International friendly: Slovenia - Israel - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old August 11th, 2006, 09:39 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, Liverpool FC, Israeli NT
International friendly: Slovenia - Israel

First and only match Kashtan will have before his debut as coach, lets hope the match with Andorra stays in Tel Aviv. But even if not lets just be thankful that it's just Andorra...

Anyway, first game, and looking at our good results in Europe this week I believe the NT will do equally well We'll lose by a goal or two. BTW, the match is televised on channel 10.

"Stop and stare...I think I'm moving but I go nowhere...."

:dielaugh:Beitar Jerusalem:dielaugh:

- Israeli Double Winners! League and State Cup Winners 2007/2008!

- 2006/2007 League Champions!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old August 11th, 2006, 18:51
Star Player

thanks for the optimism mate

I think our team will do well, Kashtan is a new coach and all these players will fight for their spot at the Euro.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old August 11th, 2006, 23:02
Rising Star

with the players called up, this is our best starting 11

-----------Arbeitman (?)--------Colautti-------------
-----------------------Benayoun--------------------
-------------Tal--------------------Katan-----------
----------------------Alberman---------------------
--Ziv-------Gershon-----------Ben-Haim------Afek--
----------------------Awate------------------------

I wouldn't mind seeng Ben-Soshan, or Biron up from instead of Arbeitman, Ben-Shoshan was particularly impressive against Dinamo.

I think we can put Katan in more of attacking midfield role, there i think he is more productive than a striker.

Golan and Gafni are injured. I think Saban should be called up for qualifyers as well as keisi.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old August 12th, 2006, 03:04
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
REVENGE!!!!!!

Show no mercy to the slovenians..
they're small and sweet, but i think we can surprise...
afterall...we had them in Cyprus...
we could have beat them

so i think this is a good game.
I think we will surprise...our UEFA/CL games were disapointing..but this is a team with Benayoun and DUDUshka in net....
so we will do well

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2006, 16:09
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Probable lineup today:

Awat; Afek, Guershon, Ben Yosef, Ziv; Badir, Alberman, Zandberg, Tal; Katan, Arbeitman.

Good lineup IMO. And we still have Benayoun, Ben Haim and Collauti that will enter the team.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2006, 16:23
Star Player

Its a good line-up but i really would have liked to see those 3 players. All three will be key players on the pitch. I fear Arbietman will be too lonely up front, and ofcourse Yossi and Tal are essential players for our NT. Its a shame that Kashtan won't be able to see the NT's full force and get an idea of what really needs to change. I think Benayoun might play in the second half, but i hope that the problems of Colautti and Tal will work out so we can see them play at the Euro.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2006, 21:08
Legend

so it was 1-1...

benayoun scored....
how did he come on?

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2006, 21:22
Rising Star

benayoun only came in the 70th minute and scored a header
in the 81min. slovenia scored only two minuted later also with a header.

yoav ziv played very good IMO. afek and badir are not NT material right now !
ben shushan also impressed me .
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2006, 21:47
Star Player

Davidovitch proved he shouldn't start, i mean i now realize that he's a very good keeper but he has one weakness and thats his judgement on when to come out for the ball and when to stay in goal. Against liverpool he also had alot of close calls, he comes out of the goal too many times, but his reaction is just as good as awat's. Still after watching him play i prefer Awat, he's alot better.

Arbietman had a close shot and i don't care what the commentators say, thats not an easy angle to shot from. If he had a partner by his side like Colautti then we wouldn't have a problem. And lets not forget that beautiful play between Benayoun and Katan. Katan really striked it well and quickly but it hit the post and was so close to going in after it hit the post, such a shame becuase it was very well played. Our defense isn't good in my opinion, its based on all Beitar players which i don't think have enough experience, we really needed Ben Haim there. The result isn't bad considering that Benayoun came in at the end and Colautti and Ben Haim weren't there. I think that with them we'd have a much better score not to mention if Awat stays in goal for a full 90 minutes.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2006, 04:44
Legend

Well its good that Dudu showed he is worth....

garbage = davidovitch

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2006, 05:36
Star Player

i wouldn't say that bro, honestly the guy is doesnt compeletly suck. Remember how much bad things i said about him, but after watching him against Liverpool i was impressed, he needs to improve these moments where the ball is in a 50/50 position on whether to jump out of the goal or stay in, look at the second goal Liverpool scored, its not entirley his fault but i think Awat could have stopped it because he doesn't hesitate and davidovitch did hesitate before he came out.
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2006, 05:45
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arik1983
ben shushan also impressed me .
yea the press really applauds him. He's a great player, and i like his style. A good call by kashtan, i just wish he would've have taken a chance with more youngsters.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2006, 09:59
International

Teams: Maccabi Haifa, FC Liverpool
Goals of this match will follow

The goal was nice, also the shot from Katan

ירוק תמיד בלב ורק אחת קבוצה אוהב, והיא עושה לי ריגושים אני אתן לה את החיים.

