Ricardo Quaresma - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2003, 21:09 Thread Starter
Star Player

Ricardo Quaresma

wondering if anyone could give me some information about this dude. i knew he was gonna be a great star from champ manager (never lies) but after watching his single handed demolition of England's entire defence I am left astonished by this brilliant talent.

Jaw dropping, his ball skills are quite simply the best I have seen since Denilson, and yet with Ricardo there actually is an end product!

Any kind of information would be much appreciated, thx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2003, 22:14
Star Player

He's 19 years old, currently plays for Sporting Lisbon, the same team Luis Figo played for in his youth.

Widely considered to be the aire to Luis Figo in Portugal.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old March 29th, 2003, 10:49 Thread Starter
Star Player

from what Is aw last night the Figo comparisons are spot on, but this guy appears to have even more natural talent than figo!

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old March 29th, 2003, 15:39
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Portugal, SL Benfica, Manchester United
Yes, the youngster is truly remarkable. That last goal was just beautiful, I was left in awe.

O GLORIOSO

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2003, 05:14
Rookie

Guys, Could anybody comment on news article I've read that Quaresma and Ronaldo from Sporting have both been signed by Real Madrid. According to the article they both will remain with their current club and will join Real in 2 seasons.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2003, 07:49
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Teams: INTER & Tottenham Hotspur
Premiership Duo Chase Quaresma
Latest News | Latest Transfer News | News Archive

Robson to raid Sporting again? (Allsport)
04/01/2003. Manchester United and Newcastle are among a host of top European clubs are chasing Sporting Lisbon's Ricardo Quaresma, according to the Daily Telegraph.

The reports claims Inter Milan and Juventus are both also interested in the ?0m rated U-21 international, who recently produced a classy performance against England's youngsters.

Quaresma has long been linked with Manchester United, whose assistant manager, Carlos Queiroz, used to coach Sporting Lisbon, while United have established links with the Portuguese club.

Newcastle's Bobby Robson was at Friday's U-21 match and he too has links with the club, as he coached them during the 1990's, while he also signed Hugo Viana from them last summer.

soccerage

My heart = INTER...No Matter Win or Lose...

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2003, 07:51
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Teams: INTER & Tottenham Hotspur
Quote:
Originally posted by Azik
Guys, Could anybody comment on news article I've read that Quaresma and Ronaldo from Sporting have both been signed by Real Madrid. According to the article they both will remain with their current club and will join Real in 2 seasons.
where did u read that?? and what source?? can u give me the link??

My heart = INTER...No Matter Win or Lose...

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2003, 09:12
Rookie

I've read it in Real Russia fan site. Realmadrid.ru. The article was written on 6th April. It said that they will join in 2005. Nothing mentioned about the price.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2003, 09:36 Thread Starter
Star Player

it was written in 4 days time then
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2003, 09:40
Terraknux

Neat trick!
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2003, 10:05
Rookie

Sorry guys I meant March of course
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2003, 10:22
CUG
Legend

Teams: Juventus
i think he'll be in italy.........i dont see real madrid signing him.....they will try for becks...they only buy that one top player each season and they'll forget about the defence again
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2003, 16:04
Star Player

Teams: Portugal, Sporting
I hope Q doesn't go to Italy...

...and I don't think Real is serious about getting Becks. Think about it, if Becks goes to Madrid, it will be pretty hard for him to get a spot in a starting line up. As Valdano said earlier this week, the rumour that Figo could be traded to Man U for Beckham was an insult to the negotiators at REAL.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2003, 01:07
International

I doubt Madrid have signed Quaresma. Unfortunately, I think Man Utd. will have the final say. Man U are looking to sell players, so I think an exchange might happen between Sporting and Manchester United.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in