Xtratime Community banner

New FIFA Ranking: Israel is #16

3K views 74 replies 14 participants last post by  berko 
#1 ·
Should we feel satisfied with it, or simply amused...? :)

1 Spain 1643 0 78
2 Italy 1365 0 26
3 Germany 1336 0 7
4 Brazil 1280 2 28
5 Netherlands 1258 -1 -37
6 Croatia 1223 -1 -43
7 Argentina 1200 0 -30
8 Czech Republic 1111 0 -23
9 Russia 1076 3 63
10 Portugal 1075 -1 -45
11 France 1035 0 16
12 Cameroon 1027 2 28
13 Turkey 1023 -3 -10
14 England 982 1 -9
15 Bulgaria 968 1 -8
16 Israel 957 3 83
17 Greece 945 1 24
18 Romania 927 -5 -80
19 Ukraine 892 7 93
20 Uruguay 887 2 70
21 Egypt 864 0 23
22 Paraguay 863 3 62
23 USA 861 5 73
24 Ghana 844 -4 -20
25 Mexico 841 -1 34
26 Scotland 820 -10 -156
27 Nigeria 818 0 27
28 Sweden 791 3 18
29 Côte d'Ivoire 776 -6 -38
30 Denmark 764 6 68

We're ahead of teams like Scotland, Denmark and Uruguay and only two places behind England. Even Greece who is the top team in our group is beneath us. I guess FIFA really likes us after all.

See less See more
#2 ·
Well, its interesting indeed.

But think about it. Over the past 4-5 years, Israel has played some very good football. Take their record and compare it with other european teams over the past 5 years and im sure it will be one of the better ones.

With the upcoming qualifiers im sure Israel can jump to top 15.

#6 ·
And then lets talk about Turkey, Kazhakstan, Armenia, Azerbijian and the rest of the clowns on why they are not being played in Asia and not in Europe.

We got kicked out of AFC - something we created by Zealous & Ignorant FA who brough corrupted football with corrupted politics...
Fine, kick us out :)
But luckily our football got more competitive... :hopeful:

#7 ·
Wow! Were better than Greece. Who would have thought?
I personally dont feel Czech Republic did anything good to be in their position..
Croatia is dwindling and so are a few others..

but hey - Greece should take a hard look at us come March/April :crazy:

#11 ·
The FIFA ranking is not to be taken seriously as long as friendlies are counting. They should do it like in tennis, where only games in an official tournament or qualifiers count. Friendlies should not count, it is easy to climb in the ranking if you quickly organise some friendlies against for example Malta, Guam and India...

But... Israel deserves its place, because it is not like the team climbed that high because of some weak opposition in friendly games or luck with the draws in the qualifiers. In recent years there were opponents like Ireland, Switzerland, Croatia, England, Russia, ... and still Israel managed to hardly lose any points at home, and to grab some unexpected points away from home. So in case of Israel, the ranking is well deserved. But it means not that much, it is just encouraging though and may give the moral a boost with the next games in front of us.

#23 ·
The FIFA ranking is not to be taken seriously as long as friendlies are counting. They should do it like in tennis, where only games in an official tournament or qualifiers count. Friendlies should not count, it is easy to climb in the ranking if you quickly organise some friendlies against for example Malta, Guam and India...
Not true. Friendlies against weak nations will bring your ranking down. It's actually the other way around - if you don't play friendlies, you'll go up - especially if you're a higher ranked team. But teams do have to play friendlies - to test tactics, players etc.

Look at Cameroon - 12th in the October rankings. They have played a total of 7 (seven!) friendlies in the last 48 months.

#14 · (Edited)
1) what is occupating? A bit of proper English would be nice.

2) weither Israel is occuPYING the West Bank and Gaza or if it isnt an occupation, is something I am sure we all have an opinion about, but we also know this forum is not really politics friendly and that we better discuss such issues in a different place.

3) I do not see what the Israel football team has to do with politics anyway. Is any of the players shooting messiles on Gaza? Is any of the players serving israeli troops in the West Bank??
Politics are politics, sports are sports. The Israel football team has NOTHING to do with the political situation in Palestine or Israel, so I think for that reason alone your post is not really needed in this topic. Other than that, I am sure we can discuss this topic in a forum which is allowing politics, however from your comments and the style you are using, I doubt if we would be having any mature or serious conversation.

EDIT: Just saw your signature is now an anti-Israel statement as well. This basically means any mature conversation about the subject is pointless because you are not even willing to talk in a mature way, rather opting for some slogans.
The israel-Palestine conflict is a complex one and there are always two sides of the story. You seem to not want to hear both sides of the story and prefer to use some random slogans instead of having a mature conversation. In that case I think it is pointless to pay attention to your posts anyway.

And one more attempt to educate the ignorant: UEFA does not have a rule that a country must be geographically European to be a UEFA member. Otherwise Cyprus would not be in UEFA, while Azerbaijan and Armenia are borderline cases. FIFA rules say you can apply to any confederation and when they accept you, you are a member. Australia, Guam, Surinam, Guyana also do not play in their own continent's confederation by the way. But you seem to have no issues with any of those, only with the "evil Israel" which by the way was FORCED to leave Asian football because some other countries refused to play games against Israel. Read up before you make silly statements.

#18 ·
Linderoth, in case you did not read the rules of this site let make them clear for you: Political debates are not allowed, in fact we used to have a political forum on this site and it completely ruined the good atmosphere of the place as you can see politics do not belong in here. So I will be asking you to do 2 things: Please erase your political statement and remove your signature. Of course I do have the ability to delete your posts lock this thread etc but I don't believe in this as a solution, I'm not here to ruin people's experience and I am not going to report you to the admins, I'm giving you the benefit of doubt so you can solve the problem before the admins do and then it might become a ban or another punishment I don't know. So for your own sake I recommend you to get rid of that siggy, and any other political post in the future on the entire xtratime space. :)

(See, Israeli people aren't that bad after all :D)

#19 ·
linderoth thanks for the kind words...fact is, Israel plays in europe and your going to have to accept since your not in charge. i am new here and i signedup because this is a footy forum not a politics one. Aside from this, israel is 16th! don't know if FIFA is just having a laugh but who cares, its another plus to this very negative year where no israeli club preformed too well in UEFA competitions

#20 ·
F*cking hell. We can sit here and argue that Israel doesnt "deserve" 16th all we want. OR, you can follow this link http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/fifafacts/rawrank/ip-590_10e_wrpointcalculation_8771.pdf and read up about FIFA's ranking system yourself and maybe (if your parents arent brother and sister) you might understand it all.

Does Israel deserve 16th? F*cking hell if I know. But they are, which means they are doing something right.

So run along to FIFA's website and do some reading. Their still might be time to save your ignorance.

#22 ·
I come back from High Holidays and now we have an argument??

Seriously - linderorth, stop being a shit disturber..

You either Jealous of Israel or Israel's soccer or anything to do with Israel, because u spend so much time on it.
I envy you, infact. I Envy you cause you take more time than i have in acknowledging and learning so much about Israel, more than I....so you should be respected for that :D

I dont know what your comrades and anyone who puts junk in your head for ideals may want to think about that..
but i salute you, son

#24 ·
Ignore the guy.

To make such statements in the part of the forum where us, Israel fans, are coming to talk... his intentions are simply: provocation. Lets not feed the troll.

And anyway, I am all for political debates, I am a political person. But apart from respecting we can do it not here on this forum, the fact is that political debate requires two people who defend their believes with structured arguments in a mature way. If someone starts shouting nothing but silly slogans and includes such a provocating signature, then clearly we cannot expect a mature debate on the subject. But anyway, this forum is not about politics anyway, so lets ignore him and let the admins do our work. We are here to talk about the Israeli football and to support Israel, not to discuss the Israeli-Palestine conflict. I am happy to give my opinion on a forum where it is allowed, but not when the other people talk with only some silly slogans, in that case a mature conversation wont happen and there is no point in debating then.

#26 ·
Also as useless and illogical this ranking might be remember this is part of the reason we were seeded for this draw hence why we got such a relatively easy group ... :)

#27 ·
So would we expect 2012 draw to be any easier?

#28 ·
Don't know if it will make it easier, but definitely it could avoid of making it tougher. Actually this Fifa ranking is only one criteria for the pot draw. Last campaigns are also counted and the undefeated period with Grant and the good work from the last one definitely contributed for us being in Pot 2.

Not sure if for the euro qualifiers the Fifa rankings count something?

#31 ·
Wow, that would be great. While everyone outside of Israel gives us a lot of value, we are criticizing our coach and players for not playing well:D

That is what i mentioned in the other thread, we are sometimes too harsh on critics on our players we think we are Italy or Brazil.:D

#33 ·
Belongs to it, but does it play like an upper 20 team?

#35 ·
Id only fire Kashtan to get back Grant.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.