LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old March 19th, 2007, 19:54 Thread Starter
Star Player

Euro 2008 Qualifiers: Israel-England

VS.

Venue: Ramat Gan Stadium

Time: 24 March 2007 20:30 (local time)

England squad
Goalkeepers: Paul Robinson (Tottenham Hotspur FC), Scott Carson (Charlton Athletic FC), Ben Foster (Watford FC).

Defenders: Jonathan Woodgate (Middlesbrough FC), Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United FC), Jamie Carragher (Liverpool FC), Phil Neville (Everton FC), John Terry (Chelsea FC), Ashley Cole (Chelsea FC), Micah Richards (Manchester City FC).

Midfielders: Owen Hargreaves (FC Bayern München), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool FC), Frank Lampard (Chelsea FC), Stewart Downing (Middlesbrough FC), Michael Carrick (Manchester United FC), Scott Parker (Newcastle United FC), Kieron Dyer (Newcastle United FC), Aaron Lennon (Tottenham Hotspur FC).

Forwards: Wayne Rooney (Manchester United FC), Andrew Johnson (Everton FC), Darren Bent (Charlton Athletic FC), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham Hotspur FC).

Israel squad
Goalkeepers: Dudu Awat (RC Deportivo La Coruña), Shavit Elimelech (Hapoel Tel-Aviv FC), Nir Davidovich (Maccabi Haifa FC).

Defenders: Tal Ben Haim (Bolton Wanderers FC), Arik Benado (Beitar Jerusalem FC), Shimon Gershon (Beitar Jerusalem FC), Yoav Ziv (Beitar Jerusalem FC), Tomer Ben-Yosef (Beitar Jerusalem FC), Yuval Shpungin (Maccabi Tel-Aviv FC), Ygal Antebi (Hapoel Tel-Aviv FC), Dani Bodarv (Hapoel Tel-Aviv FC).

Midfielders: Yossi Benayoun (West Ham United FC), Walid Badir (Hapoel Tel-Aviv FC), Salim Toema (Hapoel Tel-Aviv FC), Gal Alberman (Beitar Jerusalem FC), Omer Golan (Maccabi Petach-Tikva FC), Idan Tal (Bolton Wanderers FC).

Forwards: Elyaniv Barda (Hapoel Tel-Aviv FC), Amit Ben Shushan (Beitar Jerusalem FC), Toto Tamuz (Beitar Jerusalem FC), Pini Balili (Sivasspor), Ben Sahar (Chelsea FC), Yaniv Katan (Maccabi Haifa FC), Roberto Colautti (Maccabi Haifa FC).

Discuss possible line-ups...

Its a shame Zandberg wasn't called up since he's been in such good form but luckily England will miss Neville and Cole who are both key defenders. We need this game to have any hope of qualifying for the Euro and Engalnd will not be an easy sqaud. In addition someone is apparently talking for Yossi Benayoun claiming that he is putting down the English NT. Yossi had a full practice today and seems fit for the match.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old March 19th, 2007, 20:59
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Well, here it is the most important match of our qualifyers, a win means survival a loss means we are pratically out of the race. And this time England will be on our way, the atmosphere will certainly be the best and Ramat Gan will be packed. England is under pressure and they have some key injured players that won´t attend the match. But still if you look to their squad you see a lot of quality and they are still better than us. We shouldn´t underestimate England in any way despite their poor form.

As for our NT, my major concern is defense, our attack is working and we have plenty of good options. Benayoun will play despite not being 100% ( actually he is like this for the NT for a while already).

I would play the team like this:

------------------------Awat---------------------------

Shpungin-------Guershon-----------Ben Haim-----------Ziv------

----------------Alberman------------Badir----------------

-------Katan----------------------Benayoun--------------

--------------Tamuz----------Ben Sahar----------------------------

I don´t like to see Badir in the NT, but from the options we have he should be as DM. Tamuz and Sahar will give England a good headache. Shpungin is in good form and made a good game against Ukraine, Ziv is better than Antebi in the left back. In defense i put Guershon alongside Ben Haim, but do you guys think maybe Benado or Tomer Ben Yosef are better?
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old March 19th, 2007, 22:10
Rising Star

Tomer Ben Yosef shouldn't be even in the NT IMO.

your team is good berko but do you think that two young strikers can score against england ? they haven't got enough experience against such good defenders like ferdinand or terry.

post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old March 19th, 2007, 22:31 Thread Starter
Star Player

I agree with Arik, your team is good but i'm not sure sure its good to have 2 youngsters togethers up front. I'm not so sure Ben Sahar can start for our NT against a team like Engalnd. Tamuz may be a good option alongside Katan.
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old March 19th, 2007, 22:57
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
Did england already arrive in Israel?

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2007, 01:27
Premier Player

Lineup Think

Here is what works for me.

Aouate

Shpungin----Antebi---------Ben-Haim----Ziv

Tuama--------Alberman-----Ben-Shushan

Benayoun

Tamuz------------Barda

This I think is probably our most effective lineup. This probably gives us the best team speed overall. Tuama should start becuase he has a great left foot. Benayoun is natural attacking midfielder and a great playmaker.
Barda is very fast and has great pace and could cause England a lot of trouble. Tamuz isn't as fast but he is a solid striker and capable of finishing. Ben- Shushan is fast and can really run with the ball as well. Alberman is solid in the middle and should anchor the midfield. Both Ziv and Shpungin are great at supporting the attack. I put Antebi in there becuase he is a big physical presence and he has a lot of experience.
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2007, 02:46 Thread Starter
Star Player

its a very good midfield. I also think we can take some of our talented fowards, like Ben Shoshan and Katan, and place them in midfield because they can produce alot there as well. Tuama has been in good form and so has Alberman. Ben Shoshan is just constantly proving that he's a good player and he always makes things happen. I don't know if i want Barda up front, i dont' think he's consistant enough to start up front, maybe he should be put in as a sub if one of our starting attackers don't produce anything. However, if Kashtan goes for a more defensive type of line-up then we could see Badir in midfield.
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2007, 03:36
Forum Manager
Legend

Well, yes they are young, but if Kashtan called them is because he has full confidence on their football. Ben Shushan and Tamuz have been playing really well in the qualifyers and they gave us a precious point in Moscow. Potential they have, but who will you put upfront? Golan? Balili? Don´t think so. From what we have despite being young they could do the job and Tamuz will be eager to prove he is worthy. Katan is better as a winger or midfielder, he is not exactly the goalscorer we will need. He should play with Benayoun in midfield. England will also have problems in attack and a very young attack BTW, they had to appeal to call up David Nugent a youngster who play for Preston and never played in Premier League level.
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2007, 11:52
Rising Star

man this is going to be a good game. England have a few problems in defense. no real left back with cole and wayne bridge out, carragher will be solid but unspectacular. I am worried about Andy Johnson and Rooney up front, Johnson in particular is a headache player, very fast and hard to deal with so Ben haim needs to keep him in check. I think Benayoun can get in between and expose the numerous gaps in the English midfield but if England play with Hargreaves which is 90% certain they have one of the top DM players in the world right now. He is really good, covers so much ground and is always protecting back four. I think Tamuz and Ben Shushan who have natural speed are going to be crucial, they can upset England. Anyway, Kadima Israel........supporting you all they way.
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2007, 18:12
ags
Premier Player

Bad News! the labor union called for a general strike that will start 3/21 @ 600. The strike will close all ports and government offices. This includes airports.

So if you are an English fan, you might not be able to make it. Although strikes like this are intended to scare people and usually don't last more than a day or two. There is a real chance that English fans will not make the trip.

This is not only bad for the fans but for the Israeli tourist industry which is the only sector of the economy that is not doing good.

Last edited by ags; March 20th, 2007 at 18:18.
post #11 of 49 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2007, 19:22
Forum Manager
Legend

True, but Avi Luzon and the IFA are trying to convince to postpone the strike.

BTW, the NT practiced today and Kashtan put this team to play.

Awat, Shpungin, Guershon, Ben Haim, Ziv; Alberman, Badir, Benado; Benayoun, Ben Shushan, Barda.

Surprises in the lineup, Benado as a defensive midfielder givining more space for Benayoun to produce...Ben Shushan and Barda as strikers. Barda´s inclusion is a bit of surprise i mean considering you have Tamuz and Ben Sahar on the bench that were considered to be starters. Ben Shushan is a good option.

Defense is just fine for me.

What dou you guys think of this formation.
post #12 of 49 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2007, 21:42
Rising Star

ben shushan and tamuz should be in the starting line IMO.
ben sahar and barda subs.
post #13 of 49 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2007, 23:06
Forum Manager
Legend

If you guys pay attention in the formation Kashtan started you will notice it is nothing, but a very similiar formation that Grant used in our last campaign. We have two sidebacks that like to go forward, Shpungin and Ziv ( last campaign Afek and Keisi) the same central defenders Ben Haim and Guershon plus the fact we have Benado now as a defensive midfielder, but probably knowing his characteiristics he will come almost a third defender. two other defensive midfielders, Alberman and Badir. Two forwards and Benayoun being our brain in midfield. For those who thought Grant was over we are seeing a replay. The only difference is the mentality which currently is a bit more offensive. In some way i don´t think this formation is so bad, but Benayoun is not fully fit and we have in midfield players used to defend more than appearing upfront to conclude, i fear we will retreat too much waiting for counter attacks with Barda´s speed, Ben Shushan´s technique and Benayoun´s magic.
post #14 of 49 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2007, 23:27
Star Player

Teams: Man City, Liverpool, Maccabi Haifa, Brighton, Portland
I'm really looking forward to this game. Hopefully we'll get a win here especially as it's at home and England aren't working together well. I predict 2-1 Israel (Benayoun, Ben Haim) (Gerrard).

What's the chance that Ben Sahar will start/play?

Class is permanent.
post #15 of 49 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2007, 13:43
Rising Star

I think Kashtan knows what he is doing, Benado is probably the best in the air both in defensive and attacking situations. Against England defending from set pieces is going to be crucial........so if we can keep it tight at the back it will only take a moment of magic from our front men to win this game. This is a better plan than going all out trying to beat England and getting stuffed like 3-0. Also, this England team is a little low in confidence and going one or two goals down may hurt them. I don't think they could mentally recover once trailing to percieved weaker opponents.
post #16 of 49 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2007, 18:19 Thread Starter
Star Player

we need to keep our head down and relax. Engalnd are the favourites, lets not get too cocky. I have some British friends here that say Israel will win and bla bla bla, and many of the British posters here say the same. But this is still England and regardless of their current form they can completely kill us no matter where the game is played. So lets relax and just pray for a draw or win.
post #17 of 49 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2007, 18:53
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
Kashtan is leaving toto tamuz out of the squad. Anyone here about this?

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
post #18 of 49 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2007, 19:30
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa21
Kashtan is leaving toto tamuz out of the squad. Anyone here about this?
Yes, Kashtan is testing different formations. In today´s practice he had the same defense, but this time Benado, Badir, Benayoun and Tuama in midfield, Barda and Balili in attack. It seems Kashtan will insist with Benado as a defensive midfielder and Barda upfront, Tamuz still didn´t have his chance.

Just an observation: we have many players that begin with the letter "B" in their last name
post #19 of 49 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2007, 19:41 Thread Starter
Star Player

another observation. Kashtan is stupid for not even giving Tamuz, Ben Sahar, Ben Shoshan, or Alberman along with not calling Zandberg up yet, who has been in great form...what a waste
post #20 of 49 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2007, 22:40
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ירוק OLE!
another observation. Kashtan is stupid for not even giving Tamuz, Ben Sahar, Ben Shoshan, or Alberman along with not calling Zandberg up yet, who has been in great form...what a waste
Katan is out of the trainings. He won´t even be related for the matches. Anyone know¨? About Zandberg many thought it was because Kashtan was punishing him for "faking" an injury and avoid NT practice and 3 days later was playing for Beitar. Kashtan said in an interview it had only professional manners involved.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in