When will Golasa be ready? - Xtratime Community
View Poll Results: When will Golasa join the Israel National Team?
He's ready to start right now 2 22.22%
Part-time in 2010 and become a starter in 2011 6 66.67%
Sit in 2010 and part-time in 2011 1 11.11%
Wait until WC qualifiers in 2012-13 0 0%
Never 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2010, 00:54 Thread Starter
Rookie

When will Golasa be ready?

I've never seen Golasa play except video highlights online. I want to know when you guys think he'll be ready to go for the National Team. Please note whether you've seen him play or read stories about him or saw videos or what your basis for your decision are.

Last edited by Ranger99; January 30th, 2010 at 01:00.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2010, 02:28
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Intresting poll. IMO it all depends on who will be our next NT coach. If we have someone more on the Kashtan style of the old guard of coaches Golasa will probably wait a bit more for his chance, if we have a coach like Eyal Berkovic his time in the NT will be very soon.

Well, currently i am living outside of Israel so unfortunately i can´t watch all the games, but i do watch not only by videos, but full matches via internet.

Golasa is a very gifted player. Definitely one of the best of the upcoming generation of Israeli football. He is technical, good dribbling and mainly has a very good vision. He was in great form, unfortunately he is injured now and will only return in about two or three months which means through the end of the season.

Despite being very young he showed a lot of personality in decisive moments (against Aktobe he led the the incredible turnover and against Salzburg he was simply superb. In the group stage against the big teams he showed a lot of potential and was one of the few players to impress, managing to have rumours on a possible transfer in the summer).

Hopefully he will be in the senior squad for the next campaign and he could contribute immensely with the team.
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2010, 03:09
Premier Player

Teams: Maccabi Tel Aviv
pufffffff they gave minutes to Kiyal them Golasa is ready to even be the captain of team...

post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2010, 08:58
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
We have a few players that need to get in the NT before Golasa. He has potential, but then again, I can sit with anyone for a cup of coffee or some beer and discuss a list of players since 2001-2002 who I thought were young, talented and had a future for both the league, NT and playing abroad that simply fail..... We cannot let Golasa become something he may not turn out to be. Let him play, practice and show patience....

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2010, 11:43
ZZZ
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnorrer View Post
pufffffff they gave minutes to Kiyal them Golasa is ready to even be the captain of team...
Yeah, that's true, but I voted for second option, Part time for this year and starter for next year, only if he shows he deserves to be a starter of course.
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old January 31st, 2010, 02:09
Premier Player

well apparently he isn't leaving till next year, so hopefully that will give him some time develop and mature..
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old January 31st, 2010, 03:58
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: INTER
I bet as a punishment he will not play this season at Maccabi Haifa anymore, not alot of people get away with pulling something like that on Yaakov Shahar.

But as for the pull, defenitly not a starter now, but will blend in in time, i'm debating between 2 and 3.

And for the national team and in general, right now Biram Kiyal is a much more importent player then Golasa, I just don't get how he became the bash-bag of this forum.. he's one of the best players we've got and i'm not kidding.
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old January 31st, 2010, 04:59
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanko 05 View Post
I bet as a punishment he will not play this season at Maccabi Haifa anymore, not alot of people get away with pulling something like that on Yaakov Shahar.

But as for the pull, defenitly not a starter now, but will blend in in time, i'm debating between 2 and 3.

And for the national team and in general, right now Biram Kiyal is a much more importent player then Golasa, I just don't get how he became the bash-bag of this forum.. he's one of the best players we've got and i'm not kidding.
In another threa we had the voting of who would you call up to the NT if you were the Israel coach and Kiyal was not only called up by most of us, but was a starter.

I agree with you he is a very good player and currently should be in the squad, but sometimes during the match he gets too temperamental and makes flukes like the ones with Israel in Greece and Maccabi Haifa at Bordeaux.

But Elisha Levy has confidence in him and he is managing to really improve.

As for Golasa, in 2011 will be his year in the NT IMO, especially now he is heading for Lazio.
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old January 31st, 2010, 14:53
Rising Star

He's ready.
at the age of 18 he is playing amazing football.
the only reason i see for him not being in the line up is a tactical one.

i totaly see this line up for the next campign:

----------------Awat-----------------
Ziv-----Ben-haim-----Keinan----Ben-dayan/Rikan
--------------Alberman----------------
--------Baruchian-----Golasa----------
Benayoun----------------------Katan/Vermut
--------------Barda/Arbeitman---------

Sorry Shechter...
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old January 31st, 2010, 15:17
Premier Player

Quote:

The reason Kiyal gets knocked is because he has made some critical errors in important games. Not to mention Tamir Cohen and Gal Alberman play in better leagues right now, although Alberman is injured. Kiyal should be called up to the NT but I don't think he should be starting, Cohen is a better player right now.
post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old January 31st, 2010, 18:47
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I'd have to disagree with you there.. Tamir Cohen is honestly one of the worst players i've seen to start in our NT in current years.

He offers nothing to the game other then a random yellow card here and there, and it's probebly a personal thing for me, but a midfielder who can hardly pass the ball is something unacceptable for me.

Kiyal does make those mistakes, but man you can just see his progress in every game that goes by.. I mean he shows you progress and determination and thats something that testify his potential and quality.

Alberman is a wicked player, no doubt about it, but the injury and not playing in Germany really took it to the worst with him.

And Ariel, in any Israeli national team future lineup, I expect to see Douglas da silva and Tal ben haim as the startng CBs, and Ali Ottman as the starting right back, but thats just me.
post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old January 31st, 2010, 18:56
Premier Player

Quote:
I'd have to disagree with you there.. Tamir Cohen is honestly one of the worst players i've seen to start in our NT in current years.

He offers nothing to the game other then a random yellow card here and there, and it's probebly a personal thing for me, but a midfielder who can hardly pass the ball is something unacceptable for me.

Kiyal does make those mistakes, but man you can just see his progress in every game that goes by.. I mean he shows you progress and determination and thats something that testify his potential and quality.

Alberman is a wicked player, no doubt about it, but the injury and not playing in Germany really took it to the worst with him.

And Ariel, in any Israeli national team future lineup, I expect to see Douglas da silva and Tal ben haim as the startng CBs, and Ali Ottman as the starting right back, but thats just me.
I would agree that Da Silva is a better CB than Keinan, but what makes you think he will get citizenship and play for the NT?
post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old January 31st, 2010, 19:45
Rising Star

I too would like to see Da Silva in NT but he doesn't have a citizenship and isn't planing on getting one.
post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old February 1st, 2010, 01:10
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I've heard him more then a few times saying that if he's given the chance he will play for the Israel National team.. he's 5 years orso in Israel and if i'm not wrong comming next season he can get citizenship.

Eyal Berkovic also commented about this subject saying that if he would be the head coach of Israel Da silva would be an obviuse choise for him.

And assuming he won't get invited to the Brazilian national team, and if he will play for Hapoel next season too before getting sold to a team in europe, thats a thing that is very likely to happen.. it's worth it for Israel and for Da silva himself, being an international player is always a + and he feels as Israeli as me and you, i've heard him speak Hebrew when he came to some show in sport5, and if u don't look at the screen you'de never think the guy talking isn't Israeli.
post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old February 1st, 2010, 13:16
Rising Star

Do you have any links to him saying that? i've read that he doesn't wnat to do that.
other than that he's already 6 years in israel so he is supposed to get a citizenship if he apllies.
post #16 of 46 (permalink) Old February 1st, 2010, 21:15
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Can't find the link but he said that when he was interviewed early this season in sport5 channel.

Where did you read him saying he wouldn't wanna play for Israel?
post #17 of 46 (permalink) Old February 1st, 2010, 22:47
Forum Manager
Legend

If i am not mistaken Dougals Da Silva contract ends at the end of the current season and he previously said he would leave Hapoel Tel Aviv. He had an offer from Internacional which is a big team in Brazil and he might leave.

Regarding Tamir Cohen, guess some rate him more because he is the son of Avi Cohen, but he always give his best on the field and he is good in aerial balls. But i agree that Kiyal is better currently and should be in the NT.

Oh and Katan in the NT no way IMO. He had many opportunities in the team and never really stood out.
post #18 of 46 (permalink) Old February 1st, 2010, 22:57
Premier Player

Katan was very mediocre today, he struggled against Hapoel Petah Tikva, as a whole Maccabi Haifa struggled to score against them, and people wonder why Haifa didn't score any goals in the Champions League
post #19 of 46 (permalink) Old February 1st, 2010, 23:04
Rising Star

Quote:
Can't find the link but he said that when he was interviewed early this season in sport5 channel.

Where did you read him saying he wouldn't wanna play for Israel?
http://www.nrg.co.il/online/3/ART1/866/901.html

לפני מספר שבועות הרהר דה-סילבה בקול באפשרות כי יגיש בקשה לאזרחות, מתוך רצון לשחק בנבחרת. בהפועל ת"א הודו אתמול כי הוא לא עשה עם זה הרבה. לזרקו אין ספק: "הוא לא הולך להתאזרח. יש לו רצונות להגיע לקבוצה גדולה, לא בישראל, ויש לו גם את החלום להגיע יום אחד לנבחרת ברזיל".

He's 6 years in israel and never made a move towards citizenship.
He's leaving the country in the end of the year so i doubt he will become a part of the Israeli NT.

Quote:
If i am not mistaken Dougals Da Silva contract ends at the end of the current season and he previously said he would leave Hapoel Tel Aviv. He had an offer from Internacional which is a big team in Brazil and he might leave.
You are mistaken Berko.
Da Silva signed a 5-year contract with Hapoel when he transffered.
Hapoel are planning to make a lot of money on him this summer(and on Shechter and Vermut as well).
post #20 of 46 (permalink) Old February 1st, 2010, 23:06
Forum Manager
Legend

Golasa has signed with Lazio as mentioned in other thread. What do guys think? Will he do well in Italy?

Claudio Lotito club president talked with one of the Jewish communities representatives so that they could give support for Golasa to adapt better in Rome.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in