Keepers for 2014 WC qualifiers - Xtratime Community
View Poll Results: What two keepers would you select for the NT in the upcoming campaign?
Dudu Aouate (Mallorca) 4 66.67%
Dani Amos (Ironi Kiriat Shmona) 1 16.67%
Ariel Harush (Beitar Jerusalem) 3 50.00%
Dreshler Kale (Hapoel Haifa) 1 16.67%
Ohad Levita (Hapoel Beer Sheva) 0 0%
Barak Levi (Maccabi Tel Aviv) 0 0%
Nir Davidovich (Maccabi Haifa) 1 16.67%
Liran Strauber (Maccabi Petah Tikva) 0 0%
Ofir Marziano (SC Ashdod) 0 0%
Dudu Goresh (Hapoel Acco) 0 0%
Gal Nir (Ramat HaSharon) 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2012, 01:05 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend
 
berko's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Posts: 12,771
Keepers for 2014 WC qualifiers

Who do you believe should be the keepers for the Israeli NT in the 2014 WC campaign?

Pick TWO options in the poll.
berko is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2012, 16:40 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend
 
berko's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Posts: 12,771
My two votes go for Dudu Aouate and Dreshler Kale.

Aouate is our best keeper undisputed and his experience and weekly games against some of the best players in the world is enough to secure him the number one jersey.

The second keeper spot is a tough one to decide IMO. For years we were worried that we didn`t have a substitute for Aouate since Davidovich apparently has lost his prime.
But now we have Ariel Harush who is a great keeper and Barak Levi who is showing potential of being a big keeper and play abroad.
Dani Amos of Kiriat Shmona who only conceded 10 goals in 22 games is in great form as well and certainly should be remembered by Gutman.

But my other vote goes for Dreshler Kale. The veteran keeper is in great form and for those who haven`t seen much of Hapoel Haifa this season, Kale is performing really well. For example yesterday despite the loss to Hapoel Beer Sheva he made two incredible saves, especially in a one to one situation.
His vibrant way and constant talking were key for my vote. We need this motivation in our team, a group player he is. Since Aouate is uncontested, we should have a player like Kale in the squad, more or less the same way Liran Strauber was in the past.

Barak Levi and Ariel Harush are IMO the future goalies of the NT.
berko is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2012, 17:42
Premier Player
 
Golasa12's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2007
Posts: 1,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by berko View Post
My two votes go for Dudu Aouate and Dreshler Kale.

Aouate is our best keeper undisputed and his experience and weekly games against some of the best players in the world is enough to secure him the number one jersey.

The second keeper spot is a tough one to decide IMO. For years we were worried that we didn`t have a substitute for Aouate since Davidovich apparently has lost his prime.
But now we have Ariel Harush who is a great keeper and Barak Levi who is showing potential of being a big keeper and play abroad.
Dani Amos of Kiriat Shmona who only conceded 10 goals in 22 games is in great form as well and certainly should be remembered by Gutman.

But my other vote goes for Dreshler Kale. The veteran keeper is in great form and for those who haven`t seen much of Hapoel Haifa this season, Kale is performing really well. For example yesterday despite the loss to Hapoel Beer Sheva he made two incredible saves, especially in a one to one situation.
His vibrant way and constant talking were key for my vote. We need this motivation in our team, a group player he is. Since Aouate is uncontested, we should have a player like Kale in the squad, more or less the same way Liran Strauber was in the past.

Barak Levi and Ariel Harush are IMO the future goalies of the NT.
I'd rather have Harush there instead of Kale, simply because we will need to groom Harush to be the keeper of the future.
Golasa12 is offline  
 
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2012, 18:09 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend
 
berko's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Posts: 12,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golasa12 View Post
I'd rather have Harush there instead of Kale, simply because we will need to groom Harush to be the keeper of the future.
In this case I agree with you, it depends on the point of view and focus. My focus was thinking exclusively on this campaign in which Kale´s experience and group ability would benefit the squad.
But following to your thoughts you are correct.

How would you compare Harush with Barak Levi?
berko is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2012, 19:08
Premier Player
 
Golasa12's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2007
Posts: 1,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by berko View Post
In this case I agree with you, it depends on the point of view and focus. My focus was thinking exclusively on this campaign in which Kale´s experience and group ability would benefit the squad.
But following to your thoughts you are correct.

How would you compare Harush with Barak Levi?
I think its hard to make a comparison, Harush has been starting for his team for several years now, whereas Levi has just started playing this season regularly. Levi definitely has potential from what I've seen. I'd give Harush an edge because of experience, but maybe Levi can become better?
Golasa12 is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2012, 19:45 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend
 
berko's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Posts: 12,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golasa12 View Post
I think its hard to make a comparison, Harush has been starting for his team for several years now, whereas Levi has just started playing this season regularly. Levi definitely has potential from what I've seen. I'd give Harush an edge because of experience, but maybe Levi can become better?
Both have big potential. as you say, Harush has more experience despite being young. Currently I see them both for future campaigns.
berko is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old January 23rd, 2012, 15:55
Legend
 
Kappa21's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
Posts: 11,734
As sad as it looks, we dont got too any options for GK.

I dont know if I want Trvto or Nir to back up Awatt in net.
I went with Arush as well. I think he has years to grow with the NT and can be the next front for GK position......

What arsenal does Israel have as a GK from U21?

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
Kappa21 is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old January 23rd, 2012, 18:23
Rookie
 
Join Date: 08 2011
Posts: 47
It's time to change to give a new face to the national team the page must be turned but Dudu is the goalkeeper with most experience, the problem is there are no goalkeepers in Europe so Dudu is the choice number one.
Ron75 is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old January 23rd, 2012, 18:45 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend
 
berko's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Posts: 12,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron75 View Post
It's time to change to give a new face to the national team the page must be turned but Dudu is the goalkeeper with most experience, the problem is there are no goalkeepers in Europe so Dudu is the choice number one.
Aouate is still our best keeper and as Gutman said himself he will be together with Benayoun and Ben Haim the pillars of the campaign.

I still believe Kale with his group experience and motivation could help since Aouate will be starter anyways.

Harush and Barak Levi for the next campaign IMO.
berko is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old January 23rd, 2012, 20:43
Legend
 
Kappa21's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
Posts: 11,734
The thing I like about the GK position is that we can use Dudu to the max until age 40....so he is good until the 2018 WC....

SEND HIM AND LEAVE HIM IN RUSSIA!

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
Kappa21 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome