WCQ: Israel vs. Latvia - Sept 5/2009 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 84 (permalink) Old August 27th, 2009, 20:59 Thread Starter
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
WCQ: Israel vs. Latvia - Sept 5/2009

That goal Latvia scored is still a killer. Israel was on its way to getting 3 points, and instead it got a total of 2 points in the next 3 games.

Had Israel beaten Latvia, it would've been first going into the March games in the first place, probably much more confident than it was, and with Greece feeling even more pressure.

Let's hope Israel won't blow any points this time. The upcoming home games against Latvia, Luxembourg and Moldova are must-wins if Israel is to have any hope of getting even second place.

Here's the squad for the Latvia and Luxembourg games...

Goalkeeper: Dudu Awat, Nir Davidovitch, Liran Strauber
Defense: Dedi Ben Dayan, Yuval Shpungin, Dekel Keinan, Tal Ben Haim, Yoav Ziv, Eyal Meshumar, Dean Moree
Midfield: Gal Alberman, Aviram Bruchian, Biram Kiyal, Yossi Benayoun, Salim Toama, Avihai Yadin, Eyal Golasa
Attack: Ben Sahar, Omer Golan, Barack Itzhaki, Elyaniv Barda, Yaniv Katan, Eliran Atar

Colautti and Vermouth should've been invited.

replace Yaniv Katan with Coalutti.

This is what i hate about Israeli soccer. Katan is an up and down kinda player. He has a good year followed by a bad year. Since he started good they think that he will continue in this form... i dont see it and Roberto has been playing terrific at Germany....

Either way, im hoping for an Israeli win on this cause i dont see why we should lose or tie at home..We had the game in Latvia and we didnt bother to score 2 goals or more. We just sat back and relax...it was a stupid mistake for us to do...

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 84 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2009, 02:13
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
You forgot to put Avi Strul in defense.

Deserved call up for Yaniv Katan, he has been in great form lately the same for Atar and Golasa. Wonder if he will start with them.

Fielding an attacking i would start with: Aouate, Meshumar, Keinan, Ben Haim, Ben Dayan; Alberman, Baruchyan, Katan, Benayoun, Ben Sahar and Itzhaki.

A more conservative one i would place Avihai Yadin to play alongside Alberman in defensive midfield in the expense of Katan or Itzhaki.

Good call up IMO.

Maybe Vermut should have been there aswell.
post #3 of 84 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2009, 02:48
Rising Star

Teams: Liverpool
Colautti should have been called up instead of Katan.

Katan is NOT NT MATERIAL. He has never brought it once to the NT. For Haifa, I see the passion but for the NT, his performances have all been forgettable.

post #4 of 84 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2009, 06:36 Thread Starter
Legend

Katan is the anti-visionary that we thought of him as.

Instead of going at our International Players like Neilsen did in his day..he is sticking to his domestic league since he knows it well....
Problem is, Grant wanted the team to train on a monthly basis.. Katan didnt. And Katan doesnt know how much training or how well built Roberto is.... Borrussia has an amazing training...id get a 6 pack just being in the stands if I was a player there

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #5 of 84 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2009, 16:17
Forum Manager
Legend

I could agree with history and past. Katan didn´t have many memorable games for the NT, but no one could contest that he is in excellent form lately.
And a player should be called up by his form (of course each coach has its confidence man and a way to work, this is why Grant didn´t call Berkovic alleging he would compromise his style of working).
Katan has been playing very well since Haifa´s run for the title last season and especially this season where he is leading the club.

The question is: will Kashtan start with him??

About Collauti, it is a bit strange IMO, because the player has more playing time now and has been scoring lately and maybe he is in his best moment in Germany and now he isn´t called?

The same could be said about Tamir Cohen, he even scored against Liverpool some minutes ago. He is not the most technical player, but he has a good work rate and teamwork.

But from the squad Kashtan called up i think we have enough quality to display a good starting lineup.

What do do guys think should be the starting lineup against Latvia?
post #6 of 84 (permalink) Old September 1st, 2009, 00:06
Forum Manager
Legend

More speculation on the starting lineup for Saturday.

Tal Ben Haim who called up, won´t be able to play against Latvia because of yellow card suspension. He is likely to return four days later against Luxembourg.
So the central defense is pratically decided with Dekel Keinan and Avi Strul.

Eyal Meshumar is likely to take the right back spot over Yuval Shpungin, the same with Dedi ben Dayan over Yoav Ziv on the left.

Gal Alberman returns after injury and will certainly be at Kashtan´s midfield most likely alongside Biram Kiyal.

Yossi Benayoun will captain the team once more and still doesn´t know who will be his partner in midfield. Golasa, Baruchyan and Toama are fighting for a spot with the latter have started in most of the games and is favourite to win the contention.

It is in attack that Kashtan has the biggest doubts. All forwards called up have chance to start. Normally in this campaign, Golan and Barda have been the chosen ones, but Itzhaki, Katan, Sahar are all in better form and it won´t be surprise if one of them start.

Bnei Yehuda stirker Eliran Atar who received his first call up to the NT has injured himself today in the game against Ahi Nazrath and is in doubt for the matches.
post #7 of 84 (permalink) Old September 1st, 2009, 00:47 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by berko View Post
More speculation on the starting lineup for Saturday.

Tal Ben Haim who called up, won´t be able to play against Latvia because of yellow card suspension. He is likely to return four days later against Luxembourg.
So the central defense is pratically decided with Dekel Keinan and Avi Strul.
The Defence looks so-so......

Quote:
Eyal Meshumar is likely to take the right back spot over Yuval Shpungin, the same with Dedi ben Dayan over Yoav Ziv on the left.
Dedi Ben Dayan? Dedi Ben Zona!!!!! Remember Austria!!!! JEEEEEEEZE!!! He is not in my books? He played good where? at Netanya? And then at Hapoel TA to get back in the NT? where was he in the past 5-7 years? Playing in MLS and indoor soccer......bad choice....he will screw up something, but i guess this isnt Austria..not Switzerland for now...

Quote:
Gal Alberman returns after injury and will certainly be at Kashtan´s midfield most likely alongside Biram Kiyal.
Biram Kiyal NT career should have been over after what he did.
Gal Alberman...hmmmm he was injured recently and im hoping he is back in good form..i dont wanna see a lazy alberman

Quote:
Yossi Benayoun will captain the team once more and still doesn´t know who will be his partner in midfield. Golasa, Baruchyan and Toama are fighting for a spot with the latter have started in most of the games and is favourite to win the contention.
Looks interesting, Baruchyan pissed me off last round...Toama looks good...Golasa...mmmmmm i dont know man...young and also had 1 good run lately...id say keep him for Luxemborg....unless you guys hope on pulling off what happened against Faroe Islands. Last minute Goal (2-1 game?)
Quote:
It is in attack that Kashtan has the biggest doubts. All forwards called up have chance to start. Normally in this campaign, Golan and Barda have been the chosen ones, but Itzhaki, Katan, Sahar are all in better form and it won´t be surprise if one of them start.
Seriously...im waiting for Sahar to finally get a full start and not some minutes... when your player outplays Greece and then you take him out...we got a problem.... Sahar is our hope.... We wasted Benayoun in his early days for people like Nimny and Banin...and yet..nothing really was made out of the both of those Monkey Tel Aviv players..

Quote:
Bnei Yehuda stirker Eliran Atar who received his first call up to the NT has injured himself today in the game against Ahi Nazrath and is in doubt for the matches.
Least they won and im not sweating him....
I'd like to see him and Eyal Golasa in Luxemborg since we got more than enough advantages over them..... I'd say... we are in a tight rush for second and Goals may mean a whole of a lot difference..

MIND YOU:
Latvia is coming here thinking they are in 3rd, and possibly heading for a playoff spot. No one thought much about them in the Euro 2004 and in the end of the run they realized in their group that Latvia made it far from tieing and wining practical games:

Heres a look:

Group 4

September 7, 2002, Riga, Latvia - Latvia 0 - 0 Sweden

September 7, 2002, Serravalle, San Marino - San Marino 0 - 2 Poland

October 12, 2002, Warsaw, Poland - Poland 0 - 1 Latvia

October 12, 2002, Stockholm, Sweden - Sweden 1 - 1 Hungary

October 16, 2002, Budapest, Hungary - Hungary 3 - 0 San Marino

November 20, 2002, Serravalle, San Marino - San Marino 0 - 1 Latvia

March 29, 2003, Chorzów, Poland - Poland 0 - 0 Hungary

April 2, 2003, Budapest, Hungary - Hungary 1 - 2 Sweden

April 2, 2003, Ostrowiec, Poland - Poland 5 - 0 San Marino

April 30, 2003, Riga, Latvia - Latvia 3 - 0 San Marino

June 7, 2003, Budapest, Hungary - Hungary 3 - 1 Latvia

June 7, 2003, Serravalle, San Marino - San Marino 0 - 6 Sweden

June 11, 2003, Serravalle, San Marino - San Marino 0 - 5 Hungary

June 11, 2003, Stockholm, Sweden - Sweden 3 - 0 Poland

September 6, 2003, Riga, Latvia - Latvia 0 - 2 Poland

September 6, 2003, Gothenburg, Sweden - Sweden 5 - 0 San Marino

September 10, 2003, Riga, Latvia - Latvia 3 - 1 Hungary

September 10, 2003, Chorzów, Poland - Poland 0 - 2 Sweden

October 11, 2003, Budapest, Hungary - Hungary 1 - 2 Poland

October 11, 2003, Stockholm, Sweden - Sweden 0 - 1 Latvia - BIGGEST GAME OF THEIR LIVES!!!!!

And also...this current team...
their GK is from FC Sion (ZION?) in Switzerland and their top player plays for QPR...so come on!!!!!:frustrat:

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #8 of 84 (permalink) Old September 1st, 2009, 02:00
Forum Manager
Legend

It will be a tough game, no doubt about it. In the beggining of the campaign no one put Latvia among the possible candidates for a spot and they are ahead of us (but don´t forget we have only played twice at home so far and against the two toughest teams in theories).

This is a must win game and IMO, Israel is better and has all the conditions to take the 3 points. In Riga, we played better and we were leading until the 89th minute and one minute before we could have sealed the result, but Barda´s shot hit the crossbar.

Regarding your pessimistic views over the lineup:

Dedi ben Dayan is currently the best left back. He had his years in MLS, but lately he has been in good form and he deserves to start.

Defense is not the safest, but it is steady. Keinan has developed a lot and IMO his presence is very good for our defense.

Alberman is our vital player in midfield. Even though coming from injury he defends well and has good passing which leaves the ball cleaner for Yossi Benayoun to make his game.

In attack, i also agree that Sahar should have a chance. My doubt is who will be his partner. Katan is in good form, but will his phantom of not having good displays with the NT appear? Is it a rsiky move to put him in such a vital game?

IMO, anyone who enters has quality to make the job.

My starting lineup for Latvia (considering injuries and suspensions)

Aouate; Meshumar, Keinan, Strul, Ben Dayan; Alberman, Kiyal, Baruchyan, Benayoun; Sahar, Barda (Katan or Itzhaki).
post #9 of 84 (permalink) Old September 1st, 2009, 02:08
Rising Star

Teams: Liverpool
Quote:
Originally Posted by berko View Post
Aouate; Meshumar, Keinan, Strul, Ben Dayan; Alberman, Kiyal, Baruchyan, Benayoun; Sahar, Barda (Katan or Itzhaki).
Kiyal??

Id rather have a dirty sock just lying there on the field instead of Kiyal.

We're at home, we need a fast and attacking team.

******Sahar*******Atar********

Benayoun****Baruchian******Itzhaki

********Alberman********

Ben-Dayan****Keinan****Strul*****Meshumar

Barda is not in good form right now, so I'd give it to Atar who would have extra motivation since its his first NT game.
post #10 of 84 (permalink) Old September 1st, 2009, 04:58
Star Player

i agree with lior's line up. Atar is someone who must be the in the NT.

Colautti is rightfully not called up. Wait, you guys think that because the guy plays for a lower table club in the bundesliga that he should get priority....i beg to differ. The guy hasn't shown himself, he doesn't deserve it. Katan is a flop for the NT and this is clear, but maybe with his recent form he can do something to suprise us. Colautti also doesn't take these decision with professional respect, crying to the media how he is hurt and disrespected...just shut your mouth man! you didn't get called up, obviously there is a reason for that. Tamir...he should get called up and not just because of the goal this weekend but due to the fact that he plays well at the NT, and he's got heart. Sahar needs to start all the time! he is a great players. But when we play teams like this (and we hsould be able to easily beat latvie) then i wouldn't blame kashtan if he wanted to try golassa, ghadir, and rafaelov. Atar and Sahar must be starting up front in my opinion, i see a good combination with the two
post #11 of 84 (permalink) Old September 1st, 2009, 07:06 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ירוק OLE! View Post
i agree with lior's line up. Atar is someone who must be the in the NT.

