WC 2010Q: Israel vs. Moldova 10/10/09 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 62 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2009, 02:01 Thread Starter
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
WC 2010Q: Israel vs. Moldova 10/10/09

I was contemplatig on making a thread or not..or hoping to keep it after Round 5 is over on Monday, but i decided to go ahead with it hoping others will add their 2 shekels and 50 gorot (according to the mercantile exchange money markets...) on the crucial matchup ahead.

Basically its down to us winning..and not only winning by a small fraction, but by capitalizing and ripping apart Moldova like never before.. We need a repeat of Luxemborg and i think we can do it, if we put our strenght together and for once..risk it..... Somehow I hope Kashtan will put the risk and put a high caliber team and not some conservative team that plays back the ball alot like in the Latvia match.. The only 2 outcomes i see is a team that can score 7 goals again...or unfortunately a team that can tie 0-0..either way they can prove themselves that atleast they tried and did something new with the odds (3% chance of making it to the WC) that they have.

Unfortuantely, regardless of the score...or 3 points..Israels eyes are not on the field, but on the scoreboard to see what the outcome of the other matches will be. Latvia - Greece match is the highlight. Greece is the favourites..playing at home against Latvia. Latvia is coming from a tie at home to Switzerland and a win against us away....they have high pride and the best result we want is a tie. can it be a tie? Afterall.... a 'strong' team like Israel was almost put in a tie by Latvia in Israel. Can they do the same with no results in Greece?
Greece is a team that is mediocre and inconsistant and they simply dont play well when they should. So its anyones guess what the result will be.

Likewise, Moldova is no walk in the park. I have bad nightmares (and unfrotunately, it came true in the Latvia game) of losing to a team below you in a crucial match. Moldova will not be taken lightly. They will play with their hearts eventhough they and Luxemborg are technically officially eliminated from the WC10 tournament..they will still show strenght and take it seriously..possibly add some Moldovan newbies to the roster who showed flex in UEFA cup from teams like FC Sherffif and FC Zimbru Kishinev.

Im hoping .....with risk attached.....4-0 win for Israel!

my lineup:
Awatt -Barda - Sahar - Benayoun - Baruchyan -Cohen- Alberman
Ziv - Ben Haim - Keinan - Ben Dayan

A few people i would like to see added in the final roster or benched for our dispose:
Tamuz
Mori
Kayal <-- i love how this smiley represents the player & his FC
Itzhaki
Katan
Colautti

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 62 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2009, 19:17
ZZZ
Rising Star

I think Israel will not have too much a problem with Moldova, they are on the same level as Luxembourg really and we are playing them at home, I say 3-0 to Israel.
post #3 of 62 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2009, 19:49 Thread Starter
Legend

Dont underestimate Moldova....
We had a hard time against them at home. They tied Greece and they gave us a hard time previously....

Putting them in the same category as Luxemborg is far fetch. Putting them in the same category as Latvia is even farther fetch...but they are good...

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!

post #4 of 62 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2009, 23:16
Star Player

bad news: sahar may not play due to army service....what a dumb country...what happend to the abroad service
post #5 of 62 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2009, 00:09 Thread Starter
Legend

Ben Sahar has already capped..
Im sure last minute calls to the the ministry and such would allow him to play.

the Benayoun-Sahar duo is always a threat to any of our opponents

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #6 of 62 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2009, 10:34
ZZZ
Rising Star

We really need Ben Sahar for this match, his a goal scoring machine!
post #7 of 62 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2009, 18:00
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Sahar will arrive in Israel tommorow to make an agreement with IFA and the ministry.
post #8 of 62 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2009, 18:37 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa21 View Post
Ben Sahar has already capped..
Im sure last minute calls to the the ministry and such would allow him to play.

the Benayoun-Sahar duo is always a threat to any of our opponents
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZ View Post
We really need Ben Sahar for this match, his a goal scoring machine!
Quote:
Originally Posted by berko View Post
Sahar will arrive in Israel tommorow to make an agreement with IFA and the ministry.
7:31 Soccer player Sahar can enter Israel for match without fear of IDF arrest (Haaretz)

Never underestimates Kappa international law knowledge......

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #9 of 62 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2009, 18:42
ZZZ
Rising Star

That's good, we need him if we are going for a big win and you read haaretz kappa?
post #10 of 62 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2009, 18:53 Thread Starter
Legend

Yes we do need him for a high scoring game as he puts himself in areas near the opponents side that creates goals.........

and yes......i do read haaretz daily.
I wouldnt consider myself a left winger. More moderate. But i like to read all sides...

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #11 of 62 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2009, 22:23
Forum Manager
Legend

Dror Kashtan has called up the squad that will face Moldova next weekend.
Surprisingly, Gal Alberman and Omer Golan, two players that have been called throughout all campaign were left out. The same with Yaniv Katan
who despite recent good form and a call up in the Latvia/Luxembourg clashes.
Eyal Meshumar has confirmed his good form with Maccabi Haifa and returns to the squad. Itay Shechter has guaranteed a spot aswell as Hapoel Tel Aviv teammate Gili Vermut.

Full Squad:

Keepers:

Dudu Aouate (Mallorca)
Nir Davidovich (Maccabi Haifa)
Liran Strauber (Maccabi Tel Aviv)

Defenders:

Eyal Meshumar (Maccabi Haifa)
Klemi Saban (Maccabi Netanya)
Din Mori (Bnei Yehuda)
Dekel Keinan (Maccabi Haifa)
Tal Ben Haim (Portsmouth)
Avi Strul (Lokeren)
Dedi Ben Dayan (Hapoel Tel Aviv)
Yoav Ziv (Lokeren)

Midfielders:

Tamir Cohen (Bolton)
Biram Kiyal (Maccabi Haifa)
Avihai Yadin (Hapoel Tel Aviv)
Aviram Baruchyan (Beitar Jerusalem)
Gili Vermut (Hapoel Tel Aviv)
Yossi Benayoun (Liverpool)

Forwards and Strikers:

Barak Itzhaki (Beitar Jerusalem)
Elyaniv Barda (Genk)
Roberto Collauti (Borussia Monchengladbach)
Ben Sahar (Espanyol)
Itay Shechter (Hapoel Tel Aviv)
post #12 of 62 (permalink) Old October 5th, 2009, 01:05 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by berko View Post
Dror Kashtan has called up the squad that will face Moldova next weekend.
Surprisingly, Gal Alberman and Omer Golan, two players that have been called throughout all campaign were left out. The same with Yaniv Katan
who despite recent good form and a call up in the Latvia/Luxembourg clashes.
Eyal Meshumar has confirmed his good form with Maccabi Haifa and returns to the squad. Itay Shechter has guaranteed a spot aswell as Hapoel Tel Aviv teammate Gili Vermut.

Full Squad:

Keepers:

Dudu Aouate (Mallorca)
Nir Davidovich (Maccabi Haifa)
Liran Strauber (Maccabi Tel Aviv)

Defenders:

Eyal Meshumar (Maccabi Haifa)
Klemi Saban (Maccabi Netanya)
Din Mori (Bnei Yehuda)
Dekel Keinan (Maccabi Haifa)
Tal Ben Haim (Portsmouth)
Avi Strul (Lokeren)
Dedi Ben Dayan (Hapoel Tel Aviv)
Yoav Ziv (Lokeren)

Midfielders:

Tamir Cohen (Bolton)
Biram Kiyal (Maccabi Haifa)
Avihai Yadin (Hapoel Tel Aviv)
Aviram Baruchyan (Beitar Jerusalem)
Gili Vermut (Hapoel Tel Aviv)
Yossi Benayoun (Liverpool)

Forwards and Strikers:

Barak Itzhaki (Beitar Jerusalem)
Elyaniv Barda (Genk)
Roberto Collauti (Borussia Monchengladbach)
Ben Sahar (Espanyol)
Itay Shechter (Hapoel Tel Aviv)
Although Gal Alberman and Omer Golan were left out....it opens the squad to more potential players.
Their form outside in their football club can be debatable. But, their form in the National Team wasn't that good. Kashtan was right to take them out.

Yaniv Katan as well. He is someone who you cannot expect his form to be consistant. Only in the first few minutes of the game can you see if he's a go or no and thats is risky.

I do however welcome Meshumar's entry in the team has he has proven himself in M. Haifa recently.

Itay Shechter has been phenomenal instrument for Hapoel Tel Aviv both in the leauge, as we this round (rd 5) where he netted 2 goals for his team and also in the Europa Leauge where he put up a fight against HSV. I welcome a player like him.

Something which i wanted to be noted is that you put Collauti's name as well. This is possibly his first game sometime. Im trying to figure out the last time he has capped for our NT in an official tournament game. I believe it was 2 years ago possibly in 2007 because i dont recall him playing official matches throughout 2008 (possibly Finland friendly?) But either way, i welcome him...

We got alot of exciting players ahead of the Moldova match. Shechter, Collauti, Ben Sahar and Benayoun who are at our disposal to score and score lots of goals....that's what we need after all...

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #13 of 62 (permalink) Old October 5th, 2009, 01:06 Thread Starter
Legend

I also wonder how many tickets will be sold/selling for the match.

Not an interesting match to see ofcourse since its Moldova and not many good names are coming to Israel as before when we had Ireland, France, England or Greece challenge us.

Im assuming 20,000 fans will turn out to the game, unless the media makes alot of comments towards Israel's slim but hopeful chances of making it into the playoff round.

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #14 of 62 (permalink) Old October 5th, 2009, 05:44
Premier Player

I finally agree with a Kashtan call-up, I wonder how long he will keep Arbeitman out of the NT, Natcho should also be called up, but for the most part he called players that get playing time with their clubs which is good, I noticed though that Ziv hasn't played for Lokeren in a while.

My lineup

Sahar---------Colautti---------Benayoun
Bruchyan-------Yadin----------Cohen
B. Dayan----Mori--Keinan-----Meshumar
----------------Dudu---------------
post #15 of 62 (permalink) Old October 5th, 2009, 15:09
Rising Star

Teams: Liverpool
Alberman, Golan, Strul and Ziv havent really played for their clubs at all this year.
I dont think he was ever on the bench for a BMG game.

Good call ups. Maybe Kashtan is reading the boards.

Haaretz = Left wing trash.

Thank you

On to my preferred lineup. We're at home, against a weak team. We need a quick attacking lineup.

********Colautti*****Sahar*********

Benayoun***Baruchian**Cohen*****Itzhaki

Ziv*****Ben-Haim***Strul*****Meshumar

Basically, they just have to feed the wings. Cohens a rock and Baruchian will add the grace and quality for the middle. Our 2 best finishers are up front and we all know what Benayoun can do, but Itzhaki is going to be key on the right. His passing and vision is incredible. I put Strul in defense ONLY because he is tall and probably a bit better on the ball then Keinan.

Last edited by Lior; October 5th, 2009 at 15:55.
post #16 of 62 (permalink) Old October 5th, 2009, 17:47
International

Just wondering but what is the rule about army service for Israeli citizens abroad? Eg Assulin will have the same issue at some point as well. IMO it´s a bit unfair when someone gets a bypass just because he´s a famous sporter, while some others may need their precious time for other activities (university or so) and don´t get that bypass just because they´re not famous ... I´m against army duty anyways, luckily this crap got cancelled in Belgium before I reached adulthood (although with my psychological issues it´d have been easy to escape from it)

