New squad announced: Roberto Colautti in, Benayoun named new captain - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2006, 09:58 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, Liverpool FC, Israeli NT
New squad announced: Roberto Colautti in, Benayoun named new captain

Here is Dror Kashtan's first ever NT squad.

Davidovich, Awat, Saban, Harazi, Ben Yosef, Ziv, Haliva, Afek, Gafni, Gershon, Ben-Haim, Zandberg, Bruchian, Shivchon, Tuama, Badir, Tal, Benayoun, Katan, Ben Shoshan, Arbeitman, Golan, M. Biton, Colautti

thoughts?

"Stop and stare...I think I'm moving but I go nowhere...."

:dielaugh:Beitar Jerusalem:dielaugh:

- Israeli Double Winners! League and State Cup Winners 2007/2008!

- 2006/2007 League Champions!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2006, 11:29
Rising Star

Teams: tfc-betar-israel nt
no nimny, no suan.
times are changing no??
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2006, 12:22
Rising Star

Teams: Ipswich Town, Hapoel Jerusalem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raanan
Here is Dror Kashtan's first ever NT squad.

Davidovich, Awat, Saban, Harazi, Ben Yosef, Ziv, Haliva, Afek, Gafni, Gershon, Ben-Haim, Zandberg, Bruchian, Shivchon, Tuama, Badir, Tal, Benayoun, Katan, Ben Shoshan, Arbeitman, Golan, M. Biton, Colautti

thoughts?

That is not the squad listed on One and the Sports Channel. The squad there is:

Davidovich, Awat,Ben Yosef, Ziv, Haliva, Afek, Gafni, Gershon, Ben-Haim, Zandberg, Bruchian, Shivchon, Alberman, Tuama, Badir, Tal, Benayoun, Katan, Ben Shoshan, Arbeitman, Golan, M. Biton, Colautti

Players dropped from Grant's NT include Keisi, Benado, Nimni, Saban ,Harazi, Suan, Balili and Yehiel.

BTW Beitar had no players on the NT and now they have 9!

"The Israeli footballer must undergo a change of 360 degrees".-Shlomo Sharf, former national team manager

'Winning,' he says, 'is not what Besiktas is about. It's enough to be a fan.' -A supporter of Besiktas (Turkey) sums up everything you need to know about being a football fan.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2006, 13:22
Star Player

I don't understand why Benado isn't on the squad, but what suprises me the most is Balili. I thought Kashtan and him had very strong ties, i was almost certain he would be on the squad, but this also makes me happy because i can see that Kashtan is not a dirty politician. Colautti is a much better striker, and i'm happy to see Arbietman there. Two players I would have liked to see are Asuilin, Itzhaki, Vermout and Oved but they also have many years to come. Other players like Tamuz, Peretz, Keinan, and Melikson are also future prospects. I'm happy to see that some of the talented youngsters at Beitar have been called up, but i'm worried they won't get enough minutes at Beitar.

Lastly, its good to see that players like Nimni, Harazi, and Keisi have been dropped. They are getting older and older and its time to develope a strong young defense with Ben-Haim as its leader.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2006, 13:23
Star Player

Just to clarify. This is the sqaud which will take of on Friday in order to start their training session in Slovenia.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2006, 13:36
Rookie

What do you guys think about Ben-Shoshan's being named to the squad. That's somewhat of a surprise, no?
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2006, 13:57
Star Player

he's a great player i saw him play against Hapoel, very skilled with his feet gave Tamuz a great cross....he's a talented player. Don't know if he'll start but i'm happy he's called up, its good to call up the young players and still keep some experienced ones.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2006, 15:46
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Well i think is intresting indeed Ben Shushan on the team. He is a good player, but strange since he doesn't have enough time of play and definitely will be tough for him. I thought Itzhaki would be on the list, he is also skillfull and has more time of play at Beitar. Maybe in future lists he is certainly a name to come. I was surprised with Badir's call, it seems it is his confidence man in midfield because Badir is not young anymore.
Regarding defense, we alreay have a clue of what Kashtan will field up, no more three defenders we will go back to the 4-4-2 since he only called up three central defenders in this squad. Benado still could've been there.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2006, 17:42
Premier Player

