Prize and Stadium - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old February 7th, 2008, 16:51 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Prize and Stadium

Well, this issue comes after every campaign, but now more then ever with Israel getting stronger and having a passable group for the WC qualifiers, some players in the NT have spoken with the IFA and was released in the media of the players receiving money for every win and also a bonus if they qualify for the World Cup.
There have been divergent opinions about the issue, but Avi Luzon was a bit reluctant and didn't speak much about it.
On my personal opinion i believe the players should only get payed if they qualify because it is a honour to play for your country and not another "job".

Another note, some players also complained about the amount of fans that attended the match at Ramat Gan stadium. Only 6,300 fans came up and in a big stadium as Ramat Gan it gives the impression you have nobody watching you. Some suggested to move games to Bloomfield or Teddy. IFA has the intention to keep the game to Ramat Gan through all campaign.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old February 7th, 2008, 17:25
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
Quote:
Originally Posted by berko
Well, this issue comes after every campaign, but now more then ever with Israel getting stronger and having a passable group for the WC qualifiers, some players in the NT have spoken with the IFA and was released in the media of the players receiving money for every win and also a bonus if they qualify for the World Cup.
There have been divergent opinions about the issue, but Avi Luzon was a bit reluctant and didn't speak much about it.
On my personal opinion i believe the players should only get payed if they qualify because it is a honour to play for your country and not another "job".
Our best campaign since reaching UEFA was in the Grant Era. It was something like 65% wins. This was similar to our standings in the 1960's and 70's. Ironically, when Israel made it to Asia Cups, Olympics and finally....World Cups.

Should they be rewarded..
I say yes! But you cant reward them on a per game basis. You must reaward them if they make it. Similarly like in the Grant days where players will get a bonus if they make the playoffs and what not. I think its an intresting idea and would get people to actually make it to the game and not risk it and opt out.

Quote:
Another note, some players also complained about the amount of fans that attended the match at Ramat Gan stadium. Only 6,300 fans came up and in a big stadium as Ramat Gan it gives the impression you have nobody watching you. Some suggested to move games to Bloomfield or Teddy. IFA has the intention to keep the game to Ramat Gan through all campaign.
Well, if outragous ticket prices and the bore of having a 2 hour game in the middle of the week, i can see why many fans are reservant.

If only the IFA cut the prices of tickets, made some corproate/group events. Allowed the soliders and elderly to get in and made 10,000-15,000 hats or shirts or Israeli bobbleheads to be given out as a limited edition...which i remind you would cost less than 5-10 NIS per item...than yea...many more fans would come.

Im also suspicious abput playing in Ramat Gan. Its a great stadium, none the less, but it may be too big for games that are not needed. Moreover, its central and fans from all around the country, on a work day/school day must come to Ramat Gan to watch the game...which is a bit hard.

Personally, i liked the old days when you have a friendly and the IFA sets it up in different locations.

I remember in 1991, Ashkelon stadium, which is 10,000 seater hosted the USSR. Haifa hosted a few games and ofcourse Jerusalem....

We should start having games in different places other than Gush Dan area

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old February 7th, 2008, 17:27
Rising Star

Teams: Liverpool
I dont think friendlies should be played at Ramat-Gan, its too big. Unless its a friendly against Brazil, Argentina, England, etc.
Have the friendlies against smaller teams at Bloomfield or even the new Netanya stadium when its finished.
Even in the qualifiers, 40,000 wont show up to see Luxembourg, Moldova or Latvia. So move those games to Bloomfield.
I remember when Israel played in Russia, they had the game at a smaller stadium knowing that Luhzniky (sp?) Stadium wont fill up to see them play Israel at the begining of the campaign.
IMO, Bloomfield is a nice stadium, has this cozy feel to it. The seats are close to the field as well.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old February 7th, 2008, 18:22 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

To a hot atmosphere, the games should be at Teddy or Bloomfield, but in big games more than 20,000 people will attend.
IFA said they don't arrange friendly matches in small cities because there is low public. One day they made a friendly in Ashkelon and only 1,000 people came. In Beit Shean it didn't pass 4,000.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2008, 06:06
Legend

Maybe we should wait and have the stadiums built that are going to take place in Netanya, Beer Sheva and Petach Tikva.

Truthfully, we are a small nation.
And as much as we love soccer, we only love it when there is a big game...like everyone else....but to a smaller extent...

I think we need a smaller more compact stadium...
These huge stadiums are hard to see, dangerous - both security and infrastructure wise - and just a mess...

First come, first serve!

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2008, 13:21
Rising Star

As much as Israelis love soccer, the stadiums are never really at even HALF capacity for the league games, unless of course its Beitar vs Haifa or The Tel-Aviv derby.
On the other side, Basketball games are usually full, although the arena's are much smaller, and its impossible to get Maccabi Tel-Aviv basketball tickets.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2008, 17:01
Legend

The Basketball Arenas range from 15,000 capacity, to somewhere in 7,500 for say Jerusalem and then most other mediocre places have stadiums that are similar to high school stadiums and seat no more than 1,500 to a 1,000 people......

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2008, 18:11 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Malha has capacity for no more than 5,000 people if i'm not mistaken. Yad Eliyahu is the only decent arena in terms of capacity in terms of crowd.
I remember when Hapoel Jerusalem won the ULEB cup teo or three years ago, they were supposed to play in the Euroleague, but didn't have enough money to do so and also couldn't host at Malha. After that came Gaidamak to help the team financially.

