WCQ: Israel vs. Luxemborg - September 9 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 79 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2009, 23:49 Thread Starter
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
WCQ: Israel vs. Luxemborg - September 9

After the most disappointing game in almost 15 years.... Israel needs to pick up and get the game going again...ofcourse, chances of making it to the mundial or the finals are slim to none thanks for Latvians having the go ahead on us and tieing us and wining us in the campaign.

This game is meaningless which is quite sad cause the next 2 matches are at home...Luxemborg this week and Moldova in October...now it seems like hot air to us.....

I dont know what to think in this lineup. Will Benayoun start. Will Kashtan cave in and allow Sahar to play ....Can Roberto Coalluti still be called?

any predcitions?

I wish i can change mine and say 1-0

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 79 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2009, 00:14
International

If only for the confidence of the team, a huge win is needed. And I keep on repeating for the goal difference it´s important to score as many as possible against the likes of Luxembourg. Disappointment is huge now and confidence is scarred, the only way to get that confidence back is a huge win now. Hopefully the players realise the damage done today and will react in the way the fans want them to react: a goalarama against Luxembourg.

Luckily most fans probably already purchased their ticket before the Latvia game, just to avoid a 70% empty stadium ...
post #3 of 79 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2009, 00:24 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackedpleasures View Post
If only for the confidence of the team, a huge win is needed. And I keep on repeating for the goal difference it´s important to score as many as possible against the likes of Luxembourg. Disappointment is huge now and confidence is scarred, the only way to get that confidence back is a huge win now. Hopefully the players realise the damage done today and will react in the way the fans want them to react: a goalarama against Luxembourg.

Luckily most fans probably already purchased their ticket before the Latvia game, just to avoid a 70% empty stadium ...
Ironically, history repeats itself in Israel......

Back in the campaign for Euro 2004.. Israel THOUGHT they were good. They were playing well against Cyprus, good against Slovenia and even France...
then comes the match of the matches...we lose to Slovenia. Then we tie Cyprus and later..we managed to run after the ball and tie Malta away....

That was in 2003.
Ironically..same year that Maccabi Haifa got its snotty attitude and figured that if they can beat a reserve Man U and Olympiakos than they can win everything....the coach listened and allowed their incompetent players to come and play... turned out he was wrong..and the 8-1 aggregate against AEK seemed like the cherry on the cake

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!

post #4 of 79 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2009, 01:42
Star Player

hahaha ya koosit echad....shuv pa'am ata medaber ya ars light.

The ashkenazi beitar fan speaks! hahaha tell me, if you would even manage to get around in teddy after they would see your little white boy face...היו מזיינים אותך מכות

and once again you talk about haifa in our national team sub-forum...i'm begining to think you want to start supporting haifa you talk about us so much. try to keep your beitar agenda away from our national team
post #5 of 79 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2009, 02:58
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
It will be intresting to see the team reaction after this defeat and what team Kashtan will field up against Luxembourg.

And especially what everyone must be thinking, what will be his talk with Benayoun?
Will the reaction just be brushed aside? Will they have an internal conversation and that is it? Or will Benayoun be "punished" with a bench?

Anyways, now that we are virutally out they must to do something that very few have done, play with pride for the NT.
post #6 of 79 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2009, 07:21 Thread Starter
Legend

We should start enticing players with money and stuff like we did in 2006.

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #7 of 79 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2009, 07:29 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ירוק OLE! View Post
hahaha ya koosit echad....shuv pa'am ata medaber ya ars light.

The ashkenazi beitar fan speaks! hahaha tell me, if you would even manage to get around in teddy after they would see your little white boy face...היו מזיינים אותך מכות

and once again you talk about haifa in our national team sub-forum...i'm begining to think you want to start supporting haifa you talk about us so much. try to keep your beitar agenda away from our national team
There is no agenda for me.....
I love my country and i love the NT. **** the leauge. Beitar comes second.... When the NT comes to play, its all about war.

Thanks, im flattered that you consider me a koosit

2003 bozos:
Adrom Keisi - i still see a lazy 30 year old who doesnt like to pass.
Alon Harazi
Walid Badir - sometimes he played ok...
Avishai Jano - remember him?

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #8 of 79 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2009, 11:41
ZZZ
Rising Star

Our team is f'ed, so is The coach, we have nothing to play for, so I think we will win it 3-0, because we have no pressure, if we tie or lose this game, we can officially be called a minnow team.

Also, I looked at the prediction league and I got 11 points.................... the computer got the wrong result instead of 0-1 to Latvia it's 3-0 to Israel, rofl.
post #9 of 79 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2009, 14:57
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa21 View Post
There is no agenda for me.....
I love my country and i love the NT. **** the leauge. Beitar comes second.... When the NT comes to play, its all about war.

Thanks, im flattered that you consider me a koosit

2003 bozos:
Adrom Keisi - i still see a lazy 30 year old who doesnt like to pass.
Alon Harazi
Walid Badir - sometimes he played ok...
Avishai Jano - remember him?
love your NT? you don't even understand half the slangs in hebrew...how do you support israel if you don't even know what israelis are? stick to canada little guy
post #10 of 79 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2009, 18:03
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZ View Post
Our team is f'ed, so is The coach, we have nothing to play for, so I think we will win it 3-0, because we have no pressure, if we tie or lose this game, we can officially be called a minnow team.

Also, I looked at the prediction league and I got 11 points.................... the computer got the wrong result instead of 0-1 to Latvia it's 3-0 to Israel, rofl.
Someone by mistake must have put the 3-0 score for Israel.
I corrected already.

ZZZ, nothing personal eh:smileani: Everyone lost points here, unless someone voted for a Latvia win.
post #11 of 79 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2009, 18:05
Forum Manager
Legend

Regarding Wednesdays game against Luxembourg, what do you guys think will happen?
Same starting lineup? Or the reserve players will have a chance?
One thing is certain, Ben Haim is expected to return to the starting lineup.
post #12 of 79 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2009, 21:22
Forum Manager
Legend

It seems that the Benayoun-Kashtan case is far from being solved. Both of them haven´t exchanged a word with eachother and even worse, Kashtan hasn´t placed Benayoun in the starting lineup in todays training session. So there is a chance that Yossi will be benched for Wednesday clash.

Dekel Keinan was released due yellow card suspension. Yaniv Katan also left the squad. Dudu Aouate felt some pain and is in doubt for the clash against Luxembourg, it seems that Davidovich will start afterall.
Meanwhile, Tal Ben Haim returns from suspension and will play. Gili Vermut was part of the team and has a chance to start aswell
The surprise was Yoav Ziv in midfield as a starter.

Starting Lineup in todays training.

Davidovich; Shpungin, Ben Haim, Strul, Ben Dayan; Kiyal, Alberman, Vermut, Ziv; Sahar, Barda.
post #13 of 79 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2009, 21:38
Rising Star

Teams: Liverpool
If Benayoun doesnt start, or even play, this will be the end of Kashtan. Benayoun is 100 times bigger than this loser, no way he can ever be left out of his team, because for all intents and purposes, this is Benayouns team.
post #14 of 79 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2009, 22:40
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior View Post
If Benayoun doesnt start, or even play, this will be the end of Kashtan. Benayoun is 100 times bigger than this loser, no way he can ever be left out of his team, because for all intents and purposes, this is Benayouns team.
Agreed!!

Benayoun is our main player he can´t be left out like this.
His reaction wasn´t the best of course, but no one understood that sub. And he didn´t badmouthed Kashtan, he only in a strong voice: "why have you made this sub? Why me??".
post #15 of 79 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2009, 01:33 Thread Starter
Legend

Im thinking that technically Benayoun sees an unmotivated team who would head to a tie with Luxemborg without him and Kashtan is just trying to show that even without Benayoun he can and will win...although the damage was done..

Again...Sahar was left out..... So i guess were not gonna go for a high scoring type game.

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #16 of 79 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2009, 02:02
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa21 View Post
Im thinking that technically Benayoun sees an unmotivated team who would head to a tie with Luxemborg without him and Kashtan is just trying to show that even without Benayoun he can and will win...although the damage was done..

Again...Sahar was left out..... So i guess were not gonna go for a high scoring type game.
Sahar will start from what i heard. Golan will be benched and apparently so will Benayoun. Kashtan knows that Benayoun is vital for the team, but he wants a bit of self pride after the episode in Ramat Gan.

If he placed Benayoun on the field he would lose the little control that reamains of the squad.
post #17 of 79 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2009, 03:12 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by berko View Post
Sahar will start from what i heard. Golan will be benched and apparently so will Benayoun. Kashtan knows that Benayoun is vital for the team, but he wants a bit of self pride after the episode in Ramat Gan.

If he placed Benayoun on the field he would lose the little control that reamains of the squad.
Regardless of my sympathies for Benayoun I think this mess really sucks.
Everyone knows that we wont make it and the atmosphere is the NT is not Unity but of the second coming of a new coach.

It sucks that in modern Israeli media that Kashtan doesnt care much about the team..he cares that the publicity wont hurt him as much in the end so he can actually have a defence when reporters attack him.

I was reading in the haaretz that 39 years ago....was the last time they fired a coach in the NT. Its the only position in Israel where you cannot be possibly fired.

Ironically the person fired was Emmanuel Shaffer.....the person who got us into the Mundial in the first place...although other coaches has managed to give us delight..especially when we made it to the Olympics...shaffer got tossed out...

According to Wikipedia:
other than the 1970's coaches who performed well and had a 60% or higher average in wins.....

Kashtan was the only one who beat them and while Neilsen, Sharf and Grant had 40%-48% wins....Kashtan had 53%. Not as good as the 70's coaches, and although not as many games as Sharf..but pretty good standing after 2 tournaments...

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #18 of 79 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2009, 03:14 Thread Starter
Legend

btw: were also coming to the game against luxemberg with 5 games played since 1949 and have won all 5 of them..lets make it lucky 6!

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #19 of 79 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2009, 19:39
Rising Star

Teams: M. Tel-Aviv, Israel NT
Now that the wet dream is over, I would like to take this time to honor those who led us throughout this marvelous campaign...

First, I would like to thank coach Dror Kashtan for showing absolutely no ability to coach a national team. Forget the lack of tactical knowledge, this guy was an all-around idiot. His "strategy"(if that's what you want call it) throughout the campaign was to play slow and defensive until we concede. Only then, he would let them go on the offensive, the way it should be, and that's when we score. Even worst was the game in Greece. After tying at home 3 days earlier, you're now in a position that you must win this road game. A must-win game and you start the game by fielding 5 defenders(keep in mind that we're talking about Greece over here and not Brazil)... How the f**k do you expect to win a game like that?

Second, I would like thank IFA chairman Avi Luzon for constantly talking the talk, but not walking the walk. It's nice to have fantasies, but this guy is holding a very serious position. The national team is the roof of the Israeli Football and Luzon must understand that you can’t build the roof without building the base first. The clubs and their youth academies(if they have) are the base of Israeli Football and they’re not in a healthy state. Luzon should be more concerned about clubs having proper training facilities and equipment, establishing proper training(especially physical, I can’t stress that enough) that can rival English and Spanish clubs. Once a solid base is in place, we will double the amount of Israeli players playing in Europe within a year or two. And more importantly, our league will be a lot stronger and will able to compete in Europe on a regular basis. By taking these steps, you’re making it a lot easier for the national team to compete. I wish you, Luzon, can understand this but still, thank you for sharing your fantasies with us.

And last but not least, I would to thank our players(a few exceptions here) for clearly showing that they just don’t give a f**k about making it to the World Cup. I can’t recall one game throughout this campaign(friendlies don’t count) that the players showed a desire to win, a sense of urgency, an all-out attack to win a game. It only happens once we fall behind and it’s unacceptable. Maybe they thought they’ll cruise through this group or that the win will just come to them, but it didn’t happen. The game is not won until you win it. They didn’t.

There are too many mind-boggling events in this campaign and it shouldn’t be happening on the national team level. There’s no professionalism, desire, or enthusiasm. It’s all talk and I fear that it’s going to stay like that…
post #20 of 79 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2009, 19:47
Rising Star

Teams: M. Tel-Aviv, Israel NT
I would rather have this game played at Bloomfield since I doubt more than 10,000 will come to the game. Usually with no pressure, I would say that we'll win at least 5-0. But after such a devastating defeat, we'll probably grind it out for a win.

My line-up: D. Aouate; Y. Ziv(Ben-Dayan), D. Keinan, A. Strool, E. Meshumar; S. Toama(Itzhaki), G. Alberman, Y. Benayoun, G. Vermut(Itzhaki); B. Sahar, E. Barda(Golan)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in