EURO 2012 Qualifiers: Israel Vs. Latvia - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 66 (permalink) Old March 16th, 2011, 17:46 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
EURO 2012 Qualifiers: Israel Vs. Latvia

Luis Fernandez has called the NT squad for the upcoming matches of the Euro 2012 qualifiers:

Keepers:

Dudu Aouate (Mallorca), Ariel Harush (Beitar Jerusalem), Dudu Goresh (Hapoel Acco)

Defenders:

Dekel Keinan (Cardiff City)
Tal Ben Haim (Portsmouth)
Rami Guershon (Kortrijk)
Itzik Cohen (Hapoel Acco)
Dani Bondar (Hapoel Tel Aviv)
Taleb Twataha (Maccabi Haifa)
Yoav Ziv (Maccabi Tel Aviv)

Midfielders:

Bibras Natkho (Rubin Kazan)
Biram Kiyal (Celtic)
Almog Cohen (Nurenberg)
Gal Alberman (Maccabi Tel Aviv)
Eyal Golasa (Maccabi Haifa)
Lior Refaelov (Maccabi Haifa)
Eran Zahavi (Hapoel Tel Aviv)
Gili Vermut (Hapoel Tel Aviv)
Elroy Cohen (Hapoel Tel Aviv)
Maor Buzaglo (Maccabi Tel Aviv)
Yossi Benayoun (Chelsea)

Forwards:

Elyaniv Barda (Genk)
Ben Sahar (Hapoel Tel Aviv)
Omer Damari (Maccabi Petah Tikva)
Dudu Biton (Charleroi)

Not many surprises in the call up from what we have been used of Fernandez, who continues to give credit to some players like Itzik Cohen and Yoav Ziv. Taleb Twataha may be the only surprising player in the list.

Yossi Benayoun who hasn´t played in the last 5 months was called up by Fernandez despite his recent recovery from injury. The Frenchman expects to have Benayoun as a possible option in the case of necessity during the Latvia and Georgia games.

Other player that has received credit was Dudu Biton. The striker left Israel as the top scorer in the league and has been in good form at his new club Charleroi at Belgium.

What do you guys think of the call up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 66 (permalink) Old March 16th, 2011, 18:03
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: INTER
Well it's hard cause again, we got so many great stirkers in form.

Tamuz, Atar, Ben-Basat.. these guys deserve a callup too, but honestly I can't see who I would pass for thier favor.. Dudu Biton is the only one - but I think keeping him is importent cause he's a diffrent style striker then all the rest of these guys and he doesn't stop scoring this season.

I do think Elroy Cohen doesn't deserve to be picked ahead of Melikson for example, but thats not that bad I guess.

Overall an ok callup, I just love our midfield.. hope they won't dissapoint me and especiely that Fernandez will choose the proper lineup/players and not keep experimenting.

Don't waste your time on jealously; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind.

The race is long, and in the end - it's only with yourself.
post #3 of 66 (permalink) Old March 16th, 2011, 20:12
Rising Star

Teams: M. Tel-Aviv, Israel NT
I hope Fernandez knows what he's doing. Looking at the call-ups, I see too many names that require an explanation. That's not good at the NT level.

Goresh - When you have Ohad Levita available, Dudu should not be anywhere near the NT.

I. Cohen - How can you even think of calling up a domestic-based defender when you have Matan Ohayon and Ze'ev Haimovich playing in better leagues?

Alberman and E. Cohen - These two are just taking up space. Maor Melikson definitely deserves a callup more than them, by far.

Golasa - Tremendous potential. Had he gone to Italy, he would definitely be on my list. He's still very young and is more suitable for the U-21's.

Omer Damari - I don't get this call-up at all. You have Arbeitman and Toto Tamuz in your arsenal and you call up this kid? Seriously, if you're going to give someone a chance, at least give it to someone who deserves it, like Eden Ben-Basat.

Overall, the players called up should be able to beat Latvia and Georgia. In my opinion, we could've had a better and stronger call-up. Although Taleb Twatiha is considered a surprise, I'm actually delighted. Ben-Dayan's injury is a blessing for the NT. I would've prefered Nir Mantsur, but Taleb has some good potential, too. I can't stress out enough how badly we lack talent at this position, so it's nice to see new blood. Also, he clearly wants to lose Maor Melikson to Poland... :frustrat:

He called up too many midfielders when he should be focusing on forwards, given our current situation in the group. As long as he plays a '4-4-2 Diamond' or 4-3-3 formation, we'll get 6 points.
Yalla Yisrael!!!

post #4 of 66 (permalink) Old March 16th, 2011, 23:59 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

I agree with Or when he says our midfield looks great. Maybe it is the best options we could have in this position.
Maybe the only absence would be Melikson, but I don`t even think he would start anyways.

Daweed observed that we have plenty of midfielders, not many defenders and let alone strikers. It has been something usual of Fernandez callups as he loves to invent new formations in the middle of the competition which certainly is not very wise since we have little time to work with.
We have an extra spot in midfield because Yoav Ziv could play on both sides of defense which means he wouldn`t need to call an extra sideback.

Maybe since our midfield is currently strong point Fernandez could manage a surprise and field a five man midfield, plus a second top being a player like Vermut or Refaelov. Guershon would be the third man in defense to join Ben Haim and Keinan and during the game he could switch to a four man defense if he places Ziv on the left flank and probably placing Elroy Cohen on the right wing, leaving a space for Kiyal, Almog Cohen and Zahavi in the centre.
Barda must be the logical bet as the striker upfront. Anyways, it is just a possible scenario based on what we have seen in previous games.

My lineup for the game based on the list announced by Fernandez:

--------------------------------Aouate-------------------------------

------Bondar-----------Keinan------------Ben Haim---------Guershon--

-------------------Kiyal---------------Almog Cohen------------------

--------------Zahavi-------------------------Refaelov-------------

-----------------------Barda---------Ben Sahar---------------------

My explanation: From the list, Bondar is the only natural rightback and the one who best defends. Twataha is a natural leftback, but don`t know if we could still trust him in such an important match and with all the pressure around the NT. Guershon is a central defender, but leftfooted and could play this position better than Ziv that as we know doesn`t defend well.
In defensive midfield, our current strong point as both Biram Kiyal and Almog Cohen are in great form and will make good pair, Zahavi must start IMO. The most intelligent player of this midfield, great passing and vision and certainly will help us and Refaelov helping him out. Lior is in great form and his brilliant individual slaloms could manage us points. Barda is our most complete forward currently and the most stable one as well while Ben Sahar the most lethal striker as he regained his confidence.

Vermut will have to wait to second half as in the NT he is dissapointing while Natkho and Golasa could also start in the team, but competition for a spot is tough.
post #5 of 66 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2011, 00:15
Premier Player

Gal Alberman, Elroee Cohen, Yoav Ziv and Itzik Cohen shouldnt be playing for the national team. Other than that I'm alright with the call up, I would tend to agree that Golasa would probably be better off with the U-21's, I don't think he has quite realized his potential. I like the call up of the strikers. Damari and Biton are both more physical strikers with decent speed and could cause the opposing teams some trouble. We are stacked in the midfield, but could use some help in the striking and defending departments, I wonder if Yossi will play at all..
post #6 of 66 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2011, 01:58
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golasa12 View Post
Gal Alberman, Elroee Cohen, Yoav Ziv and Itzik Cohen shouldnt be playing for the national team. Other than that I'm alright with the call up, I would tend to agree that Golasa would probably be better off with the U-21's, I don't think he has quite realized his potential. I like the call up of the strikers. Damari and Biton are both more physical strikers with decent speed and could cause the opposing teams some trouble. We are stacked in the midfield, but could use some help in the striking and defending departments, I wonder if Yossi will play at all..
I tend to agree with you, but I think Golasa's shown he's ready to play at this level. From what I saw of the Serbia game, he was one of the few Israeli players who was really threatening offensively at all. He can certainly develop more, but I think he needs a high level of competition.

As for the strikers, does anyone know why Arbeitman hasn't been playing much lately for Gent? Might explain why Fernandez didn't call him.
post #7 of 66 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2011, 03:13
Premier Player

Probably because the other strikers that Gent have are better than Arbeitman. Perhaps when Haifa sell Dvalishvili he will come back there on loan in the summer. The player I can't wait for to break into a first team situation is Gai Assulin. Every time I watch him play you can tell he is level above everyone else around him on the field, I think he is injured right now, but hopefully he will recover.
post #8 of 66 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2011, 03:55
Rising Star

Teams: Liverpool
5-0 Israel
post #9 of 66 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2011, 14:56 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior View Post
5-0 Israel
Hopefully you are right. I really wanted to be optimistic, but can´t really think of it in our current form.
post #10 of 66 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2011, 19:41
Premier Player

Teams: Maccabi Tel Aviv
bah we will lose....i hate myself...rooting for two pieces of sh!t teams like Israel and Venezuela.....Vanuatu would give me more joy than these craps....
post #11 of 66 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2011, 12:14 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Bad news for Israel: Dudu Aouate injured himself in Mallorca´s game this weekend and is feeling a lot of pain in his ankle and is in doubt for the matches against Latvia and Gerogia.
post #12 of 66 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2011, 19:58
Rising Star

Teams: M. Tel-Aviv, Israel NT
Based on the call-ups, my line-up would go like this:

------------- Barda ------ Sahar --------------
------------------- Natkho --------------------
Refaelov ------------------------------ Buzaglo
-------------------- Kiyal ---------------------
-----------------------------------------------
Ziv ------------------------------------ Bondar
---------- Ben Haim ------ Keinan --------------
------------------ Aouate ---------------------

Aouate said he's going to play. Gershon can easily replace Ben Haim or Keinan in the starting line-up, but he can't play Left-back. His failure to play the off-side at the LB position cost us a goal against Greece(or Croatia?). He's not used to the positioning and shouldn't be asked to adjust at the NT level. It's really hard to choose between Kiyal and Almog Cohen, but Kiyal has had a great season so far in Scotland and Alex Ferguson is interested in signing him. Buzaglo should start on the right wing over Zahavi and Vermut simply because he RUNS for 120 minutes, which is rare for a player in the Israeli league. I'd rather have Vermut or Zahavi come off the bench and play the "Joker"-role in the last 20-30 minutes of the game. I'm under the assumption that Benayoun won't start(or play) against Latvia, so I'm going with Natkho as the AM. Barda and Sahar up front are no-brainers since Tamuz and Arbeitman weren't called up.

I read somewhere(either Sport5 or One) that Luis is planning to play a 5-3-2. If that is the case, then qualification is over for us and this will be his only campaign. 6 points is the only option for Israel right now and he needs to show that sense of urgency. This would be worse than playing the 5-3-2 against Croatia at home back in October!

This is not the youth teams for gods sake! This is the f**ckin SENIOR TEAM! :frustrat: You only call up the best players in the nation and play to their strengths, tactically. So far, Luis and the last coach have failed to do that. :thmbdown: Ironically, it's Purim and we desperately need a miracle... :rollani:
post #13 of 66 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2011, 02:14
Premier Player

It would certainly be a shame if we played in a formation like that against Latvia...lol
post #14 of 66 (permalink) Old March 23rd, 2011, 01:59 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daweed View Post
Based on the call-ups, my line-up would go like this:

------------- Barda ------ Sahar --------------
------------------- Natkho --------------------
Refaelov ------------------------------ Buzaglo
-------------------- Kiyal ---------------------
-----------------------------------------------
Ziv ------------------------------------ Bondar
---------- Ben Haim ------ Keinan --------------
------------------ Aouate ---------------------

Aouate said he's going to play. Gershon can easily replace Ben Haim or Keinan in the starting line-up, but he can't play Left-back. His failure to play the off-side at the LB position cost us a goal against Greece(or Croatia?). He's not used to the positioning and shouldn't be asked to adjust at the NT level. It's really hard to choose between Kiyal and Almog Cohen, but Kiyal has had a great season so far in Scotland and Alex Ferguson is interested in signing him. Buzaglo should start on the right wing over Zahavi and Vermut simply because he RUNS for 120 minutes, which is rare for a player in the Israeli league. I'd rather have Vermut or Zahavi come off the bench and play the "Joker"-role in the last 20-30 minutes of the game. I'm under the assumption that Benayoun won't start(or play) against Latvia, so I'm going with Natkho as the AM. Barda and Sahar up front are no-brainers since Tamuz and Arbeitman weren't called up.