Today they have a decent team to play at the Euroleague.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2008, 02:32
Legend

Regardless, European Basketball is played in midget arenas..especially 2nd divisions in places like Greece and Holland

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old February 10th, 2008, 00:05
International

The qualifiers should be at Ramat Gan. The first home games will easily sell out (Switzerland and Greece) and when the crap teams come to Israel it is the final stages of the qualifiers and the chance of qualifying will stir up excitement enough that many people will want to see the games even if the opponent is named Luxembourg. I think the qualifiers rightfully get hosted at Ramat Gan. Friendly games is a different thing, and could be used to promote the national team throughout the country (Haifa, Jerusalem, ...)
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old February 10th, 2008, 01:23
Legend

Just to also say..

as anyone been to Bloomfield stadium? Or possibly Kiriat Eliezer?

I been to K. Eliezer and Teddy stadiums in the past.
I have been only around the Ramat Gan National Stadium once and with the other 2 smaller stadium, all i can say it, it lacks what i see in the North American stadium markets.

Alot of the time you got many people who neglect it and dont leave it very nice and the showers dressing of the visiting team is not that good.

Overall, you dont get a chance in professionalism, and Ramat Gan was upgraded in many ways to make it seem like a professional place with cushion seats for the officals, wi-fi, conference rooms, public washrooms and what not.....
We dont have that in all places...

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old February 10th, 2008, 03:11
International

Ramat Gan is very open, with no roof, which is considered strange in a lot of European countries. But with Israel's weather it is not that strange or bad really.

Kiriat Eliezer should either be upgraded or replaced by a new stadium in Haifa in the near future. Maccabi Haifa has plans for a new stadium which should be realised in less then a few seasons' time. There were even talks to make it a 25000 - 30000 capacity stadium. Would be ideal to host some games against less famous opposition for the NT, although the one downside is that people from the south of the country would be awaiting a long travel. In that respect Tel Aviv/Ramat Gan is ideally located, and even the new Haifa stadium will still be 10000-15000 lower capacity than Ramat Gan.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old February 10th, 2008, 12:51 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

I have been to Teddy and Bloomfield, while my brother to Ramat Gan. To the qualifiers and against big teams maybe Ramat Gan us the best since it is bigger and certainly there will be a sell out crowd like crackedpleasures said. The smaller games, maybe at Bloomfield or Teddy. But imagine if you host Greece or Switzerland at these two stadiums, the atmosphere that would be created? They would feel much more pressure.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old February 10th, 2008, 18:39
Legend

In some cases, i do agree..
why do we need a big stadium for?

I would rather be with a stadium that boosts alot of innovation and amazing atmosphere than be stuck in the middle of a huge stadium...

Maybe we should go for more compact type stadiums in the futures,seeing that our population is not as high to have stadiums of 50,000+ in this country...

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old February 11th, 2008, 13:25
Rising Star

From what ive seen on TV during the big matches, Ramat Gan has a pretty crazy atmosphere. I was only there for a friendly against Denmark 2 years ago, but I can see how crazy the atmosphere can get.

Teddy looks like it has a crazy atmosphere as well. To bad there lighting system doesnt work.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old February 11th, 2008, 16:53
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior
From what ive seen on TV during the big matches, Ramat Gan has a pretty crazy atmosphere. I was only there for a friendly against Denmark 2 years ago, but I can see how crazy the atmosphere can get.

Teddy looks like it has a crazy atmosphere as well. To bad there lighting system doesnt work.

Are you quick to forget the incident in Rosenberg in Ramat Gan stadium, 2004?

INfact, it was a funny incident...
Haifa was leading and the delay gave Xtratime to Rosenberg who tied and then won the game...i thinl

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old February 11th, 2008, 17:02
International

Rosenborg

I am a RBK fan, and maybe my memory is blurred (it was several years ago) but I believe the game was played in Bloomfield?
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old February 11th, 2008, 19:08 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackedpleasures
Rosenborg

I am a RBK fan, and maybe my memory is blurred (it was several years ago) but I believe the game was played in Bloomfield?
The game was played at Ramat Gan, howe could we forget that blackout while Haifa was better and winning the game, only to concede towards the end.
Haifa played at Bloomfield in the last Uefa Cup campaign.
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old February 11th, 2008, 20:59
International

Ah right... My memory got a bit blurred there. So many Rosenborg victories to remember But since that game a few Haifa fans kept in touch on the Rosenborg forum so I got a bit of a soft spot for Maccabi Haifa. Without saying I am a real fan or so, I would consider them my favourite Israeli club. Apart from Bnei Eilat, but that is basically because I like that town so much
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old February 12th, 2008, 01:11 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackedpleasures
Ah right... My memory got a bit blurred there. So many Rosenborg victories to remember But since that game a few Haifa fans kept in touch on the Rosenborg forum so I got a bit of a soft spot for Maccabi Haifa. Without saying I am a real fan or so, I would consider them my favourite Israeli club. Apart from Bnei Eilat, but that is basically because I like that town so much
There is still time for you to make the right choice and choose Maccabi Tel Aviv :smileani:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in