National team colours (light or royal blue) - Xtratime Community
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2008, 19:37 Thread Starter
Premier Player
 
Gibraldo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2008
Location: Germany
Teams: Serbia, Uruguay, Ivory Coast, Trinidad / Tobago
Posts: 1,030
National team colours (light or royal blue)

Hi,

i was wondering why Israel always wore some nice lightblue shirts in the 90es and now have a royal blue, that looks pretty similar to 100s of other countries.

When did they swap it and why?

Without Responsibility, it is difficult to exist.
Gibraldo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2008, 20:21
Legend
 
Kappa21's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
Posts: 11,734
hmmmmmmm i think the new adidas design changed it....

noramlly there isnt a specific color Israels blue is in. It can be dark light blue or typical blue...

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
Kappa21 is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2008, 23:39
Forum Manager
Legend
 
berko's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Posts: 12,771
Indeed the shirt in the 90´s was very pretty especially the ones used in the campaign of the 98 WC and the following one in the historical 5-0 win over Austria.
berko is offline  
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old November 18th, 2008, 02:13
Legend
 
Kappa21's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
Posts: 11,734
The 5-0 win vs. Austria had a pretty good Puma logo. I actually got.
Then ISrael went to this polo shirt style Puma which was ugly.. Which i actually have...
It used that until like 2003 when it got the updated ones and all threw 2003-2007 we have been using Puma, but just got rebranded..

Puma did a really good job to advance themselves after being linked with Diadora and..... Kappa most of its life

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
Kappa21 is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old November 18th, 2008, 03:15
Forum Manager
Legend
 
berko's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Posts: 12,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa21 View Post
The 5-0 win vs. Austria had a pretty good Puma logo. I actually got.
Then ISrael went to this polo shirt style Puma which was ugly.. Which i actually have...
It used that until like 2003 when it got the updated ones and all threw 2003-2007 we have been using Puma, but just got rebranded..

Puma did a really good job to advance themselves after being linked with Diadora and..... Kappa most of its life
Yeah i also got that one from the Austria game, a very nice shirt.
berko is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2008, 03:16
International
 
Join Date: 10 2007
Posts: 5,697
I always loved skyblue like Coventry for example uses, or even the marine blue like the San Marino national team.

In national teams though I think it would make sense to use national colours over esthaetics. The same blue as the Star of David in the flag would make perfect sense.

But it is not that important I'd say, the variation of blue is very likely decided by the clothing sponsor and the sponsorship deal and the money going to the IFA is probably the priority in such issues.
Crackedpleasures is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2008, 03:46
Forum Manager
Legend
 
berko's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Posts: 12,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackedpleasures View Post
I always loved skyblue like Coventry for example uses, or even the marine blue like the San Marino national team.

In national teams though I think it would make sense to use national colours over esthaetics. The same blue as the Star of David in the flag would make perfect sense.

But it is not that important I'd say, the variation of blue is very likely decided by the clothing sponsor and the sponsorship deal and the money going to the IFA is probably the priority in such issues.

The light blue Israel used to use in mid 90's was a bit darker than Coventry or Manchester City kits.

But i agree, national colours should prevail in the NT uniforms.
berko is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old November 20th, 2008, 11:35
International
 
Join Date: 10 2007
Posts: 5,697
I like the blue of San Marino a lot. I know the team is crap but the one nice thing about them are those jerseys. They have a very special version of blue, I like it a lot. But for Israel I would say a darker blue should be used, like the Star of David on the flag. Not too dark, but also not light like sky blue. I also prefer the blue kits with white stripes rather than the white shirts with blue lines, but I guess this all comes down to the shirt sponsors wishes?
Crackedpleasures is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old November 20th, 2008, 15:40
Forum Manager
Legend
 
berko's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Posts: 12,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackedpleasures View Post
I like the blue of San Marino a lot. I know the team is crap but the one nice thing about them are those jerseys. They have a very special version of blue, I like it a lot. But for Israel I would say a darker blue should be used, like the Star of David on the flag. Not too dark, but also not light like sky blue. I also prefer the blue kits with white stripes rather than the white shirts with blue lines, but I guess this all comes down to the shirt sponsors wishes?
Agree, mid-term blue would be the ideal. And officialy the blue shirt with white details are the number one uniform for the NT, but Israel has played a lot with the white jersey since the 2004 Euro qualifier.
In Grants time, he had some supersticion and most of the games he used the second kit including in home games.
berko is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome