English fears of 'old' and 'ugly' Ramat Gan stadium - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old February 14th, 2007, 09:21 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, Liverpool FC, Israeli NT
English fears of 'old' and 'ugly' Ramat Gan stadium

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2...070107,00.html

Well they are making a good point, but they can't seriously expect us to hold a stadium that is up the standard in England, although it's a bit sad to hear it's not even in a Championship level. (I think that's a bit exaggerated to be honest). I don't think we'll have big troubles but definitely I know what they're on about. Ahead of the Croatia match the crowd was just standing one on another in line, it was nearly impossible to move, not to mention breathe. We go through this experience everytime, we can't expect foreign fans to think it's normal or okay just because of that. And yeah the western block is kinda far away from the pitch, but the entire stadium sucks big time in terms of atmosphere so no exception there.

"Stop and stare...I think I'm moving but I go nowhere...."

:dielaugh:Beitar Jerusalem:dielaugh:

- Israeli Double Winners! League and State Cup Winners 2007/2008!

- 2006/2007 League Champions!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old February 14th, 2007, 10:01
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilli
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2...070107,00.html

Well they are making a good point, but they can't seriously expect us to hold a stadium that is up the standard in England, although it's a bit sad to hear it's not even in a Championship level. (I think that's a bit exaggerated to be honest). I don't think we'll have big troubles but definitely I know what they're on about. Ahead of the Croatia match the crowd was just standing one on another in line, it was nearly impossible to move, not to mention breathe. We go through this experience everytime, we can't expect foreign fans to think it's normal or okay just because of that. And yeah the western block is kinda far away from the pitch, but the entire stadium sucks big time in terms of atmosphere so no exception there.
Yes the IFA should already start building those new stadiums they were planning to. Ramat Gan is not so bad like they said, but is far from being confortable and the view and atmosphere like Gili said is not very good. If the English prefer e could play in Bloomfield where we will have a good atmoshere and a smaller pitch would make it difficult for the English.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old February 14th, 2007, 10:50
Rising Star

So what do you guys expect from this match? I think it is going to be a difficult match for England considering they lost to Croatia away and there doesn't seem to be too much confidence in the side. They are on a poor run in terms of results.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old February 14th, 2007, 13:05
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Athletic Club, FC Utrecht & VVV-Venlo
Articles from the sun are always nonsense.

The stadium doesn't look bad, it's all seated if I'm right (?), in which way wouldn't it be safe?
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old February 14th, 2007, 14:11
Premier Player

Teams: Maccabi Tel Aviv
we need to start the ramat gan renovation NOW, not in 2012 NOW, i'm tired of people thinking we play soccer in israel in a desert field with a louzy cheap cement stand, hope they finish the one in petach tikva for 32,000 pronto so they can start with ol' ramat
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old February 14th, 2007, 14:44
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
who cares what the sun thinks? every time they play an away match they find a way to rip the country they are playing (Macedonia, Croatia) but funny when they lose they change their tone
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old February 14th, 2007, 14:57
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maturin70
So what do you guys expect from this match? I think it is going to be a difficult match for England considering they lost to Croatia away and there doesn't seem to be too much confidence in the side. They are on a poor run in terms of results.
We expect a very hard match, it is a must win for both teams. Playing at home should boost our motivation and rarely we lose at Ramat Gan, we were 7 years without losing at homesoil before Croatia beat us. We are a bit confident because of England´s current bad form, but we know that England is England and it doesn´t matter the situation they are always a tough team.
What are the expectations in England for this match? Any chance of McLaren quit is he loses to Israel?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old February 14th, 2007, 15:38
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit
who cares what the sun thinks? every time they play an away match they find a way to rip the country they are playing (Macedonia, Croatia) but funny when they lose they change their tone
Correct. It's embarrassing sometimes the way they patronise other countries.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old February 14th, 2007, 15:45
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by berko
We expect a very hard match, it is a must win for both teams. Playing at home should boost our motivation and rarely we lose at Ramat Gan, we were 7 years without losing at homesoil before Croatia beat us. We are a bit confident because of England´s current bad form, but we know that England is England and it doesn´t matter the situation they are always a tough team.
What are the expectations in England for this match? Any chance of McLaren quit is he loses to Israel?
Well I would say that if England lose this the shit will hit the fan but I doubt if then FA will have the balls to despatch of McClaren so early. They have another tough away game in Russia also I think. It will all end in tears with McClaren in charge. He doesn't inspire confidence. Of course many think England will win this but they think that with every game England play.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old February 14th, 2007, 18:53
Premier Player

Teams: Maccabi Tel Aviv
maturin what a weird nickname, actually thats the name of the city where my brothers works and lives in venezuela!!!

but back in the stadium issue, 2008 will be a good year for us with the new stadiums in haifa, netanya, petach tikva and beer sheva
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old February 16th, 2007, 18:38
ags
Premier Player

If Israel make Euro 2008, they will speed up work on Ramat Gan. Besides, the sports stadiums and arenas are going through a transitional period. Within 10 years, most of the old stadiums will be torn down and renovated. We just have to wait.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2007, 18:55
Rising Star

Ignore this rubbish from the Sun, a paper designed for those with the reading capacity of an 8 year old. The Ramat Gan stadium has staged many International games with no problems, and is a stadium with a fantastic atmosphere, better than the so many of the new grounds in England which look nice but on matchdays resemble a cemetary. Yes some stadium in Israel need modernising and this is happening i believe right now. As an example look at Teddy which is a first rate stadium. The Sun would be better off on discussing the tactics of the problems with their own side than slagging off our 'itstadionim'.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in