I read somewhere(either Sport5 or One) that Luis is planning to play a 5-3-2. If that is the case, then qualification is over for us and this will be his only campaign. 6 points is the only option for Israel right now and he needs to show that sense of urgency. This would be worse than playing the 5-3-2 against Croatia at home back in October!

This is not the youth teams for gods sake! This is the f**ckin SENIOR TEAM! :frustrat: You only call up the best players in the nation and play to their strengths, tactically. So far, Luis and the last coach have failed to do that. :thmbdown: Ironically, it's Purim and we desperately need a miracle... :rollani:
Your lineup is good and it would be a good option. Unfortunately our sideback positions are very weak and from this call up the best option would be Ziv indeed (even though I seriously think that even Guershon could play better in that role than Ziv).

I also like very much Natkho in this midfield, normally the media doesn`t give him much attention, but he is a great passer and has great vision. he should be important for us to make the transition from defense to offense with quality and to hold the possesion as well. Without Benayoun he could be this player behind the strikers.

I would say that Almog Cohen and Biram Kiyal could play together as defensive midfielders, better saying they SHOULD play instead of only one of them because even against Latvia our defense is exposed and fragile.
We would sacrifice one striker being Barda or Sahar the lonely striker, but on the other hand we would have three quality players in offensive midfield to make the ball turn around against a probable tight Latvian defense. Refaelov is one of these players, with his good form and excellent dribbling skills, Natlho should be this player behind the strikers and I would choose Zahavi as the other one, but apparently he was thrown out of the squad. So that would leave Vermut or Buzaglo.
post #15 of 66 (permalink) Old March 23rd, 2011, 02:05
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I'm not even gonna try and predict the lineup, cause I know Fernandez will fvck it up with some wierd shit again.

I absolutely have ZERO expectation comming to these games.. none.

Don't waste your time on jealously; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind.

post #16 of 66 (permalink) Old March 23rd, 2011, 03:21
Premier Player

That's a good way to look at things, I wouldn't be surprised if they lose or tie both games...
post #17 of 66 (permalink) Old March 23rd, 2011, 03:42 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

To be honest I never felt so dissapointed with the NT and with really low expectations. It is sad, I want to support the team until the end, but at the same time I don`t see why extending a campaign with Fernandez at helm while we aren`t improving in nothing at all.
post #18 of 66 (permalink) Old March 23rd, 2011, 04:29
Rising Star

The mess with Zehavi can't be helping matters. I hate to say it but I'm not optimistic about the Latvia match.
post #19 of 66 (permalink) Old March 23rd, 2011, 16:24
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Screw him.

I mean I love this guy, and I was the first one raving about how much of a cracking player he is/will be once he reachs Europe too.

But this guy clearly has himself in his mind, he doesn't even care about the NT according to his behavior.

I mean just look at how he said 'sorry' about this whole issue, he said something like :

"I made a stupid mistake, and you gotta pay for those, it's importent for me to play cause alot of people was supposed to come and watch me play(scouts) and also for the Nivheret. it's my dream to play in the NT since i'm 5 years old".

I mean REALLY? thats how you apologize?! fvck this guy, he can stay in home and invite his scouts to his Hapoel games.

post #20 of 66 (permalink) Old March 24th, 2011, 00:02 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanko 05 View Post
Screw him.

I mean I love this guy, and I was the first one raving about how much of a cracking player he is/will be once he reachs Europe too.

But this guy clearly has himself in his mind, he doesn't even care about the NT according to his behavior.

I mean just look at how he said 'sorry' about this whole issue, he said something like :

"I made a stupid mistake, and you gotta pay for those, it's importent for me to play cause alot of people was supposed to come and watch me play(scouts) and also for the Nivheret. it's my dream to play in the NT since i'm 5 years old".

I mean REALLY? thats how you apologize?! fvck this guy, he can stay in home and invite his scouts to his Hapoel games.
Yeah, that isn`t exactly a way to apologize or to regret a behaviour. I really think Zahavi is a great player and would add a lot, but Fernandez is right in one point: he is keeping discipline which during many years we lacked in the NT.
But since the results and experiences in the NT aren`t working, anything Fernandez does is already carried with criticism by fans and especially by the media.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in