Opponent's Results - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2006, 20:52 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Opponent's Results

Well i believe it should be from our intrests how our group opponents are playing and their results.

Today we had the first game of the group where Macedonia beat Estonia 1-0 goal from Sedloski to secure 3 points. Estonia will be our first game also away in September 2nd.

Russia had a 90th minute goa from Progrebnik to give them a victory over Latvia.

England is currently defeating Greece 4-0 and are showing a lot of motivation under Steve McLaren.

Croatia are in HT defeating current world champions Italy 2-0 goals from Eduardo Silva and Modric.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2006, 21:10
International

Teams: Maccabi Haifa, FC Liverpool
Macedonia seems to be a very good NT. They have shown what they are able to do. For instance vs. England 2 (??) years ago

ירוק תמיד בלב ורק אחת קבוצה אוהב, והיא עושה לי ריגושים אני אתן לה את החיים.

בליבי עד המוות מכבי כל יום מודה לאל תמיד שבחיפה אין הפועל

100% ANTI MACCABI TEL AVIV
100% ANTI BEITAR "SEVEL" JERUSALEM
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2006, 21:17 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haimrevivo1
Macedonia seems to be a very good NT. They have shown what they are able to do. For instance vs. England 2 (??) years ago

Yes they have a tricky NT and we should have troubles with them specially playing away. But overall IMO our team is better, but we shouldn't by any chance underestimate them.

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2006, 23:02
Star Player

Macedonia is like our new cyprus, they are never easy and on a good day they could beat us. But i'm also focusing on England, Mclaren seems to know what he's doing. Ofcourse Croatia has always been strong, they will be very tough for us, because they are extremely difficult. This group won't be easy. i just hope we can get the easy points out of the way.
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2006, 04:13
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, Liverpool FC, Israeli NT
Peter Crouch is a legend p

"Stop and stare...I think I'm moving but I go nowhere...."

:dielaugh:Beitar Jerusalem:dielaugh:

- Israeli Double Winners! League and State Cup Winners 2007/2008!

- 2006/2007 League Champions!
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2006, 05:35
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
im scared of that 4-0 win.....

and even though Estonia lost 1-0 to macedonia..its not impressive.....

im more afraid of Croatia and Russia..they seem very organized and may be te biggest obstacle for us....

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2006, 08:49
Xtratime Legend

England were always gonna win the group, good thing is that now we can be a little bit more relaxed about them taking full points off other opponents maybe. It won't be easy but England playing up to its potential can definitely take victories in Croatia and Russia. They just need a good coach, he doesn't even have to be brilliant, their entire squad is perfect. Eriksson was a dumbass.

post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2006, 09:28
Star Player

Teams: Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raanan
England were always gonna win the group, good thing is that now we can be a little bit more relaxed about them taking full points off other opponents maybe. It won't be easy but England playing up to its potential can definitely take victories in Croatia and Russia. They just need a good coach, he doesn't even have to be brilliant, their entire squad is perfect. Eriksson was a dumbass.
Isn't it what they say about England every WC/Euro?
The perfect squad, bla,bla,bla... And every time they barley manage to pass the group stage...

Besides if England can take points in Croatia and Russia, what will prevent them from taking points in Israel? I can't see where is the relaxation in all off that

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." :smileani:
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2006, 09:38
Xtratime Legend

Yeah they do but their manager was total shit, now they've got a better one in Mclaren who will hopefully do a good job.

post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2006, 10:41
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raanan
Yeah they do but their manager was total shit, now they've got a better one in Mclaren who will hopefully do a good job.
I remember hearing it about England since 1996,and thats about the time I started to notice such things, did they always had a shit manager?

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." :smileani:
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2006, 10:48
Xtratime Legend

Yes.

it's just a first game and you can't know but I think not having Beckham is a great advantage for them now, whatever the case is they will probably finish first or second at the very worst scenario.

post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2006, 15:55
Star Player

England has always talked about how.....this is their time, they'll take first place, and all the bullshit. It doesn't mater what manager because they always say it and they've said it for years. I hope they don't get through the group, although i know they will. I hope to see us and Croatia get through.
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2006, 16:14 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Just because England hasn't won much in a long time it doesn't mean they aren't strong. The truth is that this new English generation is very good and had a solid defense and a good attack and don't rely only on crosses in the box. Like Raanan said, if they have a better coach they will be tough and McLaren isn't the best, but certainly has a bigger variety of tactics than Eriksson. It will be tough for us, but i'm optimistic. Croatia beat Italy and England beat Greece it doesn't they are unbeatable.
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2006, 16:20
Star Player

don't get me wrong, i don't think we'll beat them. But they always seem to screw up at the end. I don't doubt they'll make the group though, i just know that in the Euro 2008 Quater finals or semi finals they'll get kicked out, because its england.
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2006, 16:32 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ירוק OLE!
don't get me wrong, i don't think we'll beat them. But they always seem to screw up at the end. I don't doubt they'll make the group though, i just know that in the Euro 2008 Quater finals or semi finals they'll get kicked out, because its england.
It will be tough for us to beat England no doubt of that. If we play in Tel Aviv we stand a chance of pulling a surprise, if not then forget it. But yes England has a tradition of choking in the decisive moments, but this is more psycological than technical because England has a strong team, the same happens to Holland and Spain.
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2006, 18:39
Rising Star

I think under Mclaren the emphasis has been put back on playing the traditional english way, which is very hight tempo at the start, putting loads of balls into the box and being tough in the tackle. Greece couldn't hack it in the first thirsty minutes and got torn apart, 1) because Nikopolidis is terrible from crosses, 2) the defenders were always being dragged away from the box even though they were only playing with three at the back. The mentality when playing England away for Israel must be to stay really compact and a little deep, then use our speed on the counter with Arbeitman and Benayoun, really just play similar to Haifa the other week. Also we must prepare well from set plays, defending them is vital against England becuase in this country we are taught that this is the most effective way to score. We need at least one win from both England matches I feel if we want to finish top two. Greece sucked but I just pray Kashtan really analyses this game because we could learn a lot from it.
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2006, 19:27
Star Player

I agree, we need to use the counter attack, its boring but its our best bet. We stay back hope for the english players to come up and we have a solid defense, so the second they head it out we need Benayoun to make a run with it and hopefully connect it to Arbietman to finish, we know how to use our through balls very well. We don't lack playmakers on our team or defenders, but we do lack finishing.
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2006, 19:53
Rising Star

we need an israel shevchenko, klose or henry who can score from the passes of benayoun, zandberg or katan because these players aren't finishers, they like more to pass then to shoot the ball .

maybe we need a bad player like holtsman but who can scorethe goals.
he would be like pauleta in portugal, he is in the front all the time and waits from the passes of benayoun , katan... (in portugal it would be figo, ronaldo )
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2006, 20:09 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arik1983
we need an israel shevchenko, klose or henry who can score from the passes of benayoun, zandberg or katan because these players aren't finishers, they like more to pass then to shoot the ball .

maybe we need a bad player like holtsman but who can scorethe goals.
he would be like pauleta in portugal, he is in the front all the time and waits from the passes of benayoun , katan... (in portugal it would be figo, ronaldo )
Holtsman was always great in club level, but in the NT he simply didn't shine even though he is one of the best finisher in the country, prove that he is always among the best scorers. Hope Collauti fills in this.
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2006, 20:35
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by berko
Holtsman was always great in club level, but in the NT he simply didn't shine even though he is one of the best finisher in the country, prove that he is always among the best scorers. Hope Collauti fills in this.
I heard today that Collauti can't play for the national team, don't know what's with that

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in