Porto in 06/07 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 435 (permalink) Old August 22nd, 2006, 10:00 Thread Starter
pun
International

Porto in 06/07

all right fellas, now that Ferreira has replaced Co 'I don't play any young talent' Adriaanse, its time for the new season.

First of all, a sidenote, anyone noticing how well Diego has started @ Bremen? Farking Adriaanse! I have no doubts that Ferreira would've used Diego. So far @ Bremen in the Bundesliga against two very good opponents, Diego has 4 assists and 1 goal, he's impressed so much so that they've compared him to Maradona (lol). Hopefully Diego continues his good form! Also, Big Hugo Almeida @ Bremen has scored 2 goals in 2 matches, both off the bench, thank god this is only a loan!

all right, lets go through the team.

Keepers: Helton is fine and if he is struggling, we have Vitor Baia!

Defence: The problem, IMO. With Emanuel out for a while, it doesn't help at all. Bosingwa & Pepe are given in the back three, but who partners them until Pedro is back? R. Costa & Bruno Alves are unreliable as seen in the past (still can't believe Costa made the World Cup squad, LOL!). Haven't seen too much of Joao Paulo so that leaves a left back in Cech. Very concerning is defence, I think that back 3 will struggle badly in the CL.

Midfield: Our strength and the great thing is the rest of Europe doesn't know too much about it.
Ibson & Assuncao will continue to improve, both are good young players and I can see especially Ibson all ready is a fan favourite.
The new boys, Valente & Tarik. Valente's talents are known, if we're lacking width, he comes in. Tarik has impressed me, never heard of him and he is the ugly and less skillful version of Quaresma, LOL!.
Meirless, the hammer, our new Costinha. I remember Arsene Wenger praising him, I must say I wasn't too impressed, that was last season, but he proved me wrong, I'll be surprised if he isn't in the Euro 2008 squad for Portugal, but then again we are talking about Scolari.
Then there is the special three; Lucho, Quaresma & Anderson. Lucho is one of the best two way midfielders in the world, thank god Chelsea, Madrid & Inter rumours weren't true. Quaresma, I hope to god Adriaanse wasn't the reason he transformed into the best winger in Europe and that he doesn't turn intot he old ciganito, but I have faith in him. Then that leaves the wonderkid, AnderSHOW I saw him first hand playing for the B team last year, and there is a reason why they're calling him the new Ronaldinho in Brasil. We all saw what he did in the World Youth Cup and his performances in pre season, he is gonna be an absolute legend at the Dragao, will go down as one of the greats!

Attack: also of concern IMO. Adriaanse was right in trying to sign us a striker, PDC was tightass didn't and now we have to move on with the return of POSTIGA (LOL :embarass: )....
I still prefer Lisandro ahead of Adriano, I reckon he's better in the air and we need to take advantage of Quaresma's great crosses, and Adriano just doesn't do that enough, we need that type of striker in the CL especially. Hopefully Vierinha continues his great form and turns into our 2nd wonderkid.p
Get rid of Alan, Jorginho & Sokota, absolute rubbish.

pun's starting XI for 06/07:

...........................................Helton. ............................................
...........Bosingwa...................Emanuel..... ....................Pepe............
..........................................Meirless ............................................
.....................Lucho........................ ........Ibson.............................
..........................................Anderson ..........................................
..........Quaresma...................Lisandro..... .....................Tarik............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 435 (permalink) Old August 22nd, 2006, 11:26
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
Xtratime Legend

Teams: In Immers we trust
welcome to XT

You are right about the defence. Porto should strengthen it. Maybe Ajaxs Grygera is a good player for in the back ?
post #3 of 435 (permalink) Old August 22nd, 2006, 13:16
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SPORTING CP & Portugal NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by pun
Meirless, the hammer, our new Costinha. I remember Arsene Wenger praising him, I must say I wasn't too impressed, that was last season, but he proved me wrong, I'll be surprised if he isn't in the Euro 2008 squad for Portugal, but then again we are talking about Scolari.
It's Raúl Meireles and he is not that good.

Welcome to XT!

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela

post #4 of 435 (permalink) Old August 23rd, 2006, 00:36
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Welcome Pun.
post #5 of 435 (permalink) Old August 23rd, 2006, 02:15
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Portugal, SL Benfica, Manchester United
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe Reis
It's Raúl Meireles and he is not that good.

Welcome to XT!
That's true, he's no Manelele

Welcome to Xtratime pun

O GLORIOSO

post #6 of 435 (permalink) Old August 26th, 2006, 06:42
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by O Glorioso
That's true, he's no Manelele
Or no Custodionerinha p

A VENCER DESDE 1893

Oh lampião, levaste 5 no Dragão, nunca te esquecerás desta grande humilhação!

16:01 kat
*little pillows wrestling is another thing Josh does, when he is drunk *
post #7 of 435 (permalink) Old August 26th, 2006, 07:44 Thread Starter
pun
International

I rate Fernandes more than I do with RM, but he's no Makelele, far from it.

Good win by Porto in the season opener, Lucho surprisingly played and did okay.
Adriano started ahead of Lisandro and it paid off, with Tarik (hands up if you'd heard of him before Porto signed him?) crossing for his goal. Then a good move between the special two; AnderSHOW and Quaresma resulting in ciganito scoring the second.
Porto were poor after the break with Leira puling one back.

Still happy with the result, at the moment I just want some wins and some decent performances so by the time the Champions League comes around, the team is one and can play well with each other.
I truly believe we've got the group of death, I said it before the draw anyone who gets Hamburg (POT 4) is gonna have the group of death and with CSKA and Arsenal in the group as well, its gonna be hard for Porto.
IMO the key is gonna be Tarik. Lucho, Adriano, Anderson and Quaresma will be targeted by those teams, that leaves Tarik as the unkown and potential x factor.
post #8 of 435 (permalink) Old August 26th, 2006, 08:52
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Anderson will not be targeted or specially marked by teams in Europe yet. They've probably never seen him play live for God's sake. He'll be covered soon, though.

Very impressed with Tarik yesterday, I didn't expect such a solid showing. I felt Quaresma could've been better and had stretches where he tuned out, but of course he always has a big influence on the outcome of the game.

Anyways, 3 points is 3 points, like you said, amigo.

A VENCER DESDE 1893

Oh lampião, levaste 5 no Dragão, nunca te esquecerás desta grande humilhação!

16:01 kat
*little pillows wrestling is another thing Josh does, when he is drunk *
post #9 of 435 (permalink) Old August 26th, 2006, 12:49
International

Quaresma's out for a month.
post #10 of 435 (permalink) Old August 26th, 2006, 12:59
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pun
Tarik (hands up if you'd heard of him before Porto signed him?) crossing for his goal.
Unfortunately there is no smilie with a hand up so I'll just have to shout "me!". If you watch Eurogoals on Eurosport every Monday night you know who Tarik Sektioui is as AZ Alkmaar is not exactly an unknown team in Europe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pun
I truly believe we've got the group of death, I said it before the draw anyone who gets Hamburg (POT 4) is gonna have the group of death and with CSKA and Arsenal in the group as well, its gonna be hard for Porto.
Do you honestly think that Hamburg is a key factor to call any group, The Group of Death?
What about those teams that got Bayern and Werder Bremen in their groups together with Inter and Barcelona??

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela
post #11 of 435 (permalink) Old August 26th, 2006, 14:19
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeiraMarense
Quaresma's out for a month.
yep...

----------------------
Quaresma partiu o maxilar
in MaisFutebol

Ricardo Quaresma partiu o maxilar em resultado de uma cotovelada de Tixier, defesa da União de Leiria, na abertura da Liga.

A lesão foi confirmada ao Maisfutebol por fonte ligada ao FC Porto. O tempo de paragem ainda não está definido, embora o jornal «O Jogo» aponte para quatro semanas.

A lesão de Quaresma aconteceu aos 64 minutos, fruto de uma entrada violenta de Tixier que o árbitro nem puniu.

Quaresma é ausência certa nos primeiros jogos da selecção, na fase de apuramento para o Euro 2008.

----------------------------------------------

A flying elbow of a União Leiria defender broke his jaw

...and never the old Portuguese saying was so divinely correct:
"Quem semeia ventos colhe tempestades"...which means something like "He who seeds winds will reap storms."

Nelson Mandela
post #12 of 435 (permalink) Old August 26th, 2006, 15:13
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quaresma injurie is as big blow for Porto....will he recover for Arsenal game!?
post #13 of 435 (permalink) Old August 27th, 2006, 00:12 Thread Starter
pun
International

fark, major major blow. Massive blow, enormous blow!!!

hopefully Vierinha takes his place and not Alan, this is gonna hurt Porto big time.
post #14 of 435 (permalink) Old August 27th, 2006, 00:14
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pun
fark, major major blow. Massive blow, enormous blow!!!

hopefully Vierinha takes his place and not Alan, this is gonna hurt Porto big time.
Camd down Pun,maybe Jorginho will take his place!
post #15 of 435 (permalink) Old August 27th, 2006, 01:33
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SL Benfica
hope he recovers soon, that must have hurt, poor guy

"there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"

"rocks on my path? i keep them all , one day i'll build a castle"
post #16 of 435 (permalink) Old August 27th, 2006, 01:39
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SL Benfica
welcome Pun

"there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"

"rocks on my path? i keep them all , one day i'll build a castle"
post #17 of 435 (permalink) Old August 27th, 2006, 02:55 Thread Starter
pun
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleber
Camd down Pun,maybe Jorginho will take his place!
you're supposed to calm me down.....lol...

If Jorginho or Alan take his place in the Champions League we're stuffed. Vierinha or Valente should take his place.

good win by Sporting this morning (I say that only because I like Nani and its good to see him score).
post #18 of 435 (permalink) Old August 27th, 2006, 13:38
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pun
you're supposed to calm me down.....lol...

If Jorginho or Alan take his place in the Champions League we're stuffed. Vierinha or Valente should take his place.

good win by Sporting this morning (I say that only because I like Nani and its good to see him score).
Well according to Record Quaresma can return against Amadora.
post #19 of 435 (permalink) Old September 10th, 2006, 22:28
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

A boring and poor game today,Porto won 3-0 against Amadora who show almost nothing during the 90 min....

Great goal by Raul Meireles.
post #20 of 435 (permalink) Old September 11th, 2006, 08:23 Thread Starter
pun
International

decent effort by the boys, once again I couldn't care how we won as long as we won and had no more injuries for the game against CSKA.

Some notes; was I imagining things or did Postiga actually have a decent game? Lisandro shouldn't have been taken off, but it worked.

Also, this just goes to show how pathetic Ricardo Costa is, Bruno Alves started ahead of him and did a okay job, take note, Scolari. Great to see Lucho on the scoresheet, even though I would've liked Anderson to go for goal, unlucky was Andershow, hit the bar and then was very unselfiish....hopefully he outshines CSKA's Brasilian players this week.

ps. if ever Miguel isn't fit for the NT and Ferreira is still farking up and Nelson is still not ready, Scolari should give a call to Bosingwa.

forca PORTO!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in