Xtratime´s countdown: Israel´s NT selection! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2012, 01:03 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Xtratime´s countdown: Israel´s NT selection!

We have made this in the past when Kashtan assumed and when Fernandez came in for our last campaign as we debated the possibilities of the call ups per position.

Now with Gutman on the verge to call the team for the Ukraine friendly, many are already curious to know what players Eli Gutman will select.We have new players coming in as hot prospects of Israeli football and players who are normally a safe spot who are on a low, who should stay, who should be given the credit I believe that placing the most talked options in a list and analyse it we could discuss it better.

So I made pre selection by position in a 4-4-2 system since Gutman said that is the formation he intends to use. (of course there could be a variation of it, it doesn`t necessarly mean we will play a flat 4-4-2 always).

I picked some players that are having a good season and are being mentioned as possibilities for the NT and are talked by Israeli fans around.

In separate threads, vote for the choices you would believe are the ideal players for the NT in your point of view and later if you wish it will be nice to debate it.

So to have a limited number of players these are maximum it should be voted per position (it will more or less simulate the amount per position that Gutman will pick in his call ups)

Keepers: 2 players

Rightbacks: 2 players

Defenders: 4 players

Leftbacks: 2 players

Midfielders: 8 players

Strikers: 5 players

In the case of midfielders I decided to make an united thread between defensive and offensive midfielders since the quantity of each could vary depending on ones point of view.

Anyways, I believe it would be nice for us to debate this issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2012, 01:51 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

The final results of the poll will be later posted here and then we could further discuss the lineup from that selection and also compare it to what Gutman really called up for the NT for Ukraine and who he intends to call for the qualifiers.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old January 24th, 2012, 15:50
Premier Player

I watched yesterday's game with Maccabi Haifa and Maccabi Tel Aviv, a lot of players you listed for NT consideration were from those teams. My thoughts on those players. Only Dabbour and Katan had decent games. The rest of the attacking players were poor. Atar had lots of tricks and flicks, but they didn't do him any good, also he runs with the ball too much, same with all the attacking players on both teams. Colautti was invisible apart from the goal that he scored, same with Azriel. Itzhaki was poor and so was Golasa. Also it was a very dirty game, and the referee did a poor job, near the end of the game the TV showed that each team had committed 20 fouls a piece. However the Ref only handed out 3 yellow cards...Israeli teams are so dirty, even in European competition, the IFA really needs to crack down and make sure these games aren't like this, it ruins the entertainment value. Haifa's best Israeli player was Dgani, I thought Alberman, Ziv, and Yeini all had good games for Maccabi Tel Aviv.

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old January 24th, 2012, 19:40 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golasa12 View Post
I watched yesterday's game with Maccabi Haifa and Maccabi Tel Aviv, a lot of players you listed for NT consideration were from those teams. My thoughts on those players. Only Dabbour and Katan had decent games. The rest of the attacking players were poor. Atar had lots of tricks and flicks, but they didn't do him any good, also he runs with the ball too much, same with all the attacking players on both teams. Colautti was invisible apart from the goal that he scored, same with Azriel. Itzhaki was poor and so was Golasa. Also it was a very dirty game, and the referee did a poor job, near the end of the game the TV showed that each team had committed 20 fouls a piece. However the Ref only handed out 3 yellow cards...Israeli teams are so dirty, even in European competition, the IFA really needs to crack down and make sure these games aren't like this, it ruins the entertainment value. Haifa's best Israeli player was Dgani, I thought Alberman, Ziv, and Yeini all had good games for Maccabi Tel Aviv.
Yes, it was a very hard game indeed with many fouls. I surprised that game ended up to be entertaining even with so many fouls. I totally agree with you that the referee had some effect on it since it didn`t punish properly. Too many "tactical fouls" as the Italians like to call it.

Maccabi Tel Aviv played effective football in the first half, they controlled the ball better and for their game proposal they did the right thing in the first half, at second half they simply didn`t come in the pitch and Haifa grew in confidence and the consequence was the turnaroudn in the result.

Some players are in bad form, examples you gave of Golasa and Itzhaki that we all know could do much better. Collauti I won`t judge, but his job has always been to put the ball in the net and we don`t expect much more from him. He needs to be given the balls near the area and yesterday Maccabi Tel Aviv failed to use him more. He is an intelligent players and has good finish and header, if the players upfront understand how to use him (as Haifa did when he played for them) he is lethal.

Atar is a great player and IMO he was sacrificed yesterday. From the quartet upfront he was the one who was always coming back and defending, but Atar should play near the goal because of his style. He is a dribbler, has a strong shot and is a kind of selfish player. So we can`t use him on midfield to create plays, he won`t do much (as you pointed out, he only had some tricks and everything, but it didn`t change in a effective manner). Itzhaki and Dabbur have different styles, they could back to receive the ball and think the play, Atar is the last touch, or to the finish or to the assist.
You watched the game so you noticed that Collauti was the centre forward while Atar was playing on the left side of attack and Dabbur on the right while Itzhaki had a free role in the middle to create. IMO this is modern football and everyone must contribute to defending, but in this case you won`t extract the best from Atar.

As for Maccabi Haifa, I mentioned in the leftback thread that Twatkha can`t cross and see what happened, he was in the area to score in a header the winner. Told you guys
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2012, 02:24
Premier Player

Here is the team I would call up.

GK:
Dudu Aoaute (Mallorca)
Ariel Harush (Beitar Jerusalem)

DF:
Rami Gershon (Standard Liege)
Tal Ben-Haim (Portsmouth)
Shir Tzedek (Kiryat Shmona)
Orel Dgani (Maccabi Haifa)
Yuval Spungin (Omonia Nicosia)
Omri Ben-Harush (Netanya)
Oz Rali (Bnei Yehuda)

MF:
Adrian Rochet (Kiryat Shmona)
Yossi Benayoun (Arsenal)
Bibras Natcho ( Rubin Kazan)
Nir Biton (Ashdod)
Almog Cohen (Nurnberg)
Gal Alberman (Maccabi Tel Aviv)
Eran Zahavi (Palermo)
Lior Refaelov (Brugge)
Maor Melikson (Wisla)

FW:
Tomer Hemed (Mallorca)
Eliran Atar (Maccabi Tel Aviv)
Dudu Biton (Wisla Krakow)
Elyaniv Barda (Racing Genk)

Last edited by Golasa12; January 27th, 2012 at 02:36.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2012, 10:28 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golasa12 View Post
Here is the team I would call up.

GK:
Dudu Aoaute (Mallorca)

DF:
Tal Ben-Haim (Portsmouth)
Shir Tzedek (Kiryat Shmona)
Oz Rali (Bnei Yehuda)

MF:
Adrian Rochet (Kiryat Shmona)
Yossi Benayoun (Arsenal)
Bibras Natcho ( Rubin Kazan)
Nir Biton (Ashdod)
Almog Cohen (Nurnberg)
Gal Alberman (Maccabi Tel Aviv)
Eran Zahavi (Palermo)
Lior Refaelov (Brugge)
Maor Melikson (Wisla)

FW:
Tomer Hemed (Mallorca)
Eliran Atar (Maccabi Tel Aviv)
Elyaniv Barda (Racing Genk)
It looks a very decent squad. My choices were similar.

Here were my votes on this poll:

GK

Dudu Aouate
Kale Dreshler

DF
Yuval Spungin
Oz Rali
Tal Ben Haim
Dekel Keinan
Rami Gershon
Dan Mori
Ofir Davidadza
Gal Shish

MF
Nir Biton
Bibras Natkho
Biram Kiyal
Gal Alberman
Yossi Benayoun
Eran Zahavi
Maor Melikson
Lior Refaelov

FW
Tomer Hemed
Eliran Atar
Itay Shechter
Elyaniv Barda
Dudu Biton

Depending on the match you could leave out a forward and place extra midfield since we are packed of good players in that zone. Or you call up Oz Rali for instance as a backup for both right and leftback and open an extra spot for offensive players.

What surprised me to see was unanimous votes on Nir Biton and Yuval Spungin for example, something that normally we didn`t even mention them in our posts in the previous campaign.
But currently IMO they have a spot in the squad.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2012, 10:29 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Gutman is set to announce the squad for the Ukraine friendly in 20 days. It will be interesting to compare from what we have voted here.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2012, 16:34
Premier Player

Teams: Maccabi Tel Aviv
Schnorrer's list, i say fu(k it, if we have failed so much with almost the same team its time to give a chance to a younger generation...

GK:
Daniel Amos (Kiryat Shmona)

DF:
Omer Vered (Maccabi Tel Aviv)
Dani Bondarv (Volga Nizhny)
Elad Gabai (Kiryat Shmona)
Dor Malul (Beerschot)
Oshri Roash (Hapoel Haifa)

MF:
Steven Cohen (Beitar)
Bibras Natkho ( Rubin Kazan)
Nir Biton (Ashdod)
Almog Cohen (Nurnberg)
Shiran Yeini (Maccabi Tel Aviv)
Eran Zahavi (Palermo)
Lior Refaelov (Brugge)
Maor Melikson (Wisla)

FW:
Tomer Hemed (Mallorca)
Omer Damari (Hapoel Tel Aviv)
Ben Sahar (Auxerre)
Itay Shechter (Kaiserlautern)
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2012, 02:34 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnorrer View Post
Schnorrer's list, i say fu(k it, if we have failed so much with almost the same team its time to give a chance to a younger generation...

GK:
Daniel Amos (Kiryat Shmona)

DF:
Omer Vered (Maccabi Tel Aviv)
Dani Bondarv (Volga Nizhny)
Elad Gabai (Kiryat Shmona)
Dor Malul (Beerschot)
Oshri Roash (Hapoel Haifa)

MF:
Steven Cohen (Beitar)
Bibras Natkho ( Rubin Kazan)
Nir Biton (Ashdod)
Almog Cohen (Nurnberg)
Shiran Yeini (Maccabi Tel Aviv)
Eran Zahavi (Palermo)
Lior Refaelov (Brugge)
Maor Melikson (Wisla)

FW:
Tomer Hemed (Mallorca)
Ben Sahar (Auxerre)
Itay Shechter (Kaiserlautern)
Not bad indeed. Maybe only Shiran Yeini is not currently in good form to play for the NT. He is on his formation a defensive midfielder, but he has played as a central defender lately.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old February 22nd, 2012, 12:38 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

So here it is the first NT selection of the Gutman era.
Not a lot of surprises, Gutman was reasonable in his call where as mentioned in other thread, both Nir Biton and Eyal Golasa were left to play for the U-21 and therefore won`t take part in the senior game.

Another interesting issue is that no Maccabi Tel Aviv and no Maccabi Haifa player was selected, differently from the U-21 squad that had many players fromboth teams.

Gutman also gave attention to Kiriat Shmona players calling up 5 players from the league leaders.

Itay Shechter and Biram Kiyal who would certainly be at the list weren`t called up due injury. Maor Buzaglo who is also injured would be such certainty.
Another question mark is regarding Toto Tamuz who is in top form, but waas left out. Gili vermut who blossomed under Gutman at Hapoel Tel Aviv was left out especiaally because of his few minutes aat Kaiserslautern and recent loan to De Graafschaap.

Full squad:

Keepers:

Dudu Aouate (Mallorca)

Dani Amos (Kiriat Shmona)

Defenders:

Tal Ben Haim (Portsmouth)

Dekel Keinan (Cardiff City)

Shir Tzedek (Ironi Kiriat Shmona)

Elad Gabay (Ironi Kiriat Shmona)

Eitan Tibi (Ironi Kiriat Shmonaa)

Dedi Ben Dayan (Omonia Nicosia)

Midfielders:

Bibras Natkho (Rubin Kazan)

Almog Cohen (Nurnberg)

Yossi Benayoun (Arsenal)

Eran Zahavi (Palermo)

Maor Melikson (Wisla Krakow)

Adrian Rochet (Ironi Kiriat Shmona)