Moldova are no Luxembourg but let´s face it, this is probably the weakest of all former USSR states that is in the European zone (maybe a battle with Armenia but still ...). There are no excuses for not winning such game. The players should try to score as many as possible again just like against Luxembourg, the goal difference may still be decisive. A 3-0 is a MINIMUM I´d say.
post #17 of 62 (permalink) Old October 5th, 2009, 20:31
Rising Star

Teams: M. Tel-Aviv, Israel NT
-----------Sahar----------Colautti-----------

Itzhaki-----Cohen-----Benayoun-------Vermut

Ziv------Ben Haim---Keinan(Strool)---Meshumar

----------------Aouate---------------

Since we're pretty much out of it, there's no point in playing conservative. We need a repeat of Luxembourg, like Crackedpleasures said. The problem is that Moldova is not as bad as the standings indicate. I have a feeling that, since we still have a slight chance to qualify, Kashtan will go back to his usual strategy of waiting to concede first before allowing the players to effectively go on the offensive.

If Sahar and Colautti don't start up-front, we're f**ked. I'm sorry, but I can't make it any clearer than that. As a right winger, it hasn't been working for Benayoun at all. He should be in the middle and have Vermut on the right wing. Since Guy Asulin and Toama weren't called up, we don't have any left wingers. So I would go with Itzhaki. The defense is pretty much the same as usual.

BTW, I'll always prefer foreign-based players in the line-up over domestic-based players simply because of their physical attributes. As a manager, I would like to see my players last a full 90 minutes on the international level...

We should win this game, but with Kashtan STILL:frustrat: in charge, you never know...

Last edited by Daweed; October 5th, 2009 at 23:31.
post #18 of 62 (permalink) Old October 5th, 2009, 20:50
International

I disagree with being virtually out of the race. This group has been so unpredictable and with so many surprises (Switzerland leading the dance despite a home loss against Luxembourg of all teams) that the race is over only after the last games have been played. As long as it´s possible in theory and in a very unpredictable group like this with no consistent teams, we must keep faith. Like the anthem says: HATIKVA, as long as there´s hope, there is no excuse to not go for it.

I would have loved Arbeitman to have been called up. Shechter being selected is and in a "score as much as you can" game Colautti making his comeback is a usual move. But why not Arbeitman, he has been in pretty good shape especially in the early weeks of the season?
post #19 of 62 (permalink) Old October 5th, 2009, 23:18 Thread Starter
Legend

Ziv hasnt been playing at all with his side but he was a huge factor for us and a missing key in the Latvian match....

I agree, Arbeitman needs a callup. Im thinking he will get one next year for a friendly...

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #20 of 62 (permalink) Old October 6th, 2009, 00:47
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior View Post
Alberman, Golan, Strul and Ziv havent really played for their clubs at all this year.
I dont think he was ever on the bench for a BMG game.

Good call ups. Maybe Kashtan is reading the boards.

Haaretz = Left wing trash.

Thank you

On to my preferred lineup. We're at home, against a weak team. We need a quick attacking lineup.

********Colautti*****Sahar*********

Benayoun***Baruchian**Cohen*****Itzhaki

Ziv*****Ben-Haim***Strul*****Meshumar

Basically, they just have to feed the wings. Cohens a rock and Baruchian will add the grace and quality for the middle. Our 2 best finishers are up front and we all know what Benayoun can do, but Itzhaki is going to be key on the right. His passing and vision is incredible. I put Strul in defense ONLY because he is tall and probably a bit better on the ball then Keinan.
Agree with your analysis and lineup. We have nothing to lose. Sahar and Collauti are our two best finishers upfront, Tamir Cohen is in great form at Bolton, Baruchyan would add the grace as you said and Benayoun is our main player and everyone what he is capable of.

In defense maybe this fact of Strul being taller i could agree, but i think overall Keinan is better. But anyways it would be slight difference.

The only doubt i would have would be between Ithaki and Vermut. Both are in sensational form and could play in many different positions in the pitch.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in