A funny story regarding NT Jersey - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2008, 18:54 Thread Starter
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
A funny story regarding NT Jersey

So i went to an Adidas store, 3 floors in Downtown Toronto, Canada in search of an Israeli NT jersey....

Came in and found a wide variety of shirts from alot of teams...MLS teams, Liverpool, Newcastle, Benefica, Romania, Cameron, Greece, Spain, and ooo yea.......... Latvia but no Israel :rollani:

Makes you wonder how far 16 place in FIFA takes us.... :thmbdown:

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2008, 20:20
International

I saw Israeli jerseys for sale in Dublin two years ago, before Israel was getting its high FIFA ranking. Ironically the same shop sold Saudi NT jerseys as well
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old October 31st, 2008, 22:41
Rookie

i went to the adidas store in ramat aviv and found lots of israel nt!

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2008, 21:21 Thread Starter
Legend

I dont live in Ramat Aviv...
i live in Ramat Ha'Canadi

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2008, 01:52
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Well, in that time in Dublin Israel had just played Ireland for the qualifiers and the team was well known over there.
But strange that they don't have the jersey and even now where Israel just began with them. They should understand the jews are good buyers aswell and they would sell a lot of jerseys.
Well, anyways.....guess Galos will have to send you some from Ramat Aviv
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2008, 05:50
Premier Player

Teams: Maccabi Tel Aviv
well latvia's shirt haves a better desing than ours so....maybe thats a reason, we got that cheap desing that all crappy teams sponsored by adidas have...:rollani:
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2008, 11:24
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by berko View Post
Well, in that time in Dublin Israel had just played Ireland for the qualifiers and the team was well known over there.
But strange that they don't have the jersey and even now where Israel just began with them. They should understand the jews are good buyers aswell and they would sell a lot of jerseys.
Well, anyways.....guess Galos will have to send you some from Ramat Aviv
But not all jews will support Israel, very likely someone growing up in Canada will support a local side in basketball or ice hockey, regardless of his ethnicity. I mean, I can imagine the shirt of ANY team (except for world famous ones like Liverpool, Real Madrid etc) is harder to find in North America than elsewhere, simply because soccer/football is not the main sport. I bet a lot of stores in Canada won't even have the Canadian NT jersey. Canadians are very much into ice hockey while soccer is still a minority sport.

I would say: buy your merch directly from the IFA, that way you are also sure that your money ends up in the pocket of the Israeli FA I am not sure of shipping costs but those few bucks extra won't hurt I'd say.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2008, 14:06 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackedpleasures View Post
But not all jews will support Israel, very likely someone growing up in Canada will support a local side in basketball or ice hockey, regardless of his ethnicity. I mean, I can imagine the shirt of ANY team (except for world famous ones like Liverpool, Real Madrid etc) is harder to find in North America than elsewhere, simply because soccer/football is not the main sport. I bet a lot of stores in Canada won't even have the Canadian NT jersey. Canadians are very much into ice hockey while soccer is still a minority sport.
True!
A long time ago, it was easier to find Brazil NT or England NT jersey than Canada NT Jersey.
No one even knew they were playing. Infact, they said that Curling Sport got more attention than Soccer in Canada....

Now-a-days, it improved, since we got Major Leauge Soccer. But Toronto is a fad town. What comes in one week, goes out the other. Its hard to make a name here. You gotta fight nails and screws to maje an image....
The team that Toronto has sells out games. I paid close to 70 bucks for 2 seats. Sitting out in the cold rain, eating 10 dollar pizzas to watch amatures play....all on the basis that the leauge is suppose to get better and Sir Beckham plays on it......

Quote:
I would say: buy your merch directly from the IFA, that way you are also sure that your money ends up in the pocket of the Israeli FA I am not sure of shipping costs but those few bucks extra won't hurt I'd say.
Since when did IFA sold jerseys? :?
I would like to see one sight for all Israel soccer jerseys. I know some are around like pongo, but your not sure if its real or not and ur team might not be featured.

Hapoel K. Shmona had a nice design a few years ago with Izuzu Sumona

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2008, 14:06
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:

True, not all jews will support the Israeli NT, but the majority will. Maybe in Canada like you said football is not so supported and jerseys of teams like Israel wouldn't sell. But if Latvia has put a T-shirt there so would Israel. In other countries where football is more popular and there is a considerable jewish community they would sell. For example in Brazil i found an Israeli NT kit when they were still with Puma.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2008, 17:50
International

Does anyone know where I could buy an Israel scarf?

I don't care about jerseys that much since I only wear black clothing (not many teams I could wear a jersey from) and since football jerseys are banned from many public places here, but I would fancy an Israel scarf for my collection of football scarves.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old November 4th, 2008, 10:16
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Does anyone know where I could buy an Israel scarf?

I don't care about jerseys that much since I only wear black clothing (not many teams I could wear a jersey from) and since football jerseys are banned from many public places here, but I would fancy an Israel scarf for my collection of football scarves.
Israel scarfs only in Israel guess.....BTW, Bnei Yehuda´s second uniform is black you have one more option:smileani:
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old November 4th, 2008, 14:57
Premier Player

Teams: Maccabi Tel Aviv
Bnei Yehuda always have sweet uniforms, its the only thing i envy about them..!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in