Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Euro 2012 qualifiers: Israel Vs. Malta

Vs.

COMPETITION: Euro 2012 Qualifiers . Group F

VENUE:: Ramat Gan Stadium, Tel Aviv, Israel

Kickoff: 21:15 (local time)

Israel starts its campaign of the Euro 2012 qualifiers and try to qualify to a major tournament since 1970. The blue & white count with a new coach, Frenchmen Luis Fernandez who will have the mission to guide the talented and young team.
Malta comes from a bad campaign in the previous qualifiers and will try to restore a bit of its pride in these qualifiers.

What are your thoughts to this game and what are your lineup expectations?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 62 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2010, 05:57 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

The formation I would play from the last Fernandez has called:

-----------------------------Aouate------------------------------------

------Bondarv---------Ben Haim--------------Keinan-----Shish--------

----------------------------------Kiyal-------------------------------

----------Vermut--------------Benayoun-----------Zahavi (Refaelov)--

--------------------Shechter(Arbeitman)-----------Sahar--------------

A 4-1-3-2 formation. Malta will be too much closed and will attack with few players, no need for another holding defensive midfielder alongside Kiyal. The defensive four are the only options we have so nothing new over there, now here comes the issues:

- Why Shish over Ziv?? Because Shish is a typical leftback. Advances when feeling a safe zone and has good defending. Ziv is better in offense, but his marking is very poor (we could observe this is the PSG games), with only one holding midfielder (Kiyal) our sidebacks can`t be too aggressive and will need more defensive skills.

- Kiyal as lone defensive midfielder. He is in great form. Good tackle and marking and best of all his passing has improved a lot, so he won`t only mark he will be more effective in making the ball reach the offensive midfielders in a quality way. Plus, Kiyal has a very good long range shot which could also be important against a closed defense that we expect to see against Malta.

- The playmaking trio, Vermut, Benayoun and Zahavi. Benayoun is our captain and needless to say our key player. IMO he is better used in center of the field and not in the flank like Rafa Benitez liked to use him at Liverpool. In the center of the picth he could move more with the ball and use his vision and technique crafting plays with more freedom. Vermut is absolutely in great form since last season. Technical, great vision and dribbling he is the type of player that Israel will need to help Benayoun to create the moves. Zahavi on the other side. He isn`t talked too much, but he has been outstanding for Hapoel. Plus, he apparently was blessed to be the man of the big games and why not have him in the team. His passing is very good, we will need it. I placed in doubt Refaelov in his place. Lior has maybe the best dribbling in the league. With tight defense and with small spaces, his dribbles could help to take the defense out.

- Upfront Sahar and Shechter. The two best strikers we have IMO. The most complete ones, could play in different positions, shoot with both feet, good technique, dribble, speed, vision, header and so on. The fact that both are playing together at Hapoel could even be another advantage. If Atar was available I would be in doubt since Eliran is in great form at Maccabi Tel Aviv. if Shechter isn`t available in time for the Malta game, Arbeitman should be the guy to take the spot.

And apart of the game I really optimistic about the campaign. I believe fernandez is little by little implimenting a good way in the NT and a strong mentality.
post #3 of 62 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2010, 06:03
Premier Player

Teams: Maccabi Tel Aviv
if we dont win i will chop my balls....!!!!

Schnorrer's lineup....

----------------Aouate

-Bondarv---Ben Haim---Keinan---Shish

--------T.Cohen----------Kiyal

-Vermouth-----------------Benayoun

---------Shechter----------Arbeitman

btw guys finally we will see our new jersey....well if Adidas dont do the usual screw Israel and lets them use the same uniform for like 5 yrs...! :@

Last edited by Schnorrer; August 31st, 2010 at 06:10.

post #4 of 62 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2010, 06:10 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnorrer View Post
if we dont win i will chop my balls....!!!!
That is the spirit my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnorrer View Post
Schnorrer's lineup....

----------------Aouate

-Bondarv---Ben Haim---Keinan---Shish

--------T.Cohen----------Kiyal

-Vermouth------Benayoun--------Zahavi

---------Shechter----------Arbeitman

btw guys finally we will see our new jersey....well if Adidas dont do the usual screw Israel and lets them use the same uniform for like 5 yrs...! :@
Your formation has one player more. Decide yourself

About the uniform, from what I have seen it looks nicer than the last campaign.
post #5 of 62 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2010, 07:49
Rising Star

---------------------------------Aouate--------------------------------

----Bondar----------Ben Haim----------------Keinen--------Ben Dayan--

----------------------------------Kiyal---------------------------------

----Vermuth-------------------------------------------------Zahavi----

--------------------------------Benayoun-------------------------------

---------------------Shechter---------------Sahar----------------------
post #6 of 62 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2010, 13:08
Rising Star

Teams: Liverpool
I dont know about Tamir Cohen for these games. He hasn't even been on the bench for Bolton. Ben-Haim should be healthy, but is also lacking match fitness as he has only played in one game for west ham in the league cup.

Israel must score goals! 1-0 or 2-0 is not good enough. Is Shechter healthy? What about Colautti up front, or is he also injured?

I haven't been following the Israeli league lately, but is Maor Buzaglo healthy and how has he been playing?
post #7 of 62 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2010, 14:08
Premier Player

I've been reading the Israeli websites and apparently Tamir Cohen will partner Tal Ben-Haim alongside in defense. He apparently is split between Almog Cohen and Biram Kiyal.

-----------Sahar-------------Arbeitman---------
-Benayoun---------Zahavi-----------Vermuth----
-------------------???????----------------------
Ben-Dayan-------------------------------Bonder
-------------Ben-Haim----T.Cohen---------------
---------------------Dudu-----------------------
post #8 of 62 (permalink) Old September 1st, 2010, 04:19 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior View Post
I dont know about Tamir Cohen for these games. He hasn't even been on the bench for Bolton. Ben-Haim should be healthy, but is also lacking match fitness as he has only played in one game for west ham in the league cup.

Israel must score goals! 1-0 or 2-0 is not good enough. Is Shechter healthy? What about Colautti up front, or is he also injured?

I haven't been following the Israeli league lately, but is Maor Buzaglo healthy and how has he been playing?
Collauti is injured and wasn`t called up. Shechter is still in doubt recovering from his pulled muscle in the second leg of the Red Bull Salzburg, but probably he will be spared for the Georgia game.

As for Buzaglo, Nimni has been placing him in the bench!! And by consequence he isn`t gaining enough confidence and playing time. Unfortunately some people around him and inside Maccabi are harming his career.
post #9 of 62 (permalink) Old September 1st, 2010, 04:23 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golasa12 View Post
I've been reading the Israeli websites and apparently Tamir Cohen will partner Tal Ben-Haim alongside in defense. He apparently is split between Almog Cohen and Biram Kiyal.

-----------Sahar-------------Arbeitman---------
-Benayoun---------Zahavi-----------Vermuth----
-------------------???????----------------------
Ben-Dayan-------------------------------Bonder
-------------Ben-Haim----T.Cohen---------------
---------------------Dudu-----------------------
Yes it true. Fernandez tested Tamir Cohen in central defense in that training camp so it is no surprise to me that he will start alongside Ben Haim. Risky IMO, but we should give Fernandez credit.

As for defensive midfielder, I would place Kiyal, but honestly I don`t know how Almog Cohen is playing.
post #10 of 62 (permalink) Old September 1st, 2010, 04:25 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by daydreamer View Post
---------------------------------Aouate--------------------------------

----Bondar----------Ben Haim----------------Keinen--------Ben Dayan--

----------------------------------Kiyal---------------------------------

----Vermuth-------------------------------------------------Zahavi----

--------------------------------Benayoun-------------------------------

---------------------Shechter---------------Sahar----------------------
Ben Dayan wasn`t called up. As leftback we have Ziv and Shish as options. Unless Fernandez prepared another surprise.
post #11 of 62 (permalink) Old September 1st, 2010, 05:31
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: INTER
He was called up, they forgot to name him.

Indeed playing Tamir Cohen at CB is kinda stupid, especiely when i'm preety sure he didn't go to one game of his to watch him play + he's not even playing at Bolton since the begining of the season.

Don't waste your time on jealously; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind.

The race is long, and in the end - it's only with yourself.
post #12 of 62 (permalink) Old September 1st, 2010, 05:45
Premier Player

I think CB suits Tamir well, doesn't really have top notch technical skills, but he can run with other players and is good in the air. He is one of the more natural athletes we have on the team. Perhaps if he is successful he will change positions at club level and the NT will benefit.
I also read that Rafaelov will start ahead of Vermouth.
post #13 of 62 (permalink) Old September 1st, 2010, 06:02 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanko 05 View Post
He was called up, they forgot to name him.

Indeed playing Tamir Cohen at CB is kinda stupid, especiely when i'm preety sure he didn't go to one game of his to watch him play + he's not even playing at Bolton since the begining of the season.
Why improvising if we have Keinan to play alongside Ben Haim? I also agree with this, but Fernandez saw what Tamir could do in the heart of defense I still give him credit.
post #14 of 62 (permalink) Old September 1st, 2010, 06:04 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golasa12 View Post
I think CB suits Tamir well, doesn't really have top notch technical skills, but he can run with other players and is good in the air. He is one of the more natural athletes we have on the team. Perhaps if he is successful he will change positions at club level and the NT will benefit.
I also read that Rafaelov will start ahead of Vermouth.
I mentioned in a Haifa thread that Refaelov is underestimated IMO. He is very gifted technically speaking and to open closed defenses like tommorows, his technique will be very important.

