Leftbacks for the 2014 WC qualifiers. - Xtratime Community
View Poll Results: What two leftbacks would select for the NT´s upcoming campaign?
Yoav Ziv (Maccabi Tel Aviv) 0 0%
Taleb Tuatkha (Maccabi Haifa) 2 50.00%
Adir Tubul (SC Ashdod) 0 0%
Gal Shish (Hapoel Tel Aviv) 1 25.00%
Dedi Ben Dayan (Omonia Nicosia) 0 0%
Omri Ben Harush (Maccabi Netanya) 2 50.00%
Ofri Davidadza (Hapoel Beer Sheva) 2 50.00%
Bassem Ghanayim (Bnei Sakhnin) 0 0%
Eliran Danin (Hapoel Acco) 0 0%
Avi Rikan (Beitar Jerusalem) 1 25.00%
Eyal Tartatzki (Hapoel Haifa) 0 0%
Amiram Shkalim (Hapoel Rishon LeZion) 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2012, 01:15 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Leftbacks for the 2014 WC qualifiers.

Who would you pick as leftbacks to represent Israel in the 2014 qualifiers.

Please pick TWO players.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2012, 16:58 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

The leftback position is the most difficult one to find the best quality players and IMO is the weakest point in our NT. That is why Yoav Ziv always continues to get the credit to play despite not being at his best for some time now.

Taleb Tuatkha appeared as a solution, but his defense IMO is awful. He attacks well, but then his crosses aren`t precise. If Tuatkha wants to reach the NT (he has potential undoubtly) he needs to improve these two critical abilities for sidebacks.

Dedi ben Dayan would appear as a solution again for his experience, but since his last season with Hapoel Tel Aviv he didn`t convince me much. He would be a last case call up.

My vote goes for Gal Shish and Ofir Davidadza.

Shish has replaced Ben Dayan at Hapoel Tel Aviv very well. He has good defensive work. Maybe not the best in attack, but he knows how to direct his crossing and has good passing for our current pool I believe it is better than to rely on Yoav Ziv unstable performances or to improvise s defender (normally Rami Gershon or even Tamir Cohen as Fernandes did in some games).
The other spot I was in doubt on Omri Ben Harush of Netanya and Ofir Davidadza. I gave credit for the latter because of his offensive skills, better then Ben harush. So in this case you would have two leftbacks in the squad with different characteristics and therefore managing to build your lineup based on your opponent.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2012, 17:51
Premier Player

I think Ben-Harush should be starting at left, back, he is fast, tall, and strong, something we haven't had at the left back position for a while...we need athletes in our defense, and I think Ben-Harush fits that...he is technical enough get forward... Rikan is very underrated, he is very good going forward and is a tough player...

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2012, 18:15 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golasa12 View Post
I think Ben-Harush should be starting at left, back, he is fast, tall, and strong, something we haven't had at the left back position for a while...we need athletes in our defense, and I think Ben-Harush fits that...he is technical enough get forward... Rikan is very underrated, he is very good going forward and is a tough player...
I agree that Rikan is underrated, he is fast and has good technique, but as you said we need in theory tall and strong players at the back. Rikan wouldn`t fit in this.

Ben harush is an option, the description you made of him is very similar to the one of Gal Shish which would be my preference. In this case I would rather have the second option of leftback a different style like Davidadza, in your case Rikan.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old January 23rd, 2012, 18:29
Rookie

Without hesitations, Taleb Tawatha he looks like a brazilian left back with greats moves to attack he's very young he needs to learn I hope he will be transfered in a club in Europe.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old January 23rd, 2012, 18:52 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron75 View Post
Without hesitations, Taleb Tawatha he looks like a brazilian left back with greats moves to attack he's very young he needs to learn I hope he will be transfered in a club in Europe.
He has good potential indeed, but he can`t defend properly and normally in Gutman´s teams this is not a good signal and he can`t cross properly as well which is really bad for a fullback.

But undoubtfully he has good speed and technique.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in