Report: Avram Grant to be named coach of Israeli national soccer team (Ch. 2) - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2009, 07:23 Thread Starter
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
Report: Avram Grant to be named coach of Israeli national soccer team (Ch. 2)

:rollani: Thats all i know as of now.....

Can we be seeing a new head coach by our Moldovan Clash in October?!?!

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2009, 17:47
ZZZ
Rising Star

Is there any source for this?
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2009, 19:33 Thread Starter
Legend

Channel 2....
and i got it from haaretz..... it will probably be on the sports news section

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2009, 22:02
Star Player

not again...i prefer a foreigner...****! he just couldn't get a job in england so he's coming back
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2009, 22:17 Thread Starter
Legend

He was linked with Celtics and the Russian NT.

The guy is good.. He proved himself in Chelsea and he has a chance to get us back..Question is...does he have what it takes to take risks or is he going to gamble Israel chances claiming that we are playing easy teams and in the end..losing out

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2009, 22:42
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa21 View Post
He was linked with Celtics and the Russian NT.

The guy is good.. He proved himself in Chelsea and he has a chance to get us back..Question is...does he have what it takes to take risks or is he going to gamble Israel chances claiming that we are playing easy teams and in the end..losing out
...celtic and russian NT...in what third rate gossip magazine did you hear that. If that was the case and he actually had a chance in either 2 then he would have been there by now. He had a link to hearts and to portsmouth...and some club in portugal if i'm not mistaken (and who knows if that was even slightly true)
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old September 16th, 2009, 01:07 Thread Starter
Legend

sorry..the Celtic was hearts actually.....

but Hearts, Russian NT and Hajduk Split...
in either way..he is really a proven coach and one of our best coach. The only other coach that comes to mind that can do well for Israel is Shum who is in Beitar. He never had the chance to prove himself and its a sad thing actually....

Other than that Israel NT and a foreign coach is a good idea, but you also have to understand that we had the best foreign coach back in 2000-2002 who didnt bring any result and did not know anything about our team. All he had was a resume of brining a mid-top team to win the Euro's 10 years back...

We need a coach that wont be hunted by the media and press and who could challenge the players like GRANT did and who can take loses and embarrasing result only to say that he is building up a team and experimenting on all levels in order to make a NT that can compete in 2014 or 2016..even 2020..i dont care..as long as he can create a team and work with the youths and develop players and chemistry. If a foreign coach can do that (Billic, Keegan, Mancini, Hiddik, etc...) than I am up for it. If not..than Grant is the man for the job!

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old September 16th, 2009, 03:40
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
From the Israeli options available maybe he is the best and most safe bet, maybe not the best one.
Guess he will be better than Kashtan.

Grant was linked last week with Bulgaria NT.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old September 16th, 2009, 04:43
Star Player

actually yedihot achronot newspaper for the weekend showed the options of grant, kashtan, bilic, and berkovic.

they say kashtan already failed himself.

grant was always satisfied with ties and never got us anywhere

bilic is great, he is everything we need (smart, stylish, and fearless) yet they mock luzon by saying that just because the only foreign coach luzon knows is bilic and just becuase he keeps saying his name doesn't mean bilic would ever get close to thinking about coming to israel...and they have a point

berkovic they say is our next and best choice. they say he is a big risk, but he lives and breathes football..he loves it and his ego may be a problem, but his ego may also be what causes him to be fearless and stand by what he believes.

I remember there as a article with nielsen, he said that football in israel is hard, because the media is worst then in england. the pressure is insane, and that when he was a manager in israel he was so pressured by media that it cause him to crack (ofcourse you know nielsen, he's a quiet danish guy who wouldn't blame anyone else), and he's got a point. However, with berkovic being as israeli and egotistical as they come i think he may just brush of the press, and everyone who tells him what he needs to do and he'll just do what makes him happy.

I'm all for berkovic to manage israel now that i think about it, and its exactly because of the fact that he is over-confident that i want him to be the manager especially in a countyr like israel where every average joe is sure that his tactics and his critcism is what will save our national team. Firstly, he loves football! this summer i picked up my cousin from football camp in wingate in netanya. He was there talking to my cousin and some of the other guys, and i was watching how he explain it to them and you feel like its a totally different berkovic then the guy you hear on the radio or on tv...this berkovic that is on the field is patient, he cares of every detail and he likes to help and i think it proves that he's got a true passion for football.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old September 16th, 2009, 05:55
Premier Player

Grant for me is a different version of Kashtan, instead of selecting bad players he'll line them up in a conservative formation, we need a new coach that will breathe some life into the team, I don't know if berkovic is right for the team...but who is? shum?
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old September 16th, 2009, 05:58 Thread Starter
Legend

Grant loved ties no more than France, Ireland and Switzerland loved ties....

He broke Israel taboo of losing or tieing the Cypriots and actually beating them and getting 6 points...

Latvia is easily comparable to Cyprus and we lost and tied to them. How embarrassing.
Whats more embarrassing is that our last game will be Switzerland at away. Our home match with Switzerland could have been disastrous, because at the end of the HT we were down 2-0. When Grant was in charge we were up 2-0 at home and had a chance to do the same in Zurich.

Maybe he wanted ties, but he also wanted to win the teams and showed alot of strength and stamina against Ireland, France and Switzerland that would never be forgotten.,

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old September 16th, 2009, 16:42
Star Player

grant sucked, luckily luzon said today that he doesn't want to see grant coaching the NT...one good move by the idiot
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old September 16th, 2009, 16:54 Thread Starter
Legend

Luzon is running the NT like a Mafioso

every 4-6 years a new coach....never going to be change...

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old September 16th, 2009, 23:23
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
To be honest guys, Luzon doesn´t know what he is talking about.

First, when Grant left the team he said he would love to see him back to coach the NT and once again he was on this shortlist made by the IFA and the media.

Luzon said he had some 4 foreign managers as options, but the only real name like Yedioth Ahronot joked is Bilic who probably wouldn´t like to come. Today he said he prefers a foreign coach, but he doesn´t have a name.

About the pressure, Richard Nielsen is right. The press is worse than England. The players, coaches and everyone involved are seen as Totti, Del Piero Gerard, Rooney, Ferguson etc....How do we expect to have tranquility to work??

About Berkovic maybe his style might be useful. He of course loves football, he understands it and as my nickname shows i admired his football ability. IMO he is the best Israeli player i have seen, his vision and passing were superb and if he only had a less strong personality he would certainly play in a big European club like Benayoun.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old September 17th, 2009, 00:27
Star Player

i agree, luzon is a retard, but i don't want to see grant back...i truly want to see a good foreign manager, perhaps someone who stresses the importance of set pieces and quick passing (something which we lack). IMO our NT is a team not just in its player but in its manager as well. THe players bring their speciality in their vision and their dribbling techniques and i think with a good manager from a central or northern european area would could complete the other half with a guy who stresses that the players dribble but release the ball on time, and that they get up in the air. You know our teams love to cross the ball into the center and we have players who really know how the get the ball into the middle beautifully but its useless when the players don't and can't head the ball. A good foreign manager would stress these issues. Berkovic isn't a bad option, i like it, but i don't think he would stress on that, i think he would try to take israeli football and perfect it in a way that fits us and thats just a different way to take it and it could work.

Luzon needs to start coach shopping...
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old September 17th, 2009, 01:36 Thread Starter
Legend

If he brings a foreign coach, he would want big bucks to stay...would Luzon fork out money so that the NT would have a chance?

4 million euros over 3 years for say...bilic?

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old September 17th, 2009, 01:59
Premier Player

we need a coach that knows our players and league well in order to get the most out of players, I feel shum or even Elisha Levi would be better options than Bilic
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old September 17th, 2009, 03:13 Thread Starter
Legend

Seems like Levi gets credit for what? For sending Haifa to the Champions Leauge? And what happened in the years prior..nothing..
seems like if you do good with an Israeli Football Club abroad..your chances get better for a NT spot....

Grant did it...so did Kashtan..now Levi?!?!
Let him coach Beit She'an

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old September 17th, 2009, 04:20
Premier Player

haha, I really don't care who coaches the team as long as we win, but you make a good point Kappa
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old September 17th, 2009, 04:47
Star Player

well thats how it works...i say a bring in the money for a foreign coach!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in