World Cup 2014 draw: Israel on Pot 3! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 153 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2011, 00:06 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
World Cup 2014 draw: Israel on Pot 3!

FIFA will still make an official announcement, but it is almost decided all the spots of the European Pots for the 2014 World Cup qualifiing to be held in Brazil on July 30th.
Israel is currently on Pot 3 and since there won`t be major changes or international games in this month we probably won`t have any suprises in the pots.

Here are the current status:

Pot 1:

Spain
Holland
Germany
England
Portugal
Italy
Croatia
Norway
Greece

Pot 2:

Serbia
Slovenia
Russia
France
Montenegro
Switzerland
Slovakia
Denmark
Sweden

Pot 3 (opponents that Israel can`t face in the qualifiers)

Israel
Bulgaria
Turkey
Czech Republic
Ireland
Ukraine
Belgium
Romania
Bosnia

Pot 4:

Albania
Hungary
Belarus
Georgia
Armenia
Nothern Ireland
Scotland
Poland

Pot 5:

Austria
Estonia
Latvia
Finland
Macedonia
Moldova
Cyprus
Azerbaijan
Wales

Pot 6:

Iceland
Luxembourg
Faroe Islands
Kazakhstan
Liechtenstein
Malta
Andorra
San Marino

It is not official, but this should be the pots for the qualifiers.

Best Draw IMO:

Greece
Slovakia
Israel
Albania
Azerbaijan
San Marino

Worst Draw:

Spain
France
Israel
Poland
Austria
Iceland
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 153 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2011, 12:21
ZZZ
Rising Star

how come croatia and greece are both in pot 1??
post #3 of 153 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2011, 17:34
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
I think......realistically, we wont get Greece this time to be fair...

Taking them aside, i think Portugal from Pot 1 looks like a team we can challenge.
I also dont mind taking on Norway....those anti-semetic monsters need a beating of someway....

In Pot 2......all seem tricky....
Id like to dual it out with Slovenia, Montenegro, Russia and ofcourse Slovakia....

If we get Sweden...were doomed.... Serbia is hard, Switzerland may be easy.....but no one can tell. Denmark is a mini Sweden and still hard to face. Dont know how big bad France got into Pot 2

In our Pot, its good that we are ditching some really hard football teams. ALl of them seem like a challenge and eventhough we dont play them I hope that we get some games going with them in the summer time or inbetween now and the road to Brazil to put up our pace........ I really would dread playing Turkey both competitively and politically...

Pot 4 is really a wild card. They may seem on paper to be lower than us, but in reality, when you look at it, you got really good NT here. Albania is nothing to reckon with. Hungary is good for our pot, even higher....Belarus is good. Northern Ireland and Scotland are hard to face..this is not 1980/1982 here!!! Polands a bitch...

I personally dont see anything different in Pot 5 as well
Austria is tough.....Estonia/Latvia is difficult. We all know how 'successful' Israel played Finland... Macedonia is no walk in the park. Cyprus is our nemesis from earlier competitions in the mid 90's and 2000's where we saw our team succumb to a couple of lousy ties which cost us the ticket for a playoff/1st play birth. Azerbijian is not hard,but can be tricky...and wales is good...and above the Cypricots IMO. I wont even go into telling you my nightmare with Moldova so I will end it there...

in Pot 6..All can be beaten ofcourse, but each one has its own difficulty and roadblocks that we should never forget....
Iceland is by far the toughest.
Luxembourg, Leichenstein, Andorra and San Marino IMO should and WILL be an easy 6 points with capitalizing on taking the Goal Differentials from both games..

Faroe Islands could have been added to it, but they seem tough....their stadium is windy and messed...they are also good away...their fans love Israel...and I love them back...but I dont like playing them for some reason.

Kazhakstan and Iceland seem to be in the wrong pot in my opinion.. 2 NTs in which they seem to be heading only up after a qualifying stage or 2 of mistakes.......

Im somehow feeling that we wont get a good group like we wanted

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!

post #4 of 153 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2011, 18:04 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZ View Post
how come croatia and greece are both in pot 1??
Because the ranking changes according to results and since the next qualifiers are from FIFA jurisdiction then there will be a difference as well.
post #5 of 153 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2011, 18:25
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa21
Luxembourg, Leichenstein, Andorra and San Marino IMO should and WILL be an easy 6 points with capitalizing on taking the Goal Differentials from both games..

Faroe Islands could have been added to it, but they seem tough....their stadium is windy and messed...they are also good away...their fans love Israel...and I love them back...but I dont like playing them for some reason.
Liechtenstein are better than the Faroes and some of the other teams you mention here, they've got results and against good teams - plus they can resist home and away. Proven against Portugal, Scotland, etc. They beat Lithuania 2-0 a few days ago in qualifying.

