$3 million a year! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2007, 14:15 Thread Starter
Star Player

$3 million a year!

Benayoun signed with West Ham for another 5 years after he was given this unrefusable offer of $15 million after 5 years of playing at West Ham. I'd say that West Ham wouldn't pay this much unless they know what kind of talent they have, and Benayoun is sure that if they're willing to pay this money then Benayoun will be a starter on the team without a doubt. Now he stays in London and this may not be Tottenham but as long as West Ham continue to stay in the Premiership then i don't think he should complain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2007, 20:34
Star Player

Teams: Man City, Liverpool, Maccabi Haifa, Brighton, Portland
FROM SOCCERNET.COM

Benayoun signs five-year deal at West Ham

Israel midfielder Yossi Benayoun has signed a new five-year contract at West Ham.

The 27-year-old played a key role in the Hammers escaping relegation from the Premiership and will now remain at Upton Park until 2012 at least after agreeing the new deal.

Benayoun, who signed from Racing Santander for £2.5million in July 2005, told West Ham's website: 'I'm very pleased to have agreed this new deal. From the first moment I arrived at West Ham, the club felt like home to me. We have the best supporters in England.

'The natural thing for me was to sign a new deal and I'm very happy because I want to stay at this club. I'm sure we'll have a better season next season because we have players with a lot of quality.

'We will also have new players coming in to make us stronger and better. I'm very pleased because it is the best place for me.

'The chairman is very ambitious and I want to thank him because the negotiations were very quick. He and the manager showed me they wanted me to stay immediately. Hopefully I will pay them back on the pitch and I will do everything in my power to match their ambition.'

Chairman Eggert Magnusson said: 'We are very ambitious and Yossi is a big part of our plans. I'm very pleased to have agreed terms to keep him at the club for five more years.

'We are looking forward to bringing in exciting new signings but we must also make sure we keep hold of the hugely talented players we already have.'

Class is permanent.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2007, 21:20
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Congratulations Yossi!! Good luck.

Good decision, i mean this amount is great and he will become a symbol for the fans, surely in a near future he will be the captain of the team and probably fan favourite.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2007, 22:46
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
im not gonna say what i usually say.
Let whatever take its toll..
Persoanlly.. i think that he would have been better in Newcastle. But im nto gonna judge. He did what he could...

I just dont see West Ham changing and competing for a European spot even...

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2007, 22:42
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa21
im not gonna say what i usually say.
Let whatever take its toll..
Persoanlly.. i think that he would have been better in Newcastle. But im nto gonna judge. He did what he could...

I just dont see West Ham changing and competing for a European spot even...
Well, maybe professionally speaking he would be better at newcastle, but mu friend, he will receive a great amount of money and it is a very good offer, He is happy at London and he could become an important player in the club´s history.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in