Friday 4th August

Manchester United v FC Porto
19:00 hours CET

Saturday 5th August

FC Porto v Internazionale
19:00 hours CET

www.lgamsterdamtournament.com
--------------

So what new players of Porto are we expected to see?

I am excited to see that Anderson kid, hopefully he'll justify the hype.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2006, 02:22
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Teams: INTER & Tottenham Hotspur
22 PLAYERS FOR AMSTERDAM, LONDON, NAPLES
Thursday, 03 August 2006 09:56:02
MILAN - Roberto Mancini has named a 22-player squad for the upcoming Amsterdam Tournament matches against Ajax (21:15, Friday 4 August) and Porto (19:00, Saturday 5 August), the friendly match against Watford (Tuesday 8 August) and the Birra Moretti Trophy (Friday 11 August):

Goalkeepers: Francesco Toldo, Julio Cesar, Fabian Carini

Defenders: Marco Andreolli, Leonardo Bonucci, Ivan Cordoba, Simone Fautario, Douglas Maicon, Daniele Marino, Walter Samuel, Javier Zanetti

Midfielders: Tjani Belaid, Esteban Cambiasso, Cesar, Olivier Dacourt, David Pizarro, Santiago Solari, Dejan Stankovic

Strikers: Adriano, Lampros Choutos, Obafemi Martins, Goran Slavkovski

inter.it

My heart = INTER...No Matter Win or Lose...

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2006, 19:02 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester United
Pathetic divers.

It's a pre season ffs and you cheat to get somebody sent off, this was hardly a cup final eh?

Be ashamed.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old August 5th, 2006, 03:37
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Inter held in Amsterdam Friday 4 August, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A late equaliser saw Ajax hold Inter to a 1-1 draw in the Amsterdam Tournament this evening after Santiago Solari’s opener.

The Nerazzurri took the lead with their first real scoring opportunity at the Amsterdam Arena after 18 minutes of play. Dejan Stankovic pushed forward from midfield and his shot was parried into the path of Solari for a left-foot finish.

The home side fought back after the break and Francesco Toldo saw a Rosales angled drive whistle wide, then former Milan star Jaap Stam rose to nod a corner kick just past the post.

The Dutch outfit continued to pour on the pressure with Wesley Sneijder going close and Toldo forced into a fine save on Huntelaar’s close-range effort.

Just as Inter thought they had rode out the storm, Ajax equalised with four minutes left on the clock. Sneijder’s curling effort from distance slotted into the top corner despite Toldo getting a touch to the ball.

The Amsterdam Tournament is held every summer and this year sees Inter, Ajax, Porto and Manchester United challenge for the trophy.

In the other match, Manchester United beat Porto 3-1 despite seeing Wayne Rooney and Paul Scholes sent off. Fresh from his dismissal for stamping on a Portuguese opponent in the World Cup quarter-final, Rooney saw red for elbowing Pepe.

Ajax 1-1 Inter
Scorers: Solari 18 (I), Sneijder 86 (A)
Ajax: Stekelenburg, Vermaelen, Stam, Vertonghen (Maduro 46), De Mul, Sneijder, Ogararu, Gabri, Emanuelson, Huntelaar (Manucharyan 73), Perez (Rosales 46)
Inter: Toldo, Maicon, Cordoba, Samuel (Andreolli 77), Cesar; Stankovic, Pizarro, Dacourt (Cambiasso 66), Zanetti, Solari (Adriano 63), Martins (Choutos 77)

channel4

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old August 5th, 2006, 10:48
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SL Benfica
i didnt see the game, so i wont comment on the "diving" (most likely pre-season typical tiredness) but i did hear rooney got expelled yet again for agression? its just a pre-season game innit

"there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"

"rocks on my path? i keep them all , one day i'll build a castle"
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old August 5th, 2006, 13:21
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Nitti
Pathetic divers.

It's a pre season ffs and you cheat to get somebody sent off, this was hardly a cup final eh?

Be ashamed.
Who should be ashamed are you guys,and players like Rooney and Scholes,but realy i will not lose my time to talk about what everyones knows about the english players.....

About the game,Porto is worst than last year,they need badly a RB and a Striker at least...

Realy is pathetic to see Porto who made around 120 millions euros on transfers in the last two years not having money to buy players.

I wonder if they didn't sell this players! ,close doors!?
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old August 5th, 2006, 14:18
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

im pretty sure porto will be upthere on the race for the title as usual...its just pre season

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old August 5th, 2006, 14:25
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by inacio
im pretty sure porto will be upthere on the race for the title as usual...its just pre season
Come on Inacio.p ,i was talking about being a european competitive team and you come with the portuguese leaguep ....with big asshole ENGENHEIRO DO PENTA and Sporting junior team is not too difficult Porto again to win the title. :rollani:
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old August 5th, 2006, 14:49
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

win? hey hey hey...who said anything about winning?!? p

knock on wood!

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old August 5th, 2006, 22:23
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
Cech :eekani:

as for Adriano, reckon Ome Co'll stick with him and not get another striker seeing that he's been priced out of getting Vennegoor?

if I were Co, I'd start getting a couple new defenders though. Can't play in Europe with some of those guys.

Lex Immers - Pace & power. Holland's #1 box to box player

Feyenoord forum - the place to talk about this phenomenon

Ronald Koeman "Oranje kan Immers goed gebruiken"

Fred Rutten "Feyenoord heeft Immers nodig"

Van Marwijk over Lex Immers: 'Stille kracht van Feyenoord'

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

Last edited by Jenas; August 5th, 2006 at 22:34.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old August 6th, 2006, 00:00
Star Player

Teams: Benfica
They're not bad, problem is that Co is thinking he can use an all out attack side in the CL. The result was shown on both these games and last year's CL. They attack well and in numbers, but they leave very few players at the back. This system works in the portuguese league where he needs to open up tight defences, but the CL is a completely different story.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old August 6th, 2006, 06:13
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Martins inspires Inter win Saturday 5 August, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Obafemi Martins was the star in Inter’s 3-2 victory over Porto for the Amsterdam Tournament this evening.

The Nerazzurri had started fairly well in the friendly competition with Friday’s 1-1 draw against hosts Ajax, but really stepped up a gear 24 hours later, even if again they looked short on steam in the closing stages.

It was a bright opening for Roberto Mancini’s men, who broke through early on when Adriano’s fierce strike was parried into the path of David Pizarro.

By the time the clock turned to the eighth minute of play, the Italians were 2-0 up thanks to Martins hooking a long ball forward and sliding his left-foot finish past Vitor Baia.

Alan struck the upright for Porto and Inter’s midfield seemed to struggle a little with three left-footed players – Cesar, Santiago Solari and Esteban Cambiasso – balanced out only by Pizarro on the centre-right.

Nonetheless, Adriano again forced a fine save from the goalkeeper before Martins took advantage of a defensive error to make it 3-0 with a powerful effort.

Inter are still a long way from match fitness, though, and lost concentration in the closing stages of the game. Goalkeeper Julio Cesar’s howler allowed Porto’s Adriano to score and a Cech overhead kick gave the scoreline more dignity for the defeated side.

Cesar Aparecido, already tense on Friday after a scuffle with teammate Pizarro over a free kick, was sent off for a reaction foul.

Inter 3-2 Porto
Scorers: Pizarro 7 (I), Martins 8, 38 (I), Adriano 80 (P), Cech 90 (P)
Sent off: Cesar

Inter: Julio Cesar; Zanetti, Andreolli, Samuel, Fautario (Maicon 72), Cambiasso (Marino 87), Pizarro (Cordoba 46), Solari, Cesar, Adriano (Slavkovski 87), Martins (Choutos 87)
Porto: Vitor Baia; Quaresma, Alves (Anderson 62), Joao Paulo (Vierinha 62), Ezequia, Ibson, Alan (Pedro Assuncao 62), Valente, Adriano, Jorginho (Cech 76), Ricardo Costa (Pedro Emanuel 62)

channel4

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old February 28th, 2007, 22:11
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showth...=185323&page=2

it'll be Rotterdam this summer in the Rotterdam world harbour tournament which'll be held in the first week of August.

First game for you guys'll be against us on the friday. Second game against Shanghai Shenua on the Sunday

Liverpool are the other side in the tournament but only us'll be facing the decent sides ...and probably ending up with 0 points in our own home tournament

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old February 28th, 2007, 23:48
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Thanks for the information Wally, that should be good. Never heard of Shanghai Knights or whatever they're called, though. p

Any idea how much money the winner gets?

A VENCER DESDE 1893

Oh lampiăo, levaste 5 no Dragăo, nunca te esquecerás desta grande humilhaçăo!

16:01 kat
*little pillows wrestling is another thing Josh does, when he is drunk *
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old February 28th, 2007, 23:53 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester United
Thank god United aren't there, dutch refs suck and tried to sabotage our season.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old March 1st, 2007, 08:42
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

well this time it'll be Liverpool then

in 2008, it could be Spurs as we're planning to invite them, Celtic and Dortmund as it's our centenary and they were the clubs we beat in European finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigoIsGod
Any idea how much money the winner gets?
if Feyenoord is responsible for it, you probably got to pay to take part as we got debts of up to 50 million euros, but seriously I dunno.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in