Euro Qualifiers 2012: Israel vs Croatia - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 64 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2011, 17:17 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Euro Qualifiers 2012: Israel vs Croatia

I hope that our team is a little more relaxed against Croatia, now that they basically don't have a chance to qualify...Almog Cohen and Bibras Natcho are out.

I'd like to see the following lineup

---------------Hemed----------------
Buzaglo-------Rafaelov-------Shechter
---------Kiyal---------Golasa---------
Tawatha---------------------Ben Harush
----------Ben Haim-Gershon------------
----------------Aouate-----------------

In order for this lineup to work Hemed needs to make runs constantly to show for through balls from Rafaelov, while Buzaglo and Shechter need to use their pace to run at the fullbacks, they should also switch flanks, Ben Harush and Tawtha will need to get forward and overlap and create number mismatches, Rafaelov is a much more effective player in the middle as he doesn't have the speed to cause trouble down the wings, but can be more creative with space, Golasa adds speed to the midfield and creativity, I don't think we will see this lineup, but Shechter is much more effective facing the defender than with his back to them..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 64 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2011, 22:02
Star Player

Teams: Man City, Liverpool, Maccabi Haifa, Brighton, Portland
We can still qualify, right?...if we win against Croatia and then Croatia loses to Greece?

Assuming we beat Malta by a huge amount...

Class is permanent.
post #3 of 64 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2011, 22:24
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Israel need 6 points for second place and they need Croatia to fail to win the other two matches.

The first tie-break is head-to-head rather than GD, so unless you think Croatia is not beating Latvia at home, Israel will have to beat Croatia by two goals

It's a lot to ask for, but technically yes, Israel still has a chance at second. Anything less than a win in Zagreb then Israel is eliminated

post #4 of 64 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2011, 00:14
Rising Star

Teams: Israel, Beitar Jerusalem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golasa12 View Post
I hope that our team is a little more relaxed against Croatia, now that they basically don't have a chance to qualify...Almog Cohen and Bibras Natcho are out.

I'd like to see the following lineup

---------------Hemed----------------
Buzaglo-------Rafaelov-------Shechter
---------Kiyal---------Golasa---------
Tawatha---------------------Ben Harush
----------Ben Haim-Gershon------------
----------------Aouate-----------------

In order for this lineup to work Hemed needs to make runs constantly to show for through balls from Rafaelov, while Buzaglo and Shechter need to use their pace to run at the fullbacks, they should also switch flanks, Ben Harush and Tawtha will need to get forward and overlap and create number mismatches, Rafaelov is a much more effective player in the middle as he doesn't have the speed to cause trouble down the wings, but can be more creative with space, Golasa adds speed to the midfield and creativity, I don't think we will see this lineup, but Shechter is much more effective facing the defender than with his back to them..
Yes Buzaglo should always start provided that he does his job in Standard. But I don't like the absence of Sahar in this lineup! I'd like to see Shechter and Sahar up front.
post #5 of 64 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2011, 00:16
Star Player

Sahar is still injured no?

Class is permanent.
post #6 of 64 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2011, 00:21
Rising Star

Teams: Israel, Beitar Jerusalem
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinoisawesome View Post
Sahar is still injured no?
Oh yes. I was thinking he meant a lineup in general not just for this match but I see now. My mistake.
post #7 of 64 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2011, 05:26
Rising Star

After the match against Greece, Fernandez made comments that indicates he very much wants to remain as coach. It surprised me a bit because I assumed that if he got fired he would be happy just going back to coach a club in France or Spain and the money would probably be close to what he got in Israel.

If he finishes the campaign strong don't be surprised if he stays. Considering the FA and the players like him.
post #8 of 64 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2011, 09:57
ZZZ
Rising Star

How the hell are we going to win this one? I don't see it, I can only hope.
post #9 of 64 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2011, 16:31
Rising Star

Teams: M.Haifa, Israeli NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by daydreamer View Post
After the match against Greece, Fernandez made comments that indicates he very much wants to remain as coach. It surprised me a bit because I assumed that if he got fired he would be happy just going back to coach a club in France or Spain and the money would probably be close to what he got in Israel.

If he finishes the campaign strong don't be surprised if he stays. Considering the FA and the players like him.
I do not think we have any shot at qualifying for WC14 with LF as coach. (I think we have a very slim shot anyways, but that is another issue)

I guess I am routing for a Croatia run away so he is fired on Wednesday.
post #10 of 64 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2011, 20:15
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by colautti_2010 View Post
I do not think we have any shot at qualifying for WC14 with LF as coach. (I think we have a very slim shot anyways, but that is another issue)

I guess I am routing for a Croatia run away so he is fired on Wednesday.
Have some faith!

Prediction: Israel 3 - 0 Croatia

Class is permanent.
post #11 of 64 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2011, 00:45
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinoisawesome View Post
Have some faith!

Prediction: Israel 3 - 0 Croatia
I wish. But it is more likely the other way around
post #12 of 64 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2011, 00:47
Forum Manager
Legend

One positive point to be optimisitc is that we usually play very well when not under pressure. This game against Croatia will be the case.
post #13 of 64 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2011, 01:59
Rising Star

Teams: M. Tel-Aviv, Israel NT
--------- Shechter ------ Hemed -----------
---------------- Benayoun -----------------
Refaelov --------------------------- Buzaglo
------------------ Kiyal --------------------
--------------------------------------------
Tawatha -------------------------- Shpungin
--------- Gershon ------ Ben Haim ----------
----------------- Aouate -------------------

If Luis doesn't start with two strikers, there's no point in watching the game. Buzaglo has to play no matter what. We need his type of mentality on the field.

Another point, these players need to relax. Watching the Greece game, I thought I was watching 11 Moroccans go crazy on the pitch. These idiots need to CALM THE F**K DOWN. Instead of running around like chickens with their heads chopped off and just kicking the ball upfield, they need to slow it down a bit and build an attack wisely. As much as you need speed in modern football, you also need a brain. They have to hold possession and pass the ball with confidence. You can't just pass the ball into open space and expect to get a positive result, especially against organized teams like Croatia or Greece. This team needs a lot more time together to make this work in the long run.

I won't be surprised if we get a point in Zagreb, but I definitely wouldn't bet on it.

About changing coaches, I'm not sure if getting rid of Fernandez would be that great of an idea. He did everything a foreign coach would've done for a foreign NT. His main mistake was that he was supposed to start tightening the rotation by the mid-point of his first campaign. If we bring in a new coach, that means new players, formations, and tactics which translates into another campaign of "getting used to a new system" and we all know how that's going to end. If we keep Luis, his rotation is only going to get tighter. And let's not forget that the players love playing for him, too. Either way, do we really have a chance of getting to Brazil in 2014?
post #14 of 64 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2011, 13:54
Rising Star

Teams: Liverpool
Guys, Israel is not out of it yet. If they beat Croatia (they wont) and if Greece also beats Croatia (possible) and then Croatia screws up against Latvia (doubt it) and Israel beats Malta (probably by a score of 1-0) then they are in!
post #15 of 64 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2011, 18:48
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior View Post
Guys, Israel is not out of it yet. If they beat Croatia (they wont) and if Greece also beats Croatia (possible) and then Croatia screws up against Latvia (doubt it) and Israel beats Malta (probably by a score of 1-0) then they are in!
The mentality should be while we still have chances we should fight until the end, but the way things are looking it doesn´t inspie too much confidence.
post #16 of 64 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2011, 18:59
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daweed View Post
--------- Shechter ------ Hemed -----------
---------------- Benayoun -----------------
Refaelov --------------------------- Buzaglo
------------------ Kiyal --------------------
--------------------------------------------
Tawatha -------------------------- Shpungin
--------- Gershon ------ Ben Haim ----------
----------------- Aouate -------------------

If Luis doesn't start with two strikers, there's no point in watching the game. Buzaglo has to play no matter what. We need his type of mentality on the field.
I agree Buzaglo should start. He is the type of player that has no fear to face his defender and he has created a great confidence in the NT and at the same he is not very well known by oppoenents. I doubt Bilic will warn his players out against Buzaglo, more likely for him to make a special marking on Benayoun than on Buzaglo.
Speaking of Benayoun, don´t know if he should start due to his current form. I still think has what it takes to contribute for the NT, but right now IMO he is not a starter.

