post #2 of 58 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2006, 13:09
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SPORTING CP & Portugal NT
Última Hora
in O Jogo
13h01

Futebol/FC Porto: Co Adriaanse ter-se-á demitido de treinador

Segundo informações veiculadas pela Rádio Renascença e disponíveis em diversos orgãos de informação holandeses, Co Adriaanse o até aqui técnico do FC Porto ter-se-á demitido das suas funções alegando que “já não conseguia trabalhar com o presidente...”. Segundo informações obtidas na Holanda, onde a equipa portista terminou o seu estágio, Adriaanse já não viajará hoje com a equipa para Inglaterra onde o FC Porto defronta amanhã o Portsmouth.

:eekani:

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela
post #3 of 58 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2006, 15:34
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudjohnsen7
He left Porto, apparently Porto doesnt have any money
LMAO

Please, get real. Has nothing to do with money, Porto has plenty.

It was an ongoing saga between Pinto da Costa and Adriaanse.

All the same, let's all laugh at Porto...

Not to mention Co left partly because he finally came to the realization that he would get clobbered in Europe by teams like Artmedia again if he used a retarded defence consisting of three men.

They had the money for the Dutch forward, but I think PDC was tired of Co's insistance on the Dutch market.

post #4 of 58 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2006, 15:42
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeiraMarense
LMAO

Please, get real. Has nothing to do with money, Porto has plenty.

It was an ongoing saga between Pinto da Costa and Adriaanse.

All the same, let's all laugh at Porto...
Porto has a lot of money regarding the other Portuguese clubs but the fact is that they considered 8M Euros too much to buy JV Hesselink.

I think that this time Bimbo da Costa miscalculated his tough guy approach with the coach and blew it biiiiiig time.

In any case these are excellent news for us and Benfica as although Porto have a very good squad it will be very hard for any new coach to have the team playing smoothly at such a late stage of the pre-season.

Quote:
Not to mention Co left partly because he finally came to the realization that he would get clobbered in Europe by teams like Artmedia again if he used a retarded defence consisting of three men.
If that would be true then why wouldn't he simply change his tactics?

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela
post #5 of 58 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2006, 15:50
Rising Star

Teams: SL Benfica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe Reis
Take a close look at their squad. They have no RBs or LBs (the best they have is Bosingwa and Cech), only 2 good CB and one of them is getting too old and slow.
The squad was created to play in 334 and it will be fun to see what a new coach will do.
post #6 of 58 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2006, 15:50
International

Quote:
Porto has a lot of money regarding the other Portuguese clubs but the fact is that they considered 8M Euros too much to buy JV Hesselink.

I think that this time Bimbo da Costa miscalculated his tough guy approach with the coach and blew it biiiiiig time.
Agree. And 8 M euros for Hesslink was too much, I agree with PDC on that point. For 8 M euros he could buy better forwards.

Quote:
I dunno why wouldn't he have changed them after getting spanked by ARTMEDIA twice?
post #7 of 58 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2006, 15:55
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
I dunno why wouldn't he have changed them after getting spanked by ARTMEDIA twice?
The problem is not with the system but with the players that he has to put it into practice.
A 3 defenders system with the current Porto defensive players is suicidal in Europe but apparently it was good enough for them to dominate last year's domestic season.

Nelson Mandela
post #8 of 58 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2006, 16:18
International

The video of what really happened!

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/pl...php?id=1527808
post #9 of 58 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2006, 19:12
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Adriaanse calls time on Porto
Wednesday, 9 August 2006
in uefa.com

Co Adriaanse has resigned as coach of FC Porto on the eve of the season after winning a Portuguese double in 2005/06.

Official statement

A club statement said: "Jacobus Adriaanse, Porto's head coach, handed in his resignation on Wednesday and has already said goodbye to all the players. He did not lead this morning's training session. He opted not to join the team on their trip to England where Porto will have a number of training sessions and matches."

