Euro 2012 Qualifiers: Israel Vs. Georgia - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2011, 04:34 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Euro 2012 Qualifiers: Israel Vs. Georgia

What in the beginning of the campaign was meant to be one of our easiest games has now become one of the most dangerous and vital of Israel´s qualifiers.

The group has a fierce battle for the two first spots and Israel until has 7 points from 5 matches lying in fourth place in the standings. With the dramatic win over Malta last Saturday Greece is topping the group with 11 points followed by Croatia with 10 and surprising Georgia with 9. If Israel still hopes to qualify it will need no other result than three points on Tuesday at Bloomfield.

Despite the win over Latvia, Israel could present some changes in the lineup as Maor Buzaglo is a hot candidate to start after coming from the bench and changing the game in favour for the blue and white. Keinan could assume Itsik Cohen´s place, but this is still doubtful change. Other than this, Israel should start with the same players.

As for Georgia, the 1-0 win over Croatia on Saturday bring the team motivated in beating Israel and has fired up their hopes of qualification. Maccabi Haifa player Vladimir Dvalishvili could play in the game against Israel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2011, 19:33
Rising Star

Teams: M. Tel-Aviv, Israel NT
I would love to see this line-up:

--------- Barda ---- Sahar -----------
-------------- Natkho ----------------
Refaelov ---------------------- Buzaglo
------------ Kiyal(A. Cohen) ----------
--------------------------------------
Ziv(Twatiha) ------------------ Bondar
------ Ben Haim --- Keinan(Gershon) ---
-------------- Aouate -----------------

Buzaglo started in the 2-1 victory over Russia and no one has yet learned the lesson... :rollani:

I read that Fernandez wants to play a 4-3-3 with Kiyal and Almog, which is not a good idea. You can't have 2 DMs in an offensive system like that. Benayoun is definitely going to play in this game(unless we're leading by at least 2 goals, which i doubt lol), so I would expect him to come in at around the 65th minute.

Overall, 3 points is a must. Yes, they beat Croatia in the 90th minute, but they did it by playing bunker and counter-attacking, AT HOME. I don't expect much offense from them at Bloomfield. They'll probably start with Dvalishvili upfront and that's it. They'll play the counter-attack, so it's important for Israel to control the ball and keep possession. We can't afford any stupid mistakes because Georgia, unlike Latvia, will cash in on it.

To collect 3 points, against a team like this, will require Israel to use its brain. It's possible... :hopeful:
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2011, 20:12
Rising Star

Teams: ISRAEL NT & Maccabi Haifa & Beitar Jerusalem!
Israel will win this game!!!

Israel #1

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old March 29th, 2011, 00:47
Premier Player

I thought Damari did alright against Latvia, I would favor us doing a 4-4-2, we don't need three central midfielders against Georgia...
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old March 29th, 2011, 11:19 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Dvalishvili is their striker, we know him already and we know that he is good and dangerous, but nothing special and nothing we can´t handle. They have a good team game and that is what Israel will have to deal with today.

Honestly I don´t what to expect anymore from our lineup and from Fernandez, actually that is his pattern. The thing is Buzaglo should start after his great performance against Latvia the problem (or better saying the solution?) is who will he take? Will he change tactics after the team won the previous match? Don´t think so and he is not the type of coach who makes decisions pressured by the fans and media.
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old March 29th, 2011, 15:08
Rookie

Teams: Georgia NT, England NT, LIVERPOOL, Dinamo Tbilisi
Hey Guys excited for the game, I'd say tie or a win for Georgia we are not Latvia u know

MORITURI TE SALUTAMUS
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old March 29th, 2011, 17:32
Rising Star

4-5-1

Aouate
Bondarv-Ben Haim-Keinan-Gershon
Buzaglo-Kayal-Natcho-Almog Cohen-Rafaelov
Barda

Dvashvilli on the bench for Georgia
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old March 29th, 2011, 17:43
Premier Player

Teams: Maccabi Tel Aviv
3 defensive midfielders....dunno what to say, at least Almog Cohen and Bibars Natkho tend to go forward sometimes....in general i would love this lineup with another forward
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old March 29th, 2011, 19:00
Rising Star

0-0 Half-time

:/

Israel #1
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old March 29th, 2011, 19:00
Rising Star

Natkho is an attacking midfielder. That's one of the problems with our NT. Every NT coach we've had tends to place the players out of their natural position and therefore we never get anywhere...