בליבי עד המוות מכבי כל יום מודה לאל תמיד שבחיפה אין הפועל

100% ANTI MACCABI TEL AVIV
100% ANTI BEITAR "SEVEL" JERUSALEM
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2006, 10:54
International

Benayouns goal vs. Slovenia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaCIDxkpp6A

post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2006, 11:08 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, Liverpool FC, Israeli NT
Well typical first game of the season for both teams, but we were OK I guess, Katan is washed up, he has no room in the team until he regains his old form back.

Ben Shoshan is really impressive everytime you see him. Aouate did very well, if this game is anything to go by then he definitely needs to be the starter, but I woud've said the same even before the match. Yossi has the qualities of a true star, coming off the bench and scoring a goal

All in all we did well, but giving up a goal 2 minutes after you take the lead is a joke. But we started off with victories in the first matches of Nielsen and Grant so maybe it is a good sign to start with a draw.

"Stop and stare...I think I'm moving but I go nowhere...."

:dielaugh:Beitar Jerusalem:dielaugh:

- Israeli Double Winners! League and State Cup Winners 2007/2008!

- 2006/2007 League Champions!
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2006, 11:14
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raanan
we started off with victories in the first matches of Nielsen and Grant so maybe it is a good sign to start with a draw.
superstition

post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2006, 19:13
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ירוק OLE!
yea the press really applauds him. He's a great player, and i like his style. A good call by kashtan, i just wish he would've have taken a chance with more youngsters.
his play style reminds me on cristiano ronaldo, a fast dribbler with a good cross to the middle ! (and with colautti we would get also a good header)
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2006, 20:19
Star Player

haha i wish we had a cristiano ronaldo on our team, but yea his style is very similar.
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2006, 11:19
Rising Star

i agree and disagree with some people here...
first off, i think omri afek was actually pretty good, it was tomer ben-yossef that was bad imo...
second, katan was garbage as in every NT match, i dont understand how he gets so many praises and in the paper he always gets high scores... it amazes me, the guy practically stood there and except for losing so many balls didnt do anything. against liverpool he was also bad, every corner kick he took never even reached the 16 meter box...
thirdly, davidovitch needs to retire from the NT. im serious this guy is totally overrated (like katan) and he needs to step down. did you see when slovenia scored a goal that was disallowed, the ball got to the slovenian player because instead of going down to the ground and picking up the ball with his hands (which je could have done) he decide to jump to the ball and punch it when the ball was low on the ground, he punched it right at a slovenian player who was luckily offsides... come on, lets be serious, hes not very good, even against liverpool on the second goal he came out with his knees instead of his hands trying to stop a goal, this is not the israeli league where players roll the ball into the net, you saw mark gonzalez the way he lifted the ball to the top corner...
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2006, 16:29
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Quote:
Originally Posted by HapoelFanIsrael
i agree and disagree with some people here...
first off, i think omri afek was actually pretty good, it was tomer ben-yossef that was bad imo...
second, katan was garbage as in every NT match, i dont understand how he gets so many praises and in the paper he always gets high scores... it amazes me, the guy practically stood there and except for losing so many balls didnt do anything. against liverpool he was also bad, every corner kick he took never even reached the 16 meter box...
thirdly, davidovitch needs to retire from the NT. im serious this guy is totally overrated (like katan) and he needs to step down. did you see when slovenia scored a goal that was disallowed, the ball got to the slovenian player because instead of going down to the ground and picking up the ball with his hands (which je could have done) he decide to jump to the ball and punch it when the ball was low on the ground, he punched it right at a slovenian player who was luckily offsides... come on, lets be serious, hes not very good, even against liverpool on the second goal he came out with his knees instead of his hands trying to stop a goal, this is not the israeli league where players roll the ball into the net, you saw mark gonzalez the way he lifted the ball to the top corner...
I agree with you when you say that Omri Afek was good. He should be in the NT, he is a versatile player that could play in different positions and during the match you don't need to make a substitution in order to change your style. He made a perfect assist for Benayoun's goal, great cross. Ben Yosef is good, but he should start. Guershon is better and Ben Haim will enter in his place. So don't worry about this. Katan is praised because of his potential, he had good years and good moments, maybe in the NT he is still earning a good performance,( it reminds me a bit of Revivo that rarely played well for the NT, but at Celta Vigo he was great). He is strong player that finishes well. Kashtan is giving him credit, but i believe he will be benched when Collauti comes in and with good displays from Ben Shushan and Arbeitman.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in