Ridiculous, I'd expect better from you, Filipe.

Liedson's red card was completely deserved. Blame him for diminishing your already small chances of getting any points at the Dragao, not some sort of absurd Porto conspiracy.

A VENCER DESDE 1893

Oh lampião, levaste 5 no Dragão, nunca te esquecerás desta grande humilhação!

16:01 kat
*little pillows wrestling is another thing Josh does, when he is drunk *
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old March 4th, 2007, 22:05 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gein

Plus, you weren't expecting to go the Dragão on full force, were you? Pay attention to your next games and your players on the verge of suspension.
It's always like this.
Rossato fouled Liedson inside the box, meaning: penalty. In the follow-up of that situation Liedson answers childlishly to the first aggression.
What does the ref see? Liedson "kicking" Rossato.
Why did he show a yellow to Leiria's player? Only him knows.

Yes, Gein you are right and if I were you guys I would be careful in the coming games before you host Porto because I doubt you will be able to have all your players available for that match.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old March 4th, 2007, 22:07 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigoIsGod
Ridiculous, I'd expect better from you, Filipe.

Liedson's red card was completely deserved. Blame him for diminishing your already small chances of getting any points at the Dragao, not some sort of absurd Porto conspiracy.
Yes FIG, Porto and conspiracy are absolute antagonisms.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old March 5th, 2007, 02:32
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

i didnt see the 1st half, but taking it from the 2nd half...boy, is leiria playing bad or what

sporting played almost the entire game with 10 men, and leiria was unable to put the pressure on sporting, playing slow and so so disorganized that it looked like they were the ones lacking someone in the team lol

djalo came in very well for sporting (how bento picks bueno over him goes beyond my mind), and moutinho was the teams usual work horse

for its lack of ambition and poor performance , leiria actually deserved to lose...but im glad they didnt

"there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"

"rocks on my path? i keep them all , one day i'll build a castle"
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old March 5th, 2007, 02:38
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
With the all ref helping that Leiria have this season they should have more ten points if they realy had a quality squad and coach.

In Liedson case Sporting was robbed,i like Sporting today.

Russian women

World volley champio
Vice olympic volley champion
World handball champion
European basket champion
Vice world basket champion
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old March 5th, 2007, 14:53
Forum Manager
Star Player

Quote:
Rossato fouled Liedson inside the box, meaning: penalty. In the follow-up of that situation Liedson answers childlishly to the first aggression.
What does the ref see? Liedson "kicking" Rossato.
Why did he show a yellow to Leiria's player? Only him knows.

Yes, Gein you are right and if I were you guys I would be careful in the coming games before you host Porto because I doubt you will be able to have all your players available for that match.
Oh come on, Liedson's not ref favorite. He should really have known better. Not sure if it was a clear penalty like you make it seem but if not then a double yellow would be fair.

Remember when McCarthy went elbow friendly with the whole league? Do you think he got the benefit of the doubt from there on? You just better hope that the CD pulls a "Caso Deco" and only gives him a game
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old March 5th, 2007, 14:56
Forum Manager
Star Player

Also, that Paredes guy is very slow, playing with him is like playing with 10, on the other side, Ivanildo showed some skill and Harrison some "garra", the rest of the Leiria squad doesn't look any better than a second division team.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old March 5th, 2007, 19:03 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by killa
Oh come on, Liedson's not ref favorite. He should really have known better. Not sure if it was a clear penalty like you make it seem but if not then a double yellow would be fair.

Remember when McCarthy went elbow friendly with the whole league? Do you think he got the benefit of the doubt from there on? You just better hope that the CD pulls a "Caso Deco" and only gives him a game
The problem is that if Rossato got a yellow it is for something he did before being kicked and not after. If that is so how come someone gets a yellow for a foul and the foul is not called?

I am not expecting anything from the CD. I know Liedson will not play against Porto and as I've said before, the same might happen with any other meaningless player of any other team that is about to face Porto...like for example a certain Senhor Sabrosa.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old March 5th, 2007, 19:20
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Mmmm, those grapes are sour.

A VENCER DESDE 1893

Oh lampião, levaste 5 no Dragão, nunca te esquecerás desta grande humilhação!

16:01 kat
*little pillows wrestling is another thing Josh does, when he is drunk *
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old March 5th, 2007, 19:27 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigoIsGod
Mmmm, those grapes are sour.
Grapes would be sour if a few XT supporters of the two teams that have been systematically robbed in the last 3 decades in Portugal would for example create a thread on the Portuguese football forum especially dedicated to the life and work of the Farting Pope of the Inbicta aka P da C...but don't worry, it's just a menace.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old March 5th, 2007, 23:26
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

senhor sabrosa

yep, its very worrying...him, and i believe katsouranis is on the limit as well....lets see if we can hold it

i think u guys can still win in porto though, even if liedson has the killer instinct, djalo is on fire

just play alecsandro instead of bueno please

"there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"

"rocks on my path? i keep them all , one day i'll build a castle"
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old March 6th, 2007, 10:01 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by inacio
i think u guys can still win in porto though, even if liedson has the killer instinct, djalo is on fire

just play alecsandro instead of bueno please
Djaló is on fire but he is not a finisher and for the good and for the bad Liedson is still for me by far the best striker in our League.

Bueno is not a bad player and he never gives up which actually makes me like him but it is true that his lack of skills is striking while playing side by side with the rest of our players.

Anyway I am not too optimistic about that game but Porto might choke as they almost did against you guys or simply they might not be as lucky as they were against us in Alvalade.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old March 6th, 2007, 18:17
Flo
Legend

Teams: SL Benfica, Liverpool, & AC Milan
Quote:
Djaló is on fire but he is not a finisher and for the good and for the bad Liedson is still for me by far the best striker in our League.

Bueno is not a bad player and he never gives up which actually makes me like him but it is true that his lack of skills is striking while playing side by side with the rest of our players.

Anyway I am not too optimistic about that game but Porto might choke as they almost did against you guys or simply they might not be as lucky as they were against us in Alvalade.

Just beat Porto. You will have every Benfiquista that day be a temporary lagarto and will be pulling for you guys. Do your job regardless if Leidson is there or not.....
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old March 6th, 2007, 19:07 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo
Just beat Porto. You will have every Benfiquista that day be a temporary lagarto and will be pulling for you guys. Do your job regardless if Leidson is there or not.....
with every Benfiquista you mean yourself will be included?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in