Israel 2 - 1 Northern Ireland (U21) - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2008, 18:24 Thread Starter
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
Israel 2 - 1 Northern Ireland (U21)

The U21 playes a friendly, one of the last for Levy.

They went and competed vs. Northern Ireland, which is a fairly good youth team and won 2-1 in Ramat Gan.

Ben Shahar, our guy in Europe, whom doesnt get minutes regardless in Chelsea or QPR scored a thriller that put Israel 1-0.

We ended up coming back and wining the game 2-1..

Good stuff for our Youth

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old February 7th, 2008, 16:42
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Actually it was a qualifier for some major tournament. It wasn't a simple match because Kashtan wanted to call up Buzaglo and Shpungin for the senior squad , but he released them for this match.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old February 7th, 2008, 17:29 Thread Starter
Legend

odd!

So does that mean we qualify or are going too?!?!?
Give us more detail brazilian!

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2008, 08:52
Rising Star

Teams: M. Tel-Aviv, Israel NT
We still have 3 more games in the campaign:

March 26 - v. Moldova
September 5 - @ Luxembourg
September 9 - @ Germany

This is how our group looks like right now:
Team Pts Pld W D L GF GA GD
N. Ireland 12 7 4 0 3 13 9 +4
Germany 10 4 3 1 0 15 2 +13
Israel 10 5 3 1 1 10 5 +5
Moldova 6 5 2 0 3 3 7 -4
Luxembourg 0 5 0 0 5 1 19 -18
EURO U-21 2009 Qual. Group 9

Each group winner and the top 4 second-placed teams will advanced to the Playoff.

N. Ireland has 1 game left and that's against Germany away. So, assuming they get molested in Germany, we will need only 1 win to secure 2nd place. By the time we get to Germany, we should be at 16 points(assuming we don't lose points to Moldova and Luxembourg). This might be enough to sneak us through, but I highly doubt it. The way it looks at the moment, we will need to get a result in Germany(1 point, possibly all 3). We're capable of winning this game at this age level. By September, Gil Blumstein(Benfica), Lotem Zino(Racing Santander), Guy Asulin(Barcelona), and Eli Zizov(Levski Sofia) should be ready(physically) for this game... :hopeful:

Last edited by Daweed; February 9th, 2008 at 22:56.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2008, 18:00 Thread Starter
Legend

Do the first 2 teams get through?

I think we are possible. Im suprised that N. Ireland made it this far with 12 points. We can surely beat Moldova and hopefully have 3 points with Germany.

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2008, 23:27
Rising Star

N. Ireland has 12 points because they won all 4 games against the weaker teams. They have 1 game left, in Germany. So they're most likely going to stay at 12 points. We've already beaten N. Ireland twice, but we messed up in Moldova losing 1-0. I hope our boys will keep that lose in mind when they host them next month in Tel Aviv. They were fortunate to beat us away, but there's no way they're going to beat us at home.

In regards to advancing to the Playoff, we need to win the group or be 1 of the top 4 second-placed teams. Therefore, we must beat Luxembourg and Moldova. After that, we have the big finale in Germany and we will most likely need to get a result there, at least 1 point. But by the time the last match day comes around, the situation in all the groups will change and we will have a better understanding of where we stand and what is needed from the Germany game... :hopeful: EL EL YISRAEL!!!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old February 10th, 2008, 00:07
International

I live in Germany. Where exactly is the game taking place? I would fancy going to support Israel. Hopefully they do it in Berlin, which has a large jewish community and also happens to be the city I am in... But even if it is in another city, if it is easily served by train I would like to go.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old February 10th, 2008, 01:24 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daweed
N. Ireland has 12 points because they won all 4 games against the weaker teams. They have 1 game left, in Germany. So they're most likely going to stay at 12 points. We've already beaten N. Ireland twice, but we messed up in Moldova losing 1-0. I hope our boys will keep that lose in mind when they host them next month in Tel Aviv. They were fortunate to beat us away, but there's no way they're going to beat us at home.

Ive been telling you!!! Moldova has a good system!
didnt know they won 1-0! I am suprised!

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old February 10th, 2008, 03:08
International

Yeah, but that is their U21 Their A team is... well, crappy would be exagerated, but definitely one of the weaker sides in Europe. Don't let that U21 result trigger your fears. I really don't see Israel's A team struggle to beat Moldova. By the way, if you really think Moldova could surprise the world, why would it be against Israel, why wouldn't Moldova take points from Switzerland or Greece then??
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old February 10th, 2008, 10:31
Rising Star

The mindset between the senior team and the youth teams are usually very different. The senior teams usually have a more realistic approach when playing teams that are better than them, while the youth teams are looking to win every game regardless of who they play.

Moldova is definitely one of the weaker sides in Europe, but they are seeded in Pot 4 surprisingly. That should say something... But to me, it just says that they're the weakest team from Pot 4:smileani: p . They will be our Macedonia for this campaign, but a little weaker. If anything, they should be worrying about us having so many shots on target that their net will fly out of the stadium!!! :dielaugh::dielaugh::dielaugh:

If we get all 18 points from Moldova, Latvia, Luxembourg and beat Greece and Switzerland at home, then we'll be heading to South Africa. The Swiss team looks surprisingly strong on paper. In their latest call-up for the England game, they had only 5 players from the domestic league on the roster. As for Greece, their campaign will depend on whether or not their manager stays in charge. If Otto leaves, then Greece has no chance of qualifying. That's how much of an impact he has on the team.

I'm hoping for the occasional screw-up from either Switzerland or Greece just like England against Macedonia at home. :hopeful:
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old February 10th, 2008, 12:56
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Regarding the U-21 game against Germany, crackedpleasures could organize a major support for Israel over there. Call the jewish community to the game:smileani:

The truth is that we lost valueable points to Moldova like Daweed said and also we were leadiing Germany at home, but conceded a late goal to end in 2-2 draw.

Kappa, you have your point about Moldova, but like Daweed and crackedplesures say, there is a gap between senior team and U-21, definitely Israel is MUCH better than Moldova. They are not crap of course and we should play seriously, but we are clear favourites. Hope they take some points of Greece or the Swiss.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old February 11th, 2008, 03:31
International

Whereabouts in Germany is the game vs Israel? I would love to go and support Israel at the stadium!
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old February 11th, 2008, 06:32 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daweed

If we get all 18 points from Moldova, Latvia, Luxembourg and beat Greece and Switzerland at home, then we'll be heading to South Africa. The Swiss team looks surprisingly strong on paper. In their latest call-up for the England game, they had only 5 players from the domestic league on the roster. As for Greece, their campaign will depend on whether or not their manager stays in charge. If Otto leaves, then Greece has no chance of qualifying. That's how much of an impact he has on the team.

I'm hoping for the occasional screw-up from either Switzerland or Greece just like England against Macedonia at home. :hopeful:
Agreed. Its not impossible.
I dont know about Greece. How important exactly is Otto.
I gotta be honest with you, Greece may have good players in all, but coaching wise..i dont know....

Is Otto important to them. I mean, he won them Euro 04. Didn't send them to the promise land in 06 and got them in 08. Say if they lose in 08. What will his career come down too? Its quiet a big thing to win the Euros for the underdog greeks. So im curious if they will boot him, he'll resign or if they will let him play again.
If Kashtan got us into Euro08, than he can have us in last place for the next 4 Qualifications.....for all we care...but he'll be known for getting us to Euro!

As for the Screwups. Im hoping it'll be Early.
The Greece Screwup against Albania cost them early....and in the end, they pulled off a great come back only to be short and not to make it to the World Cup. So we will see now!

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old February 11th, 2008, 06:34 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by berko

Kappa, you have your point about Moldova, but like Daweed and crackedplesures say, there is a gap between senior team and U-21, definitely Israel is MUCH better than Moldova. They are not crap of course and we should play seriously, but we are clear favourites. Hope they take some points of Greece or the Swiss.
I take Moldova as i take Macedonia. And I take the both Moldova and Macedonia as someone was to take Israel back in the early mid 90's.
They will never be in the top or 2nd top..but they will be good at times and will try to puncture the top teams...... Like Austria and France

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in