Permanent replacement

Ex-Porto player Rui Barros has stepped in as caretaker with the UEFA Champions League group stage contenders expected to announce a permanent successor soon. Former AZ Alkmaar coach Adriaanse, 59, was installed at the Porto helm last May, taking charge on 4 July to replace current Portugal Under-21 chief José Couceiro.

Nelson Mandela
post #10 of 58 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2006, 21:39
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
This might be good for Porto in the end....Adriaanse is no coach for a european porto.:thmbdown:
post #11 of 58 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2006, 22:19
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

wow, so pinto da costa blew it again ( is he trying to break some record regarding nº of coach changes?)

i agree Co is far from having done a good work with porto (they won the title but more from koeman's inability and sportings lack of "human ressources" during the 1st half of the season, and of coz from the obvious quality of porto's squad, than from Co's specific work...)

but its true that some things are not very "undertsandable", namely why porto is being so picky on buying players....they have money...or at least should have considering the fortune they won in the past few years (even with the fortune they lost of bad transfers they still should have a lot of $ available to invest in the squad)

i reckon pdc may be fed up with some of Co's decisions...namely the way he got rid of postiga and diego, and the failure that represented some of his personal choices

"there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"

"rocks on my path? i keep them all , one day i'll build a castle"
post #12 of 58 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2006, 00:42
World Class Player

Whatever the reasoning behind all that, it will leave Porto in an estate of chaos so close to the seasons kick off, which can only be good for Benfica and Sporting who seem likely so to gather the rare spots of direct CL-gualification. Co is my man of the day!
post #13 of 58 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2006, 00:54 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Legend

Teams: Barça
I'm happy Adriaanse left Porto, because the Porto fans really are an ungrateful bunch. Winning a double with a team visibly less good as Mourinho's Porto, but still the fans are not happy. Give Adriaanse the team Porto had with Mourinho and he would've conquered Europe as well.
post #14 of 58 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2006, 03:42
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudjohnsen7
I'm happy Adriaanse left Porto, because the Porto fans really are an ungrateful bunch. Winning a double with a team visibly less good as Mourinho's Porto, but still the fans are not happy. Give Adriaanse the team Porto had with Mourinho and he would've conquered Europe as well.
Of course, but, Mourinho assembled his team with less budget than Adriaanse has.

Sure. You could give two million dollars to a poor guy and that guy could be a millionaire too, but there's not much to it.

Mourinho went out and bought Paulo Ferreira, brought up Ricci, and had a great tactic. Co could've NEVER won the CL, even if he was smart enough to somehow get the same team Mourinho did, because he'd be dumb and stubborn enough to put them into a ridiculous 3-4-3, or something more ridiculous.

Portistas have a right to be pissed because there was no reason for Porto to lose to Artmedia, but thanks to Co's inadequancy, they did.

I bet if he was coaching Barcelona and led them to get humiliated by some random team like Artmedia, you'd feel differently on the issue.

Last edited by BeiraMarense; August 10th, 2006 at 03:56.
post #15 of 58 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2006, 20:20
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Renascença is saying that Jesualdo Ferreira might be the new Porto coach.......
post #16 of 58 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2006, 20:49
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleber
Renascença is saying that Jesualdo Ferreira might be the new Porto coach.......
If that happens the already smooth relations between Valentão & Valentinho and Bimbo da Costa will reach peaks of pleasure

Nelson Mandela
post #17 of 58 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2006, 21:48
World Class Player

Isn't Jesualdo bound to Boavista?
post #18 of 58 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2006, 21:56
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

im sure he will be more than pleased to be bound to porto's $

"there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"

"rocks on my path? i keep them all , one day i'll build a castle"
post #19 of 58 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2006, 22:02
World Class Player

very true so, I just read he's discussing the Porto offers with Boavista officials.
post #20 of 58 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2006, 22:57
International

Jesualdo?

PDC has forgotten the last time he coached a big team...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in