OMT: SPORTING 3-2 Boavista - Alvalade, 26.08.06 - PL Round 1 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old August 25th, 2006, 19:01 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SPORTING CP & Portugal NT
OMT: SPORTING 3-2 Boavista - Alvalade, 26.08.06 - PL Round 1

The Portuguese League starts tonight with the champions Porto hosting their friends from Uniăo de Leiria but Sporting only gets in action tomorrow night hosting Boavista at Alvalade at 22.15 (CET).

Here is the first list of 18 players called to the match:

Goalkeepers: Ricardo and Tiago;
Defenders: Abel, Polga, Tonel, Miguel Veloso, Caneira and Ronny;
Midfielders: Custódio, Carlos Martins, Joăo Moutinho, Douala, Nani, Farnerud and Romagnoli;
Forwards: Bueno, Deivid and Liedson.

SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORTING!!!

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old August 25th, 2006, 19:34 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Boavista to start 2006/07

Sporting starts its participation at Liga Bwin 2006/07 facing a club that is breaking with its past, as it is proven by the high number of players that came in during the Summer pre-season, as well as the affair of changing coach twice since the end of last season.

After Carlos Brito and Jesualdo Ferreira, Boavista will have Pedro Barny leading the team before "passing the briefcase", next week to the Serb Zeljko Petrovic, president João Loureiro's choice for bringing back European nights to Estádio do Bessa.

Taking into account all those changes, it is not easy to guess in which way Boavista will display itself tactically at Alvalade, but certainly it will maintain the strong physical presence, aggressiveness in searching the ball, and fast counter strike.

On Saturday they might show: William on goal; Bessa, Ricardo Silva, Hélder Rosário and Mário Silva in defence; Tiago, Paulo Sousa, Lucas, Zé Manel and Ricardo Sousa on the midfield, and Roland Linz as lone striker.

transl. from www.sporting.pt

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old August 25th, 2006, 21:11
Premier Player

Wo0o0o0o0o0o0o0oW finally we will start .. I'm really exaiting SO good luck for Sporting it'll be a diffcult match but we can do it :rollani:

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old August 26th, 2006, 00:46
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe Reis
Boavista to start 2006/07

Sporting starts its participation at Liga Bwin 2006/07 facing a club that is breaking with its past, as it is proven by the high number of players that came in during the Summer pre-season, as well as the affair of changing coach twice since the end of last season.

After Carlos Brito and Jesualdo Ferreira, Boavista will have Pedro Barny leading the team before "passing the briefcase", next week to the Serb Zeljko Petrovic, president Joăo Loureiro's choice for bringing back European nights to Estádio do Bessa.

Taking into account all those changes, it is not easy to guess in which way Boavista will display itself tactically at Alvalade, but certainly it will maintain the strong physical presence, aggressiveness in searching the ball, and fast counter strike.

On Saturday they might show: William on goal; Bessa, Ricardo Silva, Hélder Rosário and Mário Silva in defence; Tiago, Paulo Sousa, Lucas, Zé Manel and Ricardo Sousa on the midfield, and Roland Linz as lone striker.

transl. from www.sporting.pt

Looking for to see this Linz guy and the return of Ricardo Sousa but i don't think that Boavista defence can handle with Sporting attacking force...

I hope too see Boavista returning to the european cups next season,we need them.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old August 26th, 2006, 13:07 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleber
Looking for to see this Linz guy and the return of Ricardo Sousa but i don't think that Boavista defence can handle with Sporting attacking force...

I hope too see Boavista returning to the european cups next season,we need them.
Yes, I hope you are right about our attacking force and I also hope that Boavista will not use their usual legchopping techniques as we do not need any more injured players besides Paredes.

I don't like Boavista so I am quite happy they are out of Europe. Portugal needs teams that play good football and not that disgraceful cheating team that reached the semis in the UEFA Cup a few years ago.

Bring on quality sides like Braga and hopefully Setúbal when they get their defense playing seriously.

Nelson Mandela
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old August 26th, 2006, 13:27 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Historical overview:
SPORTING vs Boavista

On the heels of the title

Today we will witness the 50th Sporting-Boavista in national championships and the Lions have 150 reasons to smile (as many as the goals they've scored) when they look at the history of their hostings of Boavista. Last season the artist was Tonel that, with his heel, delivered a win to the Alvalade team and kept them fighting for the title.

After a very troubled first half of the league, Sporting got their act together in the second and a series of 10 consecutive wins made them fight for the title with FC Porto until the 30th Round. And it was during that golden streak that Sporting beat Boavista 1-0.

