Israel NT: Goakeepers. - Xtratime Community
View Poll Results: Which two keepers should play for Israel in the next campaign?
Dudu Aouate (Mallorca) 8 100.00%
Nir Davidovich (Maccabi Haifa) 5 62.50%
Liran Strauber (Maccabi Tel Aviv) 2 25.00%
Ariel Harush (Beitar Jerusalem) 3 37.50%
Trvtko Kale (Hapoel Beer Sheva) 1 12.50%
Ohad Levita (RKC Waalwijk) 1 12.50%
Other (Specify) 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old November 28th, 2009, 01:31 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Israel NT: Goakeepers.

Maybe it is still early since we aren`t participating in the World Cup, no firendlies scheduled until late Ferbuary and the Euro qualifying draw will only be held in three months time.

But here in xtratime, differently from Luzon and IFA we are trying to figure a solution for our senior NT, the new coach and the best picks up

We are having a good generation coming up and i am curious to know what do you guys think which players Israel`s next coach should pick.

I will be starting with keepers.

Pick two keepers you guys think should be called up in the next friendlies and in the next campaign.

Pick 2 keepers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old November 28th, 2009, 08:53
ZZZ
Rising Star

Same old Aouate as first choice, Davidovich as second, and Harush as third replacing Strauber.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old November 28th, 2009, 18:14 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

I chose Dudu Aouate and Ariel Harush.

Aouate is our best keeper and Harush is apparently our future keeper. So instead of wasting Davidovich in reserves it is good to give some experience to Harush.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old November 30th, 2009, 18:37
Star Player

Teams: Man City, Liverpool, Maccabi Haifa, Brighton, Portland
Davidovich as first choice

Class is permanent.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old November 30th, 2009, 21:17 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinoisawesome View Post
Davidovich as first choice
IMO, from the three current NT keepers, Strauber is currently the one with the best form and performance. He is in excellent form and proved today in Maccabi Tel Aviv`s 1-0 win over Maccabi Haifa. But since he is the oldest one and with less international experience than Aouate and Davidovich this makes him be the third choice.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2009, 22:47
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
Davidovitch is clearly the better GK in Israel (both domestic and Israeli players abroad).

Although his track record is less than perfect. Injury, inconsistancy, giving up too early and just not being there gave way to alot of change in Maccabi Haifa. It brought a nobody youngster who was just 3-4 years Davidovitch age in net whom shined and created a name for himself, currently abroad and the #1 keeper...most liklely because of Davidovitch's falters.

Then came Almadon who we thought would replace Davidovitch. Almadon hasnt been all too perfect, which kinda sidetracked what we hoped for..having Almadon as #1 and then becoming a NT regular.

Davidovitch is having a terrific season overall.... has a great team to back him and you cant blame him for his teams failure in the CL...but he isnt getting older and I always take the GK position for the NT with a grain of salt. Its just not the best....

So as a result, im gonna go for Awatt who knows the net already for the past 3 international tournament runs (as well before....) and Harush who seems to be an up and coming player. He is very talented and i think he can do really well...

BTW: Wheres Yossi shekel?

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2009, 23:35 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

IMO, Aouate is better than Davidovich overall. Of course there are moments where Nir could be in a better form, but Aouate should be the first choice keeper without a doubt.

The problem with Davidovich (and most Israeli keepers) is that they aren`t stable. They don`t give you the necessary confidence, in one game they could save you the day, on the next match they could lose the match in a silly mistake.

And that is why Aouate is the number one choice in the NT. Because he is the most stable one. He improved a lot in Spain some details of the game like crosses (which IMO it is one of the main problems of Israeli keepers).

Almadon was a reserve in Haifa`s goal and when he played in the U-21 everyone thought he would be a future NT keeper. But he couldn`t keep up the hopes and today is not even in Ligat Ha´Al.

Like i mentioned before, currently i see Liran Strauber with the best form of them all, but since he is veteran don`t think they would call him up to have the number one jersey.

One of my votes went to Ariel Harush because he is one of the very few Beitar players who are in good form and he in the U-21 he is showing good displays. He could be tested slowly in the senior team (that is why we need friendlies).
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2009, 20:23
Legend

We once had like 5-6 goal keeprs in Israel who we could have relied on...its very hard to find them..

Trvto cant play in the NT, can he? he got capped for Croatia

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2009, 00:35 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa21 View Post
We once had like 5-6 goal keeprs in Israel who we could have relied on...its very hard to find them..

Trvto cant play in the NT, can he? he got capped for Croatia
Kale will be granted Israeli citizenship since his grandmother was Jewish.
He hasn`t been capped for Croatia, he was once called up, but never actually played.

Regarding keeper options. I remember in the Sharf-Nielsen period we had plenty of options like you said.

We had: Rafi Cohen, Itzik Kornfine, Shavit Elimelech, and two young keepers who were very promising: Dudu Aouate and Nir Davidovich.

Not speaking that a few years back we had Boni Ginzburg.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2009, 01:31
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by berko View Post
Kale will be granted Israeli citizenship since his grandmother was Jewish.
He hasn`t been capped for Croatia, he was once called up, but never actually played.

Regarding keeper options. I remember in the Sharf-Nielsen period we had plenty of options like you said.

We had: Rafi Cohen, Itzik Kornfine, Shavit Elimelech, and two young keepers who were very promising: Dudu Aouate and Nir Davidovich.

Not speaking that a few years back we had Boni Ginzburg.
Yes, we had alot of good GK in the stages of 1998-2002
I still feel that we let so many options slide... i mean Shtruber was not even 30 yet and it was basically Ginzburg and Davidovitch ...maybe not even..more like Cohen sometimes..

I think Cohen was #3 for sometime in the roster under sharf

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2009, 16:35 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Yes, we had alot of good GK in the stages of 1998-2002
I still feel that we let so many options slide... i mean Shtruber was not even 30 yet and it was basically Ginzburg and Davidovitch ...maybe not even..more like Cohen sometimes..

I think Cohen was #3 for sometime in the roster under sharf
From 1996 - 1998, Rafi Cohen was the starter. Ever since the game in which Israel lost to Spain in Ramat Gan 2-1 where he failed in both goals, Sharf and later Nielsen opted for other keepers. ( I saw that game, Israel played very well and started winning the game with a Alon Hazan goal, but one minute later Hierro shot from like 40 meters and Rafi Cohen couldn`t handle it, it was terrible. because Ramat Gan was in ecstasy and all of a sudden one minute later after the goal Spain had equalised. It was in the second half already).

In that time, Davidovich, Elimelech and Aouate began fighting for a spot. Nir won the position, but he got injured quite frequetnly and Aouate began to appear, especially after winning the league title with Hapoel Haifa.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old January 13th, 2010, 02:25 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Davidovich said that he still wants the number one jersey of the NT and that he deserved it more than Aouate.

He believes that Harush and Levita could become good level keepers and also beleives in Tom Almadon aswell.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old January 13th, 2010, 03:24
Legend

Quote:
Davidovich said that he still wants the number one jersey of the NT and that he deserved it more than Aouate.

He believes that Harush and Levita could become good level keepers and also beleives in Tom Almadon aswell.
Davidovitch is good, but its not like Awatt is not as good. Awatt still has it in him and he is technically younger than Davidovitch. Injury and a few droughts have left Davidovitch in the void. When you think of it, Israel's 2 main GK are hard to distinguish. On one side you got Awatt who is always playing for the NT and has experience playing abroad in Racing Santander, Deportivo and Mallorca RCD. He is considered one of the best GK in Spain and hasnt given up many points. Infact, he has done well with the teams that he was in.

Than you have Davidovitch who was good. He has played strong this season, and eventhough he has given up a few goals in the CL, he has been strong for Maccabi Haifa in the domestic league, only losing 1 game so far this season.....

I'd still stick with Awatt, since im used to him..he hasnt done many mistakes which I can blame him for in the last qualification and we had some good runs since he was a regular.

As for the future of our team......
Yea, Arush seems to find a good home with Beitar and also with his place in the net in the next 3-5 years. He was sensational against Bnei Sachnin. Possibly the man of the match, especailly for his saves which were astonishing. Levita is good as well..but once again, were comparing Oranges and Apples...
Levita is good, but Harush is full time GK at a young age. Levita is 2nd in his team from a recently promoted dutch side. I dont know how much time he gets in the nets, but he surely doesnt seem to be worthy of a 2nd place.... maybe a few other youth players should get it...I was always into Yossi Shekels performance. Does terrific job with Ashdod...he should always be considered.

Also, dont forget Boris Kleiman. Just 19...amazing player... Just doesnt get any attention cause he is Russian. :frustrat:

as for Tom Almadon.. He's a failure. I dont think the NT would need his service. He has lost his spot in Maccabi Haifa to Amir Edri and plays for Ahi Nazareth....garbage player.... :thmbdown:

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old January 13th, 2010, 19:18 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Davidovitch is good, but its not like Awatt is not as good. Awatt still has it in him and he is technically younger than Davidovitch. Injury and a few droughts have left Davidovitch in the void. When you think of it, Israel's 2 main GK are hard to distinguish. On one side you got Awatt who is always playing for the NT and has experience playing abroad in Racing Santander, Deportivo and Mallorca RCD. He is considered one of the best GK in Spain and hasnt given up many points. Infact, he has done well with the teams that he was in.