I like to view this line-up as a 4-2-3-1, which would be good if we were playing in Tbilisi. We're playing at home though, so we should have an extra striker upfront.

Btw, any live streams?
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old March 29th, 2011, 19:26
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daweed View Post
]
Btw, any live streams?
Can't find a working one to save my life- can anyone update on how the 2nd half's going. Looks like 1-0 Israel!
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old March 29th, 2011, 19:38
Rising Star

Tal Ben-Haim(M. Petach Tikva) scored after only 6 minutes on the pitch. I'd rather have Sahar come on, but as long as Luzon's products are actually productive, I won't complain.

15 more minutes!
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old March 29th, 2011, 19:59
Rising Star

1-0 to Israel - Full-time!

ISRAEL!!!

Israel #1
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old March 29th, 2011, 20:04
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MakkabI] View Post
Israel will win this game!!!

Israel #1
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old March 29th, 2011, 22:51 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_Of_Anfield View Post
Hey Guys excited for the game, I'd say tie or a win for Georgia we are not Latvia u know
Certainly you are not Latvia, you guys have been very efficient in this qualifiers and despite the loss Georgia has chances to advance.

Good luck in your next matches
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old March 29th, 2011, 22:56 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

I believe the formation used today was better than the one used against Latvia, we had a reinforced midfield defensively speaking, but we had ball posession and more quality in passing.

Fernandez is the real winner of these two matches since he has been harshly criticized and Israel are back again in the fight. Maybe without the pressure and with no believing in the NT we could have better results.

The thing is there is no coherent criteria. For instance, Yoav Ziv and Itsik Cohen, Omer Damari both of them starters against Latvia weren´t even on the bench against Georgia. We started with a 3-5-2 formation and now a 4-4-2. So it is kind of difficult to find a team to gel up and we end up depending on individual brilliance of our players.
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old March 30th, 2011, 00:11
Premier Player

I didn't get to watch the game, but I'm glad we won, how did we play? Now we need to win our next game against Latvia.

Last edited by Golasa12; March 30th, 2011 at 02:55.
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old March 30th, 2011, 00:12
Rising Star

We have 4 points from Georgia, 3 from Latvia, and 3 from Malta so far. We have to get all 6 points from Latvia and Malta. With that said, the 2 biggest matches are in September. If we play Greece in Bloomfield, I believe we will win. They were lucky to beat MALTA :frustrat:, so we better take care of them at home. As for the game in Zagreb, we have enough talented players to collect 3 points there, but it will be difficult. Even though they lost to Georgia, they still tied in France today. It'll be interesting to see how they respond to the Georgians in June.

Getting 12 points from our last 4 games, which will be hard but not impossible, would put us in EURO 2012 without a doubt. Regardless, we need at least 10 points to keep us in the race and would most likely push us back into Pot 2.

We have what it takes to qualify, the players just need to break that mental barrier. We are better than Malta, Latvia, Georgia, and even Greece, but we have to play like it too. Sometimes, the players play like they're scared of the ball and the opponent when they shouldn't be and that just drives me crazy! If we control the ball, keep possession, eliminate stupid mistakes(by NT standards), and improve our passing and vision, we will get far.
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old March 30th, 2011, 02:13
Premier Player

Players like Buzgalo, Barda and Rafaelov are great because they aren't afraid to attack...
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old March 30th, 2011, 02:56
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
Great match...not the best again, but Fernendez can clearly see who to bench and who to bring on...hopefully in the next games in april (?) we will have a fit team with Benayoun in the starting line up!!!!

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in