New manager new problems - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old August 13th, 2006, 17:24 Thread Starter
Star Player

New manager new problems

One Israeli player landed in Slovenia today and another took of. Tal Ben-Haim was released from the training session in Slovenia after telling Kashtan that he did not feel like waking up on the time requested. Kashtan released him from the training ground and there goes Tal. At the same time, Yossi has just landed in Slovenia but is suffering from a minor injury in the muscle.

I hope that we don't start any Coach-player problems in the NT. We saw what harm that did with Grant and Awat lets hope they will forgive and forget because Ben-Haim is the best defender we have. Apparently he was just offered 2 million pounds from Portsmouth but Bolton refused to let him go. We need this player at the Euro...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old August 13th, 2006, 17:50 Thread Starter
Star Player

just in case we didn't have enough bad news it now seems as if Colautti is not allowed to play for our NT!!

apparently he still doesn't have the passport. menachem said he will look into it once and for all to find out whats going on. he probably won't play against slovenia and its a shame, we really need to see how he plays with the rest of the guys.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old August 13th, 2006, 23:21
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
just a friendly....
i dont like ben haims atttiude
he is a good player......

this is our only game and look how hard it has been ..

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old August 13th, 2006, 23:26 Thread Starter
Star Player

Menachem had some very strong words against Ben-Haim on Sport5 news. Its just a friendly but now we don't have Colautti or Ben-Haim. Both are key players and will affect the game drastically becuase both have very important postions, Colautti scores, and Ben-Haim is one of the best at stopping the opposition from scoring. Its going to be hard for Kashtan to know where the NT is in terms of level.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2006, 06:52
Rising Star

its a coaches job to have the ability to deal with situations like this

if his solution is to drop the player from the squad.....hes not the right coach for out NT

kashtan picls favorites.......does someone honestly want to tell me that walid badir is good enough for the NT.......he just loves him from hapoel tel aviv......you guys saw him against domazel..a joke

aviram baruchian is a good young player but not ready for the nt.......why not pick gili vermut instead....a player who is much better than baruchian
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2006, 07:38
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
I agee eli....

Kashtan is trying to do and act like Richard Neilsen...
the only solution is to drop a player....
and its for the worst thing ever...just to have the armband of the captain...

needless to say..Benayoun is an important figure and this is like the Revivo-Berkovic saga with who will get the arm band...

much like the Nimny-Banin saga as well.....

how about you score some points and then we'll see who gets the arm band

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2006, 09:23
Rising Star

Teams: Ipswich Town, Hapoel Jerusalem
Kashtan is right. Our players have a lazy mentality. That is why they are tired after only 70 minutes of a game and why our teams give up late goals all the time. All players are the same. There are no "stars". Not Ben Haim and not anybody else. If he does not show up for the training session then Kashtan is right to throw him out. Enough of the nonsense. BTW Kashtan does not pick "favorites". He only picked 3 players from Hapoel Tel Aviv whereas there are 9 from Beitar for example. No favoritism there. Badir played out of postition (as a defensive back) for Hapoel Tel Aviv against the Slovenians. He is definitely one of our better midfielders and deserves to be on the national team. Either Bruchian or Vermut would have been a good pick. Personally I think that Kashtan picked just about the best team possible. In the future Vermut and some of the other younger players will get their chance.

"The Israeli footballer must undergo a change of 360 degrees".-Shlomo Sharf, former national team manager

'Winning,' he says, 'is not what Besiktas is about. It's enough to be a fan.' -A supporter of Besiktas (Turkey) sums up everything you need to know about being a football fan.

Last edited by Mideast Mirage; August 14th, 2006 at 09:28.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2006, 14:57 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mideast Mirage
Kashtan is right. Our players have a lazy mentality. That is why they are tired after only 70 minutes of a game and why our teams give up late goals all the time. All players are the same. There are no "stars". Not Ben Haim and not anybody else. If he does not show up for the training session then Kashtan is right to throw him out. Enough of the nonsense. BTW Kashtan does not pick "favorites". He only picked 3 players from Hapoel Tel Aviv whereas there are 9 from Beitar for example. No favoritism there. Badir played out of postition (as a defensive back) for Hapoel Tel Aviv against the Slovenians. He is definitely one of our better midfielders and deserves to be on the national team. Either Bruchian or Vermut would have been a good pick. Personally I think that Kashtan picked just about the best team possible. In the future Vermut and some of the other younger players will get their chance.
I agree, if he went by favorites then we also would have seen Balili's name come up, but we didn't. In regards for throwing out TBH, he came with a "posa" and decided that he wasn't going to show up on time. We all know he's a hard working player and he works his ass of at Bolton but if he thinks that he'll only give half of himself to the NT then he's very much mistaken. I think TBH will realize his mistake, unless he's really stubborn, and then come back for the Euro. Kashtan knows how essential he is on the NT.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2006, 22:23
Rookie

Badir was one of the best defensive midfielders we had at that time. Of course he deserved his selection.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2006, 00:12
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariksan
Badir was one of the best defensive midfielders we had at that time. Of course he deserved his selection.
Yes he was one of the best defensive midfielders Israel had in the last years, but right now he is not on his best form and at Hapoel Tel Aviv he is playing as a central defender under Shum.
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old August 22nd, 2006, 05:14 Thread Starter
Star Player

So Sam Allayrdice decided to open his mouth about the situation. He says that Ben-Haim deserves to be at the NT, gave examples of how hard working he is at Bolton, and critcized the NT for handling the situation in an unprofessional matter. To make the long story short the Bolton Manager and Kashtan seem to be in a war of words right now, and Ben-Haim is stuck in the middle of all this. This will probably get Kashtan fired up and may dangerously keep Ben-Haim away from our Euro 2008 campaign, he'll be a huge loss and i hope kashtan just lets him join.

Kashtan is actually annoying me very much with the situation, he says that the only way Ben-Haim can join the NT once again is if he personally and publicaly apologizies to him. This gives me the feeling that Kashtan once again just wants to show that he is a tough manager who will take no crap from anyone. Its hard for me to believe that Ben-Haim didn't want to practice out of pure laziness, he was either injured or over worked. Sam says that they had 2 practice games before he came to slovenia along with a 13 hour flight, and that they only landed at Slovenia at 12 and went to sleep at 2. Sam also says that Ben-Haim is by far his most hard working player, he goes to gym on his own after practices and takes each practice seriously. I think we all knew this before Sam said it, i remember last year Sport 5 did a segment on Ben-Haim at Bolton and the guy really works hard over there.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old August 22nd, 2006, 16:22
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Quote:
Originally Posted by ירוק OLE!
So Sam Allayrdice decided to open his mouth about the situation. He says that Ben-Haim deserves to be at the NT, gave examples of how hard working he is at Bolton, and critcized the NT for handling the situation in an unprofessional matter. To make the long story short the Bolton Manager and Kashtan seem to be in a war of words right now, and Ben-Haim is stuck in the middle of all this. This will probably get Kashtan fired up and may dangerously keep Ben-Haim away from our Euro 2008 campaign, he'll be a huge loss and i hope kashtan just lets him join.

Kashtan is actually annoying me very much with the situation, he says that the only way Ben-Haim can join the NT once again is if he personally and publicaly apologizies to him. This gives me the feeling that Kashtan once again just wants to show that he is a tough manager who will take no crap from anyone. Its hard for me to believe that Ben-Haim didn't want to practice out of pure laziness, he was either injured or over worked. Sam says that they had 2 practice games before he came to slovenia along with a 13 hour flight, and that they only landed at Slovenia at 12 and went to sleep at 2. Sam also says that Ben-Haim is by far his most hard working player, he goes to gym on his own after practices and takes each practice seriously. I think we all knew this before Sam said it, i remember last year Sport 5 did a segment on Ben-Haim at Bolton and the guy really works hard over there.
Definitely there is something more that we don´t know. Ben Haim is one the most disciplined Israeli players today and always thinks on the team and is a natural leader. At least strange this story
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old August 24th, 2006, 04:39 Thread Starter
Star Player

Ben-Haim apologized and is back on the team, to be honest i'm still not convinced he did anything wrong, but what matters is that he's back on and we have him for the Euro 2008. I assume Colautti won't be playing a shame
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old August 24th, 2006, 10:39
Star Player

Teams: Milan
Quote:
One Israeli player landed in Slovenia today and another took of. Tal Ben-Haim was released from the training session in Slovenia after telling Kashtan that he did not feel like waking up on the time requested. Kashtan released him from the training ground and there goes Tal. At the same time, Yossi has just landed in Slovenia but is suffering from a minor injury in the muscle.

I hope that we don't start any Coach-player problems in the NT. We saw what harm that did with Grant and Awat lets hope they will forgive and forget because Ben-Haim is the best defender we have. Apparently he was just offered 2 million pounds from Portsmouth but Bolton refused to let him go. We need this player at the Euro...
Disciplining players for the future is more important goal, in my opinion, then some qualifying campaign.

Kashatan acted in the only way he could.
you won't wake up?
Go home, I will bring a professional player instead of you

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." :smileani:
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old August 24th, 2006, 23:26 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauchito
Disciplining players for the future is more important goal, in my opinion, then some qualifying campaign.

Kashatan acted in the only way he could.
you won't wake up?
Go home, I will bring a professional player instead of you
you don't even know what happend....is it fair to take Kashtan's word rather then Ben-Haim. Both are professional people, Ben-Haim especially has always treated every small detail with pure professionalism, and if he wasn't a "professional player" as you say, then he would have never apologized and let his ego get in the way of things. I think he is one of the only Israeli players who will swallow his pride for the sake of the team. This was nothing to do with discipline, this was to show the press and the players who the "new boss" was and i sincerly believe that.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old August 25th, 2006, 10:34
Star Player

Teams: Milan
Quote:
you don't even know what happend....is it fair to take Kashtan's word rather then Ben-Haim. Both are professional people, Ben-Haim especially has always treated every small detail with pure professionalism, and if he wasn't a "professional player" as you say, then he would have never apologized and let his ego get in the way of things. I think he is one of the only Israeli players who will swallow his pride for the sake of the team. This was nothing to do with discipline, this was to show the press and the players who the "new boss" was and i sincerly believe that.
Ben-Haim refused to wake up for training. Where is the professionalism in that?

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." :smileani:
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old August 25th, 2006, 21:26 Thread Starter
Star Player

there's a 101 different reasons as to why that guy couldn't practice that day. He's not the type of player to just throw out excuses to not practice.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old August 25th, 2006, 23:29
Rising Star

doesnt matter

hes back in the team though

im expecting a tough game......next saturday in estonia

i think we'll win though

2-0 is my prediction
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old August 25th, 2006, 23:54
Rising Star

i think in the last match against them ( couple years ago ) we beat them 6-0 or something like that.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old August 26th, 2006, 02:11
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arik1983
i think in the last match against them ( couple years ago ) we beat them 6-0 or something like that.
ya but theyve improved

they only lost 1-0 to portugal at home and drew 1-1 with russia at home in world cup qualifying...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in