OMT: UCL Group Stage Matchday 2: Spartak Moscow 1-1 SPORTING, Luzhniki, 27.09.06 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 66 (permalink) Old September 25th, 2006, 21:42 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SPORTING CP & Portugal NT
OMT: UCL Group Stage Matchday 2: Spartak Moscow 1-1 SPORTING, Luzhniki, 27.09.06

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Group Stage Matchday 2
Spartak Moscow v SPORTING

Luzhniki stadium, Moscow, 18h30 (CET), Wednesday, 27.09.06

After most part of Europe discovered Sporting's jewels in Matchday 1 of the Champions League now it's time to roll up our sleeves and put a tough display up against an always difficult team in a very difficult stadium.

Spartak Moscow might not be as strong as they were 6 years ago but the 0-4 in Munich does not reflect the real value of this team.

Sporting arrived today in Moscow where the temperature was still decent (ca 16 C) and the sky was clear.

Here's the list of players called by Paulo Bento:

Goalkeepers: Ricardo and Tiago

Defenders: Miguel Garcia, Abel, Anderson Polga, Marco Caneira, Tonel, Miguel Veloso and Ronny

Midfielders: Rodrigo Tello, Paredes, João Alves, João Moutinho, Nani and Romagnoli

Forwards: Alecsandro, Yannick Djaló, Liedson and Bueno

Força SPORTING!!!

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela

Last edited by Filipe Reis; September 26th, 2006 at 12:25.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 66 (permalink) Old September 25th, 2006, 21:47
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester United
I will be keeping a close eye on this game, nice kick off time.
post #3 of 66 (permalink) Old September 25th, 2006, 21:54
BANNED!
Legend

Teams: Argentina, Russia, Greece, Israel, Czech Republic
Forca Sporting.

post #4 of 66 (permalink) Old September 25th, 2006, 22:15
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purger
Forca Sporting.
p

Btw,this is the first Champions league game that will be played in a artificial lawn....
post #5 of 66 (permalink) Old September 25th, 2006, 22:17
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Hey filipe the hour of the game is wrong....:rollani:
post #6 of 66 (permalink) Old September 26th, 2006, 01:30 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleber
Hey filipe the hour of the game is wrong....:rollani:
Come on kleber, I was expecting an expert's insight on the game from Spartak Moscow's forum FM and the best thing you do is to tell me that the hour of the game is wrong

It's wrong if you live in Portugal but I live in Sweden so it's right.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela
post #7 of 66 (permalink) Old September 26th, 2006, 01:57
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe Reis
Come on kleber, I was expecting an expert's insight on the game from Spartak Moscow's forum FM and the best thing you do is to tell me that the hour of the game is wrong

It's wrong if you live in Portugal but I live in Sweden so it's right.
All wrong...hour of the game is where the game will be played,so moscow time,and it is 20.30!:rollani:,because of this many people here believe sporting will play "de tarde"!:rollani:

What do you want to know about Spartak anyway?p
post #8 of 66 (permalink) Old September 26th, 2006, 02:39 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
All wrong...hour of the game is where the game will be played,so moscow time,and it is 20.30!:rollani:,because of this many people here believe sporting will play "de tarde"!:rollani:
kleber, get yourself a watch. Moscow time might be 20h30 but the hour I announced is CET which is 18h30 and end of discussion.

Quote:
What do you want to know about Spartak anyway?p
Whatever you want to tell me. What do you think that realistically and as unbiasedly as possible (although I know that's hard for you p ) are our chances of getting a good result in Moscow?

Nelson Mandela
post #9 of 66 (permalink) Old September 26th, 2006, 03:00
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
kleber, get yourself a watch. Moscow time might be 20h30 but the hour I announced is CET which is 18h30 and end of discussion.

Whatever you want to tell me. What do you think that realistically and as unbiasedly as possible (although I know that's hard for you p ) are our chances of getting a good result in Moscow?
Is not might be, moscow time it is 20.30!:rollani:

Realistic your chances?,i don't know,from what i saw against Rubin,it was the same spartak,nothing special,also not too bad.,an average team who can make the home ground and the artificial lawn an advantage...realistic i will go for a draw...you have to be careful with the corners,"bolas paradas",set pieces......
post #10 of 66 (permalink) Old September 26th, 2006, 03:11 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I've just read now on O Jogo a short interview with the Brazilian CB Gabriel that used to play for Leiria and is now at Rubin Kazan and he said that the danger in Spartak are the wings as apparently their wide backs are very offensive. He said that Sporting should take advantage of that and attack from the wings. Do you think he's right?

He also said that the artificial lawn at Luzhniki is very good so he doesn't feel like that is an advantage for the Russians...although the bumping of the ball is different on a "plastic" turf.

Nelson Mandela
post #11 of 66 (permalink) Old September 26th, 2006, 04:06
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
I've just read now on O Jogo a short interview with the Brazilian CB Gabriel that used to play for Leiria and is now at Rubin Kazan and he said that the danger in Spartak are the wings as apparently their wide backs are very offensive. He said that Sporting should take advantage of that and attack from the wings. Do you think he's right?

He also said that the artificial lawn at Luzhniki is very good so he doesn't feel like that is an advantage for the Russians...although the bumping of the ball is different on a "plastic" turf.
Yeah,also Benachour and Kim(ex Braga) play in Rubin...Benachour was invisible in the game.:thmbdown: ......well Rodriguez the left back is an offensive player,but the rb,Shishkin i don't agree.....

The artificial lawn in the luzhniki from what i know is the best in europe. ,it is always an advantage for Spartak,Sporting is not used to that,anyway is no nightmare because you can play good football on there,maybe it is more difficult to make the long passes,the ball will run to fast when she hits the ground.

I think the weakest link in spartak is the cb's,Jiranek one of their starters Cb,s is in doubt for the game also.
post #12 of 66 (permalink) Old September 26th, 2006, 11:05 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Thanks for your tips, although I know that you will be supporting Spartak on this one.

Quote:
The artificial lawn in the luzhniki from what i know is the best in europe. ,it is always an advantage for Spartak,Sporting is not used to that,anyway is no nightmare because you can play good football on there,maybe it is more difficult to make the long passes,the ball will run to fast when she hits the ground.
Of course Spartak will have a certain advantage as they are used to play on it and we're not, but for the kind of game Sporting plays it's better to have a fast pitch than a muddy and bogged one.

Quote:
I think the weakest link in spartak is the cb's,Jiranek one of their starters Cb,s is in doubt for the game also.
Good...I can very well see Liedson and Yannick running havoc in that defense

Nelson Mandela
post #13 of 66 (permalink) Old September 26th, 2006, 12:25 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Mission in Moscow under the plastic sign

Transl. from A Bola

Sporting arrived last night in Moscow after a quiet five hours trip. The main worry of the Lions' delegation is, for now, the synthetic grass where the game with Spartak will take place. Today, the adaptation training assumes therefore an added importance...

Moscow gifted Sporting with a mild temperature, quite uncommon for these parts when October is almost here. At ten o'clock in the evening of yesterday, when the TP 294290 flight touched the ground at the airport of Russia's capital, the temperature was around 16C ad the sky was clear, much better than what one had at the departure from Lisbon. Optmism and serenity mark, for now, the start of the sportinguista mission in Moscow. The quiet and categoric win at Vila das Aves had the gift of cheering up the team, sending to the dustbin of memory the "hand made" defeat against Paços de Ferreira.

Although the speculations around the starting XI that Paulo Bento will use are still not monopolising the conversations, it seems clear that the fantastic quintet that has been used as backbone of the Lions will remain untouched: Ricardo, Polga, Joăo Moutinho, Nani and Liedson. To these most probably we will see being added, Abel, Tonel, Marco Caneira, Miguel Veloso, Paredes and Alecsandro or Yannick Djaló. Today, after the training, the shape of the team will be more clear, but the joint inclusion of Paredes and Miguel Veloso in the middle seems to be an interesting track to follow.

Oh, the grass...

However, it is in the turf that lie the main worries of Sporting. Tomorrow's game, will be the first in the history of the Champions League to be played on an entirely synthetic pitch. The Portuguese team did not use the plastic pitch they have in Alcochete, on the training made yesterday before embarking to Moscow. Today, Paulo Bento's men will have the chance to do a quick adaptation, looking to measure the speed of the ball and also test different running moves and try the friction caused by the synthetic grass after a fall. It is certain that the pitch will be the same for both teams. But one is used to it and the other is not.

Nelson Mandela
post #14 of 66 (permalink) Old September 26th, 2006, 12:57
Star Player

Teams: Benfica
Good luck to Sporting, we need to prove we deserve 3 teams in the CL.
post #15 of 66 (permalink) Old September 26th, 2006, 13:05 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by o_bEnFiQuIsTa
Good luck to Sporting, we need to prove we deserve 3 teams in the CL.
same to you.

Nelson Mandela
post #16 of 66 (permalink) Old September 26th, 2006, 15:09
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Btw,what portuguese televisions are in moscow apart from Sporttv? ,i am seeing sic noticias and they just show the images of sporting in lisbon...weird?
post #17 of 66 (permalink) Old September 26th, 2006, 18:51 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Btw,what portuguese televisions are in moscow apart from Sporttv? ,i am seeing sic noticias and they just show the images of sporting in lisbon...weird?
probably none...they are more interested in showing "the price is right" :rollani:

Nelson Mandela
post #18 of 66 (permalink) Old September 26th, 2006, 19:14 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Paulo Bento promises a team like the one it has been playing lately in spite of the fact that Sporting will play on a synthetic pitch

Transl. from o Jogo

Paulo Bento, Sporting's coach, gave little importance today in the usual pre-match press conference of the Champions League, to the fact that Sporting will be forced to play on a synthetic pitch tomorrow against Spartak Moscow: "There are more important aspects than the pitch. It is of course something that we need to take into account but then everything one can do on a normal pitch can also be done on a synthetic one, which also have its advantages. For example, there are no holes. As we are good technically, if we'll be organised and we'll be the team that we have been showing to be, even with that adversity, we can go on doing what we've been doing until now and that is certainly what will happen tomorrow".

Nelson Mandela
post #19 of 66 (permalink) Old September 26th, 2006, 19:22
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
probably none...they are more interested in showing "the price is right" :rollani:
LOL ****in' Bob Barker! p

A VENCER DESDE 1893

Oh lampiăo, levaste 5 no Dragăo, nunca te esquecerás desta grande humilhaçăo!

16:01 kat
*little pillows wrestling is another thing Josh does, when he is drunk *
post #20 of 66 (permalink) Old September 26th, 2006, 19:25 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigoIsGod
LOL ****in' Bob Barker! p
I don't know who Bob Barker is but I doubt he is worst than Fernando "Fatso" Mendes

Nelson Mandela

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in