Of course you should win but they are better IMO than some of the others who stand as cannon fodder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
post #6 of 153 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2011, 21:12
ZZZ
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa21 View Post
I think......realistically, we wont get Greece this time to be fair...

Taking them aside, i think Portugal from Pot 1 looks like a team we can challenge.
I also dont mind taking on Norway....those anti-semetic monsters need a beating of someway....

In Pot 2......all seem tricky....
Id like to dual it out with Slovenia, Montenegro, Russia and ofcourse Slovakia....

If we get Sweden...were doomed.... Serbia is hard, Switzerland may be easy.....but no one can tell. Denmark is a mini Sweden and still hard to face. Dont know how big bad France got into Pot 2

In our Pot, its good that we are ditching some really hard football teams. ALl of them seem like a challenge and eventhough we dont play them I hope that we get some games going with them in the summer time or inbetween now and the road to Brazil to put up our pace........ I really would dread playing Turkey both competitively and politically...

Pot 4 is really a wild card. They may seem on paper to be lower than us, but in reality, when you look at it, you got really good NT here. Albania is nothing to reckon with. Hungary is good for our pot, even higher....Belarus is good. Northern Ireland and Scotland are hard to face..this is not 1980/1982 here!!! Polands a bitch...

I personally dont see anything different in Pot 5 as well
Austria is tough.....Estonia/Latvia is difficult. We all know how 'successful' Israel played Finland... Macedonia is no walk in the park. Cyprus is our nemesis from earlier competitions in the mid 90's and 2000's where we saw our team succumb to a couple of lousy ties which cost us the ticket for a playoff/1st play birth. Azerbijian is not hard,but can be tricky...and wales is good...and above the Cypricots IMO. I wont even go into telling you my nightmare with Moldova so I will end it there...

in Pot 6..All can be beaten ofcourse, but each one has its own difficulty and roadblocks that we should never forget....
Iceland is by far the toughest.

Kazhakstan and Iceland seem to be in the wrong pot in my opinion.. 2 NTs in which they seem to be heading only up after a qualifying stage or 2 of mistakes.......

Im somehow feeling that we wont get a good group like we wanted
Well, we had the easiest possible group in 2010 and in Euro 2012, so about time we actually got a hard one, it would be funny if we get Greece again though.
post #7 of 153 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2011, 23:26
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by イラ View Post
Liechtenstein are better than the Faroes and some of the other teams you mention here, they've got results and against good teams - plus they can resist home and away. Proven against Portugal, Scotland, etc. They beat Lithuania 2-0 a few days ago in qualifying.

Of course you should win but they are better IMO than some of the others who stand as cannon fodder.
Well..... im sure you remember that Luxemborg has that sign with their Ultra NT fans about the 1998 or 1988 run where they beat out top teams.
Luxemborg..i dont fear them. Israel even with half decent performance wins 3-0..2-0..3-1 against them.

The problem with Faroe Islands is that the stadium is hard to play in and its near the water and its usually damped and windy... these kinda locations make it difficult for our team to play. We have played their before and we know what to expect....

Here are the last few games at home vs. F. Islands:

F. Island 0 - 3 Serbia
F. Islands 1 - 1 N. Ireland
F. Islands 0 - 2 Slovenia

They hardly have any games where it goes 7-0 or 8-0....they are amateur and they know how to play well, even at home..

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #8 of 153 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2011, 23:28
Legend

Quote:
Well, we had the easiest possible group in 2010 and in Euro 2012, so about time we actually got a hard one, it would be funny if we get Greece again though.
It will really be lucky....but then again.......Greece has been a challenge to us. Israelis think that the tie game or that 'close' game away was good for us in the previous qualifier. I like to differ.
We were lucky to get away with a point vs. Greece and not to be raped and pillaged 4-1 or 4-0 by them........ they were all over us. Kashtan had no clue that most of its players were 6'5, 230, full of muscle and aggression vs. a scrunchy Tunisian/Moroccan Israeli whos 5'6 and 110

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #9 of 153 (permalink) Old June 8th, 2011, 18:12 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by イラ View Post

I agree that Liechtenstein, from the in theory "weaker" sides are the most improving footballing nation. It is tricky and Portugal knows it well and as you mentioned ended up surprising Lithuania who were still in the picture for a playoff qualification.
post #10 of 153 (permalink) Old June 9th, 2011, 01:09
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by berko View Post
FIFA will still make an official announcement, but it is almost decided all the spots of the European Pots for the 2014 World Cup qualifiing to be held in Brazil on July 30th.
Israel is currently on Pot 3 and since there won`t be major changes or international games in this month we probably won`t have any suprises in the pots.

