Fifa investigates Greece 'lasers' - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old April 7th, 2009, 22:09 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: M. Tel-Aviv, Israel NT
Fifa investigates Greece 'lasers'

Again with this type of crap?

This is getting ridiculous... first the swiss betting scandal, now greek lasers? wow... how f**ked up can our group get? lol

Apparently, they were aiming lasers at Dudu Aouate during the penalty kick in the 67th minute. According to the report, this is not the first time they did this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old April 9th, 2009, 15:27
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
I think if the 12th player is the fan than the fans should take responsibility for this.....

If there was any lasers...id say disqualify the goal and make the Greeks go back to a 1-1 final....

DIRTY FANS

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old April 9th, 2009, 15:28
Legend

We have to see all the footages and hope that if there was Infared pointers at Dudu Awatts body and ground than its clear they were aimed at him

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old April 11th, 2009, 08:04
Rising Star

Teams: ISRAEL NT & Maccabi Haifa & Beitar Jerusalem!
FIFA must take the points away from Greece and give a point to Israel.

Greece is a cheater!

Israel #1
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old April 11th, 2009, 23:49
Legend

Greeks dont even care about their National Team....

It was our stupid FA who made the game in a ****ing villagers island of Crete where nationalism runs high....
try having a game where people dont have a sense of soccer and would do all their best to make distractions....

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old April 12th, 2009, 01:06
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
IMO this wil stay quiet and neither the Swiss or the Greeks will be punished. It will just be a warning for them to be careful in these attitudes. Even though FIFA and Uefa don´t have exactly the best of relationships with the Greek FA after supposedly political involvement. And in this case Israel would be benefited and FIFA nor Uefa would make any effort in helping us, unfortunatley.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old April 16th, 2009, 18:44
Rising Star

Teams: ISRAEL NT & Maccabi Haifa & Beitar Jerusalem!
Any updates????

Israel #1
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2009, 07:55
Legend

They wont do anything....
There is no power to do anything..

its not like it was the first time....
And its no different then flashes...but more harmful...

FIFA doesnt know...UEFA is too scared to react...
case is closed....

besides people..i dont know why it makes sense to react to this...
Afterall, the Greeks were the better team.
Somehow ISraelis thought that because they dwindeled after winning Euro 2004 that they are at the same par as Israel which has an amazing amount of lazy players and egotism.... Israel lost cause they were weak....Greece was better and thats that...

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old April 19th, 2009, 02:46
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa21 View Post
They wont do anything....
There is no power to do anything..

its not like it was the first time....
And its no different then flashes...but more harmful...

FIFA doesnt know...UEFA is too scared to react...
case is closed....

besides people..i dont know why it makes sense to react to this...
Afterall, the Greeks were the better team.
Somehow ISraelis thought that because they dwindeled after winning Euro 2004 that they are at the same par as Israel which has an amazing amount of lazy players and egotism.... Israel lost cause they were weak....Greece was better and thats that...
It depends in what aspect you are looking. First the fact Greece were the better side in Crete, doesn´t diminuish the act of the Greek fans. I agree with you when you say that this case will be forgotten by FIFA and Uefa, but i bet you that if the opposing side was England, Italy, Spain or Germany than the story would be different and Greece would receive some punishment. Anyways, we need to focus on our game more and not depend on FIFA decisions to qualify for a World Cup.

Second point, You say Greece is better than Israel, maybe overall they are in fact. But, they aren´t so much superior and in Ramat Gan i saw very much possible an Israeli win. Even with Kashtan being scared coach and playing always safe, we almost won the game and maybe if we had a bit more luck on finishing we would still be talking in going to South Africa next year.

Greece tactically is much more organized, experienced team. Has a solid defense and physically strong players and smartly they practice a lot set pieces, taking advantage of that. They have a very good coach, Otto Rehaguel who has imposed a German style football with organization and discipline. Well, my description was apparently very optimistic and sounded like i am a Greek speaking, but they haven´t won Euro 2004 by accident, they had their merits. They are far from being brilliant and world class team, but they know how to use their qualities and that is why i believe they will qualify.

Israel on the other hand, on most situations are exactly opposed to Greece characteristics. More technical players than Greece (including those who weren´t called for the squad), better on one-one situations, on dribbling, on creative game. But Israeli players in general despite playing rough and tackling hard, normally aren´t so strong physically. Set pieces are a chronical problem for Israeli teams and NT, especially defensively speaking. Teamwork had improved in the last years, it came with Grant and that is one positive thing Kashtan has apparently, but tactically still not so much organized and disciplined (together with this discipline comes with mentality, the dying moments of the game and comeptition when you need to be mentaly strong and apparently the Israeli NT still lacks it). I would compare our team a bit with Turkey, similar characteristics, but less competent in using them.

So after these two briefings of each squad i come back to my previous answer when i say Greece is overall better, but not so better. The big difference is that Greece knows how to explore their qualities while we don´t. If we have a more technical team we should use that, speed up over their tall defense, move the ball around and in the only moments we did it was in Ramat gan for 15 minutes when we scored and had two golden opportunities especially with Itzhaki. Sahar used his skill and was very good in the match. But we insist on the big games to play defensively and wait to concede to play forward, that is why never lose at home because we concede early and then use a bit of our qualities.

The day we understand that and improve our mentality we could reach somewhere far. We have a lot of potential for it.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old April 21st, 2009, 17:37
International

First of all... how true is this story? Nobody, not even Dudu himself, was protesting at any moment or talking to the ref. After the penalty goal, no protest neither. Dudu didn't seem hindered at any moment in the game, even had a great interception to avoid the 3-1 in the end, so he didn't seem like something was hindering him.

Secondly, you cannot just consider 1-1 as result. First of all, it were the fans and not the players who misbehaved (if it is true at all) which is beyond the control of the Greek players. To dismiss their victory would be a bit unfair to them as convenient as it may look (I rather qualify in a fair way than in front of a court). And IF a sanction is given, it is usually either playing in front of an empty stadium one game as punishment but not replaying the game or taking away points, to do that would be a very rare thing and cause a precedent which more teams would try to use. Either nothing happens, either the whole game's result is declared defunct (which I'd say is extremely unlikely to happen), either the result stays but Greece will be sanctioned in another way (money fine, or playing 1 game without fans). To change the result in 1-1 as if the last 20 minutes don't matter is impossible, and the best we can hope for is a replay of some sort. I must admit though i wouldn't like that, I rather qualify based on own strength than because a lawyer did a good job in front of FIFA courts. The second place is still in our own hands, let's focus on that instead of counting on some court which will 99% sure give a monitary fine to the Greek FA if they do anything at all...
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old April 22nd, 2009, 00:43
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackedpleasures View Post
First of all... how true is this story? Nobody, not even Dudu himself, was protesting at any moment or talking to the ref. After the penalty goal, no protest neither. Dudu didn't seem hindered at any moment in the game, even had a great interception to avoid the 3-1 in the end, so he didn't seem like something was hindering him.

Secondly, you cannot just consider 1-1 as result. First of all, it were the fans and not the players who misbehaved (if it is true at all) which is beyond the control of the Greek players. To dismiss their victory would be a bit unfair to them as convenient as it may look (I rather qualify in a fair way than in front of a court). And IF a sanction is given, it is usually either playing in front of an empty stadium one game as punishment but not replaying the game or taking away points, to do that would be a very rare thing and cause a precedent which more teams would try to use. Either nothing happens, either the whole game's result is declared defunct (which I'd say is extremely unlikely to happen), either the result stays but Greece will be sanctioned in another way (money fine, or playing 1 game without fans). To change the result in 1-1 as if the last 20 minutes don't matter is impossible, and the best we can hope for is a replay of some sort. I must admit though i wouldn't like that, I rather qualify based on own strength than because a lawyer did a good job in front of FIFA courts. The second place is still in our own hands, let's focus on that instead of counting on some court which will 99% sure give a monitary fine to the Greek FA if they do anything at all...
No one is taking merits out of the Greeks. They were the better team in Crete period. On my previous post i even said that they know how to explore their strong points very well and that is why i believe they will qualify. This story will end up in nothing. The games will be played normally and we will have to be almost perfect and still cheer for a Swiss bad result in the middle of the way. We still have a chance and must believe until the end, but the thing is tha playing like we did and Kashtan as coach the motivation and hope isn´t very high.
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old April 22nd, 2009, 03:55
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by berko View Post
It depends in what aspect you are looking. First the fact Greece were the better side in Crete, doesn´t diminuish the act of the Greek fans. I agree with you when you say that this case will be forgotten by FIFA and Uefa, but i bet you that if the opposing side was England, Italy, Spain or Germany than the story would be different and Greece would receive some punishment. Anyways, we need to focus on our game more and not depend on FIFA decisions to qualify for a World Cup.

Second point, You say Greece is better than Israel, maybe overall they are in fact. But, they aren´t so much superior and in Ramat Gan i saw very much possible an Israeli win. Even with Kashtan being scared coach and playing always safe, we almost won the game and maybe if we had a bit more luck on finishing we would still be talking in going to South Africa next year.
Look, im not saying that Greece is better than Israel.
They arent that good and they had weaknesses in both games..but their weakness didn't stop ours and we showed it very much so in many of the plays we did.
We did have good plays, i gotta admit...especially in game 1 and the 2nd half...but we were fruitless and hardly ever making a charge..the Greeks had many good chances and like always we came away with a tie.

The thing that bothered me the most about this game is that ****ing 72 hour difference between one game and the other. I hated it and i think our FA is runned by sfaradic ****erss who dont know anything..
If it was up to me, id play in -20 degrees in moldova or Latvia just to play the Greeks in the begining of the year and then in Ramat Gan.

Moreoever, Crete is a villager's island. People there are nationalistic. In Mainland Greece..or in Athens area, you find more international/liberal scene while in the Islands, having the national team come to play is a huge honor for them......so i dont know why our FA wanted 30,000 fans screaming their national anthem 10 minutes after it was sung?

Quote:
Greece tactically is much more organized, experienced team. Has a solid defense and physically strong players and smartly they practice a lot set pieces, taking advantage of that. They have a very good coach, Otto Rehaguel who has imposed a German style football with organization and discipline. Well, my description was apparently very optimistic and sounded like i am a Greek speaking, but they haven´t won Euro 2004 by accident, they had their merits. They are far from being brilliant and world class team, but they know how to use their qualities and that is why i believe they will qualify.
Look, Greece had its advances in EUro 2004 and they played the game beautifully..
They showed that alot of teams can do it as well if they focus on a few key strategies and organized themselves and their defense very well.....

But regardless, if Greece does make it to S. Africa...i doubt they will have any success their.... and i hope they dont concede too many goals to whoever they play..

Quote:
Israel on the other hand, on most situations are exactly opposed to Greece characteristics. More technical players than Greece (including those who weren´t called for the squad), better on one-one situations, on dribbling, on creative game. But Israeli players in general despite playing rough and tackling hard, normally aren´t so strong physically. Set pieces are a chronical problem for Israeli teams and NT, especially defensively speaking. Teamwork had improved in the last years, it came with Grant and that is one positive thing Kashtan has apparently, but tactically still not so much organized and disciplined (together with this discipline comes with mentality, the dying moments of the game and comeptition when you need to be mentaly strong and apparently the Israeli NT still lacks it). I would compare our team a bit with Turkey, similar characteristics, but less competent in using them.

So after these two briefings of each squad i come back to my previous answer when i say Greece is overall better, but not so better. The big difference is that Greece knows how to explore their qualities while we don´t. If we have a more technical team we should use that, speed up over their tall defense, move the ball around and in the only moments we did it was in Ramat gan for 15 minutes when we scored and had two golden opportunities especially with Itzhaki. Sahar used his skill and was very good in the match. But we insist on the big games to play defensively and wait to concede to play forward, that is why never lose at home because we concede early and then use a bit of our qualities.

The day we understand that and improve our mentality we could reach somewhere far. We have a lot of potential for it.

I think that Kashtan days are numbered and we need to find a solution to our coaching issues...

meanwhile, we should also see ways to use shahar, assuilin, buzaglo and such.....

we had a bad line up to start with and rellying on 1 player only...

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old June 12th, 2009, 00:41
Forum Manager
Legend

FIFA has taken the official decision regarding the lasers that constantly bothered Israeli goalkeeper Dudu Aouate during the crucial qualifier match in Crete last March.
The Greek FA will be punished with 25,000 Swiss Francs:rollani:

Well, never expected nothing from this issue, but honestly it is kind of a punishment that it won´t change anything. It is not a large sum and they won´t lose any points and the fans will continue to do it. Plus, the Greek fans also took anti-Israeli slogans with a big banner saying "free palestine" on the pitch.
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old June 13th, 2009, 23:37
Legend

Quote:

Well, never expected nothing from this issue, but honestly it is kind of a punishment that it won´t change anything. It is not a large sum and they won´t lose any points and the fans will continue to do it. Plus, the Greek fans also took anti-Israeli slogans with a big banner saying "free palestine" on the pitch.
Better than what the Swiss did to Israel and disrupted the game and violated security?

I went to a Greek place to watch the away game. The Greek fans had a mouthful to say..not about Israel and Zionism, but about the Jews..and how they run the world.

When they saw the Free Palestine slogan..they cheered...
"yaaa give it to those Jews"... Lucky, my appearance and my kippa-less (But not Kappa-less) appearance didnt deter them from thinking i could have been Israeli..

I wonder if Israel would have shown Albanian Flag. Or Turkish. Or Macedonian flag and a slogan saying..Greek Macedonia, belongs to Macedonia..or showing sympathy to the North Cypricots and their Liberation Organization...... but meh...thats just my free thinking and ignorant thoughts

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2009, 00:31
Premier Player

Teams: Maccabi Tel Aviv
Quote:
I wonder if Israel would have shown Albanian Flag. Or Turkish. Or Macedonian flag and a slogan saying..Greek Macedonia, belongs to Macedonia..or showing sympathy to the North Cypricots and their Liberation Organization...... but meh...thats just my free thinking and ignorant thoughts
we should do that...if they're gonna put crap and slogans against us we should do that also...support macedonia and things like that...do a special thingy for every team...!
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2009, 03:13
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:

Yeah you are right. Obviously they wouldn´t like and worse, they would begin a war about it. They would wish us expelled from Uefa (probably they already wish it, but in this case they would demand it) and begin a media demonizing of Israel. Nothing new about this eh?
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2009, 08:26
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnorrer View Post
we should do that...if they're gonna put crap and slogans against us we should do that also...support macedonia and things like that...do a special thingy for every team...!
From the Republica of Makedonia
with love

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2009, 08:29
Legend

Quote:
Yeah you are right. Obviously they wouldn´t like and worse, they would begin a war about it. They would wish us expelled from Uefa (probably they already wish it, but in this case they would demand it) and begin a media demonizing of Israel. Nothing new about this eh?
Greece has bitter enemies. Not like Israel...which actually doesnt recognize us. Their enemies hate them as much as they hate their enemy...but in the end of the day, lines are drawn, unlike our conflict which is about yes to Israel or no to Israel.

I forgot to mention that it took the Greek fans 2 games and 17 years, on which we played 2 friendlies before hand to start complaining in the match that i saw in the greek bar of why Israel deserves to play in UEFA....
come on... do i have to repeat myself? :rollani:

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2009, 18:49
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Greece has bitter enemies. Not like Israel...which actually doesnt recognize us. Their enemies hate them as much as they hate their enemy...but in the end of the day, lines are drawn, unlike our conflict which is about yes to Israel or no to Israel.

I forgot to mention that it took the Greek fans 2 games and 17 years, on which we played 2 friendlies before hand to start complaining in the match that i saw in the greek bar of why Israel deserves to play in UEFA....
come on... do i have to repeat myself? :rollani:
Well, this story will always repeat itself. Time after time fans from different countries come and tell us why we shouldn´t be in Uefa. Actually it happens in every qualifier. The team changes the slogans are the same.

Greece is a curious situation because ironically they are the country that has played Israel most times in history: 18. But if we complain about this issue, imagine what happens when they play Turkey, better not get involved in it.
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old June 15th, 2009, 05:40
Legend

Quote:
Well, this story will always repeat itself. Time after time fans from different countries come and tell us why we shouldn´t be in Uefa. Actually it happens in every qualifier. The team changes the slogans are the same.

Greece is a curious situation because ironically they are the country that has played Israel most times in history: 18. But if we complain about this issue, imagine what happens when they play Turkey, better not get involved in it.
Since the 2006 qualifiers we mad a stomping ground...so when you have papers writing about us..people start to see...

all of a sudden we made a 20 second clip of a tie with france or Ireland away..thats big news!

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in