Rightbacks for the 2014 WC qualifier. - Xtratime Community
View Poll Results: What two rightbacks would you select for the NT´s upcoming campaign?
Yuval Spungin (Omonia Nicosia) 4 80.00%
Elad Gabay (Ironi Kiriat Shmona) 0 0%
Dor Malul (Beerschot) 2 40.00%
Dani Bondar (Volga Novgorod) 0 0%
Omri Kende (Hapoel Tel Aviv) 0 0%
Ofer Verta (SC Ashdod) 0 0%
Oz Rali (Bnei Yehuda) 1 20.00%
Oded Elkayam (Bnei Sakhnin) 0 0%
Eyal Meshumar (Maccabi Haifa) 1 20.00%
Eli Dasa (Beitar Jerusalem) 1 20.00%
Iyad Hotba (Hapoel Tel Aviv) 0 0%
Other 1 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2012, 01:10 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Rightbacks for the 2014 WC qualifier.

Who do you believe should be the rightbacks for Israel upcoming campaign.

Please pick TWO options
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2012, 16:50 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

My votes go for Yuval Shpungin and Oz Rali.

Shpungin has big potential to be a great rightback, we all know him from Maccabi Tel Aviv, the truth is he wasn`t given the credit he deserved and that is why he left to Cyprus where he is uncontested and respected.

Fernandez called him in some matches of the last campaign and from the rightbacks we had he was with best performance IMO.

Kiriat Shmona is overperforming in the league and obviously their players get highlighted. Elad Gabay has shown great skills defending and supporting attack and certainly deserves at least to be in a pre list.

Dor Malul is a case apart, this guy has talent, but he is not consistent. To be honest I haven`t seen much of him eversince he left to Belgium, but from what I read he is doing well. His attacking skils were incredible, but in defense he lacked sometimes positioning in critical situations which is why I wouldn`t choose him unless of course now in Belgium he has learned it.

Ofer Verta has been one of Ashdod´s key players on the right side. Very effective and discreet player.

But my vote goes for Oz Rali from Bnei Yehuda. Don`t know why the media doesn`t give much value to him or the big clubs don`t sign him, but from what I manage to observe at Bnei yehuda matches or in highlights he is always well positioned. Defends well and has a good speed in attacking transitions. Good for counterattacking strategies.
Rali´s advantage is that he is versatile and could play in many positions not only as rightback. He could also play in the left side or in midfield.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2012, 17:47
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by berko View Post
My votes go for Yuval Shpungin and Oz Rali.

Shpungin has big potential to be a great rightback, we all know him from Maccabi Tel Aviv, the truth is he wasn`t given the credit he deserved and that is why he left to Cyprus where he is uncontested and respected.

Fernandez called him in some matches of the last campaign and from the rightbacks we had he was with best performance IMO.

Kiriat Shmona is overperforming in the league and obviously their players get highlighted. Elad Gabay has shown great skills defending and supporting attack and certainly deserves at least to be in a pre list.

Dor Malul is a case apart, this guy has talent, but he is not consistent. To be honest I haven`t seen much of him eversince he left to Belgium, but from what I read he is doing well. His attacking skils were incredible, but in defense he lacked sometimes positioning in critical situations which is why I wouldn`t choose him unless of course now in Belgium he has learned it.

Ofer Verta has been one of Ashdod´s key players on the right side. Very effective and discreet player.

But my vote goes for Oz Rali from Bnei Yehuda. Don`t know why the media doesn`t give much value to him or the big clubs don`t sign him, but from what I manage to observe at Bnei yehuda matches or in highlights he is always well positioned. Defends well and has a good speed in attacking transitions. Good for counterattacking strategies.
Rali´s advantage is that he is versatile and could play in many positions not only as rightback. He could also play in the left side or in midfield.
I think Shpungin is a good player defensively, but he is weak going forward. I agree with you about Rali, Malul's problem is that he is slow and gets beaten for pace all the time. Fullbacks need to be fast. One player you might want to consider is Orel Dgani of Haifa, I like him a lot.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2012, 18:13 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golasa12 View Post
I think Shpungin is a good player defensively, but he is weak going forward. I agree with you about Rali, Malul's problem is that he is slow and gets beaten for pace all the time. Fullbacks need to be fast. One player you might want to consider is Orel Dgani of Haifa, I like him a lot.
He is an option aswell, but I would still stick with Spungin and Rali. Plus, with Rali due to his versatility he could give an extra spot let´s say for an additional midfielder or forward in the squad selection.

About Spungin, yes in attack he isn`t so effective, but normally our fullbacks don`t have a tradition of being so technical and advancing much. We follow more the English or Italian style in this sense rather than a Brazilian or Dutch.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old January 23rd, 2012, 18:34
Rookie

Dor Malul has a great advantage he plays in Belgium I say that everytime we need players who play in Europe, I saw some matchs where he played I think he can be our rightback.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old January 23rd, 2012, 19:25
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron75 View Post
Dor Malul has a great advantage he plays in Belgium I say that everytime we need players who play in Europe, I saw some matchs where he played I think he can be our rightback.
Malul is way too slow to play right back at the international level, and his technical strengths aren't good enough to make up for his lack of speed.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old January 23rd, 2012, 19:30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golasa12 View Post
Malul is way too slow to play right back at the international level, and his technical strengths aren't good enough to make up for his lack of speed.
So he can be central defender with Rami Gershon no?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old January 23rd, 2012, 19:41
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron75 View Post
So he can be central defender with Rami Gershon no?
Definitely not, he is only maybe 1.78, that is being generous. Essentially he is a right sided midfielder.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old January 23rd, 2012, 20:48 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Malul originally at Maccabi youth was a midfielder and with the use of a flat 4-4-2 system he became the right midfielder.

But with time and to try to fit him into the team using his technique he was used as a rightback. It is not his natural position, even though he could manage to play decently on it. BUt still I am not convinced with him especially in the matter of defense.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in