International

Celtic v Sporting Lisbon

The battle of the beautiful Green & White Hoops. Tonight at Celtic Park, 7.45pm

Any Sporting fans on the forums at all?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old July 21st, 2005, 13:21
International

There's a few, but they've been posting less and less because of vacation, and there's not much to discuss right now during the off-season.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old July 21st, 2005, 13:28 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeiraMarense
There's a few, but they've been posting less and less because of vacation, and there's not much to discuss right now during the off-season.
Oh well, if anyone wants to download the game it should be on the Celtic Multimedia thread in our forum later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Come on the Hoops!

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old July 21st, 2005, 13:36
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Henrik
Oh well, if anyone wants to download the game it should be on the Celtic Multimedia thread in our forum later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Come on the Hoops!
Sounds good; was looking through the TV Schedule but it doesn't seem as if it's being carried by any station over here so I'll give it a check later on.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old July 21st, 2005, 16:24
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Henrik
Any Sporting fans on the forums at all?
Yes I just want to see what Peseiro has been doing to the team lately.

Oh, and before I forget, I have to congratulate you on the great choice of colors
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old July 21st, 2005, 20:50
Rising Star

ht: Celtic 2 x Sporting 1

Sporting had possession for the first 20 minutes, looking fluid in midfield and comfortable on the ball. Os Le§nes took the lead on a long shot that deflected of Celtic defender (Balde) and went in. (sorry did not catch the name of the scorer.)

Celtic hit back on a goal by Irish international Aiden McGeedy (shot from outside the area that beat goalie Ricardo to his lower right hand corner. Wales internationist John Hartson put Celtic ahead when he timed his run onto a pass from Petrov to break in alone on Ricardo (re-play showed Hartson was on-side, and Sporting didn't dispute it). The goalie did well to block Hartson's first attempt, but the rebound broke to Hartson who made no mistake the second time.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old July 21st, 2005, 21:49
Rising Star

final: 2 x 2

Douala scored the tying goal in the last kick of the game to rescue a empate for SL. He had scored the first SL goal in the 13th minute.

Typical pre-season game that benfitted both sides. Both sides shuttled in players in the second half.

Don't know SL at all so I cannot give our SL friends any great insight EXCEPT to say that Rochemback was the best SL player by a mile. Very impressive in midfielf and the commentators on the Celtic telecast admired him. bom ga˙cho! Liedson was a little rusty, getting caught off-sides. Ricardo pulled off a wonder reflex save from Hartson in the second half.

Boa Sorte a SL for 2005-06!

eugene
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old July 21st, 2005, 22:03
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugene
Sporting had possession for the first 20 minutes, looking fluid in midfield and comfortable on the ball. Os Le§nes took the lead on a long shot that deflected of Celtic defender (Balde) and went in. (sorry did not catch the name of the scorer.)

Celtic hit back on a goal by Irish international Aiden McGeedy (shot from outside the area that beat goalie Ricardo to his lower right hand corner. Wales internationist John Hartson put Celtic ahead when he timed his run onto a pass from Petrov to break in alone on Ricardo (re-play showed Hartson was on-side, and Sporting didn't dispute it). The goalie did well to block Hartson's first attempt, but the rebound broke to Hartson who made no mistake the second time.
Doula scored both goals.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old July 22nd, 2005, 10:50 Thread Starter
International

I was at the game, both teams played well - good attacking football on show from Celtic and Sporting.

For me Sporting's best player was the black lad on the left wing, he was an absolute speed demon with excellent skill - i think he might have been the guy who scored both goals actually.

Just a shame we conceded the last minute goal to rob Gordon Strachan of a win on his home managerial debut.

PS - The game will be on the Celtic forum available to download at 2pm for anyone interested.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old July 22nd, 2005, 12:53
International

Yeah, that's be Doula. Only black midfielder on the first-team if I'm not mistaken.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in