Than you have Davidovitch who was good. He has played strong this season, and eventhough he has given up a few goals in the CL, he has been strong for Maccabi Haifa in the domestic league, only losing 1 game so far this season.....

I'd still stick with Awatt, since im used to him..he hasnt done many mistakes which I can blame him for in the last qualification and we had some good runs since he was a regular.

As for the future of our team......
Yea, Arush seems to find a good home with Beitar and also with his place in the net in the next 3-5 years. He was sensational against Bnei Sachnin. Possibly the man of the match, especailly for his saves which were astonishing. Levita is good as well..but once again, were comparing Oranges and Apples...
Levita is good, but Harush is full time GK at a young age. Levita is 2nd in his team from a recently promoted dutch side. I dont know how much time he gets in the nets, but he surely doesnt seem to be worthy of a 2nd place.... maybe a few other youth players should get it...I was always into Yossi Shekels performance. Does terrific job with Ashdod...he should always be considered.

Also, dont forget Boris Kleiman. Just 19...amazing player... Just doesnt get any attention cause he is Russian. :frustrat:

as for Tom Almadon.. He's a failure. I dont think the NT would need his service. He has lost his spot in Maccabi Haifa to Amir Edri and plays for Ahi Nazareth....garbage player.... :thmbdown:

I agree. I would feel safer with Aouate in goal than Davidovich. Nir has had a very good season so far with Haifa, but normally at international level he is not very consistent, he has good displays and in the other match blunders. He had his good period with Grant which prefered him over Dudu, he saved Israel many times including a penalty save in a crucial moment against Cyprus, but then suffered a horrible goal from Liechtenstein.
Also, Davidovich gets injured so often and Aoaute ends up having the edge. In Maccabi Haifa´s first appearance in the CL group stage, Shahar bought Aouate from rivals Hapoel Haifa because Nir got injured.

Regaridng future keepers, until now Harush and Levita are the ones who are leading candidates. Almadon received some praises from davidovich because he was a reserve of Davidovich many years at Haifa.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old January 13th, 2010, 22:46
Legend

Quote:
I agree. I would feel safer with Aouate in goal than Davidovich. Nir has had a very good season so far with Haifa, but normally at international level he is not very consistent, he has good displays and in the other match blunders. He had his good period with Grant which prefered him over Dudu, he saved Israel many times including a penalty save in a crucial moment against Cyprus, but then suffered a horrible goal from Liechtenstein.
Also, Davidovich gets injured so often and Aoaute ends up having the edge. In Maccabi Haifa´s first appearance in the CL group stage, Shahar bought Aouate from rivals Hapoel Haifa because Nir got injured.
Exactly...
When it comes to GK, we are filled with less and less of them. Its not like we have many strikers as we do for GK. So Davidovitch is good..but then again, in all honesty, so is/was Shtruber who did well with Netanya and also is doing good with Maccabi Tel Aviv. A real strong opponent for second....... You can never forget him.

Quote:
Regaridng future keepers, until now Harush and Levita are the ones who are leading candidates. Almadon received some praises from davidovich because he was a reserve of Davidovich many years at Haifa.
Well, like Awatt, he was 2nd to Davidovitch and Awatt managed to win 1st GK in Haifa...even in Hapoel Haifa too, as he came from Nazteret Illit, which was good....kidna like pini balili who came from a nobody team....
Almadon failed to do the same and as a result he is not in the NT level and he only gets full time GK service in Ahi Nazareth..
Maybe Jon Gregory can hook him up a gig in the UK ?

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old January 14th, 2010, 02:21 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Exactly...
When it comes to GK, we are filled with less and less of them. Its not like we have many strikers as we do for GK. So Davidovitch is good..but then again, in all honesty, so is/was Shtruber who did well with Netanya and also is doing good with Maccabi Tel Aviv. A real strong opponent for second....... You can never forget him.

Well, like Awatt, he was 2nd to Davidovitch and Awatt managed to win 1st GK in Haifa...even in Hapoel Haifa too, as he came from Nazteret Illit, which was good....kidna like pini balili who came from a nobody team....
Almadon failed to do the same and as a result he is not in the NT level and he only gets full time GK service in Ahi Nazareth..
Maybe Jon Gregory can hook him up a gig in the UK ?
Strauber is in great form aswell. For keepers age is not a very key factor.

Regarding Ahi Nazrath, Almadon is not even playing there, they had signed Nigmatulin and now they are looking for a new keeper. Don´t what happened to him, he looked to have a promising future.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old January 15th, 2010, 17:32
Legend

So where is Almadon at now? Haifa 3rd keeper?

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old January 15th, 2010, 23:22 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
So where is Almadon at now? Haifa 3rd keeper?
Not sure. Guess he is still on loan to Ahi Nazrath.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in