I wouldn´t be surprised if Fernandez started with Refaelov, apparently he is one of his favourite players. But I believe Vermut is in outstanding form as well. Good that we have options to choose and not call up Balili and Golan to lead our attack
post #15 of 62 (permalink) Old September 1st, 2010, 07:06
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Let's say, a home game against a weak opponent, thats a perfect senario for Refaelov.. but over Vermouth? you have to be kidding be Luis!

Don't waste your time on jealously; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind.

post #16 of 62 (permalink) Old September 1st, 2010, 13:20
Rising Star

Teams: Liverpool
http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition...oices-1.311368

Apparently Sharf isn't happy with Fernandez's call ups.

I find his comments to be EXTREMELY counter productive ahead of our first 2 matches. He really shouldn't be talking since he did NOTHING with the NT and no coach after him did any better. Pretty hypocritical IMO.

I like the idea of Tamir Cohen in CB. A strong, physical player with good heading. He might surprise us. And if he were to test him in CB, this would be the game to do it. Get him his experience in the easy games and if it works out, we'll finally have a decent partner for Ben-Haim.

Speaking of Ben-Haim, I really don't think he is good enough for the EPL right now. His quality is just not there anymore. It was stupid for him to leave Bolton in the first place and then not join Big Sam in Newcastle. Seems that Sammy got the best out of him and since then, he's been a bench warmer. Even with the NT, I remember so many mistake's he made, especially in that 1-0 loss in Croatia where he completely failed to mark Eduardo that cost us the game.
Maybe Grant will get him back on track at West Ham, but our defense is looking VERY shaky.

Dont take too much from this game if they win big, its Malta and no disrespect to Malta, because I remember them tying Israel back in 2003 and thats when we had Revivo, Nimi, Berkovic, Benayoun, Tal.

Israel - Malta 2-2
Date: 10/9/2003
Venue*: Atatürk Stadium, Antalya, Turkey
Attendance: 1300
Referee: Eric Blareau (Belgium)

* Israel was not allowed to host the game due to security concern.
Israel
Line-up: Shavit Elimeleh - Alon Harazi, Arik Benado, Shimon Gershon, Idan Tal - Walid Badir (Shai Holtzman, 75), Yossi Abuksis, Eyal Berkovich (Omri Afek, 43), Michael Zandberg (Yossi Benayoun, 60), Haim Revivo - Pini Balili
Goals: Haim Revivo (16), Pini Balili (79)
Yellow Cards: Shimon Gershon (80)
Red Cards: -
Coach: Avraham Grant

Malta
Line-up: Mario Muscat - Etienne Barbara, William Camenzuli, Jeffrey Chetcuti, Brian Said - Noel Turner, David Carabott, Stefan Giglio (Daniel Theuma, 79), Daniel Bogdanovic (Michael Ganea, 69) - Michael Mifsud, Chucks Nwoko (Adrian Mifsud, 88)
Goals: Michael Mifsud (51 pen), David Carabott (52)
Yellow Cards: Etienne Barbara (2), William Camenzuli (34), David Carabott (90+2)
Red Cards: -
Coach: Siegfried Held (Germany)
post #17 of 62 (permalink) Old September 1st, 2010, 14:04
Premier Player

The only problem I have with Sharf's comments, is who else is qualified to play at full-back for the NT? I don't mind him giving Bondar a try. If he has a bad game, then Fernandez can always call up Canada.
post #18 of 62 (permalink) Old September 1st, 2010, 14:27
Premier Player

Teams: Maccabi Tel Aviv
Sharf should STFU, he did nothing for us but bring us shame....leave Luis work in peace.....:frustrat:
post #19 of 62 (permalink) Old September 1st, 2010, 17:47
Rookie

How on earth is Israel's RB choice between Kende and Bondarv? This is truly unbelievable.
post #20 of 62 (permalink) Old September 1st, 2010, 17:53
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Don't even take anything Shaft say seriously.

This guy is on a vendetta against Avi Luzon.. and Fernandez sucsess is Luzon sucsess.

Not saying he will be sad if we do good, but he WILL be happy if we do bad, thats 100%.

Same like he's been talking about Maccabi in basketball cause he hates Pini Gershon.. he's a interesant from the first degree, disgrace of a humanbeing if you ask me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in