Teams: Maccabi Tel Aviv
i dont like it too much, where is keinan, shpungin, saban, magralishvili and melickson??? i mean why did he call biton if peretz is better IMO, why did he called tuama and badier when we have T.cohen, ohayon and mishaelof?? and a question why doesn't kashtan talks to de ridder to see if he finally wants to play for us or if he wants to stay in amsterdam watching soap operas..

but anywho this squad looks much much better than the last we had, i'm just happy he din't called suan, balili and nimny
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2006, 19:01
Rising Star

I think a place for Oved would have been warranted. Apart from that its good. So where is Benado playing this season?
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2006, 19:05
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilan
I think a place for Oved would have been warranted. Apart from that its good. So where is Benado playing this season?
Not sure yet. He recently declined an offer from Roni Levi and Shachar to stay at Haifa. Leading candidates are Beitar and Hapoel.
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2006, 19:14
Rising Star

its crap

saban should be in

david revivo

adoram keisi...........better than gafni

i hope hell change it side before the call up for qualifyiers
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2006, 19:15
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnorrer
i dont like it too much, where is keinan, shpungin, saban, magralishvili and melickson??? i mean why did he call biton if peretz is better IMO, why did he called tuama and badier when we have T.cohen, ohayon and mishaelof?? and a question why doesn't kashtan talks to de ridder to see if he finally wants to play for us or if he wants to stay in amsterdam watching soap operas..

but anywho this squad looks much much better than the last we had, i'm just happy he din't called suan, balili and nimny
they are too young my friend. 1-2 years they will be called up....players like Melikson, Mishaelof etc. are sure to be called up in my opinion. De Ridder will not come to play, he is playing somewhat well at the u-21 holland nt and he'd rather play for Dutch NT then Israeli NT, i think he only said he wanted to play because he thought that there was no more hope for him at the dutch nt
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2006, 02:39
Forum Manager
Legend

Kashtan to call Nimni!!

Despite leaving Avi Nimni out of the list, Dror Kashtan met with the player a few hours after his anouncement of the squad and assured that when Nimni return to top form he will call him back to the NT.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2006, 03:34
Star Player

i'm disappointed to hear this. I don't want Nimni in there, the only reason he was good there was to be a leader, and he is a great leader ofcourse. In terms of playing though he is too old, and if Benayoun was just handed the captains armband then Nimni will not be leading the team. Its a mistake to bring in an old player such as nimni.
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2006, 04:22
Premier Player

Teams: Maccabi Tel Aviv
Quote:
Originally Posted by ירוק OLE!
De Ridder will not come to play, he is playing somewhat well at the u-21 holland nt and he'd rather play for Dutch NT then Israeli NT, i think he only said he wanted to play because he thought that there was no more hope for him at the dutch nt
when de ridder get in his little head that he is not gonna play for holland, they have too many good players to give him a spot, well he can be the water boy!!!! p
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2006, 05:33
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
Nimny is slow..
i saw how he dealt with the ball..

he's name will only remind us of that cyprus goal..but so many goals were scored like this...why dont we call players who gave us that lucrative win agaisnt portugal in 1982....

Face it....
we dont need him..
we need more young players..
he doesnt do much with the ball when he gets it...

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2006, 14:28
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa21
Face it....
we dont need him..
we need more young players..
he doesnt do much with the ball when he gets it...
can't agree with you more, he's slow and that slows down the team. I know it may sound wrong to say, but with a line-up that Kashtan just called up which is very talented and quick could all be ruined if Nimni comes in. All he'll do is interfere with the speed of the play and possibly lose some balls. I'd rather see a young player instead. Like we said there isn't a lack of skilled young players who are ready to be called up. Itzhaki, Asuilin, Vermout, etc.
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2006, 14:39
Rising Star

I am really looking forward to seeing how Arbeitman, Benayoun and Katan link up with Collauti. I think Collautti cold finally be the striker Israel has lacked. Even in the days of Revivo and Berkovich. I think this could be an exciting time for our national team.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2006, 14:41
Rising Star

Oh and Lior Asulin should also be a certainty at least for the squad, he is soooooooo good.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in