Best Israeli Player Ever! - Xtratime Community
View Poll Results: Who is the best of the best?
Benayoun 1 9.09%
Berkovic 4 36.36%
Spiegler 1 9.09%
Mizrachi 0 0%
Awat 0 0%
Ben Sahar (future talent) 0 0%
Revivo 4 36.36%
Rosenthal 0 0%
Nimni 0 0%
Gal 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old November 22nd, 2006, 14:28 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Best Israeli Player Ever!

Well we have still 4 months for our next match against England, so i thought that this section of the Israeli forum wouldn´t have a lot of posts, so just to make fun here i thought it would be nice to make elections here on who in your opinion is the best Israeli player ever. Of course it is very difficult to judge this you can´t compare defenders with strikers on tehcnique and so, but maybe on importance, on leadership and contributions we could judge. Since most of us here, i believe, were born in the 80´s this election could take from this decade until today. IMO it is difficult to compare Benayoun with one of our stars in the 50´s. Othe times, the game was different and we didn´t see them play.

So before just posting some options we will make this in stages, select 20 names you guys think deserve to receive this title, or to be among the best. I will leave it for some days until everyone posts its options and the 20 most voted players will go through.

In the stage 2 we will get the 20 names and the process will repeat with us voting for the 5 best.

Then we will have the final stage in which we will vote for the player considered to be the best ever.

Let the elections begin:smileani:

If you guys like this idea we could also make it for the same system in voting for the best foreigners to ever play in Israel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old November 22nd, 2006, 15:36 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

My List:

Yossi Benayoun
Eyal Berkovic
Haim Revivo
Avi Nimni
Dudu Awat
Roni Rosenthal
Ronen Harazi
Tal Banin
Alon Hazan
Nir Klinger
Eli Ohana
Moshe Sinai
Itzik Zohar
Alon Mizrahi
Arik Benado
Tal Ben Haim
Idan Tal
Reuven Atar
Uri Malmilian
Avi Cohen
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old November 22nd, 2006, 15:54
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
ALON MIZRAHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

Also:
Rafiat Turk
Bonny Ginzburg

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old November 23rd, 2006, 00:38 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa21
ALON MIZRAHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

Also:
Rafiat Turk
Bonny Ginzburg

Alon Mizrahi is on the list.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old November 23rd, 2006, 03:20
Legend

Mizrahi is the best.....

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old November 23rd, 2006, 07:52
Star Player

Forget Mizrachi or Benayoun. The best player Israel produced was Berkovic. Lets set aside the shitty personality, this guy was truly a magician and he could have gone extremely far and found himself at a big club if it weren't for that crappy personality. I think the Israeli media doesn't give enough credit to Dudu, he is at a top club in Spain and every weekend he's doing an amazing job. Benayoun has not been playing well this season and he needs to go back to the form he was in last season. Revivo ofcourse was one of the greatest strikers...next to Mizrachi, i just wish he could have performed for the NT. In the end i give most credit to Berkovic, he's truly talented, he's not the fastest or most techinically skilled but he had the greatest vision, a true playmaker, and he know when and where to pass....truly a wizard.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old November 23rd, 2006, 13:46
Premier Player

Teams: Maccabi Tel Aviv
true, berkovic is an idol, best israeli player ever, i remember the guys from fox sports latin america went crazy over him, saying he played like a south american and stuff
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old November 23rd, 2006, 18:31 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

no wonder why my nickname is berko
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old November 23rd, 2006, 23:21
Legend

Berkovic is good?
On which hand? compared to who?

He was no different then Rozenthal.....
both played great football in the end...

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2006, 00:02 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Berkovic is good?
On which hand? compared to who?

He was no different then Rozenthal.....
both played great football in the end...

That is why i told you guys to pick 5 players so that we would discuss this, but guess my idea wasn't so good

Anyways, Berkovic had a bad attitude sometimes, but one thing was sure he would give his best in the pitch. He loved to play for the NT and if he had a better behaviour he would certainly have played in bigger clubs. He is until today that i have seen play the best Israeli playmaker and in his golden age one of the best of the premier League, like Gal said excellent vision good passing, he just didn't have the best finishing. Benayoun is great. Magical, he has better dribbling than Berkovic and is faster he likes running with the ball while Berkovic liked to think more the game. And Benayoun has a much better finishing than Berko. And Benayoun's attitude is from a true captain he also gives his best. And would classify them as the best, but we have to praise others like Reuven Atar which had amazing technique ( never forget that game against France in Paris 3-2 for Israel, Atar made the goal and before that a fantastic dribbling in midfield. Avi Nimni the best finisher of them all. If he played one more season he would go ahead Alon Mizrahi in the all time best scorers. Awat is also to praise, a very good keeper and maybe the best Israel had.
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2006, 18:29
Rookie

Spiegler. End of story.
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old November 25th, 2006, 20:50
Legend

What about Ben Sachar? I mean.....he is a big name at already age 17....

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2006, 01:03
Rising Star

I think technically the best player was Haim Revivo. Sorry but he had all the skills and played in the best technical league......which was and still is IMO Spain. Berkovich's heart made him great for England, where you need to have a die for the cause attitude, but there was something I never warmed to about him. Also , Revivo played in a red hot Celta Vigo team. But obviously Spiegler who scored Israel's only goal at a WC must be mentioned, I mean no one has come close to this since. Benayoun will definetley be the succesor as well.
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2006, 06:50
Legend

To be honest..i cant compare rozenthal with Berkovic.... there the same... both played high and ended up low....

Revivo did good, but then again he was stuck in a mediocre team. Not one player.... played in a big team in spain...but then came Dudu who did that...

Racing and Celta Vigo werent much to see....
the success of the Israelis only ment that they stayed in La Liga and debuted in Europe somehow....thats pretty much it...
no barca, no mallorca, no real betis..no valencia for israelis..where the action is...

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2006, 16:00
Premier Player

Teams: Maccabi Tel Aviv
kappa mallorca is crap, now deportivo is a big name a club with history and lots of fans
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old November 27th, 2006, 12:53 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

It all depends on the players characteristics. Benayoun adapted himself very well to the Spanish style when he played for Racing, he changed a bit when he moved to West Ham, but since he is a great player he was well adapted. The same we can't say from Katan for example. He has a style to play in Spain or a a similiar country, went to England and couldn't find himself.
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old November 27th, 2006, 13:48
Star Player

Quote:
What about Ben Sachar? I mean.....he is a big name at already age 17....
i think that in another decade he'll be the biggest player Israel produces....as long as he doesn't have to serve
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old November 27th, 2006, 13:52
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by berko
It all depends on the players characteristics. Benayoun adapted himself very well to the Spanish style when he played for Racing, he changed a bit when he moved to West Ham, but since he is a great player he was well adapted. The same we can't say from Katan for example. He has a style to play in Spain or a a similiar country, went to England and couldn't find himself.
I agree that Katan didn't succeed because he belongs in La Liga or Serie A...not in the Premiership. Yossi knows how to adapt to different leagues despite the fact that he's very skinny.

Also want to add that Dudu was the only guy to find himself in a big spanish club. Deportivo is a huge club and i think its on the same level as Valencia (maybe no Barca or Real). He just doesn't talk to the press that much and doesn't develop his PR, if he did then we'd hear about him just as much as Benayoun. Also, the whole thing between him and Grant really screwed up his popularity in Israel, now that he's starting on the NT then i think he will become really big.
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old November 27th, 2006, 14:53
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ירוק OLE!
i think that in another decade he'll be the biggest player Israel produces....as long as he doesn't have to serve
I came up with the conclusion of this:

Punish IFA or Israel for getting into the internal matters of the IFA and in the end allow players who havent serve to play in the National team.
IFA will be scared of FIFA/UEFA and in the end will not wanna be suspended like Greece or Iran and would comply.... Minister of Sports and Science will probably be nice to us on that...

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old November 27th, 2006, 20:38 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ירוק OLE!
I agree that Katan didn't succeed because he belongs in La Liga or Serie A...not in the Premiership. Yossi knows how to adapt to different leagues despite the fact that he's very skinny.

Also want to add that Dudu was the only guy to find himself in a big spanish club. Deportivo is a huge club and i think its on the same level as Valencia (maybe no Barca or Real). He just doesn't talk to the press that much and doesn't develop his PR, if he did then we'd hear about him just as much as Benayoun. Also, the whole thing between him and Grant really screwed up his popularity in Israel, now that he's starting on the NT then i think he will become really big.
Exactly. That is what i meant. Katan would do well in Spain or Italy. Benayoun can adapt himself.
The intresting thing is that most of our players have played in Britain despite their style most fitting in the Spanish or Italian style.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in