Centre back Tonel dressed himself as an artist and, with his heel, sored for the Lions. The green and white team reached the round and fat number of 150 in their home games with Boavista and nourished the hope of reaching the first spot, as they kept a distance of a mere two points from the leader FC Porto.

Eight of Peyroteo!

In the old books one can only find one single defeat for the Lions home against the Panthers (0-1 in 1975/76) and whoever will be tonight at the Lions' venue should expect a game with goals. In 49 games, only three ended with a blank score and, on the opposite case, 17 ended with 5 or more goals.

The register opens in 1935/36 with an amazing 9-1 for the Alvalade club, which was repeated in 1940/41, when the team of Bessa returned to the 1st Division. In 1948/49 the Five Violins gave a new symphony and, after eight goals - yes, you read it well, eight - from Peyroteo, Boavista returned to Porto bowed to an overwhelming 12-1.

On a much more recent past it's still in the memory of sportinguistas the 6-1 win that José Peseiro's squad (2004/05) toasted Jaime Pacheco's team — Hugo Viana got a brace being the other goals scored by Douala, Custódio, Liedson and Pinilla, while Flores scored for the panthers.

transl. from A Bola

Nelson Mandela
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old August 26th, 2006, 17:29
Premier Player

thanks Filipe for the transletion .. the result in season 1935/36 was amazing ehehehehehe impossiable is nothing maybe we'll see this result again tonight :rollani:
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2006, 03:31
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Teams: INTER & Tottenham Hotspur
EUROWATCH: SPORTING WIN LEAGUE OPENER
Sunday, 27 August 2006 03:15:52

LISBON - Champions League Group B opponents Sporting Lisbon began their domestic season with a 3-2 victory over Boavista.

SPORTING 3-2 BOAVISTA

Scorers: Zé Manel 16, 90, Nani 63, Deivid 66, 90

SPORTING: Ricardo, Abel (Ronny 45), Polga, Tonel, Custódio (Nani 45), Caneira, Carlos Martins, Romagnoli, João Moutinho, Liedson, Carlos Bueno (Deivid 58)

BOAVISTA: William, Hélder Rosário, Ricardo Silva, Cissé, Mário Silva, Tiago, Kazmierczak, Zé Manuel, Lucas (Hugo Monteiro 74), Grzelak (Ricardo Sousa 67) Linz (Fary 79)

Referee: Lucílio Baptista (Setúbal)

Booked: Abel (4), Ricardo Silva (16), Grzelar (25), William (28)

Sent off: Ricardo Sousa (69)

inter.it

My heart = INTER...No Matter Win or Lose...

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2006, 12:21 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Portuguese League 2006/07
1st Round

Estádio José Alvalade, Lisbon (34.330 att.)
27th August 2006
21:15 (local time)
Ref: Lucílio Baptista (Setúbal)

SPORTING 3-2 Boavista
(Nani 63', Deivid 66', 89'; Zé Manel 16', 90+1')

-------------------------------------------------------------------

SPORTING - Ricardo; Abel (Ronny HT), Anderson Polga, Tonel, Marco Caneira; Custódio (Nani HT), Carlos Martins, Joăo Moutinho, Romagnoli; Bueno (Deivid 59') and Liedson.

Subs not used: Tiago, Miguel Veloso, Farnerud, Douala.
Coach: Paulo Bento

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Boavista - William; Hélder Rosário, Ricardo Silva, Cissé, Mário Silva; Lucas (Hugo Monteiro 74'), Tiago, Kazmierczak, Zé Manel, Grzelak (Ricardo Sousa 66'); Linz (Fary 79').

Subs not used: Peter Jehle, Leonardo, Fernando Dinis, Essame.
Coach: Pedro Barny

------------------------------------------------------------------
Booked: Abel (SCP 4'), Ricardo Silva (BFC 16'), Grzelak (BFC 25'), William (BFC 28'), Liedson (SCP 87'), Tonel (SCP 90+2'), Ricardo (SCP 90+3')
Sent Off: Ricardo Sousa (BFC 70')
------------------------------------------------------------------

I did not follow the game in any way as I had the visit of two friends of mine coming from Portugal...sometimes there are thigs even more important than football.

However after reading reports on the game from different sources it looks like Sporting accused on the first half the huge expectations that seem to have been created around the good results of the pre-season.
Fortunately the quality of our players came up in the second half and it was by irony, or not, the man that did his last game for us, Deivid, to solve the match with two goals.

I just want to say...

Obrigado Deivid, it's been good to know you!
Good luck with Fenerbahce!

Now, let's hope we can get one striker in the 4 days left to close the transfer window.

Nelson Mandela
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2006, 16:11
Rising Star

Teams: Santos FC, Uruguay
how did bueno performed?
hope good instead of not making a goal hehehe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in