Colautti is rightfully not called up. Wait, you guys think that because the guy plays for a lower table club in the bundesliga that he should get priority....i beg to differ. The guy hasn't shown himself, he doesn't deserve it. Katan is a flop for the NT and this is clear, but maybe with his recent form he can do something to suprise us. Colautti also doesn't take these decision with professional respect, crying to the media how he is hurt and disrespected...just shut your mouth man! you didn't get called up, obviously there is a reason for that. Tamir...he should get called up and not just because of the goal this weekend but due to the fact that he plays well at the NT, and he's got heart. Sahar needs to start all the time! he is a great players. But when we play teams like this (and we hsould be able to easily beat latvie) then i wouldn't blame kashtan if he wanted to try golassa, ghadir, and rafaelov. Atar and Sahar must be starting up front in my opinion, i see a good combination with the two
Why dont you just play the whole Maccabi Haifa team son?
Last time we had a majority Haifa team we ****ed up royally? Do i have to mention? Let it go...... Someone impresses you with one goal and then you jump for joy....and Ghadir? Aravi ben zona? he should be playing for Yordan Nifcheret...lo shelanu!!!!

As for Katan....yea one game...
reminds me of his stellar days with Maccabi before being shipped to West Ham...and then called up for the NT.. He sucked and his suckyness went to West Ham until they couldnt take that bambo monkey no more so they sent him to the Haifa Metro Zoo!

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #12 of 84 (permalink) Old September 1st, 2009, 17:49 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purger View Post
I am sure Israel will win it's next 3 games, then whether Israel finishes in one of the top 2 spots in this group all depends on whether they beat Switzerland in their final game (unless Switzerland blow it before that of course).
Yea, there is alot of scenarios going on...

dont forget in another 4 days... Greece plays Switzerland at Zurich...this game is going to be tight. A tie would basically mean Israel needs to fight it out with the Swiss. A win for Greece and a loss for Switerland opens alot of corridors. Puts alot of things 'equal' i shall say...but still.....nothing needs more than a win in Switzerland for Israel to seal the deal...

Im kinda worried about the Greeks. Greeks are known to be champions in fu-ck ups in the early season cause everyone got back from the Islands and their head is not in the game.

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #13 of 84 (permalink) Old September 1st, 2009, 19:44
Premier Player

I agree with Lior that we need a more attacking lineup.
For me Golan shouldn't be called to the NT, he isn't good. He can't even get a start for his own team. As for Katan, well hes gotten better and improved on his technical ability, he isnt fast but he has a good touch and holds the ball up well. If I were the coach my team would be like this. Either way Kashtan sucks, and we need a better coach to select the right players and organize the team. I would like to see Shum to be our next coach.

---------------Katan----------------
--Sahar-------Itzhaki-----Benayoun--
--------Bruchyan----Alberman-------
--Ziv-------------------------Meshumar
--------Strool---------Keinan--------
---------------Awat---------------
post #14 of 84 (permalink) Old September 1st, 2009, 20:43
Rising Star

Teams: M. Tel-Aviv, Israel NT
Latvia is in 3rd place, because they won the matches they were SUPPOSE to win and because of an 89th minute equalizer against a team with no coach, tactical knowledge, and no sense of urgency or a desire to win... No surprises... They still have to play Israel, Greece, and Switzerland so I guarantee you guys that they're finishing in fourth place. Israel only has to play Switzerland.

As for Israel, if they had won the matches that they were SUPPOSE to win, they would be heading to Switzerland with tickets to South Africa already booked. But who am I kidding? This is ISRAEL we're talking about!!! LOL We ALL know that we're going to win the next 3 matches and end up in 3rd place by comfortably losing/tying in Basel...

As for the call-ups: Yadin, Golasa, and Atar should be with the U-21s. Yadin and Atar are still eligible. Colautti should've been called up. Vermut was called up to replace Golasa. Sahar must start but he must be played as a forward and not as a winger like he did against Greece. If Kashtan had a brain and put Sahar in his natural position, we would've witnessed a hat-trick at Ramat Gan. Katan will get his chance against Luxembourg. I wouldn't play him against Latvia unless we're leading by 5 goals with 10 minutes left.

My line-up: D. Aouate; Y. Ziv(Ben-Dayan), D. Keinan, A. Strool, E. Meshumar; S. Toama(Itzhaki), G. Alberman, Y. Benayoun, G. Vermut(Itzhaki); B. Sahar, E. Barda(Golan)
post #15 of 84 (permalink) Old September 1st, 2009, 21:03
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daweed View Post
As for Israel, if they had won the matches that they were SUPPOSE to win, they would be heading to Switzerland with tickets to South Africa already booked. But who am I kidding? This is ISRAEL we're talking about!!! LOL We ALL know that we're going to win the next 3 matches and end up in 3rd place by comfortably losing/tying in Basel...
Couldn't have said it better myself...I promised myself that if we don't qualify to this world cup then i officially stop caring about the Israel NT. We got the EASIEST group. Our pot 1 team (greece) was the easiest we could have gotten, i won't mentio the rest of the teams we got. Essentially we should have qualified, and sorry to sound pessimistic but like daweed said...."this is israel" and israel always manages to suprise me with their shittyness and thier inability to take an oppurtunity and make something out of it.
post #16 of 84 (permalink) Old September 1st, 2009, 21:22 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daweed View Post

Suppose to?
Look at the other nations out there. Many of them are having a hard time playing and the game has gotten competitive in the National team atmosphere. What made Germany do so bad in the 2004 Qualifiers? What made England and Portugal suck and re-invent themselves so they would come out strong now? You realize that 5 years ago our age of the NT was 27-28 years old? Today its around 22-23 perhaps? More young players are getting the chance of a lifetime now.

No one promised us anything and we could have won in Ramat Gan vs. Greece and possibly tied in Greece or as you like to state..lose to Greece and have all things equal versus the Malakas.

But you never know what will go on now. I have said that Greece in September plays shit. They have good runs and then they forget about it and start accusing one another. Watch them have half empty stadiums and low-confidence. Im worried that they will tie Switzerland or even let Switzerland win. The game vs. Switzerland with Greece and Israel is going to be insane. In 4 more days, if it goes to Switzerland (a win) than we can kiss our chances goodbye.

Quote:
As for the call-ups: Yadin, Golasa, and Atar should be with the U-21s. Yadin and Atar are still eligible. Colautti should've been called up. Vermut was called up to replace Golasa. Sahar must start but he must be played as a forward and not as a winger like he did against Greece. If Kashtan had a brain and put Sahar in his natural position, we would've witnessed a hat-trick at Ramat Gan. Katan will get his chance against Luxembourg. I wouldn't play him against Latvia unless we're leading by 5 goals with 10 minutes left.

My line-up: D. Aouate; Y. Ziv(Ben-Dayan), D. Keinan, A. Strool, E. Meshumar; S. Toama(Itzhaki), G. Alberman, Y. Benayoun, G. Vermut(Itzhaki); B. Sahar, E. Barda(Golan)

True. Colatti needs to be back in the game. Alberman is an iffy...Sahar need to prove himself this weekend and the in another week from now...

**** THIS!! YALLA MILCHAMA!! WERE GONNA GET INTO THE WC!!!!
I WANNA GO TO S. AFRICA!

worse comes to worse....we celebrate what were good at...making 3rd place for the...5 MOTHER FAKKKING TIME!! KOOS IMMA SHELACHEM V SHEL MACCABI HAIFA!!! :frustrat:

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #17 of 84 (permalink) Old September 1st, 2009, 21:44 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ירוק OLE! View Post
Couldn't have said it better myself...I promised myself that if we don't qualify to this world cup then i officially stop caring about the Israel NT. We got the EASIEST group. Our pot 1 team (greece) was the easiest we could have gotten, i won't mentio the rest of the teams we got. Essentially we should have qualified, and sorry to sound pessimistic but like daweed said...."this is israel" and israel always manages to suprise me with their shittyness and thier inability to take an oppurtunity and make something out of it.
Yea, you and daweed love to underestimate Israel.

Ofcourse Israel was doing 'well'.