Here are the current status:

Pot 1:

Spain
Holland
Germany
England
Portugal
Italy
Croatia
Norway
Greece

Pot 2:

Serbia
Slovenia
Russia
France
Montenegro
Switzerland
Slovakia
Denmark
Sweden

Pot 3 (opponents that Israel can`t face in the qualifiers)

Israel
Bulgaria
Turkey
Czech Republic
Ireland
Ukraine
Belgium
Romania
Bosnia

Pot 4:

Albania
Hungary
Belarus
Georgia
Armenia
Nothern Ireland
Scotland
Poland

Pot 5:

Austria
Estonia
Latvia
Finland
Macedonia
Moldova
Cyprus
Azerbaijan
Wales

Pot 6:

Iceland
Luxembourg
Faroe Islands
Kazakhstan
Liechtenstein
Malta
Andorra
San Marino

It is not official, but this should be the pots for the qualifiers.

Best Draw IMO:

Greece
Slovakia
Israel
Albania
Azerbaijan
San Marino

Worst Draw:

Spain
France
Israel
Poland
Austria
Iceland

Best draw would have to be

Norway
Montenegro
Israel
Albania
Estonia
Andorra
post #11 of 153 (permalink) Old June 9th, 2011, 01:23
Rising Star

Teams: ISRAEL NT & Maccabi Haifa & Beitar Jerusalem!
^^ +1

I'd prefer San Marino instead of Andorra so therefore Israel can get more points for goals difference.

Israel #1
post #12 of 153 (permalink) Old June 9th, 2011, 03:56 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golasa12 View Post
Best draw would have to be

Norway
Montenegro
Israel
Albania
Estonia
Andorra
Montenegro is a good team! They are leading their group with England certainly there would be in theory weaker opponents in pot 2. And I agree with Makkabi that San Marino in theory would be better.
post #13 of 153 (permalink) Old June 9th, 2011, 12:13
ZZZ
Rising Star

To be honest I think Montenegro is over rated, I'd like to have them in israels group.
post #14 of 153 (permalink) Old June 9th, 2011, 22:22 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
To be honest I think Montenegro is over rated, I'd like to have them in israels group.
Well not even Moses was unanimous, so who I am to tell the truth
post #15 of 153 (permalink) Old June 10th, 2011, 11:43
Rising Star

Teams: Euro 2004 champs and AEK Athens
http://www.football-rankings.info/20...uefa-pots.html

Edgar posted his rankings and pots today. He said he would publish them on June 10. He usually is accurate and futbol journalists look at his site as well. The site, goal.com, had "officiallly announced" the seedings but didn't include recent results.

Pot 1: Spain, Netherlands, Germany, England, Portugal, Italy, Croatia, Norway, Greece
Pot 2: France, Montenegro, Russia, Sweden, Denmark, Slovenia, Turkey, Serbia, Slovakia
Pot 3: Switzerland, Israel, Republic of Ireland, Belgium, Czech Republic, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Belarus, Ukraine, Hungary
Pot 4: Bulgaria, Romania, Albania, Georgia, Lithuania, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Austria, Poland
Pot 5: Armenia, Estonia, Finland, Cyprus, Latvia, Moldova, FYR Macedonia, Azerbaijan, Faroe Islands
Pot 6: Wales, Liechtenstein, Iceland, Kazakhstan, Luxembourg, Malta, Andorra, San Marino

A few changes can still be made.

Only Romania and Estonia can move to a different pot. Albania, although scheduled to play Argentina, are already locked in pot 4 (win or lose).

Romania could still climb to pot 3 with a win against Paraguay tomorrow.

Estonia could still displace Poland in pot 4 with two wins against Chile and Uruguay.

Montenegro missed a huge opportunity. They could have been in the first pot with a win against Bulgaria, but managed only a draw.

1 Spain 1588
2 Netherlands 1542
3 Germany 1305
4 England 1146
5 Portugal 1076
6 Italy 1059
7 Croatia 1033
8 Norway 972
9 Greece 959
--------------------------------
10 France 920
11 Montenegro 915
12 Russia 914
13 Sweden 884
14 Denmark 857
15 Slovenia 833
16 Turkey 820
17 Serbia 797
18 Slovakia 779
19 Switzerland 778
20 Israel 771
21 Republic of Ireland 752
22 Belgium 691
23 Czech Republic 670
24 Bosnia-Herzegovina 642
25 Belarus 636
26 Ukraine 620
27 Hungary 603
28 Bulgaria 599
29 Romania 594
30 Albania 558
31 Georgia 530
32 Lithuania 526
33 Scotland 513
34 Northern Ireland 498
35 Austria 479
36 Poland 474
37 Armenia 462
38 Estonia 437
39 Finland 419
40 Cyprus 398
41 Latvia 388
42 Moldova 383
43 FYR Macedonia 338
44 Azerbaijan 282
45 Faroe Islands 273
45 Wales 273
47 Liechtenstein 253
48 Iceland 244
49 Kazakhstan 231
50 Luxembourg 213
51 Malta 83
52 Andorra 0
52 San Marino 0