Lior Refaelov (Club Brugge)

Forwards:

Tal Ben Haim (Maccabi Petah Tikva)

Elyaniv Barda (Genk)

Ben Sahar (Auxerre)

Tomer Hemed (Mallorca)
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old February 23rd, 2012, 03:07
Premier Player

Teams: Maccabi Tel Aviv
hahaaaaaaaaaa i won.!!
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old February 23rd, 2012, 03:11
Rookie

Teams: Israel, Australia, Tottenham
Quote:
Originally Posted by berko View Post
So here it is the first NT selection of the Gutman era.
Not a lot of surprises, Gutman was reasonable in his call where as mentioned in other thread, both Nir Biton and Eyal Golasa were left to play for the U-21 and therefore won`t take part in the senior game.

Another interesting issue is that no Maccabi Tel Aviv and no Maccabi Haifa player was selected, differently from the U-21 squad that had many players fromboth teams.

Gutman also gave attention to Kiriat Shmona players calling up 5 players from the league leaders.

Itay Shechter and Biram Kiyal who would certainly be at the list weren`t called up due injury. Maor Buzaglo who is also injured would be such certainty.
Another question mark is regarding Toto Tamuz who is in top form, but waas left out. Gili vermut who blossomed under Gutman at Hapoel Tel Aviv was left out especiaally because of his few minutes aat Kaiserslautern and recent loan to De Graafschaap.

Full squad:

Keepers:

Dudu Aouate (Mallorca)

Dani Amos (Kiriat Shmona)

Defenders:

Tal Ben Haim (Portsmouth)

Dekel Keinan (Cardiff City)

Eitan Tibi (Ironi Kiriat Shmonaa)

Dedi Ben Dayan (Omonia Nicosia)

Midfielders:

Bibras Natkho (Rubin Kazan)

Almog Cohen (Nurnberg)

Yossi Benayoun (Arsenal)

Eran Zahavi (Palermo)

Maor Melikson (Wisla Krakow)

Adrian Rochet (Ironi Kiriat Shmona)

Lior Refaelov (Club Brugge)

Forwards:

Tal Ben Haim (Maccabi Petah Tikva)

Elyaniv Barda (Genk)

Ben Sahar (Auxerre)

Tomer Hemed (Mallorca)
Would have liked to have seen Ben Bassat and Biton in the squad - two in-form players. At this point in time, they should be preferred to Ben Haim, Damari and Sahar. When Shechter returns and gets more playing time, he and Hemed would be starters. However, I like that he has included several Kiryat Shmona players and the overall balance of the squad. Hopefully Natkho and Melikson are in the centre of midfield and playing a significant part of this match.
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old February 23rd, 2012, 03:42
Rising Star

Gotta wonder if Guttman will try to create backline cohesion by playing all 3 of the Kiryat Shmona guys at once. Given how badly organized the constantly rotating group under Fernandez was, it could be worth a shot.

Good to see Melikson back, midfield is going to need to be the strength of this team. Hopefully in a competitive match Benayoun isn't a starter, unless he somehow cracks Arsenal's lineup first. Refaelov and Zahavi should play.

Who would you guys have as your starting XI?
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old February 23rd, 2012, 10:37
Rookie

I hope some names are there because of injury players, how a guy like Tamuz can't be called or even Dudu Biton who make a great job everywhere he goes I hope the team will change after
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old February 23rd, 2012, 21:55 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2k989 View Post
Gotta wonder if Guttman will try to create backline cohesion by playing all 3 of the Kiryat Shmona guys at once. Given how badly organized the constantly rotating group under Fernandez was, it could be worth a shot.

Good to see Melikson back, midfield is going to need to be the strength of this team. Hopefully in a competitive match Benayoun isn't a starter, unless he somehow cracks Arsenal's lineup first. Refaelov and Zahavi should play.

Who would you guys have as your starting XI?
From the team he called up this time here is my guess for the starting lineup:

Aouate, Spungin, Ben Haim, Gershon, Ben Dayan; Almog Cohen, Natkho, Zahavi, Benayoun, Barda, Hemed

Aoaute is our starter at goal and Amos will certainly receive a chance at halftime. Spungin will start instead of Gabay because of his defensive skills, Ben Haim and Gershon are at the moment our best pair at central defense, but it will be interesting to see Shir Tzedek having some minutes.
Ben Dayan was the only real leftback in the squad, so guess Gutman won`t surprise here.

In midfield, Almog Cohen is the holding midfielder while Natkho (which IMO is vital for our midfield and Gutman also thinks so) is a guaranteed presence. Zahavi and Benayoun will complete the midfield as Gutman has worked with Eran in the past at Hapoel and made him blossom while Benayoun is our captain. Barda, our most consistent forward and Hemed for his playing time at Mallorca.

I believe that we will see during the campaign, Nir Biton and Biram Kiyal in this midfield and Shechter as one of the starters upfront. We have plenty of options at our offensive sector and one of these players will sit on the bench. Melikson should also receive a chance.

Interesting to see what will be Benayoun´s role.
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old February 23rd, 2012, 21:56 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengold View Post
Would have liked to have seen Ben Bassat and Biton in the squad - two in-form players. At this point in time, they should be preferred to Ben Haim, Damari and Sahar. When Shechter returns and gets more playing time, he and Hemed would be starters. However, I like that he has included several Kiryat Shmona players and the overall balance of the squad. Hopefully Natkho and Melikson are in the centre of midfield and playing a significant part of this match.
I agree that at least Biton should be in the squad. Sahar is talented, but not sure if he is at his best form. Good to see Melikson in the team.
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old February 24th, 2012, 22:21
Premier Player

yes good to see Melikson in form, depending on the how game goes against the Ukraine its very possible for Biton to be called up for our next friendlies against the Czech Republic and Germany.
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old February 28th, 2012, 13:11 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Gutman´s call up was good IMO.

Guess there weren`t many complaints, Shechter and Kiyal are injured while Nir Biton is with the U-21.

Maybe the absence of of Dudu Biton was the only real questioning from media and fans.
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2012, 17:50 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Gutman has called the Israeli NT for a training camp in Austria where the new coach will prepare the team for two friendlies: Czech Republic (may 26th) and Germany (May 31st).

It will be interesting since both sides will feature at Euro and are good tests for Israel.

Some names were left aside from this call up such as Elyaniv Barda, Adrian Rochet and Dekel Keinan, names that were certain in Luis Fernandez list.

Dudu Aouate injured himself in the last Mallorca game and won`t take part of the training camp.

Full List:

Keepers:

Dani Amos (Ironi Kiriat Shmona)
Ohad Levita (Hapoel Beer Sheva)

Defenders:

Yuval Spungin (Omonia Nicosia - CYP)
Eitan Tibi (Ironi Kiriat Shmona)
Dan Mori (Bnei Yehuda)
Tal Ben Haim (Portsmouth - ENG)
Rami Gershon (Standard Liege - BEL)
Shmuel Sheiman (Excelsior - NED)

Midfielders:

Yossi Benayoun (Arsenal - ENG)
Gili Vermut (De Graafscaap - NED)
Bibras Natkho (Rubin Kazan - RUS)
Eran Zahavi (Palermo - ITA)
Almog Cohen (Nurnberg - GER)
Maor Melikson (Wisla Krakow - POL)
Lior Refaelov (Club Brugge - BEL)
Biram Kiyal (Celtic - SCO)
Avihai Yadin (Hapoel Tel Aviv)

Forwards:

Tomer Hemed (Mallorca - SPA)
Itay Shechter (Kaiserslautern - GER)
Ben Sahar (Auxerre - FRA)
Eden Ben Bassat (Stade Brestois - FRA)

What do you guys think of the call up?
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2012, 18:07
Rising Star

Teams: ISRAEL NT & Maccabi Haifa & Beitar Jerusalem!
Too many Ironi players?!? No MTA, MHA players? Just two HTA player? Wtf!

Toto and Dela should be part of the NT, I can guarantee that they will score a lot!

Israel #1

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in