But:

a) we never tried cause seriously...after we played what? 6 games already...we truly never played 1 game where we were clearly good. Moldova was a scare. Latvia was a kick in the nuts and Switzerland...we were down 2-0 to them..at home!!!! Does that mean anything? I dont know... clearly you forget it when they lose to Luxemborg and make Lux people happy and trying to revive the spirit of 1995 (anyone can fill me on that, please do...). Then again, Switzerland does the impossible and wins big bad Greece.
While Israel, on the other hand, was suprised to see that like other places in the Mediterranean coast (Turkey, Serbia, Croatia, Italy, Spain..etc..) the players are rather more built (180 pounds and up!) and are tall.....most of the Greece NT players are 6'0 or higher. A few who are 5'8/5'9..but most are 6'0 and are giants compared to sissy Israelis who are 5'5 and 5'6 and are keen on the sfaradia food diet in keeping up with being 130-150 pounds! More research should be done..

B) Whoever made the schedule up can go jump out of the Azrieli towers! Seriously.... I would have never for once...agreed to play a team..not EVEN Luxemberg back to back like we did with Greece. Seriously...it ****ed us up so hard. Especially playing them at home. For what? to win a quick game and have them concentrate 92 hours later on how to finish us up the next? PEOPLE!!! That was a huge **** up. We could have had an easier group than now, and we'd still mess up..not cause of how powerful or weak Greece is..but the sheer fact that the only thing that they are thinking about is strategy and ways to overcome Israel on the Wednesday game because of messed up situations in the Saturday match. I would never have in my life thought that scheduling the games because out of respect for Rosh Hashana/Yom Kippur would create a stir. Especially when Moldova and Latvia stuck their nose and demanded that we play them in Febuary/March when its fridget cold in their region.

and also:
b1) With respect to the back-to-back Greece match... I also like to comment on who even agreed to play in Corfu? What numb-nut IFA rep agreed to it? who told him? On what premise? Because its safer for us to play in a stadium outside of metropolitan areas?
Lest we understand - people in Corfu have nothing to do. Having the National Team which is draped in Greece with accusations, bribery, corruption and scandals to come to that Island which has only tourism and a mediocre nightlife is like having Jesus come to them. So instead of having a 20,000/half empty stadium in Athens, we recieved a jam packed stadium with angry ultra-nationalist and left wing punks jeering anything about Israel, Palestine and the Jews yank at us for 90 minutes...
Bad Bad mistake!!!!

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #18 of 84 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2009, 00:17
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa21 View Post
Yea, you and daweed love to underestimate Israel.

Ofcourse Israel was doing 'well'.

But:

a) we never tried cause seriously...after we played what? 6 games already...we truly never played 1 game where we were clearly good. Moldova was a scare. Latvia was a kick in the nuts and Switzerland...we were down 2-0 to them..at home!!!! Does that mean anything? I dont know... clearly you forget it when they lose to Luxemborg and make Lux people happy and trying to revive the spirit of 1995 (anyone can fill me on that, please do...). Then again, Switzerland does the impossible and wins big bad Greece.
While Israel, on the other hand, was suprised to see that like other places in the Mediterranean coast (Turkey, Serbia, Croatia, Italy, Spain..etc..) the players are rather more built (180 pounds and up!) and are tall.....most of the Greece NT players are 6'0 or higher. A few who are 5'8/5'9..but most are 6'0 and are giants compared to sissy Israelis who are 5'5 and 5'6 and are keen on the sfaradia food diet in keeping up with being 130-150 pounds! More research should be done..

B) Whoever made the schedule up can go jump out of the Azrieli towers! Seriously.... I would have never for once...agreed to play a team..not EVEN Luxemberg back to back like we did with Greece. Seriously...it ****ed us up so hard. Especially playing them at home. For what? to win a quick game and have them concentrate 92 hours later on how to finish us up the next? PEOPLE!!! That was a huge **** up. We could have had an easier group than now, and we'd still mess up..not cause of how powerful or weak Greece is..but the sheer fact that the only thing that they are thinking about is strategy and ways to overcome Israel on the Wednesday game because of messed up situations in the Saturday match. I would never have in my life thought that scheduling the games because out of respect for Rosh Hashana/Yom Kippur would create a stir. Especially when Moldova and Latvia stuck their nose and demanded that we play them in Febuary/March when its fridget cold in their region.

and also:
b1) With respect to the back-to-back Greece match... I also like to comment on who even agreed to play in Corfu? What numb-nut IFA rep agreed to it? who told him? On what premise? Because its safer for us to play in a stadium outside of metropolitan areas?
Lest we understand - people in Corfu have nothing to do. Having the National Team which is draped in Greece with accusations, bribery, corruption and scandals to come to that Island which has only tourism and a mediocre nightlife is like having Jesus come to them. So instead of having a 20,000/half empty stadium in Athens, we recieved a jam packed stadium with angry ultra-nationalist and left wing punks jeering anything about Israel, Palestine and the Jews yank at us for 90 minutes...
Bad Bad mistake!!!!

Listen, all rivalries aside. I put the NT before my club, thats for sure. But ofcourse me and daweed don't expect israel to qualify because everytime this team gets out hopes up they just crash them to the ground. In my opinion the scheduling and the match venues are irrelevant. Football is football, if you're better you win and no schedule should stop us from qualifying.

I agree with you that today NT football is alot more competitive, it has changed. I still remember before WC 2006 when France came to play Israel in ramat gan. Henry told Maariv "listen today in the national team stage there is no more middle sized teams, there are either small national teams or big national teams. israel is a big national team." and that isn't to flatter us. In fact its true, we are a scare to every big team that come to play us. But for some reason we just can't get through. In the end what i'm saying here is that national team football has changed, but teams like israel are part of that change, we benefitted from this change because we are part of the reason it became so competitive. Look at what we did against russian in the euro qualifiers (and russia today is a very strong national team). We are not a small football country, we love football and we have the material to win, but something is wrong (i don't know what it is, mental or managerial or maybe the players just can't do it).

As for the physical build. Listen, you got a point. We're not england or russian or cote d'ivoire. But I have to say that you overlook some of our big boys. You're telling me guys like Ben Haim, ben sahar, alberman, or Katan can't get physical. I mean look at maccabi haifa (and drop the bullshit about the rivalry and just take this example) they played salzburg and they completely outranked the austrians on every 50/50 physical chance. And salzburg is made up of some big guys as well. What i'm saying is that i wouldn't belittle the physical aspect of our football. And guys like benayoun who are slender, and tiny make up for it with great speed and agility that big guys can never catch up to, i think he proves that with his ability in the premiership. Still, Israeli players should be lifting more weights and eating different foods so they can compete on an international scale and not play catch up.
post #19 of 84 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2009, 00:21
Forum Manager
Legend

Guys it won´t be an easy game. Latvia comes motivated, don´t forget they ahead of us by one point.
Of course we should play offensively, but we can´t simply play with 11 strikers.

In my starting lineup i placed Kiyal alongside Alberman with Baruchyan and Benayoun in playmaking having a more balanced midfield.
Why is that? Simple. Midfield is where the game will be decided and certainly Latvia will pack up their middle. We could have four technical midfielders that have good dribble and skill, but if we don´t have a player tackle and give them the ball then we won´t have many plays.

In order to Benayoun to shine and Baruchyan to have a more offensive role to put in his good vision, we need a defensive midfielder with these characteristics. Maybe in this case Tamir Cohen would be even better than Kiyal, like Yarok Ole said he plays with all his heart with the NT.

I will use as an example Milan. I am going to compare Gattuso (Kiyal or Tamir Cohen) and Pirlo (Alberman). If Gattuso is not on the field Pirlo ends up being the first defensive midfielder, this means he will be wasted in a defensive role which isn´t exactly his best. His main quality is his passing and beggining the plays just like Alberman.

When Gattuso is in midfield players like Ronaldinho (Benayoun) have more free role to attack and less defensive worries tireing him less.

But from the squad Kashtan called, Kiyal is supposed to be this man and Alberman could have more freedom to appear upfront aswell since he has a good long range shot.

Upfront, Sahar and Atar, look a good duo, but Atar is injured and doubtful for the match.

Sahar should start and everyone agrees with it. the only doubt is who to place alongside him since Atar is injured.
post #20 of 84 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2009, 01:01
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purger View Post
In the end, Israel will qualify. If Luxembourg could beat Switzerland in Zurich, so can Israel.
Hope you words come true.

Actually the math is simple.
If we win our 4 remaining macthes, we are probably on the second place in the group. Considering that our next three games are at home against in theory weaker teams our really big job will be to beat Switzerland in Zurich.

Let´s hope that the Greeks beat the Swiss away or at least take a draw. I can´t believe we are behind Switzerland and they lost to Luxembourg:frustrat:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in