[SIZE="1"]AEK 2007/2008=REAL Champions win on the field, not in the courts. Euro 2004 champs. Eurobasket 2005 and 1987 champs. FIBA WC 2006 Silver Medal. FIBA WC U19 Gold Medal 1995. Non-qualification equals no progressAlexander
post #16 of 153 (permalink) Old June 11th, 2011, 00:33 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by plato-ny View Post
http://www.football-rankings.info/20...uefa-pots.html

Edgar posted his rankings and pots today. He said he would publish them on June 10. He usually is accurate and futbol journalists look at his site as well. The site, goal.com, had "officiallly announced" the seedings but didn't include recent results.

Pot 1: Spain, Netherlands, Germany, England, Portugal, Italy, Croatia, Norway, Greece
Pot 2: France, Montenegro, Russia, Sweden, Denmark, Slovenia, Turkey, Serbia, Slovakia
Pot 3: Switzerland, Israel, Republic of Ireland, Belgium, Czech Republic, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Belarus, Ukraine, Hungary
Pot 4: Bulgaria, Romania, Albania, Georgia, Lithuania, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Austria, Poland
Pot 5: Armenia, Estonia, Finland, Cyprus, Latvia, Moldova, FYR Macedonia, Azerbaijan, Faroe Islands
Pot 6: Wales, Liechtenstein, Iceland, Kazakhstan, Luxembourg, Malta, Andorra, San Marino

A few changes can still be made.

Only Romania and Estonia can move to a different pot. Albania, although scheduled to play Argentina, are already locked in pot 4 (win or lose).

Romania could still climb to pot 3 with a win against Paraguay tomorrow.

Estonia could still displace Poland in pot 4 with two wins against Chile and Uruguay.

Montenegro missed a huge opportunity. They could have been in the first pot with a win against Bulgaria, but managed only a draw.

1 Spain 1588
2 Netherlands 1542
3 Germany 1305
4 England 1146
5 Portugal 1076
6 Italy 1059
7 Croatia 1033
8 Norway 972
9 Greece 959
10 France 920
11 Montenegro 915
12 Russia 914
13 Sweden 884
14 Denmark 857
15 Slovenia 833
16 Turkey 820
17 Serbia 797
18 Slovakia 779
19 Switzerland 778
20 Israel 771
21 Republic of Ireland 752
22 Belgium 691
23 Czech Republic 670
24 Bosnia-Herzegovina 642
25 Belarus 636
26 Ukraine 620
27 Hungary 603
28 Bulgaria 599
29 Romania 594
30 Albania 558
31 Georgia 530
32 Lithuania 526
33 Scotland 513
34 Northern Ireland 498
35 Austria 479
36 Poland 474
37 Armenia 462
38 Estonia 437
39 Finland 419
40 Cyprus 398
41 Latvia 388
42 Moldova 383
43 FYR Macedonia 338
44 Azerbaijan 282
45 Faroe Islands 273
45 Wales 273
47 Liechtenstein 253
48 Iceland 244
49 Kazakhstan 231
50 Luxembourg 213
51 Malta 83
52 Andorra 0
52 San Marino 0

Thank you for sharing the information

Well analysing the previous one I have posted plus this ranking you mentioned there are very few changes.

This ranking also just confirms what I said about Montenegro, there are ahead of us in the pots and plus they were almost on Pot 1!! So yes, Montenegro would be a tough opponents as any of the former Yugoslavia countries. It is better to avoid them as they are always tough games.
post #17 of 153 (permalink) Old July 29th, 2011, 15:46 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Tommorow will be held the official draw for the World Cup 2014 qualifiers in Brazil. Avi Luzon has traveled together with Luis Fernandez to represent Israel in the event.
post #18 of 153 (permalink) Old July 29th, 2011, 17:14
Rising Star

Teams: Chelsea & Steaua Bucuresti
The Dream Group for Israel would Be:
1. Greece
2.Slovakia
3.Israel
4.Albania
5.Faroe Islands
6.San Marino
post #19 of 153 (permalink) Old July 29th, 2011, 17:45
Legend

Doubt Israel will get Greece again.

Slovakia looks interesting.

the only question in mind for 2014 is.........
Can I have a place to crash in the land of Brazil, regardless of the outcome of the draw?

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #20 of 153 (permalink) Old July 30th, 2011, 20:53
Rising Star

Just drawn into Group F!

So far:

3. Israel
4. Northern Ireland
5. Azerbaijan
6. Luxemborg

Not scary at all so far. We'll see who the top seeds are though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in