Quote:
Another point, these players need to relax. Watching the Greece game, I thought I was watching 11 Moroccans go crazy on the pitch. These idiots need to CALM THE F**K DOWN. Instead of running around like chickens with their heads chopped off and just kicking the ball upfield, they need to slow it down a bit and build an attack wisely. As much as you need speed in modern football, you also need a brain. They have to hold possession and pass the ball with confidence. You can't just pass the ball into open space and expect to get a positive result, especially against organized teams like Croatia or Greece. This team needs a lot more time together to make this work in the long run.
That is why we should start with Natkho and Zehavi in midfied. Two players with a refined passing skill and with game intelligence, they know how to hold onto the ball and dictate the game. I would start with Kiyal as a holding midfielder with Natkho playing alongside him as a supposed defensive midfielder, Zahavi and Buzaglo the playmakers while Shechter and Hemed play upfront.
If it is too offensive to play against Croatia like this, then we could play in a 4-3-1-2, with Buzaglo playing with Shechter upfront and Zahavi being the man behind them. Kiyal and Natkho would play alongside another central midfilder (Guess Almog Cohen is suspended)

Quote:
I won't be surprised if we get a point in Zagreb, but I definitely wouldn't bet on it.
Unlikely Israel will take a point from Croatia.
Did you guys see Bilic´s interview?

He said our problem is that we expect too much from our NT. At one point he is right.

Quote:
About changing coaches, I'm not sure if getting rid of Fernandez would be that great of an idea. He did everything a foreign coach would've done for a foreign NT. His main mistake was that he was supposed to start tightening the rotation by the mid-point of his first campaign. If we bring in a new coach, that means new players, formations, and tactics which translates into another campaign of "getting used to a new system" and we all know how that's going to end. If we keep Luis, his rotation is only going to get tighter. And let's not forget that the players love playing for him, too. Either way, do we really have a chance of getting to Brazil in 2014?
I agree about formations and gel up the team, new players etc....but football is dinamic. In one season we could have a brilliant player coming in and be a starter of the team. A NT coach should focus more onm the mental part of the team since the players come fit to play and there is rare time to practice.

Last edited by berko; September 5th, 2011 at 19:52.
post #17 of 64 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2011, 22:52
Forum Manager
Legend

According to the final training session Fernandez will adopt a 3-6-1 formation with Tal Ben Haim, Itsik Cohen and Tamir Cohen as central defenders. On the right wing Dor Malul could have his first chance with Fernandez while on the left Taleb Twatkha is likely to to take Omri Ben Harush´s place.
Eran Zahavi and Biram Kiyal will play in defensive midfield, while Benayoun and Refaelov will be free to feed Tomer Hemed upfront.

What do you guys think of the lineup? I fear to see Tamir Cohen in defense, he is a great defensive midfielder, but in central defense don´t think is the best option. Is Rami Gershon suspended?

I liked the entrance of Hemed in the team, he gives a bit more deepness in attack, but didn´t agree to see Shechter out.
post #18 of 64 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2011, 15:17
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
WE
ARE
GONNA
LOSE!!!!

Least i get some pts for PL

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
post #19 of 64 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2011, 19:01 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa21 View Post
WE
ARE
GONNA
LOSE!!!!

Least i get some pts for PL
watch the game here

http://www.justin.tv/zananii?utm_cam.../1712248864/41
post #20 of 64 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2011, 19:29
Rookie

Nobody have a link for see the match?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in