Israel vs Greece World Cup Qualifier Mar. 28th - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 59 (permalink) Old March 3rd, 2009, 19:48 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Israel vs Greece World Cup Qualifier Mar. 28th

So, this is make or break for us, Home and Away against Greece.

I guess the question is who plays for us?

I feel that personally whoever is playing well at the club level should start, Imo, Kiyal and Toama, and Cohen shouldnt even be called up.

--------------Sahar--------Golan-----------
-----Barda----------Bruchyan-------Benayoun
----Ziv-------------Alberman----------Dayan
-------------Ben-Haim-------Keinan---------
-----------------------Awat----------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 59 (permalink) Old March 3rd, 2009, 20:30
International

This game will be huge, I hope for a good livestream because no cafe will broadcast it on big screen here... What happens in case Israel would win at home and draw away? What if the two teams would finish equal in the end? Is goal average, number of games won, or the results of the games against each other decisive?

I do have a good feeling about the home game, Ramat Gan will be intimidating even for the Greeks. And Greece has its strength in its organisation and defense, the instant they are a goal behind they will be in a very tough position and if any team has offensive strength in this group to break the Greek organisation it is Israel! I do fear the away game in Athens could become a difficult one, but a 4 out of 6 would be a good result IMO. Beating them at home and grabbing at least one point in Athens would be a success.

PS I fear slightly for the players and travelling fans safety in the away game. It is known that security measurements in Greece are not always very tight, and the recent political events are not exactly making it any safer. Those with bad intentions have their dreamt-of excuse to get violent. I hope my worries are proven wrong but I would not feel at ease as much as if this were the away game in Estonia or Moldova for example.
post #3 of 59 (permalink) Old March 4th, 2009, 03:09
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
Why March 24?!?!
I thought it was March 30th and then April 1st!??!?

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!

post #4 of 59 (permalink) Old March 4th, 2009, 03:12
Legend

To say the least this game is heavy for both sides...

I cant give a prediction. Both teams in this qualifications proved to be strong and proved to be disatorous. Israel's tie vs. Switzerland made us lose a bit of ourselves and the game vs. Luxemborg was a sham!!!

Both teams have not seen each others side since 1991 and alot changed over the time. Greece managed to make it to the World Cup 1994 and win the Euro 2004 and Israel still didnt go anywhere except to the Euro 2000 playoff and improve gradually.
Both teams are in the mid-end of their season and the players are more than fit...they have alot of threats and we should deal with them...
Key for us is to win big in Ramat Gan and then try for a tie....
Ramat Gan is a make or break for us.
Its also a big or bust in Athens if we win or even tie at home and then we tie or lose in Athens, it will make no sense and then again we see ourselves fighting for 2nd like always...

Collutti, Ben Shushan and Benayoun are key players for our success.
Dudu Awatt should be fit and ready to load...

G-d bless our team, seriously...
im going to synagogue before the game to bless them...i hope you guys will too

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #5 of 59 (permalink) Old March 8th, 2009, 03:23 Thread Starter
Premier Player

So Im pretty sure, that Kashtan is a horrible coach, after watching the luxembourg game on the IFA's website, even in that game we had at least 4 players sitting behind the ball, I guarantee you that if he deploys his two defensive midfielders we wont win either game against greece, we need bruchyan as our attacking central mid. I hate Kashtan he'll cost us this campaign.
post #6 of 59 (permalink) Old March 13th, 2009, 11:43
International

Guys, I met a Greek expat in the pub this week (very friendly guy, even told me where I can find a cafe broadcasting the big games on big screen!) and he told me the game in Greece won't be in Athens but in Crete. They apparently moved it to the island because in Athens people "lost a bit of interest in the Greek NT" (is what the guy said) while in Crete people would be very enthousiast now that the team would finally head to the island.

Can anyone confirm this, that it isn't in Athens but in Crete?
post #7 of 59 (permalink) Old March 13th, 2009, 17:26 Thread Starter
Premier Player

I dont know, but um I got the date wrong, the game is actually on the
28th of March in Israel.
post #8 of 59 (permalink) Old March 15th, 2009, 18:25
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Time is coming for the big matches against Greece. We could already feel the media beggining to bring the news about the issue and even the players are already focused. Benayoun and Alberman both saying publicly that their injuries aren´t serious and that they will be fit for the games.

If we take 4 points from these two matches we could say we have one foot in the WC, IMO Greece is the most serious candidate from the group and if we manage a good result against we are in a very good position, not forgetting that later we make three home games against Latvia, Moldova and Luxembourg only to end the campaign at Switzerland. The Swiss will still measure forces with the Greeks later on and still travel for a tough game in Latvia.

Despite my criticism on some callups ans starting lineups, Kashtan is experienced and we will need this to diminuish the anxiety and keep focus. They are a very hard team to beat with an extreme defensive skill, so we will need to convert our chances in goal.

After the two matches Greece will become the country Israel has played the most against in its history. For now we have 16 games against them with 4 victories 4 draws and 8 defeats, scoring 21 and conceding 25. Australia is the country we played the most with 17 matches. While our very well known neighbour Cyprus has played 14 times.
post #9 of 59 (permalink) Old March 15th, 2009, 18:26
Forum Manager
Legend

Already corrected the date. Now we have the correct one, March 28th:smileani:
post #10 of 59 (permalink) Old March 16th, 2009, 13:17
Rising Star

Teams: Liverpool
The only thing im worried about is Gal Alberman not being match ready. He's really the only midfielder we have that can hold up the ball with quality. We dont have any other DM's that can match him right now.

Other than that, im sure Benayoun will be close to 100%. Barda is healthy again and Colautti is getting minutes almost every game now for BMG, albeit 15-20 minutes a game, but its still match time against quality opponents.
post #11 of 59 (permalink) Old March 16th, 2009, 17:00 Thread Starter
Premier Player

I disagree about Colautti, he should probably be called up but I dont think he should start, he didnt play this weekend, he needs to go back to a smaller club where he'll get more playing time. Colautti played awful against Hungary, I can't see how Kashtan plays him against greece, considering Sahar and Barda are faster and get to start every game.
post #12 of 59 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2009, 00:31
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior View Post
The only thing im worried about is Gal Alberman not being match ready. He's really the only midfielder we have that can hold up the ball with quality. We dont have any other DM's that can match him right now.

Other than that, im sure Benayoun will be close to 100%. Barda is healthy again and Colautti is getting minutes almost every game now for BMG, albeit 15-20 minutes a game, but its still match time against quality opponents.
Definitely, Alberman is a key figure in our NT. He can keep the possesion with quality as you say, has good long range shot and good defensive skills. I still think we should field Baruchyan and Alberman together which would be key for ball possesion and quality, but honestly i don´t see Kashtan going for that option. He will probably field, Ohayon or Kiyal instead which IMO will be a mistake because we won´t have a lot of creativity and all the plays will be focused on Benayoun which surely the Greeks will mark him hard. Kashtan will most probably field Toama on the left side which IMO he should start with Buzaglo.
Upfront Kashtan will most probably start with Golan and Barda. I would go with Barda and Sahar.
Itzhaki should be in the squad at least, at Beitar he is regaining his best form again, and should add.

We must make a different approach for this game. We need to win, so we need to keep more possesion and add quality, Baruchyan, Buzaglo and Sahar will add a lot of it. If the game was in Athens maybe i would understand a more cautious formation.

So this is pretty much what Kashtan would field:

Aouate; Saban, Ben Haim, Keinan (Strul), Ben Dayan; Ohayon (Kiyal or Tamir Cohen) Alberman, Benayoun, Toama, Golan and Barda.

My team:
Aouate; Saban, Ben Haim, Strul (Keinan.honestly i am in doubt in who i would field), Ben Dayan; Alberman, Baruchyan, Benayoun, Buzaglo, Barda and Sahar.

What do you guys think??

Do you still think Yaniv Katan has a a place on the team?
post #13 of 59 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2009, 04:53
Rising Star

Teams: Liverpool
Quote:
Originally Posted by berko View Post
What do you guys think??

Do you still think Yaniv Katan has a a place on the team?
Yaniv Katan should never be called up again. When I think of players that should be in the NT, I think of passion and heart, and when it comes to the NT, Katan doesnt have it.

Against Greece, like you said, we NEED to keep possession. 4 attacking players (Barda, Sahar, Shechter and Benayoun) and 2 midfielders (Alberman, Baruchiyan)

I feel that Alberman, with Baruchiyan playing in front of him, they can really control the midfield and then play it out wide for Benayoun or Shechter. If they dont make too many forward runs, i think we can really keep most of the possession in their side of the field.

But, we're not Kashtan. I have a bad feeling he will start kiyal, and i just DONT KNOW WHY he keeps going to him!!!!!

my lineup:

Awat, Saban, Ben-Haim, Keinan, Ben-Dayan, Alberman, Baruchiyan, Benayoun, Shechter (Buzaglo), Barda, Sahar (Golan)

Subs:

Buzaglo
Golan
Toama
Itzhaki
Strul
Ziv
Colautti
post #14 of 59 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2009, 16:32 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Kashtan has gone senile, Bruchyan is clearly a better player than Kiyal.
post #15 of 59 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2009, 04:45
Forum Manager
Legend

Gentlemen....Kashtan has called the team. And i must say, many surprises, some of them good ones, but i guess most of us will get insane and if Israel doesn´t beat Greece, Kashtan will be considered the lone guilty.

Full Squad:

Keepers:

Dudu Aouate (Mallorca)
Nir Davidovich (Maccabi Haifa)
Liran Strauber (Maccabi Netnaya)

Defenders and sidebacks:

Klemi Saban (Maccabi Netanya)
Tal Ben Haim (Sunderland)
Avi Strul (Lokeren)
Dekel Keinan (Maccabi Haifa)
Dedi Ben Dayan (Maccabi Netanya)
Din Mori (Bnei Yehuda)
Yoav Ziv (Lokeren)
Eyal Meshumar (Maccabi Haifa)

Midfielders:

Gal Alberman (Borussia Monchengladbach)
Tamir Cohen (Bolton)
Aviram Baruchyan (Beitar Jerusalem)
Biram Kiyal (Maccabi Haifa)
Ravid Gazal (Maccabi Netanya)
Gili Vermouth (Hapoel Tel Aviv)
Yossi Benayoun (Liverpool)

Forwards:

Elyaniv Barda (Genk)
Omer Golan (Lokeren)
Barak Itzhaki (Beitar Jerusalem)
Amit Ben Shushan (Beitar Jerusalem)
Ben Sahar (De Graafschap)
Itay Shechter (Maccabi Netanya)

Surprise call ups, Din Mor, Ravid Gazal and Gili Vermouth. All of them are having good season with their respective clubs, but is it wise to call up players who haven´t played a single game in the qualifiers in our most important clash?

Suprise left outs: Maor Buzaglo and Salim Toama, both players were left out by Kashtan and we were imagining one of them starting.

Media favourites: Balili, Katan and Benado. All of them were wanted in the squad by the media in general. Katan maybe i could agree with Lior, of the passion issue. Balili misses too much chances and our attack is weel served.I think Benado should have been called. For his experience and leadership and he is in good form. He would contribute a lot with the NT.

Collauti should have been called IMO. Maybe he is not on his best, but he from our strikers he is the best one in aerial game in which the Greeks are dominant and has good vision.

The inclusion of Itzhaki was a good call, he is playing very well in Beitar.

But honestly my friends, overall i am not really confident about this call up.

Thoughts??
post #16 of 59 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2009, 23:02
Rookie

How could he not call Buzaglo? Regardless of Maccabi Tel-Aviv being awful, he has more quality than any player in Israel outside of Benayoun. Kashtan is a fool.
post #17 of 59 (permalink) Old March 19th, 2009, 17:57 Thread Starter
Premier Player

they should have never rehired him, the way Israeli football is run is a reflection of the rest of the society in Israel, run by a corrupt elite that refuses to let go its hold on power regardless of how competent they are.:frustrat:
post #18 of 59 (permalink) Old March 19th, 2009, 20:23
Legend

Buzaglo is is a big suprise for not bieng called up.

By also...Colluti? Isnt he fit already?

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #19 of 59 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2009, 11:52
Rising Star

Teams: ISRAEL NT & Maccabi Haifa & Beitar Jerusalem!
Kashtan?! He is a joker lol. He should add Toto Tammuz, Maor Buzaglo, Arik Bernado and Roberto Colautti to the team as well!!!

Israel MUST MUST MUST beat the Greeks!!!

Israel #1
post #20 of 59 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2009, 19:47
Forum Manager
Legend

So from what Kashtan has called up, my team would be:

Aouate, Saban, Ben Haim, Strul (Keinan), Ben Dayan; Alberman, Baruchyan, Benayoun, Itzhaki, Barda, Sahar.

Maybe too offensive and with no real protection in midfield, but the intention is to pressure the Greeks with speed and movement and the players in this starting lineup have good ball posession and are fast.
Sahar should play he is our best finisher.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in