Israel's Future Looks Bright - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2009, 22:19 Thread Starter
Rookie

Israel's Future Looks Bright

Here're my thoughts on the NT.

Israel has some reason to be excited about the future. With the exception of goalies, who usually last longer because they don't get battered by hits to their knees, the team is still in its 20s.

I don't expect anyone to retire prior to the end of the EURO qualifiers, probably not even prior to the WC'14 qualifiers.

Meanwhile, some like Sahar will be ready for full-time duty and others like Assulin will contribute at least some.

Basically, there will be players coming in, but nobody leaving due to old age.

=======================

DEFENDERS (D)

Israel has experienced vets, but nothing special. I am hoping Keinan can pick it up. I'd love to see a tall defender with a good leg so that he could clear headers on defense and score a few from the outside on offense, but nothing like that is on the way. I think defenders will be Israel's weakest spot with mediocre players like Strool, Ziv, Saban and Ben Dayan whose only positive is their experience.

DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDERS (DMF)

Tamir Cohen looked better as the qualifiers went on. So did Kayal, the Greek penalty notwithstanding. Kayal especially should show a lot of improvement. He's young and made some mistakes, but I like this kid. He'll be very good, very soon.

Between the two of them, DMF should be solid.

OFFENSIVE MIDFIELDERS (OMF)

Baruchyan, Buzaglo and/or Vermut will be ready. They would be a very good addition to the team, transporting the ball up.

Benayoun will still be around and in his prime. Together with Baruchyan or Buzaglo or Vermut, it will be a good pair of offensive midfielders.

I think Assulin will be ready for part-time duty. With his speed (and skill), he'll be effective coming in during the second half when others slow down because they get tired. If nothing else, he'll be able to play the role of Coby Jones during the 1994 WC.

Mohammad Ghadir should come in late in the game a couple of times, but likely won't play a significant role.

Israel's WMF will be very dangerous in EURO qualifiers. Finally there will be someone other than Benayoun to transport the ball through the midfield and close to the penalty box.

This is a position where Israel will show a lot of improvement.

FORWARDS (F)

Barda, Golan and Colautti (and maybe Toto) are all solid strikers, but Israel will need only 1 of them to start in any given game because Sahar should be ready for full time duty.

I expect big things from him a year from now. I expect that he'll be Israel's best player, better than Benayoun.

If I'm right, Israel will be most improved at F, and together with a very solid OMF, will have a very dangerous offense.

========================

Goaltending and Defenders will continue to be on the third pot level, but midfielders should be solid second pot, and Forwards should be bottom first pot because Sahar is definitely a first pot talent (and at least one of the other 3 strikers should be in good form at any given time).

All in all, this team will only gain from this failed WC qualifier to the next EURO qualifier.

It's too bad Israel is the top team in pot 3. If it were just one spot higher, it would've been in the second pot and would again have a chance to have easier opposition. With the addition of talented youth, it would probably do well.

Even as a third pot team, Israel will finally have a decent amount of talent and hopefully will surprise us with a EURO'12 birth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2009, 04:38
Premier Player

Our left and right backs are sub-par, and I don't really seen any up and coming ones. Nir Mansour at Real Madrid?

Tamir Cohen is not a defensive midfielder, thats the position Kashtan has played him in. As far as central midfield, the player to watch is Bibras Natcho, he has a great range of passing, sorely lacking from the team, between him and Bruchyan they are probably the two best passers. Golasa is ultimately too slow to play up front internationally and will have to play more centrally.

Strikers, while we have lots of strikers with potential, none have scored lots of goals, Barda didn't score that many for his team last season, and who is up and coming? Atar?? He holds on to the ball too much, too many tricks...Sahar still hasn't proven himself at the club level, and still makes mistakes like being offsides half the time, Ghadir needs to learn that you don't kick the ball ahead and chase the ball all the time...Maybe Shlomi Arbeitman will continue the way he is playing and get himself called to the NT.

Hopeful Line-up for Euro's
----------------------Katan---------------------
------Sahar---------Bruchyan----------Benayoun
---------------Cohen------------Natcho-----------
Ben-Dayan-------------------------------Meshumar
----------------Ben-Haim-----Keinan--------------
----------------------Awat-----------------------
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2009, 07:50
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
Damn you!

I had a rants thrad about to be made....

check it out

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2009, 22:41
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Talent was never a problem for us. We always had very technical players, the problem is the way they are coached and displayed on the pitch and primarly, the mentality.

That is why we are really mad with Kashtan because we see so many options, especially on the frontline and we can´t manage to produce good results or not even a fantastic game.

In keeper i am pretty sure Aouate will stay another 3 or 4 years, with Davidovich on his bench. I can´t see right now any new keeper in a high level to substitute them and this will be a problem for us.

In defending terms, we have Tal Ben Haim and Dekel Keinan as two good defenders, but none will inspire us key confidence against top teams, but they keep us at least safe. Strul is good because he is very tall and for set pieces is important, but technically he is not better than the previous two. DIn Mori appears as a promising defender, but still needs prove himself.
Regarding veteran players, Arik Benado had a great last season and wouldn´t be crazy to place him in the squad honestly.

In midfield, I agree in the analysis on Kiyal and Tamir Cohen. Kiyal needs to work his head more, he loses control too fast and ends up commiting silly mistakes like against Greece and his deserved red card against Bordeaux. but he is a good player and a lot of potential. Tamir Cohen has improved a lot in his spell with Bolton and surely will be key role in DFM. Avihay Yadin also appears as option and let´s not forget of Gal Alberman who was injured and is now finding it difficult to return to starting eleven at Monchengladbach. Shay Abutbul was a good player for the role aswell, but is recovering from a serious injury.

In offensive midfield, Yossi Benayoun as our certain player, together with Buzaglo and Vermut like you said. I would place Katan, but the latter unfortunately can´t produce good performances in the NT. Golasa will be big, very talented and with good vision.

TWo kwy players like snowbozo mentioned, Aviram Baruchyan and Bibras Natcho. The two best passeres of the league. Central midfielders and exactly the position we need to improve in order to control the game. If both of them play together we will be strong in that position having Cohen or Kiyal as a watchdog in midfield.

In attack we have many options aswell. Barda proved he deserves to be in the squad (scored 6 goals in these qualiiers in 9 games), but Golan shouldn´t be there anymore.

Guess we have players like Eliran Atar and Shlomi Arbeitman who could be in the squad as they are young, with good finishing and a lot of will. Itzhaki, Sahar and Collauti could complete this list.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in