Not easy being Kashtan - Xtratime Community
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old January 6th, 2010, 17:43 Thread Starter
Legend
 
Kappa21's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
Posts: 11,734
Not easy being Kashtan

The coach of Israel's national soccer team was detained for questioning on this week by customs inspectors at Ben Gurion Airport, for traveling with alcohol and tobacco products exceeding the duty free limit.

Dror Kashtan had been caught before traveling large amounts of undeclared merchandise, but this is the first time he has been detained. Customs inspectors had chosen not to call him in previously, warning him only not to do it again.

Since the previous event, inspectors have watched him closely. On Tuesday, he was called in for questioning after inspectors learning he had allegedly committed the crime again.

Kashtan, 65, is considered one of the most valued soccer coaches in Israel. He was appointed to train the national soccer team in November 2009

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
Kappa21 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old January 6th, 2010, 22:33
Forum Manager
Legend
 
berko's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Posts: 12,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa21 View Post
The coach of Israel's national soccer team was detained for questioning on this week by customs inspectors at Ben Gurion Airport, for traveling with alcohol and tobacco products exceeding the duty free limit.

Dror Kashtan had been caught before traveling large amounts of undeclared merchandise, but this is the first time he has been detained. Customs inspectors had chosen not to call him in previously, warning him only not to do it again.

Since the previous event, inspectors have watched him closely. On Tuesday, he was called in for questioning after inspectors learning he had allegedly committed the crime again.

Kashtan, 65, is considered one of the most valued soccer coaches in Israel. He was appointed to train the national soccer team in November 2009
You mean appointed in November 2005 and assumed in June 2006.

Anyways, too bad to see Kashtan being criticized so much lately. This guy is th emost prized coach in Israeli football unfortunately he had mistakes that we tired mentioning here, but as person i see him as a good guy.
berko is offline  
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old January 7th, 2010, 01:36 Thread Starter
Legend
 
Kappa21's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
Posts: 11,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by berko View Post
You mean appointed in November 2005 and assumed in June 2006.
I never wrote this. Its an article from Haaretz. Should have quoted it.

Quote:
Anyways, too bad to see Kashtan being criticized so much lately. This guy is th emost prized coach in Israeli football unfortunately he had mistakes that we tired mentioning here, but as person i see him as a good guy.
He is a good coach. I have all the respect for him. The NT is a tricky front. You got so many options, yet so little time and so much competition from other nations. He tried. He failed. Its not a what if's and maybes in the NT. Its a yes or no. Make or Break sort of competition. He knew that Israel can tie Switzerland and Greece like they did with IRL-FRA-SWI, but instead they wanted to play more vibrant. Course you can blame him for not putting some key players who have shined like Arbeitman. Regardles.... I dont think we would have faird better with anyone else....just that timing wasnt on our side.

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
Kappa21 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome