U21: Turkey-Israel - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2006, 14:49 Thread Starter
Star Player

U21: Turkey-Israel

Our U-21 needs atleast a tie in order to progress to the next round. If anyone has the u-21 roster please post it. What i must say about our U-21 is that in terms of mentality they can go ahead and teach our senior team how to think. We look at Benayoun's quote to the game in Andorra "Just give us a small 1-0".....against andorra?!?! And then you see a quote from Itzhaki a U-21 player and his quote in regard to playing TURKEY is "We're not going to play for a tie" This is, in my opinion, the reason that the U21 has been somewhat successful or more convincing then our senior team. Guy Levi teaches his team to win every game no matter who the opponent is. I don't blame kashtan, i just think its something that our senior players should look at. Instead of Yossi saying that he just wants a small 1-0 how about he says the he wants to take full advantage of this game, or something more positive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2006, 16:16
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Quote:
Originally Posted by ירוק OLE!
Our U-21 needs atleast a tie in order to progress to the next round. If anyone has the u-21 roster please post it. What i must say about our U-21 is that in terms of mentality they can go ahead and teach our senior team how to think. We look at Benayoun's quote to the game in Andorra "Just give us a small 1-0".....against andorra?!?! And then you see a quote from Itzhaki a U-21 player and his quote in regard to playing TURKEY is "We're not going to play for a tie" This is, in my opinion, the reason that the U21 has been somewhat successful or more convincing then our senior team. Guy Levi teaches his team to win every game no matter who the opponent is. I don't blame kashtan, i just think its something that our senior players should look at. Instead of Yossi saying that he just wants a small 1-0 how about he says the he wants to take full advantage of this game, or something more positive.

I agree with you my friend. You talked about Itzhaki's quote, but Melikson's was even harder and shows the boys are confident. He said:"If we don't qualify i don't return to Israel":smileani: They are very confident, but they have reasons to be, the team is very good.
In Benayoun's case, you must understand that he is a humble guy, which is a great quality that is why Yossi is complete and diffrent from other captain's we had. Now that Kashtan selected him as team leader he is being more careful in what he says in the media. Deep inside they know that 1-0 against Andorra is not a good result. But we also should remember that we are not Brazil or Italy that are strong and can play in a lower level and win, we shouln't underestimate anyone, we are not in that level yet.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2006, 21:00
Rising Star

Here is the squad called up by Guy Levi, Toto Tamuz and Dekel Keinan have been called up to the senior squad so they will not be participating in this match, also Dovev Gabay has just been injured in traning and won't take part in the match. Israel can field a very strong line-up against turkey, one that will surely take them to the next round.

Goalkeepers: Tom Almadon (Maccabi Haifa), Yossi Shekel (Maccabi Herzliya)

Defenders: Yuval Shpungin (Maccabi Tel-Aviv), Shai Maimon (Maccabi Herzliya), Oded Elkayam (Hapoel Haifa), Naor Pesser (Maccabi Petach-Tikva), Nitzan Damari, (Maccabi Petach-Tikva), Mohammed Shakhbari (Bnei Tamra), Eliran Denin (Beitar Jerusalem)

Midfielders: Kobi Dajani (Bnei Yehuda Tel-Aviv), Lior Jan (Maccabi Tel-Aviv), Idan Srur (Hapoel Petach-Tikva), Aviram Baruchian (Beitar Jerusalem), Maor Melikson (Maccabi Haifa), Lior Rafaelov (Maccabi Haifa)

Forwards: Barak Itzchaki (Beitar Jerusalem), Itay Shechter (Maccabi Netanya), Omer Peretz (Maccabi Tel-Aviv), Roey Dayan (Maccabi Tel-Aviv), Dovev Gabay (Maccabi Petac-Tikva)

This in my opinion would be the best line-up:

-----------------Itay Shechter------Barak Itzchaki------------

Melikson-----------------------------------------------Rafaelov
-------------------Kobi Dajani------Aviram Baruchian-----------

Pesser (Denin)-------Nitzan Damari----Lior Jan----Yuval Shpungin

-------------------------Tom Almadon-----------------------

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2006, 21:06
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Indeed a very strong lineup that could obtain its objective. The frontline is impressive, Melikson, Refaelov, Itzhaki and Shechter. Players that in a near future could be in the senior.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2006, 21:58 Thread Starter
Star Player

many good young strikers and good young mids. I'm sure the lack of Tamuz and Keinan will be a bit problematic, but they can still win this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2006, 22:25
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ירוק OLE!
many good young strikers and good young mids. I'm sure the lack of Tamuz and Keinan will be a bit problematic, but they can still win this.
shechter and yitzchaki are just as good as tamuz.....keinan will be missed...but im confident nitzan damari and lior jan will do the work
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2006, 03:11
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
Good luck to Israel!